PDA

View Full Version : Pink Soap...Get Your Pink Soap Here....

swtbound07
09-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Richard Smith Edition. Be the first to hop on the fire richard smith bandwagon...avatars to be provided at a later date...getém while you can....RS will not last much longer!

J-Russ
09-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Ahh the legendary pink soap... the coaches natural fear.

Thank you for stepping up and bringing back the almighty pink soap. Can't wait to see it.

for the record: Pink Soap - 1 Coaches featured on soap - 0.

I don't see the next coach breaking that record either.

BSofA04
09-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Richard Smith Edition. Be the first to hop on the fire richard smith bandwagon...avatars to be provided at a later date...getém while you can....RS will not last much longer!

Yep, defense didn't give the offense much help today. I've had enough....fire Richard Smith!

TheIronDuke
09-28-2008, 05:30 PM
I've been waiting for this.

Thorn
09-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I'm climbling on the fire Richard Smith bandwagon now. :wild:

spurstexanstros
09-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Me tooI am on this wagon.... I am so tired of freaking not even having the hope of winning if it depends on our D. we have got to have at least 10 on a team and then thats a maybe.

mattieuk
09-28-2008, 05:33 PM

Haha...thats been running for weeks!

:winky:

PapaL
09-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Me +1

brakos82
09-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Kinda looks like Rick Smith, doesn't it? Right PD?

http://www.its.caltech.edu/~smaranda/Funny%20pictures/Cats/frog%20cat.jpg

Corrosion
09-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I'll take a Richard Smith version of pink soap on a rope ..... and organize a blanket party for his .... benifit.

DerekLee1
09-28-2008, 06:03 PM

I think I started that bandwagon the day he was hired. I have never EVER seen such a plain vanilla defense on an NFL team. They couldn't stop a high school team. You're getting no pressure on a QB behind an offensive line that is missing 3 of its 5 starters and has guys that were on the street two weeks ago. It's pathetic. On certain passing downs you're using your front 4 as your ONLY pressure on the QB? No disguises, no blitzes. Nothing. It's ugly, just plain ugly. There's WAY too much talent (and potential talent) on that defense to be this bad. It's all on the defensive coaching.

http://www.maddysavenue.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/pink%20soap.jpg
(those cherries represent Smith's BALLS)

NBT
09-28-2008, 06:09 PM
I have been saying tie a can to Richard Smith's ass for over a year.

Texans_Chick
09-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Member since September 25, 2006. Texans v. Redskins (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2006/09/25/do-the-texans-have-the-worst-defense-in-the-history-of-the-nfl/).

TexansLucky13
09-28-2008, 06:14 PM
I'll sport the avatar if someone wants to make it.

kiwitexansfan
09-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Can someone explain to me the significance of the Pink soap.

I got 'involved' with the board with the previous pink soap campaign well underway and never understood, why it was pink soap.

Can someone educate me......

I can't be bothered searching the archives for the original, original thread.

TexansLucky13
09-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Can someone explain to me the significance of the Pink soap.

I got 'involved' with the board with the previous pink soap campaign well underway and never understood, why it was pink soap.

Can someone educate me......

I can't be bothered searching the archives for the original, original thread.

It's the soap from the cover of the movie Fight Club. Someone changed it to be "Fire Capers", and since then it has come to signify someone getting the axe.

There's a little history for ya.

The Pencil Neck
09-28-2008, 06:31 PM
I've been on the Fire Richard Smith bandwagon since preseason.

Corrosion
09-28-2008, 06:32 PM
It's the soap from the cover of the movie Fight Club. Someone changed it to be "Fire Capers", and since then it has come to signify someone getting the axe.

At this point .... I'd welcome Dom back as with open arms ..... As DC .... :spit:

Brando
09-28-2008, 06:42 PM

I think Hervoyel made that, I'm not sure. I tried to make one for anyone to use. I am now on the bandwagon, let Frank Bush see what he can do! I was yelling at the tv for Smith to have a spy on Garrard because I even knew that he was going to run with the ball.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/Amberlybutterfly/Texans%20Signatures%20and%20pics/firesmith-1-1-1.jpg

Not as good as the original but it might do for now.

fikster
09-28-2008, 06:47 PM
been on board for a while with this one. we stil have room on the wagon, the more the merrier, hopefully kubes will act, the lack of the original bye week hurts this though,because kubes will be scared to pull the trigger without time for the team to adjust.

kiwitexansfan
09-28-2008, 06:49 PM

Thanks Lucky, I'd rep you but my work won't let me.

I might catch you from home though.

Corrosion
09-28-2008, 06:50 PM
been on board for a while with this one. we stil have room on the wagon, the more the merrier, hopefully kubes will act, the lack of the original bye week hurts this though,because kubes will be scared to pull the trigger without time for the team to adjust.

The change in the bye week isnt that big of a deal , they dont have to change the entire defense , what they have to do is be more creative in thier use of angles to create pressure .... Not all that difficult , adjustments like that are made during HALFTIME every week ....

awtysst
09-28-2008, 06:54 PM

Helped you out.

Second Honeymoon
09-28-2008, 06:54 PM
I'll take some Pink Soap, please.

Honoring Earl 34
09-28-2008, 06:57 PM
We do some bizzare things on defense .

