PDA

View Full Version : CC Brown out with broken arm

TheIronDuke
09-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Per SR 610 CC broke his arm. I guess that leaves us with Glenn Earl at SS? :gun:

OzzO
09-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Put him back in, he's got another arm to go with all the other arm tackles I saw out there today.

TheIronDuke
09-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Yeah I hope that Earl gets enough reps in at Dick Smith's arm tackling drill this week.

Maddict5
09-28-2008, 05:19 PM
earl's cut.. right?

ferguson/barber next in line i think

Fox
09-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Pretty sure we cut Earl. I saw Barber in today once Brown was taken out.

BSofA04
I saw a whole lotta Barber out there when CC went down. It wasn't pretty.

The Pencil Neck
Barber was playing a lot today. I think he's probably next up.

mattieuk
CC out....well that helps even out our crazily dominant defense.

Bad news :(

drewmar74
earl's cut.. right?

ferguson/barber next in line i think

Correct. Earl got cut.

So, yeah. We've either got an old man or a rook to put in next.

TheIronDuke
09-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Oh, I totally thought we still had Glenn Earl, my bad.

Sooooooo, wow, we're in trouble at SS even more than I thought. Not that CC was a lights-out SS or anything but at least he kind of was sorta serviceable for a Dick Smith defense.

swtbound07
09-28-2008, 05:23 PM
i don't wish for injury...but im glad i don't have to complain about CC Brown next week.

edo783
09-28-2008, 05:26 PM
"It's only a flesh wound", he can get back in there. A SS with a cast for a club could be dangerous. Just watch some old Green Bay footage to see what Ray Nichkie (sp) did with one.:kingkong:

J-Russ
09-28-2008, 05:27 PM
SS: Demps FS: Wilson.... Demps is a sevicable safety and Wilson was once consider one of the best at FS.

Wait, that won't happen though, it makes too much sense for Smith to consider it.

KEYE SUX
09-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Wasn't it Barber who on the 1st Jax TD bumped into the FB with his back because he was completely turned around on a simple run to the right?

TheIronDuke
09-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Because I prefer to have a link....

Notes:@ Texans safety C.C. Brown broke his arm and will have surgery Monday. Kubiak wasn't sure how long he will be out. ...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/sports/6028412.html

I would say it would take a couple of months at least to heal. The biggest key to arm tackling is arms so hopefully RS is prepared to teach his tackling techniques to whoever will take CC's spot.

Honoring Earl 34
09-28-2008, 08:45 PM
I think he'll put Mario at SS ... that'll fool them .

Goldensilence
09-28-2008, 08:54 PM
ss: Demps fs: Wilson.... Demps is a sevicable safety and wilson was once consider one of the best at fs.

Wait, that won't happen though, it makes too much sense for smith to consider it.

qft.

Corrosion
09-28-2008, 10:35 PM
John Lynch is available ...... I'm sure he (even at 90in a wheelchair) would be an upgrade over what we have back there.

RTP2110
09-28-2008, 10:39 PM
i don't wish for injury...but im glad i don't have to complain about CC Brown next week.

X2 stupid 10 character rule

Honoring Earl 34
09-28-2008, 10:43 PM
John Lynch is available ...... I'm sure he (even at 90in a wheelchair) would be an upgrade over what we have back there.

I bet some recievers heads will be on a swivel if Lynch is back there .

Vinnie
09-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Crap, I just read this. This just sucks with the Colts up next, I'm officially depressed.

Carr Bombed
09-29-2008, 12:11 AM

John Lynch would laugh at us if we called him up........he doesn't want to make a joke out of himself by joining this crappy football team. We're not the patriots and there's nothing to latch onto here.

Corrosion
09-29-2008, 12:26 AM
John Lynch would laugh at us if we called him up........he doesn't want to make a joke out of himself by joining this crappy football team. We're not the patriots and there's nothing to latch onto here.

