PDA

View Full Version : Pitts' comments

Yankee_In_TX
09-23-2008, 08:45 AM
On 790 this morning they were talking about something Chester said. Anyone have a link?

jaayteetx
09-23-2008, 08:59 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6016676.html
Its at the bottom of the article.

Ole Miss Texan
09-23-2008, 09:06 AM
from link

“There’s no controversy, and Matt’s going to be fine,” Pitts said. “The biggest thing I do is look at the mirror and see what I can do to help Matt.

“The people doing all the clamoring tend to not know football as well as the people that are making (that) decision. I don’t want to be rude or anything, but the guys at home watching TV need to let the guys who know what they’re doing do their jobs.”

I love it... you tell 'em Chester!

Texan_Bill
09-23-2008, 09:09 AM
from link

I love it... you tell 'em Chester!

YUP!!! Right on!!

HJam72
09-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Quote:
“There’s no controversy, and Matt’s going to be fine,” Pitts said. “The biggest thing I do is look at the mirror and see what I can do to help Matt.

“The people doing all the clamoring tend to not know football as well as the people that are making (that) decision. I don’t want to be rude or anything, but the guys at home watching TV need to let the guys who know what they’re doing do their jobs.”

Well, that's true, but I do. :) I'm just too humble to say it. :shades:

HJam72
09-23-2008, 09:13 AM
The one serious thing I will say about that is who would Chester blame? I bet no matter who we blamed Chester would defend them (or at least not admit it). Somebody (at least one person) is not coaching well enough or not playing well enough. I don't blame Schaub for the biggest part of this mess, but I do blame him for some of it. He is not "making" plays, although he is forcing Ints. Maybe Rosenfels could do better....maybe not.

Hervoyel
09-23-2008, 09:14 AM
He's 100% correct in what he's saying but it would be a lot easier for those of us watching TV to just stick to what we do if those guys "who know what they're doing" would start looking like it at least part of the time.

Porky
I don't totally disagree with Chester on this, but was he saying the same thing when Dom Capers and Gary Kubiak were both in David Carr's jock?

Yankee_In_TX
Whatever, I CHOSE to go to law school. I could have been an NFL GM if I had wanted to.

Trail.Blazr
09-23-2008, 09:40 AM
I don’t want to be rude or anything, but the guys at home watching TV need to let the guys who know what they’re doing do their jobs

Shut up and win something
:bag:

nunusguy
09-23-2008, 09:51 AM
While I've always liked Chester and think he's an articulate and affable guy,
this sounds uncomfortably similar to the sort of language Kubiak is using.
So if Chester is just parroting the company line, I'm OK with that but I'm thinkin we gotta acknowledge that that line of thought is now close to being on borrowed time.

Thorn
09-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Why on earth would I stick to talking about something I might have knowledge of on an internet BBS? This is where folks kick and scream and make definitive statements about stuff they know nothing about.

I'll see your stupidity and raise mine two more about anything discussed here. I might be wrong, but I'm damn sure I believe in what I'm being pig headed about.

Double Barrel
09-23-2008, 10:46 AM
I don't totally disagree with Chester on this, but was he saying the same thing when Dom Capers and Gary Kubiak were both in David Carr's jock?

No doubt. I was thinking the same thing.

You're 0-2 after getting your asses handed to you, Chester. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the obvious here. You have been outplayed and outcoached. Let's see that fire you're directing at YOUR FANS next Sunday against the Jaguars. Otherwise, STFU. Fans have a right to be sick and tired of watching a losing product for seven years straight.

That crap is downright insulting, to be honest. Trust us, Chester, we know bad football when we see it. We've been conditioned to recognize it for seven seasons now.

FirstTexansFan
09-23-2008, 10:48 AM
I don't disagree with Pitts, I'm sure none of us are NFL material when it comes to making those decisions. But where we do qualify, we pay good money to *****, and thus are entitled to our opinions irregardless of our overall knowledge :)

Besides, what would this MB be without varied opinions? As much as I'd like to ring the necks of some of my fellow posters at times, I do concede it is their God given right to express whatever they choose, and it's my right to point out their ineptness with good natured ribbing and humor :)

Polo
09-23-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm with Chester.

Texans have played much worse football games in Gary's tenure and despite that the record has increased every year...

Two things have been consistent with Kubiak. Wins increase every year, fans ***** and moan the whole season long. I like my team...I like where we're going...Hasn't shown up in these first two weeks, but I think we'll play better as the year goes on...JMO...

Sure there are things that need to be worked on, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "we fans know what we're talking about"....that's a joke...

Grams
09-23-2008, 10:55 AM
It would just be nice to be able to watch a football game - good, bad or indifferent.

Second Honeymoon
09-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Chester needs to shut up and block someone. He is saying the right things but to try and turn it around on us fans and act like we are to blame for the criticism is just stinkin' thinkin'.

Anyone getting criticism at this point, deserves that criticism. The team has not been competitive and has played with little or not fire and about zilch leadership.

I like Matt....a lot. The guy just isn't getting the job done and if Pitts wants to act like things are fine and that the fans are making a mountain out of a molehill, that is his right....but he is wrong.

