PDA

View Full Version : Was Last Year a Ceiling?

HoustonFrog
09-22-2008, 08:25 AM
This is deja vu. Being a resident Cowboy fan that has been here for year and cheering for the Texans to do well it is tiring watching the same stuff happen over and over. Yet every year there is an off season calling for 1) D-line help 2) Defensive Backs and 3) RBs. Then you get a DeMeco, a Mario and now Slaton hopefully will do well yet you still struggle. That leads to questions on coaching............................I won't go through it all. I just think this franchise is way too safe. I'm not going to write the 50th post advocation thugs...and taking the Cowbiy jokes. All I'm saying is that the "building" evolution and "safe" picks and signings and patience isn't working. There is no urgency despite years of losing. There isn't any uproar besides many here because people are getting used to it. Apathy stinks. There shouldn't be a repeat of years 1-4 where you improve, hit a .500ish ceiling and then can't get an farther along. I'm afraid this might happen again until the next regime comes in. A pattern. There should not be a Carr/coaching, etc fiasco again. McNair needs to get tough.

HJam72
09-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Nah, we might go 8-8 again, but a lot of teams have that problem for a while. We'll break through eventually. Looking at the big picture, the main thing that needs to happen is McNair needs to tell Kubiak this offseason, "Replace our DC with whomever you see fit, but replace him you will. And don't screw it up again, because choosing a DC is obviously your weak point."

powerfuldragon
09-23-2008, 04:57 PM
maybe obama should be our HC.

/run

kiwitexansfan
09-23-2008, 05:05 PM
I think it is premature to call last year a ceiling.

For me Ike has made this season a nothing year, I have 0 expectations.

Talk to me again next year and we'll see where we are at.

In regards to busting through the ceiling, I think often this comes with getting lucky in the draft and having someone in the latter rounds blow up for you.

Honoring Earl 34
09-23-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm going to be Mr. Sunshine :shades: and say that we'll split the next two games . We will then win three in a row going to Minnesota at 4-3 .

That would be a good scenerio , not perfect but good .

Double Barrel
09-23-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm going to be Mr. Sunshine :shades: and say that we'll split the next two games . We will then win three in a row going to Minnesota at 4-3 .

That would be a good scenerio , not perfect but good .

Dude, I'm talking to Khari to change your forum name to Mr. Sunshine. :victory:

We have always played the Jags well, and there is no reason to think that we can't rebound and give them one helluva' fight next Sunday. The team needs it, the fans need it, and the city could sure use a boost right now. If they can pull a victory out of Jax, coming back home to take on Indy could energize this fanbase and make our first home game of the season electric to attend.

Honoring Earl 34
09-23-2008, 05:20 PM

We have always played the Jags well, and there is no reason to think that we can't rebound and give them one helluva' fight next Sunday. The team needs it, the fans need it, and the city could sure use a boost right now. If they can pull a victory out of Jax, coming back home to take on Indy could energize this fanbase and make our first home game of the season electric to attend.

Sometimes it's just better to go the optimist route . It may mean that you stop trusting what you see ( head vs the heart thing ) and be a ray of sunshine .

This stuff along with the Cowboys doing well makes it hard to go to work but at the end of the day ... I did'nt make any bets .

http://www.blufftontoday.com/files/images/Sun%20Jimmy%20Dean.jpg

HoustonFrog
09-23-2008, 05:51 PM

Taking advantage of the 4 home game October will make or break the season in my book.

brakos82
09-23-2008, 06:08 PM
maybe obama should be our HC.

/run
Maybe your purple-haired camera-yielding girlfriend should be our HC...

powerfuldragon
09-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Maybe your purple-haired camera-yielding girlfriend should be our HC...
sigh. come on man, she was the most intriguing girl i've met in a long time.

GP
09-23-2008, 09:26 PM
This is deja vu. Being a resident Cowboy fan that has been here for year and cheering for the Texans to do well it is tiring watching the same stuff happen over and over...

I guess I never caught THIS little aspect of who you are.

You are a Cowboys FAN, correct?

(Speechless)

imatexan
09-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Im sorry, but do we really need another thread like this!?:thinking:

kiwitexansfan
09-23-2008, 09:31 PM
I think we need a thread that uncovers that FROG is a cowboys fan!

I never knew, just like I never realised that Toronto was a Titans fan.

Anyone else who bats for the other team on here?

GP
09-23-2008, 09:42 PM
I think we need a thread that uncovers that FROG is a cowboys fan!

I never knew, just like I never realised that Toronto was a Titans fan.

Anyone else who bats for the other team on here?

I just saw that in another thread Frog says he's a Cowboys fan.

I was wondering if I missed this admission from his previous posts on here, so it looks like I'm not the only one who is also finding it out right now.

I don't have any smack talk to offer on Frog being a Cowboys fan. I mean, I just...uhh, well...I just don't know what to say.

I don't have the time/energy to split my allegiance between Texans and any other team. I couldn't imagine the time an energy to keep up with two franchises the way he likely does.

Maybe he never sleeps. He's one of those people who has limitless energy.

HoustonFrog
09-23-2008, 10:37 PM
I just saw that in another thread Frog says he's a Cowboys fan.

I was wondering if I missed this admission from his previous posts on here, so it looks like I'm not the only one who is also finding it out right now.

I don't have any smack talk to offer on Frog being a Cowboys fan. I mean, I just...uhh, well...I just don't know what to say.

I don't have the time/energy to split my allegiance between Texans and any other team. I couldn't imagine the time an energy to keep up with two franchises the way he likely does.

Maybe he never sleeps. He's one of those people who has limitless energy.

I'd appreciate it if you wern't so facinated with me and didn't troll me. It is becoming creepy and your inferiority complex is showing.

As for being a Cowboy fan...I've talked about it extensively on this board for over 2 years and almost everyone I am friends with here knows that I am a Cowboy fan who grew up in Ft. Worth for 22 years. I've written about it in detail. Try reading instead of writing so much. A few good people like Kiwi just missed it.

As far as my time. Unlike many, this is for fun and I don't write on other boards. I write here about general football and other things.

Seriously, you need to move on. It is embarrassing...just like when you didn't remember what you said in threads to me last season and then gotcalled on it after writing me crazy private messages.

ATXtexanfan
09-23-2008, 11:02 PM
sounds like a stalker, i'd notify the authorities

kiwitexansfan
09-23-2008, 11:06 PM
I can't blame Frog for hanging out here, its nice.

How about Katsofna, I hear he is a Dolphins fan or something crazy like that??

Texecutioner
09-23-2008, 11:18 PM
I think it is premature to call last year a ceiling.

For me Ike has made this season a nothing year, I have 0 expectations.

Talk to me again next year and we'll see where we are at.

In regards to busting through the ceiling, I think often this comes with getting lucky in the draft and having someone in the latter rounds blow up for you.

So now Ike is the scape goat for the season and there are 0 expectations?

WOW!

Can I work for you?

ATXtexanfan
09-23-2008, 11:20 PM
this really is a wonderful site, love the info provided by everyone. i like when fans of other teams provide insight as well. don't have to be a texan fan to appreciate this place. not to mention most of the people here crack me up. last year wasn't a ceiling, we had our chances against the division leader sunday and i think jax and indi have come back to us. if we can steal the next 2 games .........

HoustonFrog
09-24-2008, 08:23 AM
I can't blame Frog for hanging out here, its nice.

How about Katsofna, I hear he is a Dolphins fan or something crazy like that??

I came here a few years back to talk about Carr and how I wasn't a real fan of the Texans because of how he brought them down. I met great people like you and others over time and stayed. People have seen pics of my kiddo, etc. I don't mind having a hometown team to root for now even though my allegiance all my life has been elsewhere. I moved here in 1993 so it isn't like a newbie to Houston. I enjoy the people here and have had fun in fantasy leagues with folks and other things.

GP
09-24-2008, 11:21 AM
I'd appreciate it if you wern't so facinated with me and didn't troll me. It is becoming creepy and your inferiority complex is showing.

As for being a Cowboy fan...I've talked about it extensively on this board for over 2 years and almost everyone I am friends with here knows that I am a Cowboy fan who grew up in Ft. Worth for 22 years. I've written about it in detail. Try reading instead of writing so much. A few good people like Kiwi just missed it.

As far as my time. Unlike many, this is for fun and I don't write on other boards. I write here about general football and other things.

Seriously, you need to move on. It is embarrassing...just like when you didn't remember what you said in threads to me last season and then gotcalled on it after writing me crazy private messages.

Deleted for the reason of just getting tired of seeing Frog character assassinate me.

Moving forward now.