PDA

View Full Version : 8 in the box........who will survive?

CloakNNNdagger
09-27-2008, 07:41 AM
It is obvious that both teams feel that stopping the run at all cost (LINK to Chronicle) (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6026233.html) will be their goal in the upcoming game.........and force the Qb into mistakes. Who will be the last man standing.........Gerrard or Schaub? At least, the Cats have a proven set of RBs, but a piecemeal OL now. The Texans have unproven "hope and a prayer" at RB and an unproven undersized "work in progress" OL. Who will be able to break through to the Qb? Who will "blink" 1st on the rush Gerrard or Schaub? Neither can afford to "play scared." If the Girls, Steelers and Tacks game is a preview of things to come, expect Schaub to close his eyes and heave........if he's not tasting the fine natural grass of Jacksonville. If this happens, will the Texans and Schaub "survive"........or will the brainchild decide to try to avoid 0-3 by calling on Sage? It promises to be more of a Sumo wrestling-like match. Who's pants will be pulled around their ankles first? The drama will unveil itself in just over 24 hours.

Malloy
09-27-2008, 08:07 AM
You introduce programs on Celebrity Fight Night? :)

Oh.. btw. I think you're pretty much right, first QB to get the 'deer in headlights' look is the team to lose. Unfortunately I have a feeling that we will see this from Schaub before we see it with Gerrard. I cincerely hope that they prove me wrong! :)

b0ng
09-27-2008, 12:44 PM
It depends on our wideouts and the jags run game. If both of those aspects are performing then both qb's will be in much better position to make plays. Garrard can't depend on his receivers to bail him out like schaub can. On the flip side schaub doesn't have beastly running game that garrard has. However this season both of these parts of the offense has underperformed at least one game.

gary
09-27-2008, 01:00 PM
I have a bad feeling their running game is going to kill us.

HJam72
09-27-2008, 04:14 PM

So do I.

gary
09-27-2008, 04:17 PM
We shall see.

The Pencil Neck
09-27-2008, 05:00 PM

That is my fear.

ATXtexanfan
09-27-2008, 05:39 PM

we knuckled up against ten in the 2nd half. if that carries over we got a chance. i think jax and indi have fallen back towards us more than we've gotten better. schaub is without a doubt the key.

gary
09-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Have to stop Drew and Taylor.

Corrosion
09-27-2008, 09:20 PM
I just dont see the same Schaub I saw last season .... There was one play in particular in the first two games that made me instantly think of HWWNBM .... anyone guess which one that was ?

I dont know how much of this is attributed to the change in the O-Line at Center and Left Tackle and how much of it is Lil Shanny taking over the offense and QB . Whatever the problem , it needs to get fixed LAST WEEK. :bat:

gary
09-27-2008, 09:35 PM
If they do not win tomorrow then they may loose another two in a row.

sakebomb
09-28-2008, 10:53 AM
I wish I had Taylor or Drew on my fantasy team this week.

I hope it doesn't happen but I see them running all over us.