PDA

View Full Version : Garrard Smack

Yankee_In_TX
09-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Anyone hear or read this?

Said the reason we had a competitive record against Jax is because they take us too lightly (implying we're a crappy team) and don't prepare like they should.

DiehardChris
09-24-2008, 02:50 PM
That's talking more smack about his own team than ours.

Tedc
09-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Anyone hear or read this?

Said the reason we had a competitive record against Jax is because they take us too lightly (implying we're a crappy team) and don't prepare like they should.

Didn't Garrard replace Gary Coleman?

HOU-TEX
09-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Garrard's talking smack??

The dude's sporting numbers similar to Schaub and he's mouthing off. So far he's been no more than a 1 year wonder.

Garrard (3 games):
1 TD
4 INT
547 YDS
68.1 RTG

Schaub (2 games):
1 TD
5 INT
390 YDS
50.3 RTG

powerfuldragon
09-24-2008, 03:00 PM
not to be a downer or anything, but until we have a (more like several) winning seasons under our belts, i don't expect the texans to be taken seriously.

Runner
09-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Garrard's talking smack??

The dude's sporting numbers similar to Schaub and he's mouthing off. So far he's been no more than a 1 year wonder.

From what I've gathered, smack talk has little to do with past or present capability to back it up. For instance, have you seen the smack talk that gets spewed on this board?

Sometimes it is downright embarrassing.

Specnatz
09-24-2008, 04:37 PM
From what I've gathered, smack talk has little to do with past or present capability to back it up. For instance, have you seen the smack talk that gets spewed on this board?

Sometimes it is downright embarrassing.

Smack talk in sports, you have to be kidding right? Never heard such a thing. That is just the nature of sports.

Besides, there are a hell of lot more things on this board that are far more embarrassing than smack talk.

TEXANRED
09-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Whats with all the smiley faces?

Specnatz
09-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Whats with all the smiley faces?

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53828

TEXANRED
09-24-2008, 04:53 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53828

Ole Miss Texan
09-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Makes them and their coaches look silly. I'd love it if everyteam "decided" to not prepare for us. We'd probably be a 9-7 football team by now if that happened! :)

Runner
09-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Smack talk in sports, you have to be kidding right? Never heard such a thing. That is just the nature of sports.

Its existence doesn't mean everybody has to like it. That is the nature of some athletes and some fans - not everyone.

Besides, there are a hell of lot more things on this board that are far more embarrassing than smack talk.

Just because there are more embarrassing things doesn't mean it isn't embarrassing. The fantastic claims people make for their teams are laughable. Generally the less success a team has, the more false bravado is seen from their fans. I've found many smack talkers, especially on an internet forum like this, to be rather juvenile and thin skinned. Many seem to have an exceptionally low literacy rate too.

But that is only my opinion - just don't tell Chester I have an opinion on something I don't participate in.

Specnatz
09-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Its existence doesn't mean everybody has to like it. That is the nature of some athletes and some fans - not everyone.

Just because there are more embarrassing things doesn't mean it isn't embarrassing. The fantastic claims people make for their teams are laughable. Generally the less success a team has, the more false bravado is seen from their fans. I've found many smack talkers, especially on an internet forum like this, to be rather juvenile and thin skinned. Many seem to have an exceptionally low literacy rate too.

But that is only my opinion - just don't tell Chester I have an opinion on something I don't participate in.

Oh I agree that some of it is juvenile and that there are some who are very thin skinned. I just tend to laugh it off and go about my business. Some take things way to seriously and are not much of a man when it comes to things.

I would disagree with the less success a team has, I would say more so that it is a team that had success at one point and then has not done anything for a while, they always bring up the past.

brakos82
09-24-2008, 06:06 PM

Dante thread, PD's purple-haired girlfriend, Herv pretending to be Bud Adams, that picture of a fat naked man on a computer, and (most importantly) VY's Sausage thread.

Specnatz
09-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Dante thread, PD's purple-haired girlfriend, Herv pretending to be Bud Adams, that picture of a fat naked man on a computer, and (most importantly) VY's Sausage thread.

3 of those are not so bad. I like the Dante thread, he is well respected and it is friends messing with friends. Herv, pretending to be Bud is funny and scary at the same time. PD, ehhh have not seen it.

powerfuldragon
09-24-2008, 06:20 PM
okay dammit. she's not my girlfriend. yet. a.o nyu hio'awgjklw 'ut4uto9wujvge

imatexan
09-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Ya dude a lot of people avitars are wierd

Nevermind got it!

Honoring Earl 34
09-24-2008, 09:06 PM
We don't take the Titans serious . :gun: