PDA

View Full Version : Resentment

kiwitexansfan
10-02-2008, 10:18 PM
I've been reading some practive quotes over at HT.com.

Some of the quotes from the offensive players betray a bit of annoyance at the defence. Frustration that it was just one play away from a win etc....

E.g from AJ “Even if you look at the game Sunday, we needed one more play to be made to win that game, but we just didn’t that play"

Schaub "And it showed because we played our best football game of the season. We fell up one play short but we had a great sense of urgency about our work ethic and our approach to last week"

What do you think O vs D deathmatch?

ChampionTexan
10-02-2008, 10:52 PM

Some of the quotes from the offensive players betray a bit of annoyance at the defence. Frustration that it was just one play away from a win etc....

E.g from AJ “Even if you look at the game Sunday, we needed one more play to be made to win that game, but we just didn’t that play"

Schaub "And it showed because we played our best football game of the season. We fell up one play short but we had a great sense of urgency about our work ethic and our approach to last week"

Maybe, but if that's what they're implying, then all it means is they're even for the year, since the offense (and coaching) cost us the Titans game, and the Steelers game was bad in every possible phase of the game that you could be bad in.

Perhaps they did mean the final TD the Jags scored, but it also could have been a generic reference, it could have referred to the fake punt debacle, they could mean the 1st down they had in the first quarter on the Jags 10 yard line that ended up being a 27 yard FG by Brown. The reality is that at any point in the game anybody (Offense, Defense, ST) can make "one play" that turns the game. For all the problems they've got right now, I don't see either side of the ball being in a position to be blaming the other side.

mussop
10-02-2008, 11:26 PM

Methinks you are making something out of nothing.

hollywood_texan
10-02-2008, 11:32 PM

Actually, you need to include Kubiak. Every game, it seems he makes a critical mistake that costs points. Like that fake punk (call a time out) and not challenging that pass play against the Titans which eventually turned into a TD.

The biggest problems the Texans have right now is Kubiak and defense that can't stop anyone.

Second Honeymoon
10-02-2008, 11:49 PM
I think those type of comments and feelings should be kept in the family and out of the media when its this early in the season. It's been a horrible time for the guys so far but you can't start giving up and pointing fingers this early. It's been a bad 3 game stretch but what can you do? Between Ike and starting your season with 3 straight road games, its not like 0-3 wasn't a distinct possibility all things given.

The sad thing is that we could have had a better chance at winning some of those games if not for bad coaching, poor time management, and in general, bad coaching decisions. Time after time. How many times does your team have to come out flat before you have to start looking at the HC and his motivational process? How many times do you have to be outcoached before you start realizing that Kubiak is probably out of his league in most NFL matchups? I don't hate Gary and he is a nice guy and a good professional, but I just don't see him ever leading this team to a championship, so why not move on and find someone who can gameplan and think on his feet better than Kubiak can. The dude can't even realize when its time to get a new DC....

...and if he can't realize that, WTF!!

firekubiak.com

leebigeztx
10-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Before the o starts pointing fingers, they should look at the titans game when the d shut down the titans in he 2nd half. The offense couldnnt score to save their lives.

mussop
10-03-2008, 07:27 PM
This is being over analized. No one is pointing fingers. Do you rally think AJ would point fingers after his performance so far this year.

ATXtexanfan
10-03-2008, 07:47 PM
put me on the much to do about nothing list

b0ng
10-03-2008, 09:20 PM
I'll go ahead and say that I seriously doubt the offense of the Houston Texans thinks they have played that much better than the defense this year. Both sides of the ball have shit the bed multiple times this season and I think all of the players know that.

Lucky
10-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Each unit has played one half of decent football, this season. Nothing to crow about.

Both sides of the ball have shit the bed multiple times this season and I think all of the players know that.
Don't forget special teams, which has been well short of special. Remember when the Texans would make plays in the return game? Now, it's the opponent.

b0ng
10-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Don't forget special teams, which has been well short of special. Remember when the Texans would make plays in the return game? Now, it's the opponent.

Well to be fair, our "special" teams have really only cost us one game, while the offense and defense could easily be held accountable for all 3 losses.

Dancerdog
10-04-2008, 09:52 AM
I believe we have enough talent and firepower on offense to stay with most teams. AJ could be doing more to help out. Ever watch Andre Davis go for the ball when he's in tight coverage? He fights for the ball with everything he's got. AJ needs to show some of that fire in his game. The Colts are as vulnerable as we have seen them. They're ripe for the picking. This game rests squarely on the shoulders of our defense (for the most part). They need to start coming out with some ATTITUDE and hit like it means something. They can set the tone for this game. I believe they will. Glass half full. Let's go Texans. I know you've got it in you. We may not have the best talent on defense, but we can play better than we have. This defense needs to get a sense of identity and play some smash mouth football. We're ready for a win over the Colts and this Sunday is the time to do it!

GlassHalfFull
10-04-2008, 09:58 AM
I believe we have enough talent and firepower on offense to stay with most teams. AJ could be doing more to help out. Ever watch Andre Davis go for the ball when he's in tight coverage? He fights for the ball with everything he's got. AJ needs to show some of that fire in his game. The Colts are as vulnerable as we have seen them. They're ripe for the picking. This game rests squarely on the shoulders of our defense (for the most part). They need to start coming out with some ATTITUDE and hit like it means something. They can set the tone for this game. I believe they will. Glass half full. Let's go Texans. I know you've got it in you. We may not have the best talent on defense, but we can play better than we have. This defense needs to get a sense of identity and play some smash mouth football. We're ready for a win over the Colts and this Sunday is the time to do it!

Yes, you rang? I agree 100% with what you wrote. Plus, put me in the much ado about nothing category about the quotes. What they said was accurate, not a criticism.

RTP2110
10-04-2008, 12:57 PM
E.g from AJ “Even if you look at the game Sunday, we needed one coin toss to win that game, but we just didn’t that play"

Schaub "And it showed because we played our best football game of the season. We fell one coin toss short but we had a great sense of urgency about our work ethic and our approach to last week"

fixt.

threetoedpete
10-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Actually, you need to include Kubiak. Every game, it seems he makes a critical mistake that costs points. Like that fake punk (call a time out) and not challenging that pass play against the Titans which eventually turned into a TD.

The biggest problems the Texans have right now is Kubiak and defense that can't stop anyone.

Well, the HC just announced that double SS will see twenty touches this game.
That was the panic button being pushed. They know HT. They can't make them a team if they don't want to be a team. Right now we got sixty one guys cashing checks. Outside of the o-line coming together , I see no signs of team yet. If the offense is upset, run the GD Ball better and keep the defense off the field. Might help.