Ya never know , people have been known to do strange things for money

It may take a mountain of :money::money::money::money::money::money: to get him to even consider it

Runner
09-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Ya never know , people have been known to do strange things for money

It may take a mountain of :money::money::money::money::money::money: to get him to even consider it

Right - like the Texans would pay a lot of money for a 37 year old veteran who may or may not have anything left...................never mind.

Corrosion
09-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Right - like the Texans would pay a lot of money for a 37 year old veteran who may or may not have anything left...................never mind.

Awww-Man :money:

:spit:

eriadoc
09-29-2008, 02:41 AM
Wasn't it Barber who on the 1st Jax TD bumped into the FB with his back because he was completely turned around on a simple run to the right?

I think that was #38 (so, Faggins).

RipTraxx
09-29-2008, 05:29 AM
I say throw barber or harrison in there. The competition between the two young guys should make that a good position to watch.

V3rm0nt3r
09-29-2008, 08:52 AM
I say throw barber or harrison in there. The competition between the two young guys should make that a good position to watch.

what a position we are in where a 2nd year 5th rounder and a rookie 6th rounder are fighting for a starting spot...

El Tejano
09-29-2008, 12:04 PM

Well he certainly has a shot because he used to play for Denver.

V3rm0nt3r
09-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Well he certainly has a shot because he used to play for Denver.

wow an old, past his prime, ex bronco who hasn't been signed? Smithiak is off their game.

BigBull17
09-29-2008, 12:25 PM
I think he'll put Mario at SS ... that'll fool them .

God, no more over the middle. WR will change post's into outs.

Ole Miss Texan
09-29-2008, 12:29 PM
what a position we are in where a 2nd year 5th rounder and a rookie 6th rounder are fighting for a starting spot...

and a 2nd year 7th rounder already has one.

Corrosion
09-29-2008, 12:31 PM
and a 2nd year 7th rounder already had one.

Fixed that for ya .... Had one till he broke his arm .... Not sure if it was his Olay Arm or not.

Ole Miss Texan
09-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Fixed that for ya .... Had one till he broke his arm .... Not sure if it was his Olay Arm or not.

Zac Diles?

Corrosion
09-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Zac Diles?

Him too .... Olay

(I was thinkin CC Brown ...)

HOU-TEX
09-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Him too .... Olay

(I was thinkin CC Brown ...)

If we're talking about ole' tackles we should also add:

D-Ryans - missed the FB on the screen

Okoye - missed Garrard on run

Eh, too many to list

HealingBullets
09-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Going to IR now

Mailman
09-29-2008, 05:53 PM
Why has Eugene Wilson been inactive?

HOU-TEX
09-29-2008, 06:01 PM

Learning the playbook and scheme I reckon. Although, I can't see Richard Smith's playbook take more than a couple of hours to memorize. :gun:

Corrosion
09-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Learning the playbook and scheme I reckon. Although, I can't see Richard Smith's playbook take more than a couple of minutes to memorize. :gun:

Edited that post for ya Hou-Tex ..... How long does it take to read the following:

DT's hug the O-Linemen

DE's drop back in coverage

LB's stand around and act like you are doing something.

CB's give a ten yard cushion

Safety's always take a bad angle and try to arm tackle at every opportunity.

If you happen to forget your asignment and find yourself in close proximity of the ball carrier .... Olay.

That about sums it up.

The Pencil Neck
09-29-2008, 06:31 PM

Probably learning the playbook but in the press conference, I think that Kubes said that he could be in the CB "rotation" pretty soon.

SICLICK
09-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Doesnt matter who we put in...were gonna lose.:tiphat:

The Pencil Neck
09-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Doesnt matter who we put in...were gonna lose.:tiphat:

Aren't you a little ray of sunshine?

Texan JBZ
09-30-2008, 10:17 PM
I feel bad for CC, but this is great news for the team. Safety is the one position the franchise has neglected since its inception. Remember sorry ass Matt Stevens? Kubes and Smith will be forced into drafting a safety with a high draft pick this year. Good news for the future of the Texans, because the defense has always lacked a ballhawk a safety. Taylor Mays or William Moore anyone? Sounds damn good to me right now.

