PDA

View Full Version : Start Sage!

TEXANRED
09-21-2008, 03:54 PM
I started it first!

J-Russ
09-21-2008, 03:59 PM
J-Russ cast lvl. 15 red rep. protection.

get your flame suit ready.....

TEXANRED
09-21-2008, 04:02 PM
I think I am OK after a 99 yard INT return for a TD.

Ckw
09-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Wow. No kidding. When it counts what does Carr, er I mean Schaub, do? Interception for a TD. Give up the longest INT return for a TD in Titans history. Awesome!!

WesmanTexanfan
09-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Im on board...

Its the number 8...

J-Russ
09-21-2008, 04:05 PM
I think I am OK after a 99 yard INT return for a TD.

ahem... was posted before that play.

We the Texans Nation, wants someone head tomorrow morning. Schaub, Smith, Kubiak... I don't freakin care, this is PATHETIC.

Bull Pen 1
Pick the Texans qb

Matt 4-11
Sage 4-1

TheRealJoker
4 turnovers and a complete inability to do ANYTHING in the redzone causes me to make a kneejerk reaction and agree with the threadstarter.

Just burn the cursed # 8 jersey already.

Corrosion
09-21-2008, 04:06 PM
I started it first!

EPIC fail (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53722)

:mshadows:

Texans34Life
Wow, Carr is looking like an MVP compared to Schaub.

gwallaia
How much did we give up for this Schaub loser?

ziggy29
09-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Wow. No kidding. When it counts what does Carr, er I mean Schaub, do? Interception for a TD. Give up the longest INT return for a TD in Titans history. Awesome!!
On fourth down with the game depending on the play, better throwing up a floater for a pick-6 than taking a sack. But that's about the best I can say for it.

Texans34Life
09-21-2008, 04:07 PM

Too much. I think all Houston Texans fans have died a little today inside.

New_Texans
09-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Too much. I think all Houston Texans fans have died a little today inside.

Change your avatar, now! :gun:

TEXANRED
09-21-2008, 04:14 PM
EPIC fail (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53722)

:mshadows:

No, start Sage has to be in the title. No one knows what that thread is about and you wont get as much traffic.

Now if you said, Start Sage, I never thought I would say that, then you are correct.

So there.:lion:

Texans34Life
09-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Change your avatar, now! :gun:

Done.

brakos82
09-21-2008, 04:17 PM
I approve of this thread.

Corrosion
09-21-2008, 04:18 PM
No, start Sage has to be in the title. No one knows what that thread is about and you wont get as much traffic.

Now if you said, Start Sage, I never thought I would say that, then you are correct.

So there.:lion:

Starting to sound like a politician :user:

New_Texans
09-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Done.

Thank you lol.

Texans34Life
09-21-2008, 04:19 PM
I think Sage has more air on his ball than Schaub does when throwing the long ball. Schaub needs to hit the weight room more because he's going to get sacked all season with this crappy OL we have.

TEXANRED
09-21-2008, 04:28 PM
I think Sage has more air on his ball than Schaub does when throwing the long ball. Schaub needs to hit the weight room more because he's going to get sacked all season with this crappy OL we have.

I wouldn't say that we have a crappy OLine. Two sacks and over 100 yards rushing for Slaton against the second ranked D. They had 8 sacks in two games.

Schaub standing there with deer in the head light look is what the problem is.

I think Schaub still suffering from the concussion he got during the Steeler game but doesn't want to say anything cus he is Mr. Glass and doesn't want to confirm it.

Haynsworth calls you out and your response is you will let your play speak for itself and thats how you come out and play?

You failed.

Next.

Farough
09-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Yes, Schaub played awful.. but the playcalling was absolutely terrible..

RosenfelsIsMyQB
09-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Been wanting Sage to be our starter since last season...

Does my screen name say it enough?

brakos82
09-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Been wanting Sage to be our starter since last season...

Does my screen name say it enough?
Yes... yes it does.

HJam72
09-21-2008, 04:35 PM
This is one complaint thread that I think I can get on board with. I don't know what's wrong with Schaub, but he's getting that deer in the headlights look that we're so familiar with. Only difference is he throws up (bad) prayers instead of running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage.

CloakNNNdagger
09-21-2008, 04:36 PM
I started it first!

This is a repost of a post (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1002119&postcount=240)I made at the beginning of the game thread:

GET SCHAUB OUT OF THERE. HE HAS DEVELOPED THE DAVID CARR SYNDROME! (It's been evident to all those who choose to be honest throughout the preseason and into the regular season)

spurstexanstros
09-21-2008, 04:36 PM
I think I may stew on this for 24 hours and then state a position. Schaub is under the gun.

Maddict5
09-21-2008, 04:37 PM
i agree schaub had a (very) bad day but..

the o-line got mauled and we had alot of (huge) drops.. schaub isnt as bad as we're going to make out this week. he needs to step it up though

and just one last thing, v the titans D

week 3: matt schaub 17/37 188 yards, 0 tds, 3 turnovers (3 ints), 12 points (plus another 10 left on the field at least)

week 2: carson palmer 16/27, 134 yds, 0 tds, 3 turnovers (2 ints, 1 fumble lost), 7 points scored

week 1: david garrard 23/35, 215 yds, 1 td, 3 turnovers (2 ints, 1 fumble lost), 10 points scored

maybe its not just schaub

J-Russ
09-21-2008, 04:38 PM
You know.. I wanted Schaub to pick up that number 7 ever since we got rid of Stanley... bad move keeping #8, now he has the Carr Curse. Next year you'll see him on a different team as a back-up with twin white gloves.

Leahmic223
I'm starting to think it's better to go with Sage...draft a young guy from College and let him watch Sage for a season or two...

This is from a person who backed Carr...

Maddict5
I wouldn't say that we have a crappy OLine. Two sacks and over 100 yards rushing for Slaton against the second ranked D. They had 8 sacks in two games.

Schaub standing there with deer in the head light look is what the problem is.

I think Schaub still suffering from the concussion he got during the Steeler game but doesn't want to say anything cus he is Mr. Glass and doesn't want to confirm it.

Haynsworth calls you out and your response is you will let your play speak for itself and thats how you come out and play?

You failed.

Next.

yeah the line was fine :rolleyes:

TEXANRED
09-21-2008, 04:41 PM
This is a repost of a post (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1002119&postcount=240)I made at the beginning of the game thread:

GET SCHAUB OUT OF THERE. HE HAS DEVELOPED THE DAVID CARR SYNDROME! (It's been evident to all those who choose to be honest throughout the preseason and into the regular season)

Yes but yours is a post and not a thread, I meant I started the thread for this game first.

brakos82
09-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes but yours is a post and not a thread, I meant I started the thread for this game first.
I already told you, that doesn't count.

Bull Pen 1
09-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Scaubs stats for the year thru 2 games

TD 1 passing and 1 rushing
int 5
sacks 7
fumbles 1
TERRIBLE

corrected I forgot about the rushing td

As you said still terrible!!!!!

brakos82
09-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Somebody's mad... :hide:

J-Russ
09-21-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm starting to think it's better to go with Sage...draft a young guy from College and let him watch Sage for a season or two...

This is from a person who backed Carr...

Spot on dude. Exactly what I was thinking.

Guys forget about those 2 2nd rounders, those draft has already past and now everything is reseted. We have draft picks 1-7 in 09. Matt's contract is suppose to be cap friendly just in case it doesn't work out. I'm just glad we got rid of McNair's golden boy, that alone made the trade worth every pennies.

Dare I start a Stafford/Tebow '09 thread?

New_Texans
09-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Scaubs stats for the year thru 2 games

TD 1
int 5
sacks 7
fumbles 1
TERRIBLE

2 TDs (1 rush)

Still horrible.

Twitch-Houston
09-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Dallas game, Schaub looked bad, Steeler game, looked bad, Titan game, looked bad.....Schaub and coaches get this loss. Whoever is in the booth needs glasses. The catch and TD weren't. How do you not tell Kube to challenge?

Fox
Sign me up. We've seen this movie before and it doesn't end well. Schaub looks decent against a soft D, but crumbles under pressure (which he sees a lot of in the AFC South). Sage is gonna throw picks too, but he also makes big plays. Schaub doesn't take care of the ball or give us a big play threat, even with AJ. This season is still a long ways from being lost, I think we should hand the reigns to Sage and see what he can do for us.

Schaub had decent protection, a running game, and a defense/ST that gave him decent field position for the majority of the game. He squandered it.

Topher
Start Alex Brink! :joker:

TEXANRED
09-21-2008, 04:56 PM
I already told you, that doesn't count.

Hush, grown folks are talking.

Norg
09-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Ok Ill say this Give him one more week If he does bad in the first 2 Quarters

then put in sage by halftime .......

I think Matt wrote his own case by throwing like 3 INT and put the nail in the coffin at the end

i was a strong Matt supporter BUT i also never wanted David carr to leave IMO he left a year 2 early

The Pencil Neck
09-21-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm at the point right now where I'm not calling for Sage to start.

But I wouldn't be unhappy seeing him start, either.

Norg
09-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Also i think the number 8 Jersey Is cursed !!!!!!! seriously !!!!!!!!

anyway does anyone got the NUmber to david carr .... im dead serious lets make a trade and it will be just like the ol days LOL

TEXANRED
09-21-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm at the point right now where I'm not calling for Sage to start.

But I wouldn't be unhappy seeing him start, either.

I am just tired of drafting #1.

Twitch-Houston
09-21-2008, 05:09 PM
The part that bothers me is that Sage hasn't done anything since becoming a Texan to NOT get the start. He almost brought us back from behind twice against the Titans. Once for Carr and once for Schaub. Not to mention his 4-1 record as a starter for us. I just don't want to see the powers that be keep Schaub in simply because he's expensive. We know how well that worked out with Carr.

I want to know if the situation arises, Kube will pull the trigger. Keeping a QB in a game that is obviously struggling feels like a surrender. I'm not sure Sage doesn't mount a comeback today if given the chance.

TheIronDuke
09-21-2008, 05:10 PM
I really don't see Kubes starting Sage over Schaub unless there's an injury. He never benched Mr. Mittens when he played piss poor either. If we didn't give up so much to get Schaub I could see him starting Sage but 2 2nd round picks have already been used to acquire Mr. Schaub's services.

Bull Pen 1
09-21-2008, 05:17 PM
I really don't see Kubes starting Sage over Schaub unless there's an injury. He never benched Mr. Mittens when he played piss poor either.

There wasn't anyone else to start, because Sage had broke his hand on a special team play.

If we didn't give up so much to get Schaub I could see him starting Sage but 2 2nd round picks have already been used to acquire Mr. Schaub's services.

I don't care what we gave up you put in the best player, if he gives you the best chance to win.

TEXANRED
09-21-2008, 05:28 PM
I don't care what we gave up you put in the best player, if he gives you the best chance to win.

This is the typical cpt going down with his ship move. If he benches Schaub for Sage and Sage performs he will look like a fool for waisting 2 picks for Schaub.

Like Capers, Kubiaks ego is too large to be wrong about his QB choice.

TheIronDuke
09-21-2008, 05:33 PM

I know Sage was injured for awhile that season but there were a lot of games earlier in the season where Carr completely sucked but he never put Sage in.

I'm with you on putting the player out there that give you the best chance to win. Unfortunately we gave up too much for Schaub to give up on him. I'd rather give Sage a start but as stated before Kubes would look like a moron for giving up what we did for a backup QB. He made his bed now he (and us) have to lie in it.

Bull Pen 1
09-21-2008, 05:38 PM
The next game if Schaub is having another bad game and he isn't replaced in the second half. I will be selling my tickets until things change.

b0ng
09-21-2008, 05:44 PM
The next game if Schaub is having another bad game and he isn't replaced in the second half. I will be selling my tickets until things change.

I'll buy them for a dollar

Maddict5
09-21-2008, 05:49 PM
The part that bothers me is that Sage hasn't done anything since becoming a Texan to NOT get the start. He almost brought us back from behind twice against the Titans. Once for Carr and once for Schaub. Not to mention his 4-1 record as a starter for us. I just don't want to see the powers that be keep Schaub in simply because he's expensive. We know how well that worked out with Carr.

i agree mostly but sage did stink it up v the colts last year

Twitch-Houston
09-21-2008, 05:53 PM
i agree mostly but sage did stink it up v the colts last year

Yea maybe it's easy to remember Sage's good games more than the bad ones because he's usually coming in as a savior, but I'm a little biased. I've always though he should be given the chance to win the job. I feel he's never really been given the chance to win or lose the job and the two starters we've had never could lose the job.

If Sage isn't the starter, I just want to know that Kube will make the change if it's necessary is all.

axman40
09-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Schaub rarely seems ready at kickoff ,so yes start Sage and bring in Schaub if needed.:texflag:

cuppacoffee
09-21-2008, 10:11 PM

I can only imagine how you must feel. Lots of money spent on psl's, tickets, and a long drive to the stadium (when playing at Reliant).

