PDA

View Full Version : Texans Tryout 8 DB's

Brando
10-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Hamza Abdullah, Tyron Brackenridge, Courtney Bryan, Therrian Fontenot, Nick Graham, Terrence Holt, Daren Stone, and Michael Waddell each got look-sees as the Texans prepare for their 2008 home opener against a Colts team that features pass-catchers like Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark, and Anthony Gonzalez. Itís a must-win game for both teams; the Texans are 0-3 and the Colts are 1-2.

The Texans presumably are looking for a potential replacement for safety C.C. Brown, who has been placed on injured reserve due to a broken arm suffered on Sunday against the Jaguars.

LINK-PFT (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/01/texans-tryout-eight-defensive-backs/)

Mr teX
10-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Hamza Abdullah, Tyron Brackenridge, Courtney Bryan, Therrian Fontenot, Nick Graham, Terrence Holt, Daren Stone, and Michael Waddell each got look-sees as the Texans prepare for their 2008 home opener against a Colts team that features pass-catchers like Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark, and Anthony Gonzalez. Itís a must-win game for both teams; the Texans are 0-3 and the Colts are 1-2.

The Texans presumably are looking for a potential replacement for safety C.C. Brown, who has been placed on injured reserve due to a broken arm suffered on Sunday against the Jaguars.

saw him on hard knocks with the chiefs.....he looked alright although i don't know what's happened to him since then.

HoustonFrog
10-01-2008, 01:01 PM

saw him on hard knocks with the chiefs.....he looked alright although i don't know what's happened to him since then.

I know Terrence Holt is Torry's younger brother and I thought he was decent when i saw him play before for Carolina I think...

HOU-TEX
10-01-2008, 01:01 PM

Abdullah was a Bronco....he's a shoe-in. :shades:

Errant Hothy
10-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Abdullah was a Bronco....he's a shoe-in. :shades:

This focusing on former Broncos by members here is getting out of hand and is starting to look silly. The four players are: Sapp, Meyers, Salaam and Ferguson.

Including the signing of Sapp there are currently 4 former Broncos on the 53 man roster. There are just as many former Packers and former Dolphins on the roster.

JWarren14
10-01-2008, 01:54 PM

Talked to a close friend who bleeds bronco orange, drove from Kerrville to Denver a few times to catch some games. He said:

"He is bad ass! Solves all ur problems at safety, fans were irrate that we (the Broncos) released him just because his groin was slow to heal. Hes like this psychotic pinball that just bounces around f!@#ing people up! Lacks a little pass d but makes up for it by killin people"

Sold, sign him....on another note I saw we signed Kevis Boley to the PS

HOU-TEX
10-01-2008, 02:14 PM
This focusing on former Broncos by members here is getting out of hand and is starting to look silly. The four players are: Sapp, Meyers, Salaam and Ferguson.

Including the signing of Sapp there are currently 4 former Broncos on the 53 man roster. There are just as many former Packers and former Dolphins on the roster.

See smiley at end of comment. I guess these would've been more obvious??

:stirpot: :stirpot: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Errant Hothy
10-01-2008, 02:23 PM
See smiley at end of comment. I guess these would've been more obvious??

:stirpot: :stirpot: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

I only quoted you because you were the last to bring it up, I did indeed see the smilie (that's why I included it n the quote); but I promise you somebody will echo your statements but actually mean/believe it. My intent was to just head it off at the pass.

Wasn't taking a shot at you personally, and I should have been more clear in my post.

drewmar74
10-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Talked to a close friend who bleeds bronco orange, drove from Kerrville to Denver a few times to catch some games. He said:

"He is bad ass! Solves all ur problems at safety, fans were irrate that we (the Broncos) released him just because his groin was slow to heal. Hes like this psychotic pinball that just bounces around f!@#ing people up! Lacks a little pass d but makes up for it by killin people"

I take it that you're talking about Abdullah?

HOU-TEX
10-01-2008, 02:31 PM
I only quoted you because you were the last to bring it up, I did indeed see the smilie (that's why I included it n the quote); but I promise you somebody will echo your statements but actually mean/believe it. My intent was to just head it off at the pass.

Wasn't taking a shot at you personally, and I should have been more clear in my post.

I know, bro. That's why I said it in a sarcastic kind of way.

Bronco jokes aside, I still think Abdullah's the better of the bunch. Sadly, probably the better of our current bunch too.

drewmar74
10-01-2008, 03:12 PM
If you bring in someone like an Abdullah - who do you let go? Put DW back on the PS? Barber? Is the PS full?

Runner
10-01-2008, 03:19 PM
If you bring in someone like an Abdullah - who do you let go? Put DW back on the PS? Barber? Is the PS full?

If there is one thing theTexans have, it is cuttable players. If they cut Ahman Green for instance, how much production have they lost for the rest of the year? They may look short on running backs on roster printouts, but they'd be no shorter on the field.

HOU-TEX
10-01-2008, 03:27 PM
If there is one thing theTexans have, it is cuttable players. If they cut Ahman Green for instance, how much production have they lost for the rest of the year? They may look short on running backs on roster printouts, but they'd be no shorter on the field.

I agree. You could throw the names of all our DB's on a dart board to determine who's cut.

I'd hope to see Eugene Wilson this week at some point. We know what all the other DB's can do already.

drewmar74
10-01-2008, 03:32 PM

Good point.

Honestly, I've almost completely forgotten about Green. I didn't even remember him as a player that could be cut.

Is he a PILC? Player I'd Like to Cut?

Maddict5
10-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Hamza Abdullah

Sold, sign him....on another note I saw we signed Kevis Boley to the PS

funny last time i saw abdullah he was whiffing on an easy tackle on OD on 3rd down last december that allowed us to keep the chains moving

Mr teX
10-01-2008, 03:37 PM

lol:

mussop
10-01-2008, 03:57 PM

Absolutely! Green adds nothing to this team. Time to cut him loose.

powerfuldragon
10-01-2008, 04:12 PM
man we got so many broncos.

Errant Hothy
10-01-2008, 04:16 PM
man we got so many broncos.

:goodpost:

CloakNNNdagger
10-01-2008, 04:29 PM
You wonder if last year's injury during this part of the season, along with conditioning concerns during this same part of the season, may have had anything to do with his release. [LINK] (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10375580)

J-Russ
10-01-2008, 05:48 PM
I know Terrence Holt is Torry's younger brother and I thought he was decent when i saw him play before for Carolina I think...

Carolina fans were upset on letting him go. They thought he did pretty well during pre-season... plus the fact that Torry said he wanted to play with his bother also made their fans want to keep him around.

Corrosion
10-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Maybe the Texans should go this route searching for a new DC ... I can see the headline now :

Texans searching for new DC

Texans in search of DC with "balls that clank"

The Houston Texans extended their search for a new defensive coordinator to include eight guy's off the street. It is assumed that all of those candidates for the position are an upgrade over Dick.

Link (ThereisnolinkImadeitup)

Texan JBZ
10-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Carolina fans were upset on letting him go. They thought he did pretty well during pre-season... plus the fact that Torry said he wanted to play with his bother also made their fans want to keep him around.

Yeah, I think Holt will be a great addition to the secondary. Godfrey took of like a rocket when he was placed in the lineup for the Panthers. He could be at least a 1-2 year answer at FS for the Texans.

JWarren14
10-01-2008, 06:54 PM
funny last time i saw abdullah he was whiffing on an easy tackle on OD on 3rd down last december that allowed us to keep the chains moving

Did he look like Diles?

jgl35
10-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Nick Graham 5-10 195 ufa in 07 from the U. of Tulsa
Nick made the Eagles in 07 as a PS player. Made roster after first game in 07 as the number 4 cb and played in 15 games. Lost roster spot when Samual was signed and could nor beat Joselio Hanson for 4th cb in camp.

Nick has some upside. Sure tackler and did see some plays at Safety. Had a lot of special team tackles. Downside is speed, which is about avrage at best. Doesn't have closing speed you would like in a cb.

Fontnot was in the Eagles camp this summer. Went to college at Fresno State. Don't think you want another one from there.

bckey
10-02-2008, 01:01 AM

This is a great post. Humorous until the truth of it sinks in.