PDA

View Full Version : Vent Here However Keep it Civil

Runner
10-05-2008, 04:01 PM
I know this is a tough loss with the big come from ahead defeat, Sage vs. Matt, etc. etc.

Let's try to keep the board as civil as possible and post with some dignity.

Thanks.

brakos82
10-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Good luck with that...

beerlover
10-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Good luck with that...

yeah, fat chance :bat:

gtexan02
10-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Only solution is to lock down the board for the next 24 hours. Otherwise, tough loss = a lot of pissed off fans

MEGA SWATT
10-05-2008, 04:04 PM
talk about a sage riding high, and then trying to do too much and then crash landing back to reality.:goodpost:

kiwitexansfan
10-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Is it ok that I find others pain amusing?

Honoring Earl 34
10-05-2008, 04:05 PM
We need a bailout !

brakos82
10-05-2008, 04:07 PM
We need a bailout !
We could set Sage on fire as a religious sacrifice...

gtexan02
10-05-2008, 04:08 PM
I hope anyone who sees him in Houston gives him the booing of a lifetimme

MEGA SWATT
10-05-2008, 04:09 PM
We could set Sage on fire as a religious sacrifice...

wow, let's keep this civil.:thinking:

TexansSeminole
10-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Wow...the CBS guys looked disgusted and they are far from fans of the Texan franchise.

bah007
10-05-2008, 04:11 PM
wow, let's keep this civil.:thinking:

That WOULD be civil.

Seriously, I know people that WANT TO KILL HIM right now.

Runner
10-05-2008, 04:11 PM
We can always try humor.

brakos82
10-05-2008, 04:12 PM
We need some Sage pink soap...

Thumper
10-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Only solution is to lock down the board for the next 24 hours. Otherwise, tough loss = a lot of pissed off fans

Yep, pissed off fan here!

kiwitexansfan
10-05-2008, 04:13 PM
We can always try humor.

Problem people would think it was funny right now, if Rosenfels got hit by a truck.

LORK 88
10-05-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm too disgusted and dismayed to be unruly as much as I wish I could pull an Ari Gold right now . . .

LORK 88
10-05-2008, 04:16 PM
We can always try humor.

Worst. Game. Ever. http://sheeats.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/comic-book-guy-13018.jpg

MEGA SWATT
That WOULD be civil.

Seriously, I know people that WANT TO KILL HIM right now.

It's a freaking game, get over it. I don't give a crap how much you or anyone is crying about this. It's a freaking game. You can talk about firing someone, cutting someone(from the roster:rolleyes:), yelling at someone, heck insulting them and calling them stupid..but jokes about burning and murder, well sorry for thinking that's over the top. You can find another way to illustrate just HOW angry you are without losing civility and class.

kbourda
This hurts. Plain and simple. This loss goes beyond the old cliche' "Positive loss". The Texans have to finish and close out a team like that. No more excuses.

ATX
10-05-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm sure the board is nothing compared to Kirby Drive right now.

ziggy29
10-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Come on folks, this is sports, not life or death.

Yeah, I'm bummed as hell. Yes, I'm sick of this franchise finding a new way to rip a fan's heart out week after week. And I'm really unhappy with a particular player's mistakes late in the game, which is all the more unfortunate because he was playing a damn good game until he started trying to do too much.

And yes, we need to vent. And within a sports context, looking at what went right and, ultimately (unfortunately), what went wrong.

Joking about bodily harm is just not funny. Especially when you consider there have been soccer players in the worlds who HAVE been killed after making really boneheaded plays that cost the game.

CrosbyTexansFan
10-05-2008, 04:19 PM
I know this is a tough loss with the big come from ahead defeat, Sage vs. Matt, etc. etc.

Let's try to keep the board as civil as possible and post with some dignity.

Thanks.

I'm totally "civil".

But Sage should have been cut & run out of the stadium before the game even ended. This is just unacceptable.

Shaub should have been in there for the last series, no matter how bad he "felt".:gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:

bah007
10-05-2008, 04:20 PM
It's a freaking game, get over it. I don't give a crap how much you or anyone is crying about this. It's a freaking game. You can talk about firing someone, cutting someone(from the roster:rolleyes:), yelling at someone, heck insulting them and calling them stupid..but jokes about burning and murder, well sorry for thinking that's over the top. You can find another way to illustrate just HOW angry you are without losing civility and class.

Wow. Just wow.

I hope nobody ever start booing you as you walk down the street.

