PDA

View Full Version : I want me some Molden!

WesmanTexanfan
10-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Whats the deal with Antwaun Molden? I want to see what this kid could do?

Adibi as well?

Corrosion
10-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Whats the deal with Antwaun Molden? I want to see what this kid could do?

Adibi as well?

If I remember correctly Adibi played on ST last week .... Then again I was pretty liquored up.

steelbtexan
10-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Can't be worse than Reeves.

I think if we lose this week & give up another 30 we will see Molden & Adibi get more PT.

gtexan02
10-01-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm more worried about whats wrong with Bennett. Sophomore slump much?

J-Russ
10-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Molden has been wrecking on ST the past couple of weeks... I'm ready to see him translate those talents onto defense.

Adibi been highly compared, by some, to Michael Boley. I'm also ready to see what he can do.

It's not going to kill us if we play these two talented rookie, even if they do have some early bumps in their starts. Besides it isn't like we aren't already getting killed at DB and OLB anyways. IMO, we're only going help the defense by plugging these guys in, not hurt it.

ATXtexanfan
10-01-2008, 10:15 PM
we're not at the point of giving reps to the younger players for the future, maybe next week

Corrosion
10-01-2008, 10:35 PM
we're not at the point of giving reps to the younger players for the future, maybe next week

You mean at 0-4 and go four for four in giving up 30+ ? Yep . I'd say thats the time to experiment for the future with younger players.

Bye Dick , dont let the door hit ya where the good LORD split ya :whip:

steelbtexan
10-01-2008, 10:48 PM
You mean at 0-4 and go four for four in giving up 30+ ? Yep . I'd say thats the time to experiment for the future with younger players.

Well said

You are quiet the poet.

WesmanTexanfan
10-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Im excited to see them play whenever their chance is. Our early round draft picks have really turned out from the last couple of years and I cant wait to see what they can do. Im sure D-Rob will have some words of wisdom for Antwaun, cant wait to to see my favorite player get back on the field either!

BSofA04
10-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Couldn't be much worse than Reeves. What's our opponents' completion percentage against us? I'm scared to look. If Reeves struggles, give him a chance instead of Faggins.

Texanmike02
10-01-2008, 11:03 PM
You know the scouting on Reeves was completely wrong. He is more frustrating that advertised. He gets into position. It so frustrating. How many times have you said to yourself "he's right there"... he just seems to have NO idea when the ball is thrown because he's always in position to make the play but never makes a move for the ball. Is he scared? Is the the career record holder for pass interference yards against? Why does he do that to me. Going down the field... or across the middle, I'll be like oh that's guys' covered.. then the ball is throwing to him and its as if Reeves has no idea.

sorry, had to vent.

Mike

awtysst
10-01-2008, 11:19 PM
I dont think they want to throw the kids to the wolves. THis week is Indy. Next few games are Miami, Detroit, and Cincy. I bet we will see more of them from the Miami game onwards. That would actually be a decent game to get their feet wet. Hopefully they are playing a role by the time we visit Baltimore and then face Indy for the second time.

The Pencil Neck
10-01-2008, 11:48 PM
You know the scouting on Reeves was completely wrong. He is more frustrating that advertised. He gets into position. It so frustrating. How many times have you said to yourself "he's right there"... he just seems to have NO idea when the ball is thrown because he's always in position to make the play but never makes a move for the ball. Is he scared? Is the the career record holder for pass interference yards against? Why does he do that to me. Going down the field... or across the middle, I'll be like oh that's guys' covered.. then the ball is throwing to him and its as if Reeves has no idea.

sorry, had to vent.

Mike

I agree. Everytime someone makes a catch against him, it looks like it was a perfect throw and catch because he was RIGHT THERE. But if it happens over and over again and this guy is the common denominator, then it's something he's doing.

He's just running with the receiver and he's rarely (except for that one pass against the Titans) locating the ball. If he could locate the ball, he'd be a monster.

Texanmike02
10-02-2008, 02:12 AM
I agree. Everytime someone makes a catch against him, it looks like it was a perfect throw and catch because he was RIGHT THERE. But if it happens over and over again and this guy is the common denominator, then it's something he's doing.

He's just running with the receiver and he's rarely (except for that one pass against the Titans) locating the ball. If he could locate the ball, he'd be a monster.

glad someone notices other than me.. wow pencil, we agree. the texans really might win this weekend...

Mike

rockabilly
10-02-2008, 03:06 AM
Did you guys forget that Reeves is the only one on the team with an INT?

Corrosion
10-02-2008, 03:09 AM

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while .... :ouch:

ATXtexanfan
10-02-2008, 06:06 AM

Dick, really?

