PDA

View Full Version : Rosenfels is our QB TODAY!!!!!!!!

CloakNNNdagger
10-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Just announced. Schaub supposedly with flu. Could this be a half truth??????

jaayteetx
10-05-2008, 12:04 PM

No way, Matt played great last week. He must be truly sick.

TEXANRED
10-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Last second? Crap.

I need to make a new prayer.

mexican_texan
10-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Is Ron Dayne our RB? Otherwise, we have no hope.

J-Russ
10-05-2008, 12:09 PM
WOW Kubiak. Stick with the guy when he suck, bench him when he lights it up. Great Logic!!!!

JKing.

Said on NFL today, he had to go to the hospital last night. I was in the crapper when they announced it, needless to say I crapped myself after they said it.

CloakNNNdagger
10-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm looking for "The Gunslinger" to make it 5-1. Where would we be now had we traded him........Brink?

jaayteetx
10-05-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm looking for "The Gunslinger" to make it 5-1. Where would we be now had we traded him........Brink?

Naw, probably would have kept the kid from Jacksonville.

J-Russ
10-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Either two things is going to happen today...

If Rosenfels lead us to our first victory, especially against the Colts, it will bring back the QB controversy stronger then ever.

If Rosenfels flunk, then we'll just say we lost because we have a back-up QB in today.

Darkhorse Scenario: Matt comes back at half-time and lead us to victory, Water-Boy Style. Come on Matt, you can do it!!!

mattieuk
10-05-2008, 12:19 PM

If Rosenfels lead us to our first victory, especially against the Colts, it will bring back the QB controversy stronger then ever.

If Rosenfels flunk, then we'll just say we lost because we have a back-up QB in today.

Darkhorse Scenario: Matt comes back at half-time and lead us to victory, Water-Boy Style. Come on Matt, you can do it!!!

Haha, Matt Schaub, with the IV still in his arm returns from hospital at Half Time... Now theres a sight I'd like to see...

Thorn
10-05-2008, 12:21 PM
OK, so who is Sage's backup? We cut Boyd and what-his-name. If Sage goes down, who takes the snaps?

hot pickle
10-05-2008, 12:23 PM
hahaahh schaub sick.... yaaa righttt.... lol... go sage

schaub is apparently number 2 still even though hes "sick" and it owen daniels is the emergency number 3

rmartin65
10-05-2008, 12:23 PM
OK, so who is Sage's backup? We cut Boyd and what-his-name. If Sage goes down, who takes the snaps?

The Texans stick a receiver in there, maybe a runningback, and they run a wicked option.

jaayteetx
10-05-2008, 12:24 PM

Schaub will suit up and is the backup today. OD is the emergency 3rd qb.

J-Russ
10-05-2008, 12:24 PM

Matt Turk FTW! He seems pretty sharp acouple of weeks ago throwing the hog after that fail FG. NOTTT

Thorn
10-05-2008, 12:26 PM
On the Colts board they are saying Sage and Schaub are interchangeable, and it won't make it difference to the game. LOL

ATX
10-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Schaub will suit up and is the backup today. OD is the emergency 3rd qb.

Sweet, can he throw the ball to himself?

b0ng
10-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Oh god, it's either QB controversy and a win. . .

or a loss. Neither sound good :(

jaayteetx
10-05-2008, 12:31 PM

I'll take the "W" and a qb controversy any day.

HoustonFrog

Agree. I just saw this on ESPN and was like WTF

The Pencil Neck

Owen Daniels.

The Pencil Neck
10-05-2008, 12:33 PM
According to ESPN, Matt had a viral infection yesterday and ended up spending the night at the hospital.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3627038

b0ng
10-05-2008, 12:38 PM
I'll take the "W" and a qb controversy any day.

"Sage is obviously our best QB. He got the win."

This will be said even if Sage throws 3 picks and 1 TD and the defense shows up big with the win.

jaayteetx
10-05-2008, 12:38 PM
According to ESPN, Matt had a viral infection yesterday and ended up spending the night at the hospital.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3627038

Man, I bet he's going to be miserable today sitting on the sideline in that heat, sick as a dog.