Find a post where I said anything close to I want to murder him. I was talking about one of my friends & it was obviously just a joke.

TexansSeminole
10-05-2008, 04:21 PM
This kind of loss will make you stop caring. When you expect to lose practically every week it's hard to continue to care.

kbourda
10-05-2008, 04:23 PM

For some people that is the way they vent. I completely understand. There is no "putting things in perspective" about football being a game. For some people, this is what they thrive on or bluntly s**t on a daily basis. This is serious. So if our team is not showing the fire that some of us will display then there is a serious problem with the team. By the way, did you think the Colts thought it was just a game?

ATXtexanfan
10-05-2008, 04:35 PM
So what's our top priority in the draft

Trail.Blazr
10-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Let's Keep It Civil Everyone

Classic.

:embarrass :embarrass :embarrass :embarrass :embarrass :embarrass

nunusguy
10-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Honestly I really feel sorry for Sage right now. From everything I've heard he's a pretty descent guy and liked and respected by his teammates. Maybe not too much right now though, huh ?
The Texans bounce-back attitude in this game after last weeks heartbreaking OT loss was admirable, so I wonder about next week ? Gonna be even tougher to come back and produce a sustained effort after this kind of loss.

Texans34Life
10-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Hey EVERYONE, let's get LOADED on OPTIMISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texanmike02
10-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Are you serious? You're worried about people burning sage on a message board? I'd be more worried about real life. Look that guy is what he is. He's a backup. That's all. I don't know why this was a shock to anybody. He has taken risks with the ball his entire career. That's probably why he's a backup. No wait. That IS why he's a backup.

Is tar and feathering not considered a reasonable request. It was a legitimate punishment up until only about 150 years ago.

Let people vent here. Hopefully somebody vents here instead of going out and taking something out on their dog, kid, wife, neighbor, city, whatever.....

Mike

TexansLucky13
10-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey EVERYONE, let's get LOADED on OPTIMISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's fair to say that most of us are getting loaded right now.... and not on optimism.

Hookem Horns
10-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Sorry but I had to rename this thread. There will be no sugar coating this garbage. Carry on.

mattieuk
10-05-2008, 05:29 PM
So what's our top priority in the draft

Having any fans left by time it comes around.

Dancerdog
10-05-2008, 05:29 PM
I just walked into my house after my ride home from Reliant Stadium. I don't know whether to scream or cry.

LonerATO
10-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I just walked into my house after my ride home from Reliant Stadium. I don't know whether to scream or cry.

try both

kiwitexansfan
10-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Sorry but I had to rename this thread. There will be no sugar coating this garbage. Carry on.

I was wondering who changed it!

Yes, it was garbage, covered in Turd, wrapped in Offal and served chilled.

Bipolar The Titan
10-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Is it ok that I find others pain amusing?

I do. :fans:

ATXtexanfan
10-05-2008, 05:38 PM

Be glad you don't have a 3 hr drive home

Hookem Horns
10-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Geez, I am so mad I initially typoed "redefined".

kiwitexansfan
10-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Geez, I am so mad I initially typoed "redefined".

I was trying to think exactly what Redined meant.....

Hookem Horns
10-05-2008, 05:52 PM
I was trying to think exactly what Redined meant.....

Well, I guess you could say I almost "redined" when I almost threw up my dinner after that choke job.

Norg
10-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Well we lost Agian...what can i say we lost we are 0-4 I fell sad for the boyz esp the boyz but i hope the man UP and dont fell down on themselfs they played Good but....................Crumbled in the end it was like the fall of ROME but much faster like someone NUKED rome to speed things up that fast

I was at the game and it was funny even the colts fans where shocked They won LOL :gun::gun::gun::gun:

TheIronDuke
10-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Well we lost Agian...what can i say we lost we are 0-4 I fell sad for the boyz esp the boyz but i hope the man UP and dont fell down on themselfs they played Good but....................Crumbled in the end it was like the fall of ROME but much faster like someone NUKED rome to speed things up that fast

I was at the game and it was funny even the colts fans where shocked They won LOL :gun::gun::gun::gun:

I liked it better when you were Johnson Fan.

TxDavid
10-05-2008, 07:15 PM
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5971/churchsignnc1.jpg

swtbound07
10-05-2008, 07:32 PM
and you people wonder why i do drugs.

WWJD
10-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Ah...this is one of those losses that sticks in your gut for a long time because of the way they lost. I feel very badly for Sage...he played so well there and just lost his composure there at the end.