RipTraxx
10-02-2008, 06:32 AM
i say throw em to the wolves. Him and Adibi. If you want rookies to get better PLAY EM!:whip:

gtexan02
10-02-2008, 09:26 AM
I think Reeves problem is coaching. He has perfect physical abilities for a good corner, and his insticts are good. He just doesn't know how to play the ball yet

HOU-TEX
10-02-2008, 10:17 AM
My question is this; Who the hell is going to cover Clark?

Considering Adibi was mentioned in the thread I figured it'd be the one to post my question.

We know our starting LB's can't cover anyone, and yes, that includes D-Ryans. Our starting Safeties are too busy running around in circles looking for the ball.

Here's my suggestion and let me know y'alls thoughts too.

IMO, we should have Eugene Wilson play the FS. He's played S and CB and I'd think he's more capable to cover Clark than probably anybody else we have.

If we can't stop Clark, we lose.

Polo
10-02-2008, 10:26 AM

His problem is tht he's soft...

Not very physical...
Afraid to tackle...

Look at his lack of physicality next week...

DBCooper
10-02-2008, 10:30 AM

Well, by analyzing our DC's scheme, it will be Weaver dropping back into coverage to watch Clark catch the ball.

HOU-TEX
10-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Well, by analyzing our DC's scheme, it will be Weaver dropping back into coverage to watch Clark catch the ball.

LMAO! Sad, but true

The Pencil Neck
10-02-2008, 11:52 AM

Uh... no. That's why I mentioned it.

BigBull17
10-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Couldn't be much worse than Reeves. What's our opponents' completion percentage against us? I'm scared to look. If Reeves struggles, give him a chance instead of Faggins.

Yeah, Im so sick of seeing 38 out there I want to throw up on myself. Dear coaching staff , he is AWFUL!!!!! He gets constantly run past. He cant cover, tackle or anything else. WHy is he STILL a Texan.

i say throw em to the wolves. Him and Adibi. If you want rookies to get better PLAY EM!:whip:

Couldnt agree more. They arent QB's, and the guys ahead of them arent playing lights out. What are they afraid of, that they may give up big plays? To late, the Vets already do.

Considering Adibi was mentioned in the thread I figured it'd be the one to post my question.

We know our starting LB's can't cover anyone, and yes, that includes D-Ryans. Our starting Safeties are too busy running around in circles looking for the ball.

Here's my suggestion and let me know y'alls thoughts too.

IMO, we should have Eugene Wilson play the FS. He's played S and CB and I'd think he's more capable to cover Clark than probably anybody else we have.

If we can't stop Clark, we lose.

The same guy that always covers him, the end zone... You are right, Wilson should start, but he wont. They will get cute and put Faggins at SS. They just love to get him on the field.

RipTraxx
10-05-2008, 02:15 AM
Im actually interested in seeing what Dominique Barber and Harrison are gonna contribute since CC and Demps are out.

Silver Oak
10-05-2008, 08:09 AM
looks like Reeves has taken over the role of the whipping boy this season from Faggins, but Bennett has been worse than Reeves IMO.

kiwitexansfan
10-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Can he play QB?

RipTraxx
10-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Has there ever been givin a reason why they havent thrown him in at LEAST on nickel packages? He'll cant be worse then petey. Let him get some quality reps.

WesmanTexanfan
10-08-2008, 01:21 AM
Has there ever been givin a reason why they havent thrown him in at LEAST on nickel packages? He'll cant be worse then petey. Let him get some quality reps.

I bet he comes in and kicks ass, fred'll get it together. I like what harrison did in his first real game, when Dunta gets back i would like it to be Molden Bennet and Robinson in the rotation but itll probably still involve reeves because they gave him the jack...

BLUE114
10-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Bennett has been the biggest disappointment this year. He hasn't been tackling or covering very well. I will never get over Faggins jogging after Lee Evan's tail twice in one game and still think he doesn't make any other team in the NFL. As bad as Reeves has been his cover skills have actually been pretty good. I guess I expected so little of him coming in that I'm not as down on him as others. We haven't been beat deep like we have been in previous years. I know my bar is pretty low but Reeves has been "in position" to make plays. He just needs to start making them.

J-Russ
10-08-2008, 11:03 AM
^^^ I guess you didn't watched any seconds of the Texans game last Sunday? Bennett done both tackle well, and cover well, the whole game and is starting to look like his old-self again. Just one game, but it was against one of the best QB and WRs in the league.

mexican_texan
10-12-2008, 11:53 PM
I think I know why he's not playing. Thanks to Dan, I was able to sit in the Bull Pen and Molden looked, for a lack of a better word, lethargic in pursuit. He had the returner cornered, but he seemed to be very sluggish in chasing him.

gtexan02
10-13-2008, 03:04 PM
I think our corners and safeties looked better against the Phins because they didn't need to give a cushion. Pennington can only throw the ball 20 yards, so it makes it much easier to press