Nawzer
10-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Man this sucks big time! Hope Schaub has a full recovery. Already we're without some player and now this. Hope Rosenfels will play well enough...

RosenfelsIsMyQB
10-05-2008, 12:44 PM
We're going to win now! :fans:

Mailman
10-05-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm an optimist about my sports teams, but I can't help but think this is a very bad sign.

Hello 0-4.

GP
10-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Sage is screwed no matter what.

We lose the game, he's to blame.

We win, it was a fluke and Schaub is still "The Anointed One."

LOL.

Who freaking cares, as long as we win? At this point...I just would like to see the Texans with a 1 in the "W" column.

brakos82
10-05-2008, 12:48 PM
We're going to win now! :fans:
Who'd've figured you finding this thread?

RED_ROOSTER
10-05-2008, 12:49 PM
hope he does well...is this truly the flu for matt or are the texans scrambling for an answer

b0ng
10-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Who freaking cares, as long as we win? At this point...I just would like to see the Texans with a 1 in the "W" column.

You are right. I just hope that Sage earns the "W". And if he way outperforms what Matt did last week then I can fully realize that we do have a QB controversy.

God that was hard to type.

J-Russ
10-05-2008, 12:52 PM
You are right. I just hope that Sage earns the "W". And if he way outperforms what Matt did last week then I can fully realize that we do have a QB controversy.

God that was hard to type.

6 TDs 600 yards performance? Incredible.

bollocks
10-05-2008, 12:53 PM
I just hope that if we do lose this game that people don't idiotically just blame it on Sage. We likely won't win this game, but it's not because we have a "career backup" in at QB.

GP
hope he does well...is this truly the flu for matt or are the texans scrambling for an answer

It's legit. Don't think Schaub would have been admitted to a hospital just to make an elaborate ploy to play Sage at QB.

Plus, Schaub played really well last week.

b0ng
6 TDs 600 yards performance? Incredible.

If he throws no picks at all and a few TD's then pretty much that's about what Schaub did. If he does that then it seems like we have 2 QB's who are either backups or starters.

Thorn
10-05-2008, 12:55 PM
My prediction is that if we lose, it will be on the shoulders of a non-existent defense rather than QB play.

Brando
10-05-2008, 12:55 PM
The Colts have been game planning for Schaub all week, this could be a factor.

J-Russ
10-05-2008, 12:56 PM
CBS was just showing Schaub rallying everyone up in the tunnel. He seems ok...

HoustonFrog
10-05-2008, 12:59 PM
CBS was just showing Schaub rallying everyone up in the tunnel. He seems ok...

I saw that too. We will see

GP
10-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Is Owen Daniels seriously the 3rd QB today?

Several people on here have said that a great HC learns from his mistakes. If we went into today's game with our backup (Sage) and a sickly QB (Schaub) and a TE as our third QB...and, Kubiak said in off-season he was thinking very seriously about carrying three QBs for the 08 season due to Schaub injury last year...would that qualify as a HC not learning from his mistakes?

If Sage gets dinged, Schaub is likely weak from overnight illness, and Owen Daniels is left to carry the weight of the QB position if something then happened to Schaub? LOL. Only in Houston....

mattieuk
10-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Is Owen Daniels seriously the 3rd QB today?

Several people on here have said that a great HC learns from his mistakes. If we went into today's game with our backup (Sage) and a sickly QB (Schaub) and a TE as our third QB...and, Kubiak said in off-season he was thinking very seriously about carrying three QBs for the 08 season due to Schaub injury last year...would that qualify as a HC not learning from his mistakes?

If Sage gets dinged, Schaub is likely weak from overnight illness, and Owen Daniels is left to carry the weight of the QB position? LOL. Only in Houston....

He was backup QB at college for a couple of the years. Hopefully we won't come close to him taking snaps, but he'll be able to take a snap and hand it off, and dump some short passes off with decent competency, so even if the worst happens, we shouldn't be totally screwed.

J-Russ
10-05-2008, 02:21 PM
With the rate he's going, it'll cost teams two 2nd rounders to get him!!!

