PDA

View Full Version : Texans VS Colts - Plan of Attack

Ali4Real
09-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Iv'e decided to post a thread on how to beat the Colts, but more importantly what we need to do in order to get a win.

OFFENSE/DEFENSE/ST

A.) Andre Johnson MUST be able to make those tough catches that Matt Schaub throws his way. He is vital in this game.

B.) DON'T GET TRICKED BY STUPID TRICK PLAYS...stay on your guard every play.

C.) Schaub must continue to spread the ball down field by giving it to everyone and not just Walter or Daniels. I like seeing Slaton go out for a catch (I guess he's a poor man's Reggie Bush?)

D.) Keep the starting D, if they sturggle start pulling people out. Okoye and Weaver havn't done $hit and Travis Johnson sucks. I say put in Okam, Kalu, Cochran, and or Zgonina.

E.) Duane Brown/Eric Winston MUST keep Dwight Freeney (2.0 sacks, 6 tackles) away from Schaub.

F.) Pound the ball up the middle with Taylor b/c Colt's DTs are undersized (254 and 265 weight of starting Colts DTs)

I say Texans should win...also FANS MUST GET ENVOLVED AND PUMP UP OUT TEAM!!!

I say we're gonna' win 21-24 (Texas win with 24 pts)

Your thoughts.....

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080907/capt.4478b43160ef4071bae8444d07669949.texans_steel ers_football_paks109.jpg

Kubiak to Schaub, "Your killing me Matt!"

Leahmic223
09-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Yep about the Taylor. I'm worried that Slaton may not be built for the Colts since all their guys are speedy...

Yet again...Slaton has shown the past two weeks he can be a hard guy to bring down despite his size so he should get some carries.

I think it will be a shootout, like i said...if we beat the Colts when it actually means something...it would be a BIG thing for this franchise...

Norg
09-29-2008, 06:21 PM
LEts just fool them they think we are going to run on them but instead have Matt run out of the pocket everytime and gun sling it :aggressive:

and on D lets just Blitz every play and Kill manning

if all goes well we win LOL

and lets have all the fans Wear Chargers jeserys and fling around lighting bolt Props that will deff throw manning off LOL

Nawzer
09-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Just play loose and go out there and have fun. Reliant will be pumped up for the home opener. Hopefully we'll be able to pull off the upset.

SICLICK
09-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Plan of attack:

Pray for a miracle.

:texflag:

Leahmic223
09-29-2008, 06:32 PM
LEts just fool them they think we are going to run on them but instead have Matt run out of the pocket everytime and gun sling it :aggressive:

and on D lets just Blitz every play and Kill manning

if all goes well we win LOL

and lets have all the fans Wear Chargers jeserys and fling around lighting bolt Props that will deff throw manning off LOL

XD...this actually has a good chance to happen. Kubiak out thinks himself sometimes...Matt will go out there and throw 40 passes wihle Slaton avg 5.3 yds on 10 carries and we lose....then we'll say "If Slaton WOULD have got more carries..."

kiwitexansfan
09-29-2008, 06:33 PM
I'd hate to see Taylor get the bulk of the carries, because he isnt' our best back.

I think we need to find balance on offense, we passed the ball well last week, ran well the week before, we need to get both going and let them feed off each other.

Defensively, we need to tackle, the man, not the ball. If we can get some sacks and turnovers, it would help too.

GP
09-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Send the house vs. Peyton: Early and often.

Otherwise, he's going to get in a rhythm and his bad knee(s) will still beat us.

If we haven't learned this much, from the entire existence of Texans vs. Peyton Manning, then we deserve to lose. Period.

If we can't get to Peyton, with the shape that team is in this year, then this team's defensive coordinator should be fired at halftime of the game.

brakos82
09-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Offense: Run the ball early and often, mix in some PA passes just before the half, then go back to running on the off chance we're ahead in the 4th.

Defense: See half of everybodys' avatars, send at least 1 LB/Safety blitzing every play.

jdog
09-29-2008, 07:08 PM
we need to pass on every play with aj, od, kw, ad, and ss as receivers.

defense needs to play off the line. 10 man secondary with mario creating pressure by himself. this will not affect our current pressure, and will allow the defense time to get into position to tackle before they reach the endzone.

