PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Texans Geek

FirstTexansFan
09-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Ok, I've reached the ultimate level of geekdom! Due to circumstances beyond my control, my wife and I had to drive from our home in New Braunfels, Texas, to East Liverpool, Ohio (where I'm now making this posting from a hotel room). Recently, I built a multimedia PC for my entertainment system, and have tinkered around with several pieces of software. One that I found, and have mentioned in other postings, is ORB (http://www.orb.com). What it allows you to do, is stream any multimedia (pics, video, music, even data) through their website. So today, as we're driving up I75 just north of Louisville, Kentucky, I have my wife take her Blackberry, and hook it up to the laptop as a modem. Then we pull up the orb website, login, and watch on Channel 5 out of San Antonio, the Texans vs. Jaguars game. Now I wasn't happy with what I saw, but still, the ability to watch the game while in Cruise Control brings a whole new meaning to FANatic :) I'd be glad to share what I've learned with anyone interested in becoming a full fledge Texans Fan Geek.

Vinnie
09-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Ok, I've reached the ultimate level of geekdom! Due to circumstances beyond my control, my wife and I had to drive from our home in New Braunfels, Texas, to East Liverpool, Ohio (where I'm now making this posting from a hotel room). Recently, I built a multimedia PC for my entertainment system, and have tinkered around with several pieces of software. One that I found, and have mentioned in other postings, is ORB (http://www.orb.com). What it allows you to do, is stream any multimedia (pics, video, music, even data) through their website. So today, as we're driving up I75 just north of Louisville, Kentucky, I have my wife take her Blackberry, and hook it up to the laptop as a modem. Then we pull up the orb website, login, and watch on Channel 5 out of San Antonio, the Texans vs. Jaguars game. Now I wasn't happy with what I saw, but still, the ability to watch the game while in Cruise Control brings a whole new meaning to FANatic :) I'd be glad to share what I've learned with anyone interested in becoming a full fledge Texans Fan Geek.

Dude, that is freaking awesome. Technology rocks! Sorry you had to travel to the armpit of America by the way.