PDA

View Full Version : Andre Davis

Ryan
09-29-2008, 08:20 PM
What on earth is the deal with him? Last year he was one of the most dangerous KR in football, and now he struggles to make it past the 15. He hasn't done too much as a receiver either.

I wonder what JJ Moses is doing right now?

bah007
09-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Could be the blocking...

ATXtexanfan
09-29-2008, 08:25 PM
more important he seemed to be a legitamate deep threat in the passing game last year

WesmanTexanfan
09-29-2008, 08:26 PM
What on earth is the deal with him? Last year he was one of the most dangerous KR in football, and now he struggles to make it past the 15. He hasn't done too much as a receiver either.

I dont remember him getting many kickoffs untill the later part of last year...

he only had 3 returns and 2 were in the last game of the season....

tex
09-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Could be he got the contract he wanted after last year.

Texecutioner
09-29-2008, 10:22 PM
I think it's more of a reason that he's just getting lost into an offense that was yet to move up and down the field until last game. Remember, he is still the 3rd WR as well. I'd like to see him a lot more involved though, because he really helped out last year when the team needed it. Hopefully the offense will keep improving like it did last week and he'll get more involved.

markn
09-29-2008, 10:44 PM
It's not just Davis. Our special teams play in general has gone from a strength last year to a weakness this.

threetoedpete
09-30-2008, 12:15 AM

I told you all you'd be missing Von Hutchins and Charlie Anderson sooner rather
than later this summer. Special teams took a hit when we let those two go.
The new guys will come around. Gotta be patient.

Vinnie
09-30-2008, 12:22 AM
Maybe teams are just more aware of him. It really doesn't matter, you can't fault him for not hitting a home run in the first three games of the season, especially considering the circumstances, like not having a freaking home game yet.

JamesC
09-30-2008, 01:36 AM
I love Andre Davis but I think those two kickoff returns last year were lightning in a bottle. I would like to see him get more time on the field though.

Malloy
09-30-2008, 06:19 AM
Hw'll hit it eventually. he's a playmaker and its only a question of time before he makes a play. My problem is not with him :)

BuffaloglennTX
09-30-2008, 07:06 AM
It's not just Davis. Our special teams play in general has gone from a strength last year to a weakness this.

Bingo - notice how we are not covering as well as last year either on kickoffs or punts. When Andre gets some blocks, he'll take it to the house. Kubiak realized that having Andre Davis on the field is important, and got him in more plays this past week. Davis stretches the field and having both Andres on the field at the same time probably allowed Kevin Walter to work one on one, along with single coverage (linebacker) on Owen Daniels too, and look at the results.

HOU-TEX
09-30-2008, 09:07 AM

Bingo - notice how we are not covering as well as last year either on kickoffs or punts. When Andre gets some blocks, he'll take it to the house. Kubiak realized that having Andre Davis on the field is important, and got him in more plays this past week. Davis stretches the field and having both Andres on the field at the same time probably allowed Kevin Walter to work one on one, along with single coverage (linebacker) on Owen Daniels too, and look at the results.

I agree with y'all. Our KO coverage has been crappy compared to years past. I don't feel like doing the research right now, but I'm pretty sure the Jags field position averaged around the 30-35. 70% of the time it's Bentley, Leach or Molden making the tackle.