PDA

View Full Version : geographically speaking

kastofsna
10-04-2008, 01:22 PM
shouldn't the Dolphins and Colts switch divisions?

brakos82
10-04-2008, 01:24 PM
That's what I always do in Madden.

Specnatz
10-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Will not happen as long as Peyton and Gisele are doing so well and not to mention re-alignment will not take place until Jacksonville or the Saints relocate.

jaayteetx
10-04-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm all for it.

Dan B.
11-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Realistically the Cowboys would be in the west and St. Louis or someone would be in the NFC East. But the NFL ain't gonna get rid of Cowboys/Skins, Dallas/Philly, or Cowboys/Giants.

Similarly, Dolphins/Jets, Dolphins/Bills, and Miami/New England are long standing rivalries that I seriously doubt are going anywhere. Since there are so few games played and the travel costs are relatively similar whether you are flying to Jacksonville or Buffalo, I don't think the NFL really needs geographical divisions at all.

I do wonder what would have happened if the Oilers hadn't moved. I miss playing Pittsburgh, Cincy, and Cleveland every year, even as the Texans. I would hope the NFL wouldn't screw with that division if we still had the Oilers. I guess you'd have to put Baltimore in the AFC South -- they belong as much as Indy, plus you have the natural hatred for the Baltimore fans towards the Colts (like Cleveland's for the Ravens).

Hookem Horns
11-03-2008, 12:17 AM
The Colts should be in the AFC North (geographically speaking) with the Bengals, Browns, and Steelers. Indiana is right there with Ohio and those areas are natural rivals in other sports.

Actually that is how it was intially going to be. The Ravens were going to be in the AFC South. However the Rooney's cried and wanted Modell in their division so they sent the Colts to the South and allowed Modell and the Ravens to stay in the North.

The Ravens would have made more sense for the South. They are a relocation team like the Titans and had a real strong rivalry with them. Most Texans won't think of Baltimore as being in the South, however Maryland, especially Baltimore folks consider themselves Southern and they are south of the Mason/Dixon line which by definition makes them a Southern city.

As an old Oilers fan I would have loved the Texans to be in the same division as the old AFC Central teams however that wasn't going to happen.

TexanSam
11-03-2008, 12:21 AM
If we were doing it geographically, the Texans would be in a division with the Cowboys, Saints, and Falcons or Cardinals.

mexican_texan
11-03-2008, 12:45 AM
shouldn't the Dolphins and Colts switch divisions?
Hell no. I'd hate to miss that Pats-Phins rivalry.

HJam72
11-03-2008, 09:22 AM
If we were doing it geographically, the Texans would be in a division with the Cowboys, Saints, and Falcons or Cardinals.

I always thought Houston, Dallas, and NO should be in the same division. We can easily make new rivalries like that.

YellerLotYeller
11-03-2008, 12:01 PM
The NFC East will never be broken up.

gwallaia
11-03-2008, 04:58 PM
I always thought Jax should have been in the NFC South and New Orleans in the AFC South.

Hookem Horns
11-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Hell no. I'd hate to miss that Pats-Phins rivalry.

Actually the bigger rivalry is the Jets/Phins.

mexican_texan
11-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Actually the bigger rivalry is the Jets/Phins.
Over the past few years, it's been the Pats-Phins. I still remember the 2004 game like it was last night. It was AJ Feely's only good game and it was Wes Welker's coming out party. The Jets and Dolphins haven't been playing good football the past few years, but the Pats-Phins game is always a toss up.

kastofsna
12-13-2008, 11:34 AM
yeah i don't WANT to do it, but it makes a lot more sense

Jets or Patriots, both are a toss-up right now, but over the long run, it'll always be the Jets. before the Patriots were good, it was just another game on the schedule. Jets and Bills will always be the main rivalries