I get frustrated watching the ineptitude of this team and it cost me nothing but a little couch time.

I must confess though...I didn't watch this abomination today as it was my first chance in a week to get out, go to church and then out to eat.

I think I enjoyed my day much better than if I had watched.

It's very hard to maintain my fandom right now for my teams of choice.

:coffee:

The Pencil Neck
09-21-2008, 11:40 PM
This is the typical cpt going down with his ship move. If he benches Schaub for Sage and Sage performs he will look like a fool for waisting 2 picks for Schaub.

Like Capers, Kubiaks ego is too large to be wrong about his QB choice.

That's just BS. If that was true, the Browns would have started Brady Quinn last year, Tarvaris Jackson would still be starting for the Vikings, VY would be starting for the Titans, and Alex Smith would still be starting for the Niners. EDIT: I forgot about Leinart, too.

The coach's job is to win games and although he might have a grace period his first year or two, after that, he's got to win or he's going to be fired. Kubiak knows that. After his first year (when he can use the Rebuilding card to keep his job), he's got to put the guys on the field that give him the best chance to win and if he doesn't do that, he should be fired.

When Schaub is playing well, he's more talented and a better QB than Sage. Hands down. No competition.

But right now, Schaub isn't playing well.

So Kubiak has to evaluate who's going to give him the better chance to win. Is Schaub's bad play something he can play out of or is it something that requires a change? Every QB has bad games and bad stretches of games even good ones. Is this one of those stretches? Or is it time to go with a calmer head in the pocket?

That's Kubiak's choice right now.

And he knows it.

Texans_Chick
09-21-2008, 11:55 PM
I know Sage was injured for awhile that season but there were a lot of games earlier in the season where Carr completely sucked but he never put Sage in.

I'm with you on putting the player out there that give you the best chance to win. Unfortunately we gave up too much for Schaub to give up on him. I'd rather give Sage a start but as stated before Kubes would look like a moron for giving up what we did for a backup QB. He made his bed now he (and us) have to lie in it.

FTR, Kubiak benched Carr in the first Titans game, aka the beginning of the end. Did it at the half.

Then against the Jets, Rosenfels broke his hand making a special teams tackle.

If you benched QBs when they struggle, you are going to be benching lots of QBs. It's a big choice to make. And harder when there are other factors, like dropped passes.

WesmanTexanfan
09-22-2008, 12:09 AM
If Sage starts, i bet we'd we win the next 2......

sometexansfan
09-22-2008, 12:26 AM
I just want to win. I don't care how much we gave up for Schaub. If Sage can give us a better chance to win I say start him. Come on Kubiak, don't be dumb.

CloakNNNdagger
09-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Matt Schaub, the representative of the Texans offense...........QB rating 26............should be right up there with the head coach's rating.

Mr teX
09-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Sadly i'm now starting to lean this way... they are virtually the same guy back there.. Winston has attested to such on sports radio 610, but yesterday Schaub's arm strength got him picked twice yesterday & outside of griffin just making 2 great plays (a guy not regarded as a ball hawk), i have to believe that if it were anyone else who had even a minuscle more zip on their pass, Griffin's 2 picks would've been completions or at least just batted away. Sage has that little extra "umff".

So make room for me on the start sage bandwagon...where's the beer!

Texans_Chick
09-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Matt Schaub, the representative of the Texans offense...........QB rating 26............should be right up there with the head coach's rating.

Personally, I wonder if either one of our quarterbacks are The Franchise quarterback that every team is looking for or is hoping doesn't get hurt.

I wrote up something about quarterback change over at the Chron blog:

Want to bench Matt Schaub? Here's some things to think about. (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2008/09/want_to_bench_matt_schaub_here_1.html)

There are some teams where you KNOW the quarterback play is the only thing holding that team back. Like teams that have great defenses, great running games, great lines. See e.g. Vikings, Titans.

With the Texans, there are so many things not clicking that just changing one element may fix a lot of things (like getting rid of Carr) or could result in just more chaos.

To me, with what I saw last year into this year, I'd like to see if the team can settle down and get confidence with their current offensive configuration.
Work on the line play. Figure out Slaton's role and how to best use him. Get back to the football play of last year where the Texans had very few dropped passes compared to the rest of the league.

They look rusty and trying to figure the new things out. Like a first team offense that played the Cowboys for part of a game, took a week off, got crushed against