PDA

View Full Version : This hurts worse than the Steelers loss

TheRealJoker
09-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Because it always hurts worse when your team teases you by letting you think they're gonna win then pulling the rug out from under you. We had more chances to win than I can count and we never took advantage of them. Big plays for us were cancelled out and then some by bad plays right after.

But that's always been the status quo for Houston pro football...

Get your fans excited and then crush their hopes before they even knew what happened :(

J-Russ
09-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Not quite, alot of questions were answer with this game.... I just hope McNair doesn't waste time like he did with the last regime.

hollywood_texan
09-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Big daddy, buckle up, it's probably going to get worse before it gets better.

HJam72
09-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Once again, they beat us all day long at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Considering that and some of Schuab's screw ups, I'd say they did really well to even have a sliver of a chance at the end.

We need more size and brute strength on both sides of the line....ZBS or not. Good teams crush us right up the middle.

Off the top of my head, hats off to Slaton, Diles, and Williams. Thats where all the guts were for us today.

Corrosion
09-21-2008, 03:20 PM
This hurts worse than the Steelers loss

Of course it does .... its Buds team .... Did I mention I'd like to kick Bud in the nads ? :tiphat:

gtexan02
09-21-2008, 03:26 PM
RJ you should become Catholic Priest.

Wolf
09-21-2008, 03:27 PM
thing that stuck out with me in this game. was a key situation in the 4thand Kearse blew buy everyone and got a sack..

I have yet to see that kind of thing with the Texans

I am not knocking on the defense in the 2nd half.. I was thinking how nice it would be to have that confidence that a defensive group that something special would happen

today was an example of how competitive the NFL is and with coaching..

a couple of drops here gives us 8 points, a challenge or two swings it another 7 and so on.. I am not making excuses , just saying we got to play smart

scourge
09-21-2008, 03:40 PM
I know this may sound crazy, but this season feels earily similar to 2005's 2-14 season.

Opening game - Blowout by Steelers
Quarterback - Looking lost and shellshocked

It sucked bad enough not being able to watch the game. But listening to that abomination of a game on the radio was awful... I should've just read the box score after the game. Seems like a good thing I wasn't able to afford season tickets this year.

The Pencil Neck
09-21-2008, 03:45 PM
thing that stuck out with me in this game. was a key situation in the 4thand Kearse blew buy everyone and got a sack..

That was on Winston. Winston was just totally out of position and Kearse went right by him.