And certainly this is a lesson learned in football class 101....play for the WHOLE 60 minutes because anything can happen.

ziggy29
10-05-2008, 07:36 PM
and you people wonder why i do drugs.
I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

False Start
10-05-2008, 07:39 PM
I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

To hell with glue, freon is the way to go!!!!

BSofA04
10-05-2008, 07:47 PM
The only game this season that the defense really stepped up and our offense craps out. Last week it was all offense, no defense. Two heartbreaking defeats.

It sucks when you're watching this game with non-Texan fans and they start feeling bad for you.

TexansLucky13
10-05-2008, 07:49 PM
All we have is wine and nasty-arse beer. I ran out of rum during the Titans game...

mattieuk
10-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Still trying to figure out what happened.

It was easier to freaking win!

Runner
10-05-2008, 08:39 PM
I regret my decision to not to be as redundantly negative as I have been.

I may have to revise it based on further evidence.

Htownsportsfan
10-05-2008, 09:16 PM
I am making pretty good time on the stages of grief, I am just about done bargaining and about to settle in for a good night of depression. I expect to reach acceptance by lunch tomorrow and be ready for beer, wings and MNF!

Hervoyel
10-05-2008, 09:42 PM
I'll repeat what I've been saying for weeks now.

I loved the Oilers, I endure the Texans.

Seriously, being a fan of these guys is like a damned endurance trial or something. It's like running some sort of fan abuse gauntlet.

Additionally I just want everyone to know that every single person who is typing or saying that "it's just a game" and "Why get so upset over..." BS needs to go log off. If it's not that important to you then why are you here and who asked you to take time out of your busy schedule to try and grief counsel the rest of us?

Today I'm dealing with some good stuff here. I've got a case of Heineken and I'm thinking that the Texans are maybe the worst franchise in the history of the NFL. They make the Oilers look pretty damned good in comparison (even with that Sunday in Buffalo thrown in). I don't think I've seen another team sign a free agent QB that a team as bad as the Miami Dolphins declined to bring back, then convince themselves that a decent streak of play meant that he was a starter, THEN decline to trade his mediocre butt because they weren't getting decent value for the guy that the Dolphins saw no value in, then get bit in the ass like the Texans did today by said "supposed" starter.

I saw this coming last year. No, not this exact scenario. I just saw the Texans and many of you guys acting like Sage was something special and just knew that it was time to sell while the dudes stock was high.

Hookem Horns
10-05-2008, 09:54 PM
I wonder if Sage's value went down today?

:sarcasm:

Honoring Earl 34
10-05-2008, 09:56 PM
I wonder if Sage's value went down today?

:sarcasm:

I would say that he's calling Paulson as we speak .

BSofA04
10-05-2008, 10:12 PM
If we continue to lose and get a high pick in the draft, it'll eat away at our cap even more. This is going to make it even HARDER to become competitive through FA and such. We've all seen the ridiculous figures top 5 picks make. C'mon Texans!!!!

LonerATO
10-05-2008, 10:12 PM
If we continue to lose and get a high pick in the draft, it'll eat away at our cap even more. This is going to make it even HARDER to become competitive through FA and such. We've all seen the ridiculous figures top 5 picks make. C'mon Texans!!!!

two words trade down

BSofA04
10-05-2008, 10:30 PM
two words trade down

You get my point though. Losses can cripple a franchsie. Case in point...the Detroit Lions and Arizona Cardinals.

axman40
10-05-2008, 11:03 PM
BOHICA !
:specnatz:

LonerATO
10-05-2008, 11:28 PM
oh man I love me some bohica

False Start
10-05-2008, 11:35 PM
I was flipping through the channels tonight and I saw a program on National Geographic called "Aftermath : Population Zero". I thought it was a show about the fan base of the Houston Texans.

IlliniJen
10-06-2008, 12:16 AM
The next person to EVER say that Sage is a better QB over Schaub will get donkey punched by me.

First the Cubs, now the Texans with the most heart-breaking, dumb-founding loss of their history. We sat in stunned silence watching the end of that game. One man cost them the game, plain and simple. Everyone else played a damn good game, and Sage gives the game away completely. Who was he even throwing to on that interception?

Hookem Horns
10-06-2008, 12:20 AM
First the Cubs

Now I don't feel so bad, it could have been worse. ;)

LoneStarState
10-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Sad thing is I kept waiting for the other shoe to fall during the game. I guess all four shoes fell off the bull today...

