PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Vince!!

WesmanTexanfan
09-24-2008, 12:56 AM
What if the titans were looking to shop him annd vince wanted to come home, what would you trade for him if anything? Maybe playing in Houston will be good for him....

I wouldnt trade too much but i might give it a shot.

Andrew6
09-24-2008, 01:05 AM
What if the titans were looking to shop him annd vince wanted to come home, what would you trade for him if anything? Maybe playing in Houston will be good for him....

i don't see them spending that much on him to just give him up for nothing and I don't see houston giving anything to get him either.

GP
09-24-2008, 01:07 AM
This is for real, or this is for funny hah-hah?

I mean, things are getting so blurry for me right now...I can't tell anymore if people are serious or not.

I think the only thing worse than Ike and Matt Schaub (which includes the price we paid for him) would be the thought that we had chosen VY rather than Mario Williams.

Because VY was going to have this colossal breakdown no matter what team he was on, and it could have been on OUR team and not the Titans.

So...I consider it a minor blessing by the football gods that we excluded VY from serious consideration in the first place.

VY is done, man. His life is infinitely better, more at peace, with him NOT playing the role of NFL QB. Isn't it? I would think so. No need in completely pushing him off the ledge by making him join the Texans.

In fact, the counseling session probably went like this:

Counselor: "Vince, what do you want to do? I mean, what is it that you really want to do right now? What would bring you peace?"

VY: "Well, I as thinking about that this morning. And, I see that the Texans have a potential place for a guy like me, and so I was thinking I'd go home and energize Reliant."

Counselor: (Places hand on VY's leg, and a look of concern on the face) "Vince, I don't think that's such a good idea."

VY: "Oh. OK. How about Detroit or St. Louis?"

Counselor: "NOW you're onto something! Whew, I thought I had lost you there for a second...you really had me going, Vince! (chuckle) The Texans (chuckle) That was a funny one!"

DiehardChris
09-24-2008, 01:08 AM
Why in the world would Bud Adams draft Vince Young (against the advice of all his football people) just to stick it to Houston - then turn right around and trade him to us?

Bud Adams will never trade or deal with the Texans, unless he can fleece us, and as down as everyone is on Smith and Kubiak - they're too smart for that.

Carr Bombed
09-24-2008, 02:04 AM

This is a joke right ?!?.....please for the love of god, tell me that this is a damn Joke !?!?!?!

Vince sucks ass...infact he's already answered Shaq's question, because he's already been there.

Corrosion
09-24-2008, 02:06 AM
I'd offer them a 14th rounder ..... we all know that the draft ends after 7

Dont forget to read the fine print :shades:

KEYE SUX
09-24-2008, 02:58 AM
Why in the world would Bud Adams draft Vince Young (against the advice of all his football people) just to stick it to Houston - then turn right around and trade him to us?

Bud Adams will never trade or deal with the Texans, unless he can fleece us, and as down as everyone is on Smith and Kubiak - they're too smart for that.

Dare I mention Ahman Green and Chris Brown? They have been fleeced by these two already.

beerlover
09-24-2008, 05:41 AM
wait until he is a free agent or just out & out released, remember to give the people what they want, in my case its plenty of cold beer :wesmantexanfan:

Old School
09-24-2008, 05:48 AM
Why in the world would Bud Adams draft Vince Young (against the advice of all his football people) just to stick it to Houston - then turn right around and trade him to us? ........
So he could stick it to us again!!!:specnatz:

Tedc
09-24-2008, 05:57 AM
He will be traded to Minnesota and be a VYking.

ATXtexanfan
09-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Lock this thread down now before it's to late

chicagotexan2
09-24-2008, 07:32 AM
Do we not already have enough do nothing players?

Thorn
09-24-2008, 07:41 AM
Everyday in this place brings something new.

LMAO

Specnatz
09-24-2008, 07:50 AM

You sorta answered your own question ..........................

To stick it to Houston with vy a second time around.

Texan_Bill
09-24-2008, 08:11 AM
I read this thread about 20 minutes ago and my sides are hurting from laughing so hard....

HoustonFrog
09-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Lord NO!

If I did anything this offseason...and this is contingent on how the Schaub/Sage thing ends...is keep only 1, groom a youngster and go with it. Look at the Sage ground swell. What if VY was on the bench. A black hole would start and suck in the board.

Seņor Stan
09-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Schaub/Sage thing ends...

Well, "Schaub/Sage" DOES sound like sausage, so we have that going for us.

SheTexan
09-24-2008, 08:32 AM
Nothing like waking up to a dumber and dumber thread! Didn't make me laugh at all, just made me nauseated. Think I'll go back to bed and start over after the nausea goes away!!:wacko:

Texan_Bill
09-24-2008, 08:41 AM
Nothing like waking up to a dumber and dumber thread! Didn't make me laugh at all, just made me nauseated. Think I'll go back to bed and start over after the nausea goes away!!:wacko:

C'mon Gma!!! That's some funny shite.... Don't let it nauseate you, get a good laugh. :heh:

HOU-TEX
09-24-2008, 08:41 AM

No kidding! I get to work this morning, get my coffee brewed, line everything up for the day on my desk and then log on to TT only to find this as the top thread??

For the love of Pete, man! Are you johnsonfan's brother? :rolleyes:

Texan_Bill
09-24-2008, 08:42 AM
No kidding! I get to work this morning, get my coffee brewed, line everything up for the day on my desk and then log on to TT only to find this as the top thread??

For the love of Pete, man! Are you johnsonfan's brother? :rolleyes:

No i iznt... lolz

ChildressTitanMan
09-24-2008, 08:44 AM
Good lawd.

:thinking:

As funny as this thread is,if the Titans were to offer him up,some team would want him. Football is nuts.

HOU-TEX
09-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Good lawd.

As funny as this thread is,if the Titans were to offer him up,some team would want him. Football is nuts.

Yeah, the Arena League would be all over him. :shades:

Texan_Bill
09-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Good lawd.

:hmmm: Maybe........... the Toronto Argonauts or Edmonton Eskimos... Maybe the Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings since Quincy Carter moved onto the Kansas City Brigade..

TEXANRED
09-24-2008, 08:50 AM
I got some belly button lint that I will give them for VY.

:hobie:

:locked:

TEXANRED
09-24-2008, 08:51 AM
:hmmm: Maybe........... the Toronto Argonauts or Edmonton Eskimos... Maybe the Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings since Quincy Carter moved onto the Kansas City Brigade..

Hey, VY would be perfect in Chicago, they are famous for there sausage.

HOU-TEX
09-24-2008, 08:51 AM
I got some belly button lint that I will give them for VY.

:hobie:

:locked:

Nah, that's still too much. It shouuldn't take more than a single dingle-berry to lock him up.

GlassHalfFull
09-24-2008, 08:54 AM
27 posts in and nobody has mentioned

BAN HIM

j/k Wes, ya know I love you, but REALLY!?!

Texan_Bill
09-24-2008, 08:54 AM
I see this thread about 'his sausageness' spiraling out of control in 5..... 4...... 3...... :heh:

:thinking: Can 'spiral' and 'VY' be used in the same sentence???

Ole Miss Texan
09-24-2008, 09:00 AM
To answer this question seriously, I would first see where his head is at. I think playing in Houston for Houston is probably the only thing that would keep his head in the game. We all know he so desperately wanted to play for us, and is probably THE only reason he declared early. With that said, it's still pretty risky, b/c Smith/Kubiak are trying to go after sound football players and VY may just be off the reservation.

If I thought he would give everything he had for the Texans, I would trade a 2nd day pick for him, most likely a 5th - 7th. The reasoning is, he is such an athlete, a playmaker, and bottom line is he would help win some games.

Upon the trade, his contract would instantly have to be restructured into a much much more friendly situation for us. The 2nd part, is that he would not be the QB for our team and he would know this and have to be okay with it before the trade.

I would use VY in special situations, where he'd probably only see the field < 10 times a game. I'd occasionaly line him up at QB to run the ball, hand the ball off, occasional throw to Daniels or a short pass to Walter or a jump ball to AJ.

I would use a flyer in a late 2nd day pick on him, because the upside is there. But I don't think the Titans will be trading him for anything like that and will be on their team through the end of his contract. I don't think his career is over either though. I'll go ahead and add the above thoughts on a trade for VY is why I'm typing and not coaching. :) (Madden would be more fun, though)

HOU-TEX
09-24-2008, 09:00 AM
I see this thread about 'his sausageness' spiraling out of control in 5..... 4...... 3...... :heh:

VY sent a huge turd into a spiral down the toilet the morning after the largest sausage party known to man.

ChildressTitanMan
09-24-2008, 09:02 AM

http://a0.vox.com/6a00e398b9f5ca000300f48d0182d80001-500pi

Texan_Bill
09-24-2008, 09:02 AM
VY sent a huge turd into a spiral down the toilet the morning after the largest sausage party known to man.

After "the largest sausage party known to man", I would think he would have had a hard time using the restroom this morning......

HOU-TEX
09-24-2008, 09:25 AM
After "the largest sausage party known to man", I would think he would have had a hard time using the restroom this morning......

Nah, he's used to it. That is also why the turd was huge (diameter)

BTW, childresstitan, that's not what I needed to see this morning

Double Barrel
09-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Trade for Vince!!

We could use another TE to backup OD.

Hervoyel
09-24-2008, 09:35 AM
What if the titans were looking to shop him annd vince wanted to come home.....

No, no, no, no, no, no. No.

HOU-TEX
09-24-2008, 09:36 AM
We could use another TE to backup OD.

True, maybe he could help with the pass rush? Heck, the way we drop our DE's into coverage it might just work out. :gun:

Double Barrel
09-24-2008, 09:39 AM
True, maybe he could help with the pass rush? Heck, the way we drop our DE's into coverage it might just work out. :gun:

I'm really looking forward to more mix-it-up packages where we send Winston deep on a fly route. You know, to keep the other team guessing and all that crap...errrrr...jazzzzzzzz.

You know, if VY was the holder on FGs, we could always have the threat of converting those 4th downs!
Run, Vince, run! :thinking:

HOU-TEX
09-24-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm really looking forward to more mix-it-up packages where we send Winston deep on a fly route. You know, to keep the other team guessing and all that crap...errrrr...jazzzzzzzz.

You know, if VY was the holder on FGs, we could always have the threat of converting those 4th downs!
Run, Vince, run! :thinking:

LMAO! That'd be awesome!

Texan_Bill
09-24-2008, 10:02 AM

http://a0.vox.com/6a00e398b9f5ca000300f48d0182d80001-500pi

Banned!!!

Nah, he's used to it. That is also why the turd was huge (diameter)

BTW, childresstitan, that's not what I needed to see this morning

Screen door issues???

If Jacoby Jones doesn't get his act together, 'his sausageness' would make a fine punt returner... :pirate:

HOU-TEX
09-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Banned!!!

Screen door issues???

If Jacoby Jones doesn't get his act together, 'his sausageness' would make a fine punt returner... :pirate:

Chappell Hill Sausage would appreciate bringing 'sausage boy' home.

spurstexanstros
09-24-2008, 10:18 AM
I thought that the madness was spreading here..... I am so relieved that there are still sensible posters.

WesmanTexanfan
09-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Don't ban me, Texanstalk is my homepage, that wouldn't make sense anymore.

It's and intresting problem the titans have with Mr. Young.(Ive been calling it for years)

Maybe playing in his home city might motivate him or somthinng.

I wouldnt give up anything important for him.

Brando
09-24-2008, 08:55 PM

It's and intresting problem the titans have with Mr. Young.(Ive been calling it for years)

According to Bud, Vince will be in Tennessee for 15 more years......

"No, no,'' Adams said as he left LP Field after the Titans defeated the Texans. "It has been a terrible thing, what he's been going through. But I still think he is going to be a great one. Down the years I think we'll be glad to have him. He'll bounce back. … He's liable to be playing here 15 years.''

LINK (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080922/SPORTS01/809220325/1027)

WesmanTexanfan
09-24-2008, 08:55 PM
:thinking::splits::scarygirl::kingkong::cowboy1: :pirate:

kcdoubleeagle
09-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Let's see if we can get VY for Mario Williams even money. We will be able to FINALLY correct the wrongs of that draft. Plus, we will have ESPN showering accolades on us and him as we go 0-16. :shades:

IlliniJen
09-24-2008, 10:58 PM

I wouldnt give up anything important for him.

VY is mentally and emotionally weak. A change in zip code is not going to change what is fundamentally wrong with him.

Horrible idea. NEXT.

Corrosion
09-24-2008, 11:02 PM

LINK (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080922/SPORTS01/809220325/1027)

Bud will pay him millions just to spite the Texans fans who still do want VY .... however few they are. He's a spiteful bastard.

jdog
09-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Vince wouldn't be an upgrade, and he definitely couldn't handle the kind of pressure we're throwing at the guys these days. No thanks.

HJam72
09-25-2008, 12:09 AM

It would suit me just fine if Bud gave ol' Vince a nice, big 15 year contract. More power to 'em. :shades:

YellerLotYeller
09-25-2008, 12:09 AM
I wonder if vince could be a shut-down corner........:thinking:

Topher
09-25-2008, 12:14 AM
I would rather kick myself in the balls! :gun:

HJam72
09-25-2008, 12:15 AM
I wonder if vince could be a shut-down corner........:thinking:

I wonder if he could be our Eric Dickerson.

threetoedpete
09-25-2008, 12:52 AM

That's not the question. The question on Vincent is: is he ready to change yet ? Until he is ready to change, he's just a freakish athlete waiting for the hounds to finally chase him down. And the hounds in the NFL always chase down the running QB. It's just a matter of time. Interesting the wild cat formation in New England employed last weekend by the fins wasn't it ? All of you Closet Vincent supporters tell me, how many wild cats have the Tacks run so far this season ?

threetoedpete
09-25-2008, 12:59 AM
It would suit me just fine if Bud gave ol' Vince a nice, big 15 year contract. More power to 'em. :shades:

Well if Bud says it's so, it must be true. Bud Adams is going to pull the plug on Vincent so fast one of these years It's going to make your head spin. My money says they'll be drafting one of the young studs coming out next year. I've got more faith in the javelin throwing motion of VY's than I do any air coming out of BA's mouth.

HJam72
09-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Well if Bud says it's so, it must be true. Bud Adams is going to pull the plug on Vincent so fast one of these years It's going to make your head spin. My money says they'll be drafting one of the young studs coming out next year. I've got more faith in the javelin throwing motion of VY's than I do any air coming out of BA's mouth.

Can't argue with any of that, but I'd still love to see him make that big a mistake.