Corrosion
09-30-2008, 11:32 PM
I feel bad for CC, but this is great news for the team. Safety is the one position the franchise has neglected since its inception. Remember sorry ass Matt Stevens? Kubes and Smith will be forced into drafting a safety with a high draft pick this year. Good news for the future of the Texans, because the defense has always lacked a ballhawk a safety. Taylor Mays or William Moore anyone? Sounds damn good to me right now.

It may just be more of the same .... low draft picks on a position they dont place a high priority on .... then again maybe they get lucky eventually on one of those low picks and find a gem. :pigfly:

ArlingtonTexan
09-30-2008, 11:39 PM
It may just be more of the same .... low draft picks on a position they dont place a high priority on .... then again maybe they get lucky eventually on one of those low picks and find a gem. :pigfly:

There is nothing unusual about safeties being lower round draft picks. Most teams have at least one who is a 4th or later if not both of them. The key is finding the types who fit whatever you are trying to do as a defense. Now, there is the issue of richard Smith trying to explain exactly what is trying to do.

Corrosion
09-30-2008, 11:52 PM
There is nothing unusual about safeties being lower round draft picks. Most teams have at least one who is a 4th or later if not both of them. The key is finding the types who fit whatever you are trying to do as a defense. Now, there is the issue of richard Smith trying to explain exactly what is trying to do.

I know Saftey's tend to be drafted in the mid - late rounds in general ..... just seems that they continue to look in the late rounds.

CC Brown 6th

Dominique Barber 6th

Glenn Earl (4th) doesnt really fall into that category .... But he should have considering his injuries at the time.

The position has been a total liability since day one .... matt stevens.

Coincidentally those are the only three players drafted at Safety by the Texans ... Unless you want to count Jammal Lord who was a QB in college.
(Brandon Harrison is listed as DB 5th round)

Texans complete draft history (http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=2120&type=team)

The Pencil Neck
10-01-2008, 12:39 AM
I know Saftey's tend to be drafted in the mid - late rounds in general ..... just seems that they continue to look in the late rounds.

CC Brown 6th

Dominique Barber 6th

Glenn Earl (4th) doesnt really fall into that category .... But he should have considering his injuries at the time.

Coincidentally those are the only three players drafted at Safety by the Texans ... Unless you want to count Jammal Lord who was a QB in college.

Texans complete draft history (http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=2120&type=team)

I don't think our safety issues are a matter of where we draft them but rather a matter of the way that Richard Smith wants them to work. I think the whole scheme of having two safeties similar abilities that are both smallish for SS and slowish for FS so that they can play sides of the field regardless of offensive formation is questionable. Unless you've got two really big, fast, brutal guys back there.

We have the safeties we have now because they are what Richard Smith wanted. Interchangeable.

I just think that's a bad idea.

buddyboy
10-01-2008, 12:40 AM

CC Brown 6th

Dominique Barber 6th

I'm pretty sure Harrison was projected and recognized as a safety coming out of the draft. Besides, isn't a safety just another type of defensive back? I thought both cornerbacks and safeties fell into the category of "defensive back". Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

HJam72
10-01-2008, 02:01 AM
I don't think our safety issues are a matter of where we draft them but rather a matter of the way that Richard Smith wants them to work. I think the whole scheme of having two safeties similar abilities that are both smallish for SS and slowish for FS so that they can play sides of the field regardless of offensive formation is questionable. Unless you've got two really big, fast, brutal guys back there.

We have the safeties we have now because they are what Richard Smith wanted. Interchangeable.

I just think that's a bad idea.

Exactly how I feel about it. Another example of our wonderful DC outsmarting himself.

TheRealJoker
10-01-2008, 09:32 AM
"I want 2 safeties that can play both positions at a high level...but I dont want to use the draft picks necessary to snag one."

- Richard Smith