Depressing... :(

IlliniJen
Now I don't feel so bad, it could have been worse. ;)

I've got two things to look forward to the rest of this year:

1. Some nasty Ron Artest giving the Rockets some balls.
2. Illinois' Juice Williams lighting people up.

Kaiser Toro
I hate this team and that friggin half a coach. I am sure I will love them again tomorrow, but right now - hate is the operative word.

Second Honeymoon
10-06-2008, 12:35 AM
I hate this team and that friggin half a coach. I am sure I will love them again tomorrow, but right now - hate is the operative word.

I feel your pain....and it's becoming increasingly obvious that the Oilers weren't cursed. Houston professional football was and is cursed.

Now we have 35-3, Stagger Lee, The River Game in Three Rivers 1979, The 'Renfro', Montana to Cash, Elway's 'Other' Comeback, Buddy's Punch, and now we have Sage's Surprise. Granted, Sage's chokejob was regular season but were the Texans, its not like we are postseason material anytime soon. Take what you can get.

When will the first fans wear their paper bags? I guarantee you if the Dolphins come in and punk the Texans, I may have to get myself fitted for one.

LonerATO
10-06-2008, 12:37 AM
how about not using a bag and just not show up to the game

IlliniJen
10-06-2008, 12:41 AM

I can't even feel hate. I'm just hollow inside. Save for Illinois putting a smackdown on Michigan, it's been a bad sports week for me. I'm going to become a Dynamo fan.

Kaiser Toro
10-06-2008, 12:45 AM
I can't even feel hate. I'm just hollow inside. Save for Illinois putting a smackdown on Michigan, it's been a bad sports week for me. I'm going to become a Dynamo fan.

I am a very mellow, laid back person and almost got into a fight at BW3 after the game with a Cowboy fan. I am still fired up and am waiting for my wife to fall asleep so I can put myself through more torture via a replay of the Chronicles of Rosenfels.

Second Honeymoon
10-06-2008, 12:45 AM
how about not using a bag and just not show up to the game

tickets are paid for and everything besides the product on the field is a lot of fun...as our tailgating is great and we have some of the friendliest fans in the game.

LonerATO
10-06-2008, 12:49 AM
tickets are paid for and everything besides the product on the field is a lot of fun...as our tailgating is great and we have some of the friendliest fans in the game.

well hell lets just tailgate it up and not walk into the stadium

IlliniJen
10-06-2008, 12:55 AM
I am a very mellow, laid back person and almost got into a fight at BW3 after the game with a Cowboy fan. I am still fired up and am waiting for my wife to fall asleep so I can put myself through more torture via a replay of the Chronicles of Rosenfels.

Which BW3? And almost getting into a fight with a Cowboys fan is no biggie...they're an annoying lot. They almost beg for a good beating.

Kaiser Toro
10-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Which BW3? And almost getting into a fight with a Cowboys fan is no biggie...they're an annoying lot. They almost beg for a good beating.

Kirby, near Rice Univ.

threetoedpete
10-06-2008, 01:01 AM
I hope anyone who sees him in Houston gives him the booing of a lifetimme

No one feels worse about this than Sage Rosenfelds, maybe his wife. The guy was one season away from a forty to sixty million dollar contract. That got left on Reliant's floor with three something left on the clock. Makes you feel better boo him. He can't feel any worse than he already does. Not many of us can say that we know what losing forty million bucks is like. Sad thing about it is they played the best game of the last two years. Went from their best to their worst very quickly.

eriadoc
10-06-2008, 01:03 AM

I have been hating this team for a while now. I gave some truly serious thought to unloading the PSLs and season tix this past off-season, but I decided to stick it out another year. No more. I'll watch on TV and I'll hope and pray, but I am selling the PSLs and tix ASAP. I am hoping that my anger levels will decline proportionally with my financial investment.

Like you, I have been pissed off all day. My wife knows better than to even talk to me and I haven't been answering the phone. Any hobby/side interest/whatever the %$^& this is shouldn't become masochism. This is taking years off my life, I swear.

DiehardChris
10-06-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm so sick of feeling this way about this team... I still love'em, and I always will, there's just no way to stop that... but man, I hate having this feeling every friggin' Sunday. It ruins my day (and my wife's).

The really horrible thing about this game though, is that for me - there's a world of difference between 0-3 and 0-4. If they were 1-3, I could have felt "hey, our one win is against a pretty good Colts team (despite their record) and we can now realistically win 3 more at home against some less-elite opponents."