Corrosion
09-29-2008, 07:17 PM
I think their plan should be to give the ball to Slaton about 50-55 times (exageration) .... Run run run run and run some more ... keep Pey_Me_A_Ton off the field. :specnatz:

And please ... someone anyone on defense , make a play , last weeks defensive showing was down right offensive. :gun:

Norg
09-29-2008, 07:33 PM
XD...this actually has a good chance to happen. Kubiak out thinks himself sometimes...Matt will go out there and throw 40 passes wihle Slaton avg 5.3 yds on 10 carries and we lose....then we'll say "If Slaton WOULD have got more carries..."

But maybe The colts D will man up and Stop are running game have u ever thought of that

and is green playing this game ?????

but in reality lets test the COlts D we need to run it up the middle on everyplay 1 2 3 and 4th down and when they put there hole team in the box throw the long passes down the field do slant passes to the out of bounds thoes are hard to cover... iam not going to lie thoe we need someone other then Slaton to run the ball maybe green will be rdy to man UP

other then that on D iam worried we wont be able to get to the QB if not then we need the D line to help out the secondary has much has possible becasue Peyton will be throwing it all day

and we will just have to hope we can stop there run with 4 men in the box

TexansLucky13
09-29-2008, 07:37 PM
The Colts have looked pretty beatable. I pick us to win, as usual.

False Start
09-29-2008, 07:37 PM
and is green playing this game ?????

:spit:

Good one. :cool:

Thorn
09-29-2008, 07:57 PM

defense needs to play off the line. 10 man secondary with mario creating pressure by himself. this will not affect our current pressure, and will allow the defense time to get into position to tackle before they reach the endzone.

Don't be giving Richard Smith any ideas! LOL

drewmar74
09-29-2008, 08:35 PM
At least twice per Colts posession crowd the LOS and send all 11.

No, wait - that will leave us exposed. Rush all 11 except for Mario.... drop him into coverage.

Yup, send 10 and drop Mario.

ATXtexanfan
09-29-2008, 08:54 PM
our plan of attack is to score more points than them

Thorn
09-29-2008, 08:56 PM
our plan of attack is to score more points than them

But if we did that, wouldn't we, like, win or something?

kiwitexansfan
09-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Defense: See half of everybodys' avatars, send at least 1 LB/Safety blitzing every play.

We suck at blitzing, the more we send (and eventually don't get to Peyton, because they won't) the more exposed our terrible coverage is going to be and the easier life will be for Peyton.

Better to send no one extra get no pressure and have 7 in coverage than send extra people, still get no pressure and have less coverage back there.

jdog
09-29-2008, 11:27 PM
At least twice per Colts posession crowd the LOS and send all 11.

No, wait - that will leave us exposed. Rush all 11 except for Mario.... drop him into coverage.

Yup, send 10 and drop Mario.

Brilliant! You are the prime candidate to replace Smith. :d:

OilerTexan4Life
09-30-2008, 10:25 AM
I don't know what it is about Colts Fans, but they really piss me off. I'm not a big fan of Tennessee, but I can live with their fans, but Colts fans are the ones that I take major exception to... I mean seriously? Who says ******* like this?

If it were not for the schedule change they would be 0-4

Against the Jags their defense looked like the seawall at Galveston.....you could kind of tell it was there but it didn't do much.

I found that quote on this message board: http://mywnde.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6451

Have they no respect for what Galveston has gone through over the course of the last couple of years?

I know the defense hasn't performed well... and I too am jumping on the Fire Smith bandwagon, but I hope they can put something together for this game and just disrupt the hell out of Peyton Manning. He, like Brady and everybody else, have a hard time actually completing passes when under extreme pressure. I think with their 0-line obliterated the Texans D SHOULD be able to get the pressure going. If they can't do it this weekend, then what chance do we have for teams with an un-injured O-Line?

mexican_texan
09-30-2008, 10:31 AM
1st down- run the ball
2nd- run the ball
3rd- run the ball

Rinse and repeat.

I expect us to lose.

BigBull17
09-30-2008, 12:21 PM

So, whats the change...?

False Start
09-30-2008, 12:42 PM
up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,B,A,start.