The play where it was 3rd and 8 , Garrard scrambled for a 1st down . We had Mario playing as a standup LB on the left . I think Cochran did a stunt inside as the right end and the whole right side of the defense was gone . We call it the Moses defense cause it parted like the Red Sea .

I think Ryans gaining 10 lbs has really hurt him ... just my thought .

I think if we had a 5x 50 with our lbs and safety's with the rest of the league ... we'd finish low .

I only got to watch about a quarter and a half so how did Okam , TJ , and Okoye do ?

bckey
09-28-2008, 06:59 PM
It was Hervoyel that made the last one for the fire capers club. I'll take my Richard Smith pink soap please.

TexansLucky13
09-28-2008, 07:04 PM

Helped you out.

Thanks!

I'll be putting my soap on shortly.

hradhak
09-28-2008, 07:39 PM
In Smith's defense, we did shutdown 2 very good RBs and held them both to a total 55 yards on 17 attempts. That's really good, especially since they got 200+ together last week.

With that said, we got burned by David Garrard on the pass. i didn't see a single blitz. I never saw a corner play the inside lane on those slants. We never really adjusted to any of the changes that the Jags made. He just seems to come in with a game plan and never really changes it during the game based on what the opponent throws out. that's just not going to work in the NFL

Rex King
09-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Count me in.

The first rule of Fire Richard Smith Club is - Fire Richard Smith. The second rule is, FIRE Richard Smith.

TEXANRED
09-28-2008, 07:57 PM

Vinnie
09-28-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm onboard, enough already.

stingray
09-28-2008, 08:09 PM
How do you change the avatar? I tried but no luck...

TheIronDuke
09-28-2008, 08:11 PM
We do some bizzare things on defense .

The play where it was 3rd and 8 , Garrard scrambled for a 1st down . We had Mario playing as a standup LB on the left . I think Cochran did a stunt inside as the right end and the whole right side of the defense was gone . We call it the Moses defense cause it parted like the Red Sea .

I remember that play and the announcers clowning on it and calling it too cute. Dickie just doesn't know what to do with a defense and he's getting out-coached way too often. I wonder how bad he's skewing the development of our young defensive players as well. It's like they get awarded for who makes the most arm tackles in a game or something.

Texans Pride
09-28-2008, 09:42 PM
I've been in....Glad the soap made it's way out again.

Kubes better get ready, There's plenty of soap to go around with his play calling.

b0ng
09-28-2008, 09:52 PM
In on dis. I've seen enough 10 yard cushions with no pressure.

Corrosion
09-28-2008, 10:27 PM
I've been on the boards here for three forum changes .... and this is the first time I've ever changed my avatar .... always had Billy Miller scoring the Texans first TD until now. Its the begining of a new era for me. Before that I didnt even have one ....

bigfan77801
09-28-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm in, how do I change my avatar?

b0ng
09-28-2008, 10:31 PM
I feel as though that this would have to be the right move (firing Smith) here's my reasoning.

If I'm sporting the same avatar as Second Honeymoon, then something is very wrong with the Texans organization. All we need now is GP to change his avatar along with Specnatz and it would some of the most disagreeable people on the board all in on the same subject with the same thoughts.

That just has to mean something.

BTW love all the pink soap in the thread.

b0ng
09-28-2008, 10:32 PM

Click on "User CP" then "Edit Avatar". If you can copy the image location directly you can paste it in the URL section in the "Edit Avatar" section. If not, then save the image to your desktop then upload it in the Edit Avatar section.

bigfan77801
09-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Click on "User CP" then "Edit Avatar". If you can copy the image location directly you can paste it in the URL section in the "Edit Avatar" section. If not, then save the image to your desktop then upload it in the Edit Avatar section.

thank you.:tiphat:

Ryan
09-28-2008, 10:38 PM
It's not giving me an option to upload anything. It just says to pick one of the premade ones, or not to have one at all.

Corrosion
09-28-2008, 10:39 PM
It's not giving me an option to upload anything. It just says to pick one of the premade ones, or not to have one at all.

Ill PM ya the link and you just copy and paste it in.

TEXANRED
09-28-2008, 10:42 PM

Left click your mouse, save pic in your pic file on your desktop. Go to your User CP in the red bar at the top of this web site. On the left side you will see edit avatar, click, go down to the bottom and select browse, go to your pictures saved on your desk top, open the pic that you saved and bam. Pink Soap.

bigfan77801
09-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Left click your mouse, save pic in your pic file on your desktop. Go to your User CP in the red bar at the top of this web site. On the left side you will see edit avatar, click, go down to the bottom and select browse, go to your pictures saved on your desk top, open the pic that you saved and bam. Pink Soap.

TEXANRED
09-28-2008, 10:47 PM

No prob, glad I could help.

Revolution
09-29-2008, 12:40 AM
I'm in...

endzone815
09-29-2008, 12:51 AM
In...

Chance_C
09-29-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm in...first time member, but well worth the wait

Porky
09-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Can I be an honorary pink soap club member? I don't want to change my flying pig, but I am with ya in spirit. :pirate:

Second Honeymoon
09-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Can I be an honorary pink soap club member? I don't want to change my flying pig, but I am with ya in spirit. :pirate:

i would think you need to change the avatar....hopefully only temporarily

Vinny
09-29-2008, 11:35 AM
I just added the pink soap to our default avatar bin. It is located in the "other" grouping.

Second Honeymoon
09-29-2008, 11:37 AM
I just added the pink soap to our default avatar bin. It is located in the "other" grouping.

Is that an official endorsement?

:d:

Vinny
09-29-2008, 11:40 AM
I just added the pink soap to our default avatar bin. It is located in the "other" grouping.Is that an official endorsement?

:d:
we are now at category 2, building to a cat 3 for the Colts game. I've declared this defense a disaster zone.

Vinny
09-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Now someone needs to make the official pink soap siggy. :d:

Thorn
09-29-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm also here in spirit, but not changing my avatar. Sorry. But on the bright side, the Sarge told me he'll toss a grenade into the next coachs meeting if it would help.

TheRealJoker
09-29-2008, 11:45 AM
I have put away the Michael Smith hulked up avatar because the Texans fans need to unite against terrible defense!!!

Here's to a day where we no longer have to watch our corners give a 10 yard cushion on 3rd and 5...or Weaver dropping back into coverage...or Faggins manned up on their # 1 WR...or anything resembling a Richard Smith "aggressive 4-3" defense!!!

Second Honeymoon
09-29-2008, 11:59 AM
we are now at category 2, building to a cat 3 for the Colts game. I've declared this defense a disaster zone.

yup and Tropical Storm Peyton will have had over 13 days to strengthen. I am thinking its gonna be a devastating force before it makes landfall in Houston.

Porky
09-29-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm looking for a cat 4 surge by their olineman, and it appears that Richard Smith is in the "cone of uncertainty". I expect a lot of flying projectiles as well.

hot pickle
09-29-2008, 12:44 PM
i wonder if players come on this site to see what we are saying??? lol

Hagar
09-29-2008, 02:32 PM
I've heard Frank Bush's name thrown around as a possible replacement for Smith. I'm personally not in favor of hiring someone from the current staff; however, if there is a possibility, the change should be made now on an interum basis. Give him a chance to make some strides now and evaluate the current talent.

My current pick for the new DC is Charger's linebacker's coach, Ron Rivera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Rivera). Yeah, from what I understand, he's an egomaniac, but he's also one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL.

TEXANRED
09-29-2008, 02:37 PM
I've heard Frank Bush's name thrown around as a possible replacement for Smith. I'm personally not in favor of hiring someone from the current staff; however, if there is a possibility, the change should be made now on an interum basis. Give him a chance to make some strides now and evaluate the current talent.

My current pick for the new DC is Charger's linebacker's coach, Ron Rivera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Rivera). Yeah, from what I understand, he's an egomaniac, but he's also one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL.

You mean the guy that helped turn the 3-13 Bears into the 13-3 Bears and a Superbowl appearance?

It will never happen.

AustinJB
09-29-2008, 02:48 PM
At this point, how could anyone NOT want to FIRE Smith? His idea of defensive scheme is just pathetic...terrible.

I don't know how much more of his defense I can stand. How can we continuously give up yard after yard to the most basic plays in football....quick slant, QB draw, quick slant, QB draw, HB screen, quick slant...? Give me a break!! I wanted a DB to step in front of that damn quick slant and take it the other way...just once...is that too much to ask? Or please have someone spy the QB! Arrghh!!!

Texans_Chick
09-29-2008, 03:55 PM

Where did you hear that Ron Rivera was an egomaniac? I hadn't seen that, but that doesn't mean anything.

ObsiWan
09-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Where were you pink soap guys when T.C. and I were arguing this (Richard Smith sucks) during training camp and pre-season?

And were are all the guys that told us we needed better personnel (and I ain't saying that wouldn't help), not a coaching change?

Vinny
09-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Where were you pink soap guys when T.C. and I were arguing this (Richard Smith sucks) during training camp and pre-season?

And were are all the guys that told us we needed better personnel (and I ain't saying that wouldn't help), not a coaching change?
some people want to see the results on the field before first, I know that is weird and all but you are eligible for an internet award. I'll nominate you for a Slappy.

HOU-TEX
09-29-2008, 04:06 PM

Actually, there was a heaping handfull of us calling for his head early last season. :tiphat:

Thorn
09-29-2008, 04:10 PM

We are football fans. That means we are fickle, change emotions at the drop of a hat, say one thing one week and something else the next week, and get pissed at those who accuse us of doing those things. :whip:

ObsiWan
09-29-2008, 04:51 PM
some people want to see the results on the field before first, I know that is weird and all but you are eligible for an internet award. I'll nominate you for a Slappy.

a "Slappy"?? Should I be honored, insulted, or afraid?
:specnatz:

ObsiWan
09-29-2008, 04:54 PM
We are football fans. That means we are fickle, change emotions at the drop of a hat, say one thing one week and something else the next week, and get pissed at those who accuse us of doing those things. :whip:

aaah....
its all very clear to me now.
:lightbulb:

I withdraw the question.

time to make this
http://www.byron-harvey.com/wp-images/NoKoolAid45.jpg
my new avatar

Texans_Chick
09-29-2008, 04:59 PM

I hereby repudiate my award. I am merely writing about the DC on the blog stuff because it kills me to read the Chronicle reporters describe the defense as mediocre when it is truly truly awful.