Instead - even if we win next week, what am I going to say? "Yay, we're 1-4, and our win is against a Dolphins team that was 2-2, and if we win two more in a row, we'll be 3-4."

Big whoop.

So yeah, this one stings like hell... and even if we win the next three weeks, it's going to be hard for me to get excited about it. Beating a solid team like Indy would have gone a LONG way to some really positive feelings - especially since we could've all looked at each other REALISTICALLY and said - "hey, we can definitely be 4-3 in a few more weeks."

eriadoc
10-06-2008, 01:05 AM
I'm so sick of feeling this way about this team... I still love'em, and I always will, there's just no way to stop that... but man, I hate having this feeling every friggin' Sunday. It ruins my day (and my wife's).

The really horrible thing about this game though, is that for me - there's a world of difference between 0-3 and 0-4. If they were 1-3, I could have felt "hey, our one win is against a pretty good Colts team (despite their record) and we can now realistically win 3 more at home against some less-elite opponents."

Instead - even if we win next week, what am I going to say? "Yay, we're 1-4, and our win is against a Dolphins team that was 2-2, and if we win two more in a row, we'll be 3-4."

Big whoop.

Yup. If we pull off our first ever 3 game win streak, we'll almost be average.

utahmark
10-06-2008, 01:42 AM
We can always try humor.

we see that on the field every sunday.

Vinny
10-06-2008, 02:09 AM
I retired yakety sax (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07njA4PH194) with Dom Capers but really....it is still our theme song.

RipTraxx
10-06-2008, 03:57 AM
Still trying to figure out what happened.

It was easier to freaking win!

Sums it up PERFECTLY!

FirstTexansFan
10-06-2008, 03:59 AM
I'm usually over these things in a few hours....still quite depressed after today. Unlike most of you, I'm without solutions like fire so and so, cut that guy, trade for, etc. I had that sinking feeling after the Colts went in to bring the score within ten points, but kept telling myself, they won't blow it. Apparently I'm psychic like a few of you, or maybe I've just come to the point of being a fan of this team, where I expect them to screw it up.
I have come to the conclusion, I'm doomed to never have an NFL team I can have any pride in. It's difficult enough living in Cowboy country without an atrocity like today's game.

Happy Hoosier
10-06-2008, 05:14 AM
A small amount of comfort from a Happy Hoosier....:splits:
You all won the game... and deserved the win... :ouch:
Most of us are in shock :shocked by this act from the Football Gods which seems unfair to you and to your QB... Be merciful on him... He has learned a few things today...:gun:
Just hang in there... it is a long season... you have a great and upcoming team:wherewill:gotexans1

Now vent your dissapointment and hurt onto the rest of the season and Beat Tennesee! You do have another game with us!

The AFC South is the toughest Division in all of Football...

YOU ALL are in our prayers for the Ike Castastrophe... More Help is on the way!

False Start
10-06-2008, 10:13 AM
I retired yakety sax (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07njA4PH194) with Dom Capers but really....it is still our theme song.

I called for it yesterday. Brilliant minds think alike. :heh: :cool:

Trail.Blazr
10-06-2008, 10:15 AM

Big whoop.

So yeah, this one stings like hell... and even if we win the next three weeks, it's going to be hard for me to get excited about it. Beating a solid team like Indy would have gone a LONG way to some really positive feelings - especially since we could've all looked at each other REALISTICALLY and said - "hey, we can definitely be 4-3 in a few more weeks."

I think the Colts WERE a pretty good team, but so far this season have dealt with injuries and such that make them average. A win against them would have been a win against an Average team.

Arguably, the Texans should be 3-1 right now, with all 3 wins within the division.. talk about a wet dream ruined...

Bad Teams lose games the way the last 3 have been lost... there's no other way to put it.

Rosenfels is the likely goat this week, but I still put mismanagement of the game on the shoulders of GK.

I'm braced for 'another' LOOONG season.

:foottap:

spurstexanstros
10-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Here is my vent......

Darn. That stinks. I feel like crappy crap crap.

ahhhh is it Sunday yet? No... Monday...... darn it to heck. Its gonna be a long week.

HJam72
10-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Here is my vent......

Darn. That stinks. I feel like crappy crap crap.

ahhhh is it Sunday yet? No... Monday...... darn it to heck. Its gonna be a long week.

Next week may be longer.