PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead

will742
10-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Do you guys even think we can beat the Dolphins next week? 2 weeks ago, possibly even just a couple days ago, people would have written them off as a win. Now, I'm not so sure. They have beaten the Patriots and now the Chargers.

How does 0-5 sound to you guys? It doesn't sound very good to me. I was at the game today and Bob Mcnair along with Smith were both standing a good 7 yards from where my seats were located as the Texans slowly lost the game in the 4th quarter. I wish you guys could see the look of disbelief in Mcnairs face. It didn't get any better when the crowd started booing at the end.

What I'm trying to get at is, obviously Mcnair and co. know that there needs to be change, but what will be done? How can they react? Do they just ignore the booing?

I don't know about you guys, but the thought of 0 - 5 is horrifying.

Showtime100
10-05-2008, 05:27 PM
I can only handle one embarrassing loss at a time please, thank you.

Jackie Chiles
10-05-2008, 05:28 PM
There is a very real chance that we lose to Miami next week, that team is night and day from where it was last year. We can play with them at home but after seeing this game I think id be surprised if we weren't 0-5.

Historyhorn
10-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Looking ahead.

The short term forecast is that we'll suck. The longer term forecast is that we'll suck some more.

We'll get worked by the Dolphins (a team that actually is getting it's crap together).

We're lucky we've got the Lions & Bengals on the schedule. We should be able to beat them. Plus we get them at home, so that should count for something right?

We may not get the first pick in the draft next year, but we're putting up a hell of a fight for it.

kiwitexansfan
10-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Can this team beat a team who has beaten the Patriots and Chargers in the last two weeks?

No.

J-Russ
10-05-2008, 05:31 PM
There is a very real chance that we lose to Miami next week, that team is night and day from where it was last year. We can play with them at home but after seeing this game I think id be surprised if we weren't 0-5.

Last year they were struggling to just win one game, and now look at them. And some people said it takes two or three years to rebuild.:rolleyes:

It's all about getting the right people to run the show.

LonerATO
10-05-2008, 05:33 PM
something tells me we wont bet the Lions or the Bengals this year and someone mentioned that he wouldnt feel bad if Mario and Ryans left after their contracts are up I also feel the same

Hookem Horns
10-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Last year they were struggling to just win one game, and now look at them. And some people said it takes two or three years to rebuild.:rolleyes:

It's all about getting the right people to run the show.

Rebuild? That means you have to have actually been built to start off with. We'll have a great economy before the Texans ever sniff rebuilding. It doesn't look like they will ever have their initial build.

CrosbyTexansFan
10-05-2008, 05:35 PM
As you all can see, I have not posted many time here. Mainly cause I usually dont get caught up in this sort of thing. Obviously, it takes something horribly drastic to be happening for me to come in here to vent like this. Well, today's game was unacceptable, its simple as that. The Texans were supposed to be competitive this season. Even national NFL people were predicting a repectable season from them...not just local talking heads. THAT is what makes what is going on so unacceptable. I believe McNair knows this as well...so the question is, what is he going to do about it? And I'm sure he DID look totally discusted with the end of this game.....he should be even more so than the fans......after all he's the one putting up the dollars for these players, & coaches, etc. Back in the old days of the Oilers, the front office made so many knee jerk moves that it was Bud's calling card, it ruined that team. But, McNair has to do somthing soon, or those sell out games he enjoys every game may start to dwindle........just like the Oilers of old.:gun:

will742
10-05-2008, 05:53 PM
I just find it amazing how after a 1-15 season the Dolphins can go from laughing stock of the league to defeating the Patriots and the Chargers while we sit here and remain mediocre (at best).

Norg
10-05-2008, 05:59 PM
it will be a competive game thats all i gots to say

Norg
10-05-2008, 06:01 PM
As you all can see, I have not posted many time here. Mainly cause I usually dont get caught up in this sort of thing. Obviously, it takes something horribly drastic to be happening for me to come in here to vent like this. Well, today's game was unacceptable, its simple as that. The Texans were supposed to be competitive this season. Even national NFL people were predicting a repectable season from them...not just local talking heads. THAT is what makes what is going on so unacceptable. I believe McNair knows this as well...so the question is, what is he going to do about it? And I'm sure he DID look totally discusted with the end of this game.....he should be even more so than the fans......after all he's the one putting up the dollars for these players, & coaches, etc. Back in the old days of the Oilers, the front office made so many knee jerk moves that it was Bud's calling card, it ruined that team. But, McNair has to do somthing soon, or those sell out games he enjoys every game may start to dwindle........just like the Oilers of old.:gun:

we have been competitive tho we just lost to divison teams u see IMO next week will show us alot about our team because we face another "NON" divison oppent up and coming team

J-Russ
10-05-2008, 06:02 PM
I just find it amazing how after a 1-15 season the Dolphins can go from laughing stock defeating the Patriots and the Chargers while we sit here and remain mediocre (at best).

Atlanta is another team that is doing good that was one of the worst last year. Every year theres team that always surprise, and it kills me that its never us. 7 years now and we've been constantly at the bottom of the league.

dickieb
10-05-2008, 07:19 PM
I'll tell you exactly what is going to happen, we will suck the rest of the year. We will win just enough garbage games while playoff bound teams are resting starters to fu@k up a good draft pick.

LonerATO
10-05-2008, 07:24 PM
I just find it amazing how after a 1-15 season the Dolphins can go from laughing stock of the league to defeating the Patriots and the Chargers while we sit here and remain mediocre (at best).

it could happen to be "Bills Will" and the hard nose attitude he brought with him. They also arent making stupid plays just crazy college stuff

ziggy29
10-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Right about now, it feels like the thread title should be:

LLLLLLLLLLLLooking ahead.

BSofA04
10-05-2008, 07:37 PM
How embarassing is it going to be when we host MNF if we continue to play this way? How many people are going to tune into this team?

This was supposed to be our year we improved enough to warrant national attention. At this point, "WTF" pretty much sums it up.

Jackie Chiles
10-05-2008, 07:43 PM
I'll tell you exactly what is going to happen, we will suck the rest of the year. We will win just enough garbage games while playoff bound teams are resting starters to fu@k up a good draft pick.

Those high picks are over-rated, you can find great players later in round 1 and throughout the draft (something we have not done). Also even if you hit with those picks you have to shell out big time cash for them. I've been looking forward to the draft for too long, we just need some wins, screw everything else.

Speedy
10-05-2008, 09:45 PM
We're lucky we've got the Lions & Bengals on the schedule. We should be able to beat them.

Are you kidding? The Lions and Bengals are looking at the schedule and thinking they can at least get a win there.

Honoring Earl 34
10-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Are you kidding? The Lions and Bengals are looking at the schedule and thinking they can at least get a win there.

OK ... I see the lion ... where are we ?

http://tfootitt.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/wizard-of-oz.jpg

Runner
10-05-2008, 09:57 PM

I've heard it said that a person doesn't understand football if they think a team can be rebuilt in less than 4-5 years.

Somebody in Miami obviously doesn't understand football.

The Texans are lucky Kubes came here along with Rick Smith to do the rebuild right. Not everyone could have taken a team that was 7-9 in 2004 to 8-8 by 2007. They just need a little breather this year.

Htownsportsfan
10-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Hell yes we win! This team played a good game last week and a great game this week until Sage went all flying wallenda and coughed up the ball.

This team is not going to the playoffs but after what they have done the last two weeks, save and except Sage in the last 5 minutes I see some wins coming.