I just want to start over. It's obvious Kubiak isn't going to lead us to the playoffs much less the Super Bowl anytime soon, so what the hell are we waiting for. Can his ass and get someone who has the credentials and respect around the league....oh and someone whose Rolodex could populate a coaching staff better than Kubiak's make-do staff.

Coaching is probably the most important aspect of a team right behind the QB position and the organization needs some new blood. And Matt needs to change his jersey number because not only does his jersey share the same number of HWSNBN but his play is practically identical this year.

Hire Cowher, Jimmy J, Schottenheimer, hell I would even take Barry Switzer. Just someone that can actually inspire the troops and get a team fired up. It's obvious Kubiak can't do that because this is Year 3 and the team still comes out flat 9 out of 10 games.

Runner
09-23-2008, 11:18 AM
First of all, everybody is allowed to voice their opinion. I bet even Chester has some opinions on things other than football that he holds. I bet he even talks about them! Does he shut up about everything but football? Public scrutiny comes with the big paycheck.

Second of all, I'm absolutely certain some players share the opinions of the fans - they aren't stupid either, and football isn't rocket science.

That being said, I guess it is a good thing the players spout the parrty line as they've almost always done.

Porky
09-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Sure there are things that need to be worked on, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "we fans know what we're talking about"....that's a joke...

It's not so much that I think we fans know more than the coaches, my concern is we know the same.

Double Barrel
09-23-2008, 11:24 AM

I have to chuckle at his honorable falling-on-the-sword defense of a QB who just posted a 27.8 QB rating. I don't blame him, it's what linemen do for their QB. But it's not the fan's fault, Chester. It really isn't.

shhhhh, Chester thinks it's a brownie.... :secret:

TEXANRED
Sorry Chester but you wrong.

A lot of fans do more than just watch TV. At least here in Houston. And for the most part we are a pretty smart fan base.

We know what crap looks like, we had a pretty good model from years prior. So when we see, smell, or taste crap, well we know what it is.

5 INT's through 2 games and 1 TD in garbage time. I don't think even Carr was that bad.

But if Chester insists we can talk about his lack of run blocking and his ineffectiveness to reach the second level and open holes. We can always do that.

Polo
It's not so much that I think we fans know more than the coaches, my concern is we know the same.

I seriously doubt that.

Everyone is entitled to their concerns and opinions though.

TEXANRED
09-23-2008, 11:27 AM
I seriously doubt that.

You seriously doubt what?

TEXANRED
09-23-2008, 11:28 AM
I seriously doubt that.

Never mind.

Double Barrel
09-23-2008, 11:29 AM
I seriously doubt that.

Polo, you do know Chester is talking about you, too, yeah? :victory:

dskillz
09-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Chester can say what he wants publicly all he wants. But when Carr was here they all said the "right things" too in public, but privately felt very differently. I am thinking this will end up being a similiar situation if poor QB play continues.

J-Russ
09-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Those last two ints. that Schaub threw was in late in the game when he was trying to make some plays and a comeback. We were in desperation mode.

Really he should of had 2 tds and 1 ints.

Not to mention the line is doing a horrible job of blocking(he might not get sack alot, but he's still suffering from hits), and his receivers are dropping some of those good passes he does throw. Don't see how he can get in his groove or get any rhythm going.

Polo
09-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Polo, you do know Chester is talking about you, too, yeah? :victory:

Yeah..

And I'm not offended...

He said us fans tend to not know football as well as the people actually involved in the process.

He wasn't lying..not sure how anyone can dispute that...

After the second pre-season game the general consensus on the board was "Matt is our QB...I now see that"

I doubt the coaching staff gets as high with the highs and as low with the lows. Fans are such emotional creatures.

HoustonFrog
09-23-2008, 11:37 AM
What I agree with him on is that we aren't there for film sessions, practices, post-practice, weight room, etc. We don't know if alot of the problems are due to up front, Schaub himself, blown routes, bad execution as a whole, etc. We just clamor for the back-ups..well many do. So in that sense we don't know jack. I know alot about football and what I see but I don't know what they see day in and day out so I give him that.

Hagar
09-23-2008, 12:55 PM

“The people doing all the clamoring tend to not know football as well as the people that are making (that) decision. I don’t want to be rude or anything, but the guys at home watching TV need to let the guys who know what they’re doing do their jobs.”Yeah, but the funny thing is, those same people extended DC's contract when it was obvious he couldn't play anymore.

While I hate to quote Deon Sanders but "follow the money". This is all about ego and money right now. Kubes doesn't want to say he was wrong again about a QB.

Basically Kubes has two options:
1. bite the bullet and utilize the QB that makes quicker decisions and stays upright more, or
2. leave Schuab in the line-up against Jacksonville and let their defense pound him into the dirt like Tennessee’s defense did and we can put him on the IR for the rest of the season.

Polo
09-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah, but the funny thing is, those same people extended DC's contract when it was obvious he couldn't play anymore.

And a whole slew of fans praised the move.

da Bull
09-23-2008, 01:03 PM
If Pitts didn't help stink the place up 3/15-3rd down and 1/6 in the red zone maybe he wouldn't be quite so defensive. Besides, if it weren't for us non-professional football types paying his salary he would be back sacking groceries at "Ralph's".

So when Chester looks in the mirror what does he say, "Mirror, mirror on the wall who do I block when Matt's got the ball?"

Seriously though, I hope the whole line finds some attitude and becomes a bit more tender about their play. Maybe even try a cut-block or two on the Haynesworth types.

GP
09-23-2008, 01:16 PM
What I agree with him on is that we aren't there for film sessions, practices, post-practice, weight room, etc. We don't know if alot of the problems are due to up front, Schaub himself, blown routes, bad execution as a whole, etc. We just clamor for the back-ups..well many do. So in that sense we don't know jack. I know alot about football and what I see but I don't know what they see day in and day out so I give him that.

I think the biggest problem is that NFL pros are getting bogged down in post-game study, trying to dissect every little thing to death. Trying to pin-point all the little mistakes and then trying to cprrect all 135 of them.

At some point, a little simplicity is needed.

Here's simplicity: Matt Schaub is not getting it done, and he HASN'T been getting done since week 3 or 4 of last season.

Talk about the oline, the RBs, the WRs, and all that jazz. But at the end of the day, a QB is the guy who can trump those problems if he's good enough. Special QBs are just that: Special. In today's NFL, it's getting harder to find a special QB who can grab the team and force it to win.

Matt Schaub is incapable of overcoming lots of different wrinkles that are happening to our team, just as David Carr reached that ceiling and couldn't get through.

So I'd like to see Kubiak just drop the film dissection, stop the "evaluating," and just bring the guys together and say "What we did in training camp has GOT to be done on the field. Today. Or I'm bringing back some guys I cut when I made room for YOU on the roster."

I mean, through all the bad stuff...Steve Slaton is making a way for himself.

Heck, Jacques Reeves is showing that he WANTS to play for this team. He made a split-second move on the ball, and grabbed an interception that he had to adjust and break toward--yeah, it was a small break, but nonetheless he TRIED. And he's a guy who's been ragged on everywhere he's been. He isn't dogging it out there. He isn't accepting a fate that he can't control. I bet he's just tired of being ragged; tired of losing on a personal level. His play, out of all our defensive guys, has been solid thus far.

The point is this: Pitts' is trying to throw flares and distract the missiles coming towards him and the QB. AJ is angry; he's a zombie out there, and I think that's directed toward the QB and a little toward the oline. I think his "I look in the mirror and think 'What can I do for Matt'..." comments MIGHT be directed at AJ a little bit. Because it sure seems to me that AJ is dogging it a little bit out there, trying to make a statement on something.

Look, this team is on the edge. The Jags game is the turning point one way or the other, I think.

Texans34Life
09-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Ok, Chester, I really don't care what you have to say. We'll keep watching on TV the continuous tradition of losing.

Please stop talking to us, get your fat butt on the field and fix that OL.

Hey, here's an idea......why don't you go out there, do your job and win?

Buffi2
09-23-2008, 01:39 PM
I'll give Chester the fact that I don't know as much about football as those who are paid. But - I do know a missed tackle and a missed block when I see one. Goodness knows we are all experts on QB sacks and bad throws. I know a pass rush and a run defense when I see it although I probably know more about not seeing it.

It only follows that if I'm watching the Texans play and I see interceptions, missed blocks, missed tackles, no pass or run defense with said defense running up and down the field at will - I am watching a team that needs some help/changes/something.

So, Chester Cutie, I will stop complaining when you guys start playing some kind of football that this fan can recognize as NFL caliber.

GP
09-23-2008, 02:45 PM
I'll give Chester the fact that I don't know as much about football as those who are paid. But - I do know a missed tackle and a missed block when I see one. Goodness knows we are all experts on QB sacks and bad throws. I know a pass rush and a run defense when I see it although I probably know more about not seeing it.

It only follows that if I'm watching the Texans play and I see interceptions, missed blocks, missed tackles, no pass or run defense with said defense running up and down the field at will - I am watching a team that needs some help/changes/something.

So, Chester Cutie, I will stop complaining when you guys start playing some kind of football that this fan can recognize as NFL caliber.

I think Chester might have goofed when he railed on the fans.

Not seeing too many "Gee whiz, Chester! You're right: We are so stupid!" replies.

Here's my public service announcement for Texans fans:

"Texans fans don't let Texans fans watch bad Texans football without using the 'fast forward x 2' feature on the DVR remote."

This ad has been paid for by Texans Fans For Decent Football, and we approve this message.

thegr8fan
09-23-2008, 02:58 PM
I don’t want to be rude or anything, but the guys at home watching TV need to let the guys who know what they’re doing do their jobs.” I don't want to be rude or anything, but the guys at home watching TV NEED to let the guys know who (apparently)don't know what they're doing, because they ARE NOT doing their job.

I don't have to be a professional hunter to know a SKUNK stinks.

I also don't have to be a professional NFL football personnel to know that the Texans stink.

here's a hint, Mr. Pitts. DO your job and win the game or be competitive on the field. THEN the guys watching TV won't have to do theirs, which is to CLAMOR for some fixes.

HoustonFrog
09-23-2008, 03:03 PM
I think the biggest problem is that NFL pros are getting bogged down in post-game study, trying to dissect every little thing to death. Trying to pin-point all the little mistakes and then trying to cprrect all 135 of them.

At some point, a little simplicity is needed.

Here's simplicity: Matt Schaub is not getting it done, and he HASN'T been getting done since week 3 or 4 of last season.

Talk about the oline, the RBs, the WRs, and all that jazz. But at the end of the day, a QB is the guy who can trump those problems if he's good enough. Special QBs are just that: Special. In today's NFL, it's getting harder to find a special QB who can grab the team and force it to win.

Matt Schaub is incapable of overcoming lots of different wrinkles that are happening to our team, just as David Carr reached that ceiling and couldn't get through.

Blah, blah, blah............................................

I quit not long into it. I know your M.O. Bringing Sage in, IMHO, might switch things up if Schaub continues to play bad but Sage isn't the answer either. In fact Sage's play last year didn't inspire confidence either so overall my theory is that if Schaub fails we are stuck with two backups again and need to get another to groom. As for your post..I don't see Schaub dogging it. I see him sucking right now.

GP
09-23-2008, 03:16 PM
I quit not long into it. I know your M.O. Bringing Sage in, IMHO, might switch things up if Schaub continues to play bad but Sage isn't the answer either. In fact Sage's play last year didn't inspire confidence either so overall my theory is that if Schaub fails we are stuck with two backups again and need to get another to groom. As for your post..I don't see Schaub dogging it. I see him sucking right now.

I didn't say Schaub is DOGGING it. AJ is, and he's tired of seeing No. 8 eat turf all the time.

I am not going to be a model on the front cover of GQ. And Matt Schaub is not going to translate into the QB that you guys think he will. Wishing it, hoping for it, and ragging the backup who has a 4-1 mark as a starter last season isn't cutting it anymore, Frog.

You've now crossed over into believing your own idea at ANY cost, even at the cost of not being able to see what is so obvious: Matt Schaub is NOT the answer here. I don't need 3-5 years to figure it out like I did with David Carr.

But go ahead and use your legal skills all you want.

Matt Schaub sucks, but Sage would probably have a better chance of rallying this team right now.

Oh, and by the way: I go VERY far (Just for you, homie!) to preface that I don't think Sage is a world beater. He's not. But he's a hell of a lot better than the guy you think is going to pull out of his slump. And I think THAT'S what makes you hate me so much. You know I'm right, but you ain't going to swallow your pride on it.

Choke on it all you want, pal. Crap, i think you might even be Gary Kubiak at this point. Same stubborness to neglect such an obvious problem.

We know how this goes: You flame me, I flame you. On and on and on...

So, I guess it's started. I knew as soon as I quoted you that I'd be getting the 3rd degree from you. LOL. And I thought I did extremely well to not really attack you when I quoted you. Guess not.

SCHAUB SUCKS. Live with it.

HoustonFrog
09-23-2008, 03:29 PM
I didn't say Schaub is DOGGING it. AJ is, and he's tired of seeing No. 8 eat turf all the time.

I am not going to be a model on the front cover of GQ. And Matt Schaub is not going to translate into the QB that you guys think he will. Wishing it, hoping for it, and ragging the backup who has a 4-1 mark as a starter last season isn't cutting it anymore, Frog.

You've now crossed over into believing your own idea at ANY cost, even at the cost of not being able to see what is so obvious: Matt Schaub is NOT the answer here. I don't need 3-5 years to figure it out like I did with David Carr.

But go ahead and use your legal skills all you want.

Matt Schaub sucks, but Sage would probably have a better chance of rallying this team right now.

Oh, and by the way: I go VERY far (Just for you, homie!) to preface that I don't think Sage is a world beater. He's not. But he's a hell of a lot better than the guy you think is going to pull out of his slump. And I think THAT'S what makes you hate me so much. You know I'm right, but you ain't going to swallow your pride on it.

Choke on it all you want, pal. Crap, i think you might even be Gary Kubiak at this point. Same stubborness to neglect such an obvious problem.

We know how this goes: You flame me, I flame you. On and on and on...

So, I guess it's started. I knew as soon as I quoted you that I'd be getting the 3rd degree from you. LOL. And I thought I did extremely well to not really attack you when I quoted you. Guess not.

SCHAUB SUCKS. Live with it.

What are you talking about? You are doing the same thing you did last season. You really need to stop breathing so hard and typing so much and just read. Nothing in my response is personal. I just said i know your M.O. because you are here non-stop when Schaub doesn't play well and you disappear if Sage doesn't play well. You were on the Sage bandwagon all last year.

I've never said Schaub was the answer. I've never said he was to be kept in no matter what. In fact I just said he sucked. I realized his limitations last year.

What I did last year was spell out to you, while you foamed at the mouth, that Sage was doing no better stat wise than Schaub was and that was with a healthy AJ. I pointed out that Sage had to make the miracle Titan comeback you kept bringing up because Sage put us in the hole. I pointed at stats from Game 1 until the end of the season and laid it out for you. You disappeared and hid in a shell when Sage didn't do well. You have been the stubborn one not realizing the situation.

Overall me thinking we might have two backups is nothing for you to get riled up about or to keep ramming down people's throats. I have a feeling we will see Sage this season and be at the same place. He might even start next year as we get a rookie ready to play. I'm all for who gives us the best chance. Last year I thought it was a healthy Schaub with a healthy AJ. This year I think he is terrible so far. I have no allegiance to him.

By the way, neg repping someone for a comment you didn't even understand to start with is pretty petty and childish. If you can't talk football without the dissent showing you where your arguments may be wrong, then you don't belong here.

Grid
09-23-2008, 03:40 PM
I dont think Chester was saying that people arent allowed to express their opinion.. I think he was saying that people who dont know football shouldnt be trying to pressure the team into doing something that the people in charge have a better understanding of.

In other words... bitching on the messageboard is ok.. writing letters, petitioning, calling into radio shows in an attempt to sway the masses to your point of view in order to put pressure on the team to do what you want them to do.. etc..etc.. that isnt right.

HoustonFrog
09-23-2008, 03:41 PM
I dont think Chester was saying that people arent allowed to express their opinion.. I think he was saying that people who dont know football shouldnt be trying to pressure the team into doing something that the people in charge have a better understanding of.

In other words... bitching on the messageboard is ok.. writing letters, petitioning, calling into radio shows in an attempt to sway the masses to your point of view in order to put pressure on the team to do what you want them to do.. etc..etc.. that isnt right.

Well said.

Texan_Bill
09-23-2008, 03:44 PM
By the way, neg repping someone for a comment you didn't even understand to start with is pretty petty and childish.

You got your rep. points back... and than some. ;)

cuppacoffee
09-23-2008, 03:47 PM

The people doing all the clamoring tend to not know football as well as the people that are making (that) decision. I don’t want to be rude or anything, but the guys at home watching TV need to let the guys who know what they’re doing do their jobs.”

Who are these guys playing/coaching for the Texans who actually know what they are doing. Pitts needs to watch a replay of the first two games and point out to us just who the guys are who are doing their jobs. Texan fans really want to know.

Schaub...throwing interceptions?

AJ dropping passes?

Kubiak sleeping at the wheel when it comes to challenging a horrendous call?

Coaches in the pressbox?...eating nachos I suppose. Obviously they're not paying attention to what's happening on the field. :joker:

Schaub has a lot to prove. Was he worth the two's. So far, the answer is a resounding no. He looks eerily similiar to our previous #8, and that guy was tarred and feathered and run out of town.

Some Texans fans are warming up the tar. Chickens everywhere are hiding in fear..:chicken:

:coffee:

HoustonFrog
09-23-2008, 03:49 PM
You got your rep. points back... and than some. ;)

You're the man TB. Thanks!

thegr8fan
09-23-2008, 03:51 PM
I am not going to try and interpret Chester Pitt's intent of his comments.

I am going to express my opinion where it really matters. Not on a message board, or on radio, press, etc. I am going to express it by not attending the game. I am going to sit at home and watch TV, per Mr. Pitts advice. I might even check in and see what the Texans score is. Perhaps.

When the Texans are playing to a crowd of crickets, then they might appreciate some of their fans PASSION for the game, usually presented in a CLAMORING manner.

beerlover
09-23-2008, 03:56 PM
its just the beginning of the season, it hasn't got ugly yet but there is some potential for it to happen :foottap:

Double Barrel
09-23-2008, 04:00 PM

It's curious, because it's kinda' weird what he was implying. He said "let the guys who know what they’re doing do their jobs.”

How are we preventing them from doing their jobs? Nobody is doing anything but talking in the fanbase. There are no blockades, pickets, or riots ensuing which prevents the "guys who know what they’re doing" from "doing do their jobs." Nobody has even brought up a boycott.

It's a just weird thing to say in a way, and it is speculation on our part as to what the intention behind his statement was at the end of the day. But, really, WTF is he talking about if it's not the disgruntled fans being disgusted with that crap on the field? idonno:

I am going to express it by not attending the game.

Straight up. There is potential for this fanbase to say what they mean with their feet. Perhaps those overpriced PSL's aren't all that in the face of a continually bad product. Heck, we even have one of our most diehard fanatics talking about walking.

Chester needs to man up and understand that what he is hearing from the fanbase is born of PASSION.

spurstexanstros
09-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Quote:

Holy Crap reason on the boards and by a football player....wow. what a concept

spurstexanstros
09-23-2008, 04:07 PM
It's curious, because it's kinda' weird what he was implying. He said "let the guys who know what they’re doing do their jobs.”

How are we preventing them from doing their jobs? Nobody is doing anything but talking in the fanbase. There are no blockades, pickets, or riots ensuing which prevents the "guys who know what they’re doing" from "doing do their jobs." Nobody has even brought up a boycott.

It's a just weird thing to say in a way, and it is speculation on our part as to what the intention behind his statement was at the end of the day. But, really, WTF is he talking about if it's not the disgruntled fans being disgusted with that crap on the field? idonno:

Straight up. There is potential for this fanbase to say what they mean with their feet. Perhaps those overpriced PSL's aren't all that in the face of a continually bad product. Heck, we even have one of our most diehard fanatics talking about walking.

Chester needs to man up and understand that what he is hearing from the fanbase is born of PASSION.

On second thought I was wondering if Pitts told that to David Carr right after he let another lineman sack him. Or is he now saying that to Matt?
Hey Chester... stop running from the cops and make a freaking block on the inside blitz...thank you!!! (All Houston Texans Qbs past and present)

Runner
09-23-2008, 05:14 PM
I just have two questions. What are those fans at home doing that is stopping the guys that know what they are doing from doing their jobs? Talk about projecting blame.

Chester has always been about Chester and no one else. He should look to himself to see what he can do to solve some of the problems on this team. I'm sure it would be too much to ask that he be a team leader, but wouldn't it be better for the team if the senior offensive lineman at least led the o-line instead of being a prima donna?

Heath Shuler
09-23-2008, 05:33 PM
And a whole slew of fans praised the move.
I don’t know what your definition of a “slew” (and I clearly was not a member of the “slew”) is, but even if a “slew” praised the decision, it still was a bad decision.

Hey Chester, go win some football games, then maybe you can run your mouth about the fans.

2BCF
09-23-2008, 05:40 PM
When can we expect the YouTube video from Pitts, "Leave Matt Alone!"?

GP
09-23-2008, 11:55 PM
What are you talking about? You are doing the same thing you did last season. You really need to stop breathing so hard and typing so much and just read. Nothing in my response is personal. I just said i know your M.O. because you are here non-stop when Schaub doesn't play well and you disappear if Sage doesn't play well. You were on the Sage bandwagon all last year.

I've never said Schaub was the answer. I've never said he was to be kept in no matter what. In fact I just said he sucked. I realized his limitations last year.

What I did last year was spell out to you, while you foamed at the mouth, that Sage was doing no better stat wise than Schaub was and that was with a healthy AJ. I pointed out that Sage had to make the miracle Titan comeback you kept bringing up because Sage put us in the hole. I pointed at stats from Game 1 until the end of the season and laid it out for you. You disappeared and hid in a shell when Sage didn't do well. You have been the stubborn one not realizing the situation.

Overall me thinking we might have two backups is nothing for you to get riled up about or to keep ramming down people's throats. I have a feeling we will see Sage this season and be at the same place. He might even start next year as we get a rookie ready to play. I'm all for who gives us the best chance. Last year I thought it was a healthy Schaub with a healthy AJ. This year I think he is terrible so far. I have no allegiance to him.

By the way, neg repping someone for a comment you didn't even understand to start with is pretty petty and childish. If you can't talk football without the dissent showing you where your arguments may be wrong, then you don't belong here.

I'm sorry, Frog. I just can't take you seriously anymore now that I read your admission of being a Cowboys fan.

That sealed it for me. How can a Texans fan be a Cowboys fan, too?

LOL.

Houston Frog = Dallas Cowboy.

Why in the wide world of sports are you even admitting this on here? And why choose to disclose it now? What's the motivation, Froggie?

You are a lawyer. Enough said. Continue your cross examination, Mr. Big Shot Cowboys Fan.

And "Yeah" I neg repped you because I knew it'd get your blood boiling. You are the guy who takes himself too seriously. You're the type of guy who can't laugh at himself because you're to cool for school. I neg repped you because your new name should be Back Pedal. "I, uh, am not, uh, happy with the, uh, way Schaub is playing right now..." Continue, Obama, to spin your way out of this.

You supported Schaub. Period. Between Sage and Schaub, you think Schaub is better. But pull your Bill Clinton Triangulation all you want, pal. Sage was 4-1 as a starter, and he looks better than the human sandwich does. I'd take Sage over Schaub any day. I bet 90% of the people here would, too.

START SAGE!!!

(LOL!!!)

jdog
09-24-2008, 12:10 AM
I watched the video, and these guys are clearly frustrated. Andre Johnson said they are trying to win. Chester Pitts told the fans to leave them alone. It's frustration. What's frustration? It's not knowing what to do or not knowing what to do differently. So, I might be ignorant and sitting at home, but you guys obviously don't know what you're doing. Your fans are your clients, and you don't insult your clients. Why not insult the other professional football players who are no doubt making fun of your inability to be competitive at a high level as a professional. Oh, right, they know more than you. So, you're right. Leave it to the people who know what they're doing. Do what the winners are doing. I'm just a know nothing ***** couch potato, but I'm guessing the winners watch more tape and care more about winning and wouldn't cry about it and wouldn't blame the fans. Hey, this is a rude, angry ranting post, but I really love this team and the players. I just want to see you do well, so point all of that energy from your frustration toward something that will help you win and don't point it at me.

vtech9
09-24-2008, 12:11 AM
OK...I haven't said anything since pre-season because I wanted to see if things changed. I said in pre-season that Matt looked like he was trying to hide a rotator cuff injury. His throws are eratic. Even the ones he does complete, most of them aren't very good passes. I've had a rotator cuff injury, so I'm a bit familiar with it. I seriously think he should be checked out. It may not be his rotator cuff, but I'd be willing to bet that he is having some kind of shoulder problems.

GP
09-24-2008, 12:18 AM

I am calling major B.S. on this, Frog.

You threw your allegiance to Schaub in a BIG way. I can only find posts from you going back to July of this year, so I can't quote you exactly...but you are lying when you say that you didn't have allegiance to him. I said Sage would be a better QB than Schaub, and you heckled me to no end for it.

Heres a run down of what I have said:

1. Matt Schaub is not "it" and is not the long-term starter of this team (about week 4 or 5 of last season). I haven't budged on that issue ONE BIT. Never. I have never been so sure of anything in my life like I am sure of that statement, both then AND now.

2. It is patently ABSURD that Matt Schaub does not have to face a competition for starting QB. He is not a Pro Bowler, he's a no-name. And another no-name is 4-1 for this team last season as a starter.

3. Just as people whined about "When are we ever going to get an OL in the first round," I predicted this summer that Texans fans on this board are going to be clamoring for a first round QB or at least a really high-rated QB. Frog, you're already seeing the writing on the wall because you say in your post that Sage is likely going to be grooming said drafted QB next year. Well, where is Schaub in that picture? You must have him getting cut in the offseason I guess. All of your arguments with me on this issue have been about how foolish it is for me to even begin to think that Sage is better than Schaub.

You threw out your allegiance to Schaub, and you blasted me for my assertion that Sage is better than Schaub. There's no spinning this one, Frog.

:zipit:

P.S. It is kinda' sweet how you track me down and flame me...but yet you don't reply to all the other "Start Sage" posters. Makes me feel special.

HoustonFrog
09-24-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm sorry, Frog. I just can't take you seriously anymore now that I read your admission of being a Cowboys fan.

That sealed it for me. How can a Texans fan be a Cowboys fan, too?

LOL.

Houston Frog = Dallas Cowboy.

Why in the wide world of sports are you even admitting this on here? And why choose to disclose it now? What's the motivation, Froggie?

You are a lawyer. Enough said. Continue your cross examination, Mr. Big Shot Cowboys Fan.

And "Yeah" I neg repped you because I knew it'd get your blood boiling. You are the guy who takes himself too seriously. You're the type of guy who can't laugh at himself because you're to cool for school. I neg repped you because your new name should be Back Pedal. "I, uh, am not, uh, happy with the, uh, way Schaub is playing right now..." Continue, Obama, to spin your way out of this.

You supported Schaub. Period. Between Sage and Schaub, you think Schaub is better. But pull your Bill Clinton Triangulation all you want, pal. Sage was 4-1 as a starter, and he looks better than the human sandwich does. I'd take Sage over Schaub any day. I bet 90% of the people here would, too.

START SAGE!!!

(LOL!!!)

You need serious help. Shall we bring up last seasons threads where you made up facts, ignored stats and wrote me PMs yelling me down saying that you never said something when it was later pointed out you did?Inferiority complex anyone.

If you can answer this simple question without being the immature 32 going 18 with no football knowledge that you are then you will see how futile you are....show me one post or thread this year or offseason or season where I brought up Schaub and how he is "the man." You can't. I even said he sucked. Every statistical argument I made last year was more against the over the top "Sage Love" than for Schaub. In fact I like Sage and didn't mind him as the starter last year if we didn't get Schaub. I just pointed out to the blind lovers that Schaub did well until injuries and no AJ. Look it up. Aren't you a guy who did this exact same thing for Carr?Nuff said.

Texan_Bill
09-24-2008, 10:20 AM
I have stats that show Sage is better, specifically as a starter. It's called "4-1."

:hmmm: It only took him until his sixth year in the league to get that first win as a starter...

HoustonFrog
09-24-2008, 10:35 AM
I have stats that show Sage is better, specifically as a starter. It's called "4-1."

You throw in the AJ factor as if it's some Golden Trump Card.

Acting like I am mentally challenged for asking Sage to AT LEAST get a chance to win the starting job is something you have done to me. You're always ripping into me, but you don't do this to the other posters........................................... ..

My first post to you this season mentioned your "MO" and this is character assassination?There was nothing personal. I never threatened you with legal talk either. I only told you that your stalking was becoming creepy and mentioning me in threads I didn't participate in was kind of scary. You're really losing it and riled up because I think both guys might be career backups. Please just avoid me from now on and I'll go along with enjoying everyone else not screaming in people's faces.

Tailgate
09-24-2008, 10:36 AM
This is Chester saying calm the EFF down. Its only game two after playing two of the best defenses in the league on the road while having to deal with alot of new moving parts.......not to mention having to deal with the likes of IKE. The season is FAR from lost.

GP
09-24-2008, 10:36 AM
:hmmm: It only took him until his sixth year in the league to get that first win as a starter...

Yeah, but...

We're talking about 2007 and 2008 here. Kerry Collins was labeled a bust, too, and he beat us last Sunday. So, the whole idea that journeyman QB can't get over the top is not really a solid one (to me).

In our situation, Sage has been outplaying Matt Schaub for awhile now.

Someone else says, according to his messages to me, that he never thought Schaub was all that special...he says he thought Schaub was better than Sage last year. Oh, and he throws in the disclaimer of "When Schaub was healthy and had AJ, too." Out of the two guys, I'd throw my lot in with Sage. He'd throw interceptions, he's lose games, too. But he runs this team better, and people know it. Losing two draft picks is what has some people refusing to accept that the gamble didn't pay off and WON'T pay off, IMO.

I supported Carr and wanted to see what he could do with a different coach (Kubiak). Turns out, the rest of the team is not as bad as a BAD quarterback can make them look. We have the same thing happening, and the fact that Schaub saw no need in sporting a jersey number other than #8 is a brutal twist of foreshadowing. I mean, this should have been Priority Number 1 for both Schaub and the FO: "Number 8 is no bueno."

I can not figure out why there is such a disdain for Sage Rosenfels, as if he hasn't earned anything. Dude should have demanded a trade or release this past offseason. Of course, as I have said in my other posts on this topic: Sage knew he'd be in the cockpit by about week 4 or 5 anyways, so might as well stay with the Texans rather than chaging scenery.

Texan_Bill
09-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Rosenfels IS a career back-up... Schaub is just a couple of games away from being a career back-up.

GP
09-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Rosenfels IS a career back-up... Schaub is just a couple of games away from being a career back-up.

I won't argue that.

But in Texans Land, where Kubiak is the mayor and McNair is the governor, Sage is better than Schaub. No doubt in my mind.

Who would look better leading the Vikings: Sage or Schaub? I'd say Sage would beat out Schaub on any team. Sage won't beat out the vast majority of other starters on other teams...I'm not that delusional.

I just see THIS team, the ONLY team I support and follow with my heart and soul (hmmm....) as being in better hands TODAY with Sage rather than Schaub.

GP
09-24-2008, 10:44 AM
I don't want to stray off this thread's topic, though.

So...I am looking forward to seeing how the team plays vs. Jax.

If Schaub plays well, and the sack numbers and/or hurries are limited, then there will be the usual collective sigh of relief around here. Pitts will have looked like a genius for saying what he said.

Which is a cyclical thing, btw. LOL. Texans always seem to give their fans a breather, give them hope, and then WHAM! another punch to the gut of sanity.

Chance_C
09-24-2008, 10:50 AM
i don't want to stray off this thread's topic, though.

lol!!

Texan_Bill
09-24-2008, 10:54 AM
I'd say Sage would beat out Schaub on any team.

Signed,

The Washington Redskins and Miami Dolphins

Neither quarterback has enough starts under their belts to be one full season. One guy is about to turn 30 and one guy 28. One guy has been given an opportunity to start (prior to joining the Texans); One guy is getting the opportunity now.

I have noticed the reference to a 4-1 record. Can you tell me what 5 starts those were?

infantrycak
09-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Guys--talk about the thread and the Texans and not each other.

HoustonFrog
09-24-2008, 10:58 AM

Will do. You look great :)

GP
09-24-2008, 11:08 AM

"It's nuthin' but the straight and narrow, from now on, for me."

-- Oh Brother Where Art Thou

jdog
09-24-2008, 05:31 PM
This is Chester saying calm the EFF down. Its only game two after playing two of the best defenses in the league on the road while having to deal with alot of new moving parts.......not to mention having to deal with the likes of IKE. The season is FAR from lost.

You are probably right, but I have a problem with this thinking. You hear winning teams absolutely freaking out about the possibility of starting the season 0-2, but we're just like, "Hey, calm down. It's a long season. There's plenty more games." This is the mentality that loses games for us when we're playing people that are focused on clawing their way to a win at the end of the game no matter what it takes. Maybe our guys are in the fourth quarter thinking, "Hey, there's plenty more games." Next thing you know, it's, "Hey, there's always next season."

HJam72
09-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Don't worry, next year we can get back to 2-14. Everything will be fine. :thinking:

Honoring Earl 34
09-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Am I the only one who's old enough to have been able to listen to the Ray Childress show in the early 90's ?

His host was Ed Fowler I think on 740 . If the Oilers lost Ray was a big grouch . He'd would have answered the Schaub question with probably " I don't know I'm just trying to do my job " .

threetoedpete
09-25-2008, 01:49 AM
Chester needs to shut up and block someone. He is saying the right things but to try and turn it around on us fans and act like we are to blame for the criticism is just stinkin' thinkin'.

Anyone getting criticism at this point, deserves that criticism. The team has not been competitive and has played with little or not fire and about zilch leadership.

I like Matt....a lot. The guy just isn't getting the job done and if Pitts wants to act like things are fine and that the fans are making a mountain out of a molehill, that is his right....but he is wrong.

I just want to start over. It's obvious Kubiak isn't going to lead us to the playoffs much less the Super Bowl anytime soon, so what the hell are we waiting for. Can his ass and get someone who has the credentials and respect around the league....oh and someone whose Rolodex could populate a coaching staff better than Kubiak's make-do staff.

Coaching is probably the most important aspect of a team right behind the QB position and the organization needs some new blood. And Matt needs to change his jersey number because not only does his jersey share the same number of HWSNBN but his play is practically identical this year.

Hire Cowher, Jimmy J, Schottenheimer, hell I would even take Barry Switzer. Just someone that can actually inspire the troops and get a team fired up. It's obvious Kubiak can't do that because this is Year 3 and the team still comes out flat 9 out of 10 games.

OK for the twentieth time ....every time and I mean every time you make a major change in a team....like at QB, it costs you five years. We are in our third year of hell from the D change and the he who should not be named change. So what you are telling me when you post this type of crap is A. You know absolutely nothing about football. And B. you've got the attention span of a two year old. I got it. You're impatient and now want to begin another five year run of starting over. It's stoopid on it's face. Eventually, you make a stand and let the GD thing play out.