PDA

View Full Version : Richard Justice covers Kubiak - Up Close & Personal

nunusguy
09-25-2008, 06:39 AM
He quoted the late Jack Elway, who once told him: “I knew it was time for me to get out of coaching when wins were a relief and losses were agony.”
“My balance is my family,” he said. “My deal is trying to make sure these other coaches find a balance, too. That concerns me. You’re going, going, going and don’t have that carrot at the end of the week.”
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6021592.html
Many of you don't like Justice, can't stand him you say. OK, don't read the
article. I think he's about as good at what he does as anybody in town (maybe that's the problem when his competition is the likes of John McClain), so you might want to check out his story ?
BTW, I have no sympathy for Kubiak. He's by now a multi-million, at the very least, set for life financially speaking. And at a relatively young age.
So I don't give a damn if he's a native of the area and an Aggie. I say dump him and hire somebody else after he's had a sufficient length of time to produce a winner. Whatever that is, but lets hope that McNair is more decisive in that area than he was with the Capers regime. If it comes to that.

Runner
09-25-2008, 09:52 AM
I liked the 'work smarter, not harder' statement in the feedback area.

Sisyphus is working hard but he's not getting anywhere either.

Polo
09-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Is that Greek mythology ?

*Yes it is, just looked it up...

HOU-TEX
09-25-2008, 10:00 AM
I liked the 'work smarter, not harder' statement in the feedback area.

Sisyphus is working hard but he's not getting anywhere either.

LOL! Good ole Runner!

Sisyphus was a king punished in Tartarus by being cursed to roll a huge boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll down again, and to repeat this throughout eternity.

Sisyphus promoted navigation and commerce, but was avaricious and deceitful, violating the laws of hospitality by killing travelers and guests. He took pleasure in these killings because they allowed him to maintain his dominant position

cuppacoffee
09-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Quote:

"Sisyphus promoted navigation and commerce, but was avaricious and deceitful, violating the laws of hospitality by killing travelers and guests. He took pleasure in these killings because they allowed him to maintain his dominant position."

Our D could take lessons from this guy..:ninja:

:coffee:

Norg
09-25-2008, 10:41 AM
We can have a musical chair of coaches

its not going to change the win loss factor

its up to the players IMO

TexansFanatic
09-25-2008, 11:17 AM
We can have a musical chair of coaches

its not going to change the win loss factor

its up to the players IMO

So we can just do away with coaches then and let players play? I'm sure all the owners in the NFL will be pleased to know about all the money they can save on coaches' salaries when they learn that coaches don't change the win loss factor.

Specnatz
09-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Quote:

"Sisyphus promoted navigation and commerce, but was avaricious and deceitful, violating the laws of hospitality by killing travelers and guests. He took pleasure in these killings because they allowed him to maintain his dominant position."

Our D could take lessons from this guy..:ninja:

:coffee:

I wonder just who Sisyphus reminds me of.

beerlover
09-25-2008, 11:43 AM
I wonder just who Sisyphus reminds me of.

reminds me of this http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/14910.jpg

Sisyphus Barleywine Ale (winter release) bottles,draught
Intense and warming, Sisyphus was Real Ale's first seasonal product. A healthy portion of hops balances the rich toffee undertones of the malt. Weighing in around 11% ABV, Sisyphus Barleywine is not for the faint of heart - makes a great nightcap!
ABV: 10 - 11%, IBU: 77, OG(plato): 24

valleytexfan
09-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Cool article from RJ...did I just say that??? :user:

Dancerdog
09-25-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm not ready to see Kubiak walk the plank yet either. The W/L ratio has improved each year. One thing I would do is tear whosever ass up that tells him whether to challenge the play with the red flag. That genius has got to go!

Buffi2
09-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Credit where credit is due - even if it is RJ. That was a good column.

“I’ve got a group of guys working unbelievably hard, and there’s not a thing that happened against Tennessee we can’t fix. Honestly, I feel that way.”

That gives me hope on this lovely sunshine and lollipops week. That is the rainbow's end. So, let's fix it and start winning.

spurstexanstros
09-25-2008, 04:03 PM
when did the board become an episode of "Hercules, the Legenday Journies"?

thats almost as bad as some one refrencing turpited in the wrong way.....hey I am not supposed to rip myself.

Sisyphus ... geez.

Runner
09-25-2008, 04:11 PM
thats almost as bad as some one refrencing turpited in the wrong way.....hey I am not supposed to rip myself.

OK, that was funny since I knew it was you.

Note I'm sporting a new avatar.

mussop
09-26-2008, 12:24 AM
I refuse to read anything he writes. My aviator tells u what I think of him.

hadaad
09-26-2008, 09:53 AM
I hope this is a new era for Richard Justice. Maybe he came to the conclusion that he wasn't doing a very good job and pulled his top part from his middle part.