PDA

View Full Version : Whiskey or Milk Shakes?

kcdoubleeagle
09-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Okay....Haynseworth comes up for free agency next season but I am sure we will not go after him because of his "bad attitude"....Tank Johnson was available at defensive tackle but we would have nothing to do with him because he got a DUI and owned guns.....Moss...TO....PacMan??? They all seem to be flourishing in this league....HOW ABOUT MY FANTASY STAR BRANDON MARSHALL!!! I mean Denver didn't get rid of him and he looks to be the best receiver in the game....

Let's stop with the idea that all our players have to be perfect citizens....what is the difference between someone caught with pot or a DUI and many who weren't??? They just didn't get caught....If you think all these players are angels you are sadly mistaken...

Let's get Haynesworth next year....let's go after some top O-lineman...let's bring in Shawn "STEROID" Merriman...come on stop being such a pu$$y Bob McNair...not everyone can be the golden boy DAVID "MITTENS" CARR...

"They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games."

-Casey Stengel

LonerATO
09-22-2008, 09:24 PM
2nd that

BSofA04
09-22-2008, 09:35 PM
I'd rather have Julius Peppers, but your point is good.

Honoring Earl 34
09-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Kubiak says hell alot .

09-22-2008, 09:51 PM
whiskey or milk shakes? how about a white russian? or two? or three? or four?

hollywood_texan
09-22-2008, 09:51 PM

We had our chance back in 2002

Goldensilence
09-22-2008, 09:57 PM
We had our chance back in 2002

It'll be like a mulligan. Better late then never. That'd be a sick bookend.

Wolf
09-22-2008, 10:32 PM
It'll be like a mulligan. Better late then never. That'd be a sick bookend.

you forgot the Richard Smith factor ..

superdave532
09-23-2008, 03:03 AM
you're valuing winning football games over being a decent human being? sure a lot of players don't get caught doing what these guys you mentioned did, but that doesn't mean everyone in the league is a wife beating alcoholic.

i don't understand why you would ever want to cheer for someone that you know is a bad person. yeah haynesworth is a good player, but he's a player that stomped on a guy's unprotected head with his sharp football cleats. what if he had seriously injured the guy, which he damn well could have?

there's something to be said for winning the right way. if that takes losing the right way then so be it.. but i don't see the point of cheering for someone who wins the wrong way.

BigWig
09-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Not that I think Cedric is the answer either but he could fall into that category. There are lots of upstanding citizens who have gotten a DUI before and still became productive citizens.

Texan_Bill
09-23-2008, 07:50 AM
There are lots of upstanding citizens who have gotten a DUI before and still became productive citizens.

Very true!!!

Signed,

Craig Biggio

Honoring Earl 34
09-23-2008, 08:05 AM
you're valuing winning football games over being a decent human being? sure a lot of players don't get caught doing what these guys you mentioned did, but that doesn't mean everyone in the league is a wife beating alcoholic.

i don't understand why you would ever want to cheer for someone that you know is a bad person. yeah haynesworth is a good player, but he's a player that stomped on a guy's unprotected head with his sharp football cleats. what if he had seriously injured the guy, which he damn well could have?

there's something to be said for winning the right way. if that takes losing the right way then so be it.. but i don't see the point of cheering for someone who wins the wrong way.

Right now our choice is losing the right way .

Blake
09-23-2008, 08:13 AM
What makes any of you think that Albert would want to come to the Texans? IMO he thinks this organization is a joke.

kcdoubleeagle
09-23-2008, 08:48 AM

Well In a word....YEAH.....

Football is a violent game...now I don't want any double murderers (OJ) or rapist or child and women beaters....but Haynesworth made a mistake in an extremely violent game....

Merriman got caught with steroids....but he just got caught...how many do you think actually do it? I would bet a very large portion. Randy Moss and TO are just big pre-madonnas but they sure as hell produce on the football field....

And even more importantly...I believe in giving people second chances. If they continue to screw up then get rid of em....very low risk acquisition....

Don't be so quick to lay your judgement...have you ever been given a second chance?

BTW....it seems to be working out for Dallas. Also, instead of just being seen as a thug culture...they seem to be working with these trouble makers and helping to change their lives for the positive.

Hervoyel
09-23-2008, 09:17 AM
you forgot the Richard Smith factor ..

True

How cool would it be to see both Mario Williams AND Julius Peppers drop back into coverage on the same play?

Richard Smith can make that happen.

Texan_Bill
09-23-2008, 09:19 AM
I've been known to throw a shot of whiskey in my milk shake.... :spy:

nero THE zero
09-23-2008, 09:25 AM

You'd rather have an over-the-hill DE than the best DL in the game, who's in his prime?

I understand the cap implication complicate the situation, but I think the disparity in a age and talent trumps that factor in this case.

Wolf
09-23-2008, 09:30 AM
True

How cool would it be to see both Mario Williams AND Julius Peppers drop back into coverage on the same play?

Richard Smith can make that happen.

:spit: lol:

Corrosion
09-23-2008, 09:32 AM
I've been known to throw a shot of whiskey in my milk shake.... :spy:

You can have my milk shake .... I'll just have a whiskey. :shots:

HOU-TEX
09-23-2008, 09:33 AM
You'd rather have an over-the-hill DE than the best DL in the game, who's in his prime?

I understand the cap implication complicate the situation, but I think the disparity in a age and talent trumps that factor in this case.

Peppers is only 28 years old. That's over the hill? If that's over the hill then Strahan would've been in a wheelchair in his Depend under garments.

BTW, I think Fat Al is only a year younger than Peppers. Nice call. LOL

ChampionTexan
09-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Peppers is only 28 years old. That's over the hill? If that's over the hill then Strahan would've been in a wheelchair in his Depend under garments.

BTW, I think Fat Al is only a year younger than Peppers. Nice call. LOL

Ageed - Peppers clearly had a subpar year in '07, but he had 13 sacks in '06, and calling one guy "in his prime", while calling another guy who's less than one year older "Over the Hill" strikes me as a little bit off base.

That said, I'd rather see how Peppers looks over the remaining 13 games before I say anything about wanting him as a FA acquisition. I believe Young Texan Fan started a thread proposing Terrell Suggs as the top FA target for next year, and I think that's pretty interesting also.

Finally, Haynesworth scares me not because of his checkered past (although I think the idea of thuggishness being a PLUS is ignorant), but because I don't remember him in the conversation for the best DT in the league prior to last year when he was playing for a contract. The Franchise tag put him in a situation to be playing for a contract for a second year in a row, but if he gets a big payday starting in '09, I wonder if he reverts back to the form of his first 5 years in the league, where to the best of my recollection, he was solid, but never even made a Pro-Bowl, and typically wasn't included when you talked top DLs/DTs.

Blazing Arrow
09-23-2008, 03:29 PM
What makes any of you think that Albert would want to come to the Texans? IMO he thinks this organization is a joke.

I doubt AH leaves the Titans. He was given an incentive based 1 year extention while they work out the kinks. He will return and hey we might be a certain QB less in salary cap by the end of the season so that would help.

Ryan
09-23-2008, 03:44 PM
I doubt AH leaves the Titans. He was given an incentive based 1 year extention while they would out the kinds. He will return and hey we might be a certain QB less in salary cap by the end of the season so that would help.

Certainly not sausage boy though. He just wins!

Spled
09-23-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't see Tennessee letting him get away. He defines their defense.

BSofA04
09-23-2008, 06:21 PM

Actually Peppers has been looking very good this season. Of course Haynesworth would be a good option, but no way in hell he'd come to the Texans. Plus, a lot of us "die-hards" wouldn't want to see fat albert in a Texan's uniform.

Blazing Arrow
09-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Certainly not sausage boy though. He just wins!

Can't win games if you are not willing to get on the field.

Corrosion
09-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Actually Peppers has been looking very good this season. Of course Haynesworth would be a good option, but no way in hell he'd come to the Texans. Plus, a lot of us "die-hards" wouldn't want to see fat albert in a Texan's uniform.

I dunno which I would find worse ....

Albert Putos an Astro

or

Fat Albert a Texan

No doubt both could help the teams in question but .... I just dont think I could stomach it .... It just wouldnt be right.