I have to say that I wasn't terribly thrilled about the hire from the beginning, not just the beginning of this season.

No experience as a solo DC. And his position at Miami was a co-DC position for Saban's primary 3-4 defense, where Saban ran most of the meetings.

But that being said, it wasn't exactly the best time to be hiring a DC--lots of teams switched coaches around in 2006.

And then I wanted to hear what his defensive philosophy was because he had no track record running a D. And all we got from the media that Smith was a believer in an aggressive 4-3. They blitzed a ton in 2006, and then hardly at all in 2007, and I guess this year they are trying all sorts of experimentation to get stuff to work.

The defense is going to muddle through this season. I will be shocked if Smith gets the ax mid season. I just don't want the guy having any input at all into next year's defense. I want a great DC with a proven track record that Kubiak can trust giving the keys to the defense to and having input into the sorts of players he needs to get that defense to go.

Usually, when the Texans make decisions, I can find something defensible or logical in doing it that way even if I disagree with it. I don't get keeping Richard Smith after seeing what has been on the field for the last two seasons. Other than Andre Johnson, it isn't like the offense is a bunch of studs--Kubiak has a scheme that makes those players look better than their draft location or pedigree. The defense is just a bunch of dudes trying hard at what their coach tells them to do, but it doesn't amount to much collectively.

TexansLucky13
09-29-2008, 05:03 PM
I would wet myself if we got Ron Rivera. Twice.

The guy is good. Very good.

HOU-TEX
09-29-2008, 05:07 PM
I would wet myself if we got Ron Rivera. Twice.

The guy is good. Very good.

Heck, at this point I'd wet myself if we got anybody. :aggressive:

badboy
09-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Listen, anyone of you guys could have a bad day at the office. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Richard is a good boy and besides you should see the way he checks on the direct deposit, faster than Slaton! sign Momma Smith

Texans_Chick
09-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Heck, at this point I'd wet myself if we got anybody. :aggressive:

Reminds me of the internet sensation, Pee in Your Pants for the Brewers (http://www.peeyourpantsforthebrewers.com/).

Basically, it was a fan who never saw a Brewer playoff game and pledged to pee in his pants if the Brewers got in the playoffs. And he got others to do the same thing.

Are you suggesting that people pee in their pants if Richard Smith gets fired?

ObsiWan
09-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Actually, there was a heaping handfull of us calling for his head early last season. :tiphat:

That's very true.:tiphat:
I just couldn't think of everyone's name.

TEXANRED
09-29-2008, 05:16 PM
I hereby repudiate my award. I am merely writing about the DC on the blog stuff because it kills me to read the Chronicle reporters describe the defense as mediocre when it is truly truly awful.

I have to say that I wasn't terribly thrilled about the hire from the beginning, not just the beginning of this season.

No experience as a solo DC. And his position at Miami was a co-DC position for Saban's primary 3-4 defense, where Saban ran most of the meetings.

But that being said, it wasn't exactly the best time to be hiring a DC--lots of teams switched coaches around in 2006.

And then I wanted to hear what his defensive philosophy was because he had no track record running a D. And all we got from the media that Smith was a believer in an aggressive 4-3. They blitzed a ton in 2006, and then hardly at all in 2007, and I guess this year they are trying all sorts of experimentation to get stuff to work.

The defense is going to muddle through this season. I will be shocked if Smith gets the ax mid season. I just don't want the guy having any input at all into next year's defense. I want a great DC with a proven track record that Kubiak can trust giving the keys to the defense to and having input into the sorts of players he needs to get that defense to go.

Usually, when the Texans make decisions, I can find something defensible or logical in doing it that way even if I disagree with it. I don't get keeping Richard Smith after seeing what has been on the field for the last two seasons. Other than Andre Johnson, it isn't like the offense is a bunch of studs--Kubiak has a scheme that makes those players look better than their draft location or pedigree. The defense is just a bunch of dudes trying hard at what their coach tells them to do, but it doesn't amount to much collectively.

I agree with this entire post. If they consider this defense as mediocre whats horrible?

A bit off topic but did you know that McClain gave you and a.j. radio cred on his 610 show last week? Your becoming a local celeb. Between your kick ass seats that lands you on TV every home game, your chron blog, and your other blog, your going to mess around and get famous. Maybe you should apply for the FOX Texans pre game show. I haven't watched it this year but you have got to be better than Young last year. It was painful to watch him stumble through his sentences and sweat all over everything.

Just don't forget us little people.

Texan_Bill
09-29-2008, 05:28 PM
I agree with this entire post. If they consider this defense as mediocre whats horrible?

A bit off topic but did you know that McClain gave you and a.j. radio cred on his 610 show last week? Your becoming a local celeb. Between your kick ass seats that lands you on TV every home game, your chron blog, and your other blog, your going to mess around and get famous. Maybe you should apply for the FOX Texans pre game show. I haven't watched it this year but you have got to be better than Young last year. It was painful to watch him stumble through his sentences and sweat all over everything.

:secret: She's already famous...... google her name and "millionaire ladies night"....... shhhh!

HOU-TEX
09-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Reminds me of the internet sensation, Pee in Your Pants for the Brewers (http://www.peeyourpantsforthebrewers.com/).