J-Russ
10-05-2008, 04:19 PM

Seriously. I wasn't kidding. Even Brad-Lee Van Pelt could've kept the damn led after leading by 17 freakin points. Stupid ass mistake by Rolaffles.

edo783
10-05-2008, 05:36 PM
My prediction is that if we lose, it will be on the shoulders of a non-existent defense rather than QB play.

Might want to up grade that crystal ball to the one with the light in it Thorn. LOL

Vinny
10-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Commander Sage took the game away from the team. Thanks Sage, please go back to the bench.

gwallaia
10-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Sage, please leave town now.

brakos82
10-05-2008, 06:47 PM
We need to bring back Mafia...

Hooston Texan
10-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Sage is screwed no matter what.

We lose the game, he's to blame..

Nostradamus should predict this well. Though I'm not sure this came true in the way you expected.

Rosenfels deserves props for the way he played the first 52 minutes, but what we witnessed after that was a one-man meltdown the likes of which I'm not sure the NFL has ever seen. Joe Pisarcek was a piker compared to what Sage pulled off today.

My heart goes out to him. The scholars will be pondering this collapse for decades.

Hervoyel
10-05-2008, 09:12 PM
The Texans were fools not to trade this easy to like but mistake prone journeyman QB when he had value. Right now you couldn't pay another team to take him off of our hands.

The next time somebody walks up to me and tells me that this stupid son of a ***** should be starting I'm going to laugh in their face. All of the effort that was expended to promote the value of this player and the resistance to trading him while he had (for the first time in his NFL career) real "value" proved to be nothing but wasted breath.

The man single handedly cost the Texans their first win with his stupid decisions and poor play.

Hervoyel
10-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Nostradamus should predict this well. Though I'm not sure this came true in the way you expected.

Rosenfels deserves props for the way he played the first 52 minutes, but what we witnessed after that was a one-man meltdown the likes of which I'm not sure the NFL has ever seen. Joe Pisarcek was a piker compared to what Sage pulled off today.

My heart goes out to him. The scholars will be pondering this collapse for decades.

No they won't. This is what you get from Sage. He takes chances, makes poor decisions, and costly mistakes when he gets "rolling". He's fine while playing in a tightly controlled system where he is kept from "winging it". When he gets some swagger going and starts thinking he's something special he coughs up the interception, fumble, or lousy decision like clockwork. The "scholars" knew this about him long before he came to play for the Texans. Apparently only the Texans and some of their fans were unaware that Sage was nothing to get excited about.

steelbtexan
10-05-2008, 10:19 PM
No they won't. This is what you get from Sage. He takes chances, makes poor decisions, and costly mistakes when he gets "rolling". He's fine while playing in a tightly controlled system where he is kept from "winging it". When he gets some swagger going and starts thinking he's something special he coughs up the interception, fumble, or lousy decision like clockwork. The "scholars" knew this about him long before he came to play for the Texans. Apparently only the Texans and some of their fans were unaware that Sage was nothing to get excited about.

I could'nt say it any better than this.

BUY Low sell high

BUSINESS 101

Lets hope Matts bout with the runs passes quickly

junior
10-05-2008, 10:35 PM

exactly, Sage is 4-2 as a starter for us, he has shown us to be awful time and time again. he isnt very good thats obvious but at least he ain't 4-10 as a starter for us.

it's pretty obvious our QB situation sucks, Sage is who we thought he was, a backup and Schaub is as well. Oh yeah Schaub will look great for a game or two but then he will suck the next 3 or 4, hence his 4-12 record as a starter.

time to start scouting the college QB's.

DexmanC
10-06-2008, 01:27 AM
I could'nt say it any better than this.
Lets hope Matts bout with the runs passes quickly

Well said!!

threetoedpete
10-06-2008, 01:52 AM

I don't know Doc...you're the expert. What I saw was a guy very green around the gills. My Money says MS won't be doing the Humpty dance or eating anything greasy for a couple of days.

SheTexan
10-06-2008, 06:53 AM
I don't know Doc...you're the expert. What I saw was a guy very green around the gills. My Money says MS won't be doing the Humpty dance or eating anything greasy for a couple of days.

He didn't look that green to me! Give him some pepto and tell him to get his ass on the field and earn his millions!!! Men are such wussies!!:winky: