PDA

View Full Version : NEVER thought I'd say this but...

Twitch-Houston
09-21-2008, 05:46 PM
come on Jaguars..........

They win and we can pull out a win next week we're in a tie for second in the division. :) (sort of)

The edit is cause I noticed the Colts have a bye next week.

Twitch-Houston
09-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Nevermind, Payton is looking like Payton and mounting the winning drive.

Twitch-Houston
09-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Thank you Scobee!

mootini
09-22-2008, 11:03 AM
I was pulling for you guys vs. Titans. You'll get them at your crib later this season.

Vinny
09-22-2008, 11:14 AM
come on Jaguars..........

They win and we can pull out a win next week we're in a tie for second in the division. :) (sort of)

The edit is cause I noticed the Colts have a bye next week.

Our team is giving up 30+ points a game to offenses that aren't that good...not sure that is a recipe for winning the division.

TexansLucky13
09-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Well Texans fans, it could be worse.... we could be 0-2 at home instead of on the road. Sucks to be a horseshoe.

I'll be honest, I enjoy watching the Jags. MJD and Taylor are a perfect combination. It seems like the loss of 3 O-line starters hasn't phased the running game as much as some would have thought, either.

Vinny
09-22-2008, 11:24 AM
It seems like the loss of 3 O-line starters hasn't phased the running game as much as some would have thought, either.
It helps when you have good backs.

gtexan02
09-22-2008, 11:57 AM
20 hours ago, the Jags were a mess. Their OL had mustered almost no run blocking or pass blocking. One good game and they are back?

They are 1-2 now. I think they have a while to go

Vinny
09-22-2008, 12:00 PM
20 hours ago, the Jags were a mess. Their OL had mustered almost no run blocking or pass blocking. One good game and they are back?

They were never "gone" unless you buy into lots of fan spewage.

HOU-TEX
09-22-2008, 12:07 PM

The Jags have lost by a combined 11 points in their two losses.

We have lost by a combined 40 points in two losses.

Can we see a difference here? It's about being competitive vs being one of the NFL's *****.

Twitch-Houston
09-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Our team is giving up 30+ points a game to offenses that aren't that good...not sure that is a recipe for winning the division.

Simply trying to find something good about the season so far is all....:winky:

mootini
09-23-2008, 02:12 PM

And come Sunday we'll be 2-2. What will the Texans be?

TexansLucky13
09-23-2008, 02:13 PM
It helps when you have good backs.

Yep, it definitely does help when you have those two guys in the backfield. That said, you can't run without blocks, so obviously someone is doing something right on the line.

Tedc
09-23-2008, 05:09 PM
And come Sunday we'll be 1-3. What will the Texans be?
Fixed it for ya!

1-2 with a half game lead on the Naguars.

kastofsna
09-23-2008, 06:12 PM
lol it's pretty funny that anyone would bury the Jags after 2 games.

Blazing Arrow
09-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I was pulling for you guys vs. Titans. You'll get them at your crib later this season.

That's comical. I doubt even the die hards are thinking that the next matchup will be a win.

Specnatz
09-23-2008, 06:47 PM
That's comical. I doubt even the die hards are thinking that the next matchup will be a win.

Yes and the UCOU have a lot to praise about the game .. what a steller run stopping D, that game should have never been as close as it was but for you Arrow you read pro footabll as well as VY does a actual defense or take a wonderlic.

Blazing Arrow
09-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Yes and the UCOU have a lot to praise about the game .. what a steller run stopping D, that game should have never been as close as it was but for you Arrow you read pro footabll as well as VY does a actual defense or take a wonderlic.

Our D gave up a little over 100 yards and a TD against the run. Our D also took a 99 yard INT to the house, caused another INT and a fumble and basically broke Shammy mentally again this season. All that in route to beating you by almost 3 TDs.

Lets break it down a little more shall we since you gave me the opening to see if I am reading our 'stellar' D correctly. On top of the above mentioned we shut you out in the second half, blocked an extra point. Maybe we can bring up the fact that we held the Texans to 3-15 on 3rd down conversions and 2-6 on 4th down conversion. WTF are you doing running 6 fourth downs??!!

I would say our D pretty much handed you your rump roast on a platter.

:d:

But please elaborate on how you embarrassed our D again ... this should be rich.

Specnatz
09-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Our D gave up a little over 100 yards and a TD against the run. Our D also took a 99 yard INT to the house, caused another INT and a fumble and basically broke Shammy mentally again this season. All that in route to beating you by almost 3 TDs.

Lets break it down a little more shall we since you gave me the opening to see if I am reading our 'stellar' D correctly. On top of the above mentioned we shut you out in the second half, blocked an extra point. Maybe we can bring up the fact that we held the Texans to 3-15 on 3rd down conversions and 2-6 on 4th down conversion. WTF are you doing running 6 fourth downs??!!

But please elaborate on how you embarrassed our D again ... this should be rich.

Can I use the card you used last year and cry like a little 4 year old girl about all the drops, which was proved false last year by the washington post. I mean you are the excuse master of all excuse laden excuses. I just do not want to steal material is all.

Blazing Arrow
09-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Can I use the card you used last year and cry like a little 4 year old girl about all the drops, which was proved false last year by the washington post. I mean you are the excuse master of all excuse laden excuses. I just do not want to steal material is all.

Any fan who watched last season knew that that article was full of crap. I know you would have no basis for this because you actually did not watch the games but I did. A dropped ball is very arbitrary. One persons drop can easily be anotherís bad pass. Again I don't expect you to get any of this.

And so what if you catch balls? So you lose by 14 instead. In no way was the team that played the Titans last week in the same league.

Specnatz
09-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Any fan who watched last season knew that that article was full of crap. I know you would have no basis for this because you actually did not watch the games but I did. A dropped ball is very arbitrary. One persons drop can easily be anotherís bad pass. Again I don't expect you to get any of this.

And so what if you catch balls? So you lose by 14 instead. In no way was the team that played the Titans last week in the same league.

Then we go full circle to vince young!

Double Barrel
09-24-2008, 10:09 AM

Man, talk about sore winners!

We get it, BA, you've got a good team and beat us. Do you really need to soil a Jags thread in a Texans forum with a breakdown of last week's game? There are plenty of other Titan specific threads for you to gloat in and rub noses in it.

Blazing Arrow
09-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Na I was actually taking the high road and not going to bring it up until Specnatz dragged me into it. Everyone has building years, you have some young stars that can be a good core for the team. I think you need to focus on run game and secondary.

If it makes you feel better I hope the Texans beat the Jaguars this week.

On a sidenote:
Where is Overalls? Have not seen him on this board or at gt lately.

Blazing Arrow
09-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Then we go full circle to vince young!

Who?

kastofsna
09-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Na I was actually taking the high road and not going to bring it up until Specnatz dragged me into it.
lol, taking the high road means you're not dragged into such things