Basically, it was a fan who never saw a Brewer playoff game and pledged to pee in his pants if the Brewers got in the playoffs. And he got others to do the same thing.

Are you suggesting that people pee in their pants if Richard Smith gets fired?

If it'll help speed up the process I'm all for peeing in my pants.

We've seen the exact same product for the past 3 years. Every pre-season people talk about how we're just being "vanilla" because it's the pre-season. Bull butter!

It sucks, it truly sucks and I'm beyond tired of it. I just wish there's something fans can do to convey their legitimate concerns to the team.

Texans_Chick
09-29-2008, 05:32 PM

Nah, I missed that. Hey that's cool. Usually I find out about this sort of thing because my husband's friends come up to us at parties and say they saw or heard whatever.

As for being on TV at the games, I worry about that some because you never want to get caught in mid-profanity. There's no kids around us, and usually I don't like the way that cussing sounds, but it's hard to stow it some times at the games.

Texans_Chick
09-29-2008, 05:35 PM
If it'll help speed up the process I'm all for peeing in my pants.

We've seen the exact same product for the past 3 years. Every pre-season people talk about how we're just being "vanilla" because it's the pre-season. Bull butter!

It sucks, it truly sucks and I'm beyond tired of it. I just wish there's something fans can do to convey their legitimate concerns to the team.

Okay. If someone puts together a good PeeInYourPantsForFiringRichardSmith website or some similar pants peeing website, a rational one with facts about his defense and reasons to fire him, I will link to it on various blogs.

TEXANRED
09-29-2008, 05:41 PM
:secret: She's already famous...... google her name and "millionaire ladies night"....... shhhh!

Oh look at that. Add that to the list.

Second Honeymoon
09-29-2008, 05:43 PM

I was with ya. anyone who wanted to see results only had to look at the last two years of failure defense.

Second Honeymoon
09-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Okay. If someone puts together a good PeeInYourPantsForFiringRichardSmith website or some similar pants peeing website, a rational one with facts about his defense and reasons to fire him, I will link to it on various blogs.

i would be willing to join a PoopInYourPantsForFiringRichardSmith.com if it meant getting that loser out of town

swtbound07
09-29-2008, 05:50 PM
in on the soap

Double Barrel
09-29-2008, 05:57 PM

That's awesome. :thumbup

Ryan
09-29-2008, 06:02 PM
I can make this team look amazing defensively on Madden, so I think they should give me a try.:cool:

DerekLee1
09-29-2008, 06:03 PM
My Photochop skills ain't the greatest, but here's my first attempt. I'll fix it up tomorrow and make it easier to read for an avatar.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/DerekLee1/firedicksmith.jpg

GP
09-29-2008, 06:04 PM

I think I was in the group when we HIRED the man.

I watch enough football to know that Richard Smith was a no-name rah-rah guy who was writing checks his arse couldn't cash.

I've never once backed down on this board and said "Well, you know what? He's doing pretty good! Ought to keep him around..."

This has been the easiest "call" to make on this whole team. The next easiest call was the one that said Ahman Green free agent signing was a mistake from the get-go. I was all over that one, too.

Now...I did stick with David Carr until his last season with us. So, I get a FAIL for that one. I felt like taking one of those showers that Cher took in Silkworm, where you are scrubbed with a wire-brush because you were exposed to radiation.

brakos82
09-29-2008, 06:22 PM
:user:

Corrosion
09-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Can someone make that avatar soap on a rope instead of in a dish ... It would be easier to beat the blanket with.

TD
09-29-2008, 06:50 PM
My server is down and I have a few minutes to kill.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/RiversCPA/FireSmithClub.jpg

Corrosion
09-29-2008, 06:52 PM
My server is down and I have a few minutes to kill.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/RiversCPA/FireSmithClub.jpg

It needs a rope TD ! Soap on a Rope !

HJam72
09-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Texans_Chick got a hold of mine. :foottap:

TD
09-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Soap on a Rope

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/RiversCPA/FireSmithonaRope.gif

TEXANRED
09-29-2008, 07:43 PM

If I could rep her again I would. That is the first time I have laughed out loud today.

That is friggin awsome.

TEXANRED
09-29-2008, 07:48 PM

Hey wait, are you the bill from the video?

I just snapped to that. Ha.

TEXANRED
09-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Alright. So now everyone needs to change theres so we look unified.

Corrosion
09-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Soap on a Rope

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/RiversCPA/FireSmithonaRope.gif

Thanks TD !

TexansLucky13
09-29-2008, 07:53 PM
I really like this one.

I nominate TD for Secretary of the Soap

Texans_Chick
09-29-2008, 07:58 PM

Actually, the smiley face pink soap has many benefits:

1. It is positive, so it helps us with our Up With People positive vibeage.

2. Firing Richard Smith makes me smile.

3. Plain old pink soap results in 2-14 seasons. Eek.

Hagar
09-29-2008, 08:18 PM
You mean the guy that helped turn the 3-13 Bears into the 13-3 Bears and a Superbowl appearance?

It will never happen.Yes, that Ron Rivera. I don't see why it couldn't happen; he's a linebacker's coach for the Chargers. A DC position would be a promotion and possibly lead to more opportunities as a head coach if everything goes well.

Where did you hear that Ron Rivera was an egomaniac? I hadn't seen that, but that doesn't mean anything.Honestly, I can't remember. The article came out back when Rivera was with the Bears and considered to be prime head coach material. Rivera had interview after interview but never got a head coaching job. The article basically said Rivera lost out to other coaches because; while he was a great defensive coach, he made sure everyone around him know it too. I went looking for the article but couldn’t find it. I do remember that the article had nothing to do with Rivera's release from the Bears.

Pantherstang84
09-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Me too. I want my Richard Smith edition pink soap.

WesmanTexanfan
09-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Im in...

TexansLucky13
09-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Me too. I want my Richard Smith edition pink soap.

Im in...

Come on, upgrade to the soap on a noose, free of charge!

markn
09-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Fire Smith Club?

I'm in.

TEXANRED
09-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Yes, that Ron Rivera. I don't see why it couldn't happen; he's a linebacker's coach for the Chargers. A DC position would be a promotion and possibly lead to more opportunities as a head coach if everything goes well.

Honestly, I can't remember. The article came out back when Rivera was with the Bears and considered to be prime head coach material. Rivera had interview after interview but never got a head coaching job. The article basically said Rivera lost out to other coaches because; while he was a great defensive coach, he made sure everyone around him know it too. I went looking for the article but couldn’t find it. I do remember that the article had nothing to do with Rivera's release from the Bears.

I was just being sarcastic. The Texans have yet to hire a DC that knows what they are doing or go after a guy who does. Williams, Grey, Rivera. But we have had such stellar guys like Fangio and Smith.

will742
09-30-2008, 01:33 AM
I'll give it one more game. Call me optimistic.

Corrosion
10-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Sorry guy's , I had to bail from the pink soap and get screwed.

barrett
10-11-2008, 01:35 AM
i don't know,.... the defense has shown marked improvement over the last three weeks. if the improvement continues you may find a decent defense on your pink soapy hands.

TEXANRED
10-11-2008, 05:01 PM
i don't know,.... the defense has shown marked improvement over the last three weeks. if the improvement continues you may find a decent defense on your pink soapy hands.

Improvement? The Texans are ranked 30th in points with 32.5 ppg, 30th in TD's given up with 30, 26th in rush defense, 12th (surprising) in pass defense, and 18th in total yards per game.

32.5 ppg? 16 TD's? That 4 TD's a game!

TexansLucky13
10-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Improvement? The Texans are ranked 30th in points with 32.5 ppg, 30th in TD's given up with 30, 26th in rush defense, 12th (surprising) in pass defense, and 18th in total yards per game.

32.5 ppg? 16 TD's? That 4 TD's a game!

He is talking about before the Sage-o-rama at the end of the Colts game. The defense DID play spectacular for the majority of that game.

Let's see how Smith adjusts to the Wildcat offense before we consider dropping the soap.... or, on second thought, tossing the soap.

HJam72
10-11-2008, 06:44 PM
I put my soap away, but I expect it will come back out soon enough.

Ryan
10-11-2008, 08:50 PM
I brought the soap...I could use a bath before tomorrows game anyway:fans:

Corrosion
10-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Well . they finally held a team under 30 ..... even if it was the Fish.:headhurts:

TexansLucky13
10-12-2008, 06:01 PM
The defense played well enough to give our offense a chance to stay in the game, but that's all I can really say. Those two big plays at the beginning were just atrocious.

If the defense can play a full game of above average football, I will toss the soap. Smith will have a good chance at this given we are slated to play two unwinning teams at home in a row. We'll see.

TEXANRED
10-12-2008, 09:47 PM
The defense played well enough to give our offense a chance to stay in the game, but that's all I can really say. Those two big plays at the beginning were just atrocious.

If the defense can play a full game of above average football, I will toss the soap. Smith will have a good chance at this given we are slated to play two unwinning teams at home in a row. We'll see.

I'm sorry, the defense did huh?:mcnugget:

The defense was horrible. Again. 4 TD's given up. Still can't prevent our opponents from scoring TD's in the Red Zone, 1 sack, and the only TO we got we gave right back to the other team.

Worst.......... defense.......... ever.

TexansLucky13
10-12-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm sorry, the defense did huh?:mcnugget:

The defense was horrible. Again. 4 TD's given up. Still can't prevent our opponents from scoring TD's in the Red Zone, 1 sack, and the only TO we got we gave right back to the other team.

Worst.......... defense.......... ever.

Notice that they did not give up more than 30 points in this game. That is an improvement.

This defense could be much, much worse. I am not singing Smith's praises by any means, I am simply pointing that out.

P.S. - We actually got 2 sacks, remember? Mario's forced fumble counts.

TEXANRED
10-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Notice that they did not give up more than 30 points in this game. That is an improvement.

This defense could be much, much worse. I am not singing Smith's praises by any means, I am simply pointing that out.

P.S. - We actually got 2 sacks, remember? Mario's forced fumble counts.

I don't remember that. I may have been at the concession stand. My wife needed something to drink.

Stupid wives.....and no, she is not a member of TT. :pirate:

Texans Pride
11-02-2008, 05:24 PM
I would love to see Smith fired NOW!

Let Bush take over, since we know that's where Kubiak is going to go anyway, and let him audition for the job.

I don't want to wait till the offseason, only to give the job to Bush to see if he can do something with it. We are waisting time that could be spent winning games!

If Bush can do something with this defense, then great. If not, we can pick hire a true defensive coordinator during the offseason.

Corrosion
11-02-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm stayin on the pink soap bandwagon .... even tho I dont think the defense was abysmal today .... they werent good either ....

OzzO
11-02-2008, 05:32 PM
I don't know why y'all want to get the pink soap? I mean, didn't you see the stat that the Texans are worse in the league in the redzone? After this game, what... 19 out of 20 times or something like that when an opponent gets in the red zone they get a TD? I don't see what the problem is - must be Kubiak.

... just to help some of ya out.
:sarcasm:

Thorn
11-02-2008, 05:39 PM
I'm stayin on the pink soap bandwagon .... even tho I dont think the defense was abysmal today .... they werent good either ....

Our defense doesn't have the talent to be good, just as our offense can't play against good defenses. Still, I think getting rid of Richard Smith is probably a good idea. Let's see what someone else can do with this defense, if anything. We haven't got but around four good players, the rest of 'em wouldn't be starting if they didn't play for the Texans.

Corrosion
11-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Our defense doesn't have the talent to be good, just as our offense can't play against good defenses. Still, I think getting rid of Richard Smith is probably a good idea. Let's see what someone else can do with this defense, if anything. We haven't got but around four good players, the rest of 'em wouldn't be in the NFL if they didn't play for the Texans.

:tiphat:

Brando
11-05-2008, 02:46 PM
I don't know why y'all want to get the pink soap? I mean, didn't you see the stat that the Texans are worse in the league in the redzone? After this game, what... 19 out of 20 times or something like that when an opponent gets in the red zone they get a TD? I don't see what the problem is - must be Kubiak.

... just to help some of ya out.
:sarcasm:

I think I heard this in the game on Sunday, on the one time we didn't let the opponent score a TD in the redzone.....it was the FG for the Jags in OT.:gun:

hradhak
11-05-2008, 05:40 PM
I kinda feel like talent isn't the problem anymore. We have more talent than most teams but just don't seem to be able to get it done. A coaching change could really bring a boost to this defense.

drewmar74
11-05-2008, 05:53 PM
I kinda feel like talent isn't the problem anymore. We have more talent than most teams but just don't seem to be able to get it done. A coaching change could really bring a boost to this defense.

I think that we have serviceable talent. Not great. Probably in the bottom third of the league, though. Still, I can't help but feel that if we had a DC worth a crap that we wouldn't be at the absolute bottom of the league (nearly a historically bad red zone defense).

I think that the whole Eugene Wilson / Dunta Robinson "moving to disguise coverages" story was very telling.

Remove Richard Smith and lets see if the defense improves in the same way that the O-line miraculously improved when Carr left.

Joe Texan
11-05-2008, 08:01 PM
figures who started this thread scratches head

TEXANRED
11-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Our defense doesn't have the talent to be good, just as our offense can't play against good defenses. Still, I think getting rid of Richard Smith is probably a good idea. Let's see what someone else can do with this defense, if anything. We haven't got but around four good players, the rest of 'em wouldn't be starting if they didn't play for the Texans.

And if our OLine was given more time to gel then David Carr would have been a good QB.

BigBull17
11-06-2008, 12:41 PM

I think we easily have the most talent we have ever had, on both sides of the ball. For our offense to not be #1 in most catigories and be 3-5 is horrible. Too many turnovers.

Ryan
11-09-2008, 05:34 PM
How about a Smith/Kubes combo soap?

Corrosion
11-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Only gave up 41 today .... nice job Dick. I wonder what Texas Tech could put up against that defense ? .... /vomit

brakos82
11-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Here's some more... enjoy folks.

http://www.geocities.com/brakos82/kubesclub.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/brakos82/sageclub.jpg

Runner
11-09-2008, 05:53 PM
I think we easily have the most talent we have ever had, on both sides of the ball. For our offense to not be #1 in most catigories and be 3-5 is horrible. Too many turnovers.

I'm not sure I buy that. Replace David Carr with Matt Schaub on the 7-9 team and they'd beat this Texans team, IMO.

Come to think of it, 7-9 is about average. Maybe the 7-9 team beats this team straight up! :shocked

TEXANRED
11-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Here's some more... enjoy folks.

http://www.geocities.com/brakos82/kubesclub.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/brakos82/sageclub.jpg

Can you make a "Fire'em all club" pink soap?

brakos82
11-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Can you make a "Fire'em all club" pink soap?
http://www.geocities.com/brakos82/allclub.jpg

TEXANRED
11-09-2008, 06:13 PM
http://www.geocities.com/brakos82/allclub.jpg

Thanks. I would rep you if I could but I cant. Sorry.

b0ng
11-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks. I would rep you if I could but I cant. Sorry.
Repped.

Brando
11-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Repped.

Double repped. Nice work brakos.

I'm disgusted at our effort today and if it wasn't already done, our playoff hopes were just crushed and swept away by the Ravens.:mcnugget:

brakos82
11-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Here's another one...

http://www.geocities.com/brakos82/fagginsclub.jpg

mexican_texan
11-10-2008, 03:04 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6104047.html

FirstTexansFan
11-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Ok, someone do your thing with Photoshop so we can change our avatars :)

Porky
11-29-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm ready for the pink soap. Pass the pink soap please. :roast:

Pantherstang84
11-29-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm ready for the pink soap. Pass the pink soap please. :roast:

Me too.

Carr Bombed
11-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Pink Soap.....make it happen.

rockabilly
11-29-2009, 04:21 PM
I haven't changed my avatar in forever - this is a reason to.

drewmar74
11-29-2009, 04:26 PM
I was going to resurrect the Schottenheimer avatar but I'll take the soap, plz.

FirstTexansFan
11-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Ok, I'm far from being the best photoshop guy on this board, but I made a stab at it, use it if you choose, or if someone else can come up with something better, feel free to post that :)

rockabilly
11-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Here ya go...

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=1980&dateline=1259530461

FirstTexansFan
11-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Can ya reduce the size a bit so the entire bar of soap shows, and the lettering isn't cut off?

brakos82
11-29-2009, 04:37 PM
I vote http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/brakos82/firekubes-2.jpg.

*working on downsizing

**done.

***maybe zoom in a bit.

****ok, better.

FirstTexansFan
11-29-2009, 04:38 PM
I vote http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/brakos82/firekubes.jpg.

Ooooh, that's badass, I'll take it :)

TheIronDuke
11-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Me too! Last year it was Dick Smith, this year it's Kubes.

Big Lou
11-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Although I don't know why I love Kubiak so much, maybe because he took this team from crap to mediocrity I may have just fell off the wagon. I'm hanging on to a rope on the wagon.

As great as Cowher would be, I just think we'd be taking a step backwards for a couple of years.

drewmar74
11-29-2009, 04:53 PM
As great as Cowher would be, I just think we'd be taking a step backwards for a couple of years.

I'd be willing to go backwards for a year if we could get past this 8-8 hump.

I think that to leave Kubiak in there is to leave us in the 6-10 to 9-7 range forever.

Pantherstang84
11-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Although I don't know why I love Kubiak so much, maybe because he took this team from crap to mediocrity I may have just fell off the wagon. I'm hanging on to a rope on the wagon.

I don't think we are that far off and have most of the pieces in place.

hot pickle
11-29-2009, 04:56 PM
boooom got mine here... i like kubiak but after 4 years and with the talent we have we should have a winning season.. and be in better position to be in the playoffs

TEXANRED
11-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Sadly I saved mine from last year.

Kubiak, you suck.

brakos82
11-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Sadly I saved mine from last year.

Kubiak, you suck.
Yeah, I had a shitload from last year, but they're trapped on a dud PC.

Ryan
11-29-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm repping the pink soap in spirit. I was locked out for some reason or another of changing my avatar and sig. I need to pm an admin about that.

brakos82
11-29-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm repping the pink soap in spirit. I was locked out for some reason or another of changing my avatar and sig. I need to pm an admin about that.

Yeah, same here. I know the Smith soap got put in the avy bin. It's still there even.

kastofsna
11-29-2009, 05:41 PM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/323/firekub.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/i/firekub.jpg/)

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3095/firekubav.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/i/firekubav.jpg/)

Mike Kerns
11-11-2010, 09:48 AM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/323/firekub.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/i/firekub.jpg/)

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3095/firekubav.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/i/firekubav.jpg/)

My new avatar on SB Nation. Thank you sir.

HuttoKarl
11-11-2010, 09:53 AM

I'll take one.

Ryan
11-11-2010, 11:09 AM
at least Dick Smith had our defense on a consistent mediocre level.

False Start
11-11-2010, 11:11 AM

Yeah, I never thought I would agree with that. :mariopalm:

Mike Kerns
11-11-2010, 11:30 AM

Ah, Jesus...I feel dirty agreeing with that...

thunderkyss
11-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Bump....... make it easier to find.

Showtime100
11-14-2010, 04:24 PM

Nice avatar TK. :)

Mr. White
11-14-2010, 04:24 PM

lmfao. Rep for TK.

rmartin65
11-14-2010, 04:26 PM
When TK sports the soap, the coach gots no hope.

OzzO
11-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Wow TK - you even bumped the thread. Rep. Someone forward some phone numbers to Bobby Mac.

TexanExile
11-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Yep. All in.

I've defended this guy for too long. You can't be 4th place in your division after 5 years.

midway
11-14-2010, 04:37 PM
When every coach who was hired the same off-season as he was hired has either made the playoffs or already been fired, and he continues to not make the playoffs, he needs to be gone.

Malloy
11-14-2010, 04:52 PM
I seem to have made a promise to sport a bar of rainbow, is there one available or, could one be made, pluuuuease..? :)

TK's Barrin', time for me to throw in the towel and... hope for change. :)

eriadoc
11-14-2010, 05:18 PM

LOL, welcome to the light.

I'm still waiting for a couple posters that liked to refer to us soapers as idiots and morons to see the light. On the other hand, the probably privately agree at this point, but will just suffer in silence rather than admit they're wrong.

FirstTexansFan
11-14-2010, 05:19 PM

Welcome to the light TK... put that Kool-Aid away, we drink beer here, and a lot of it :)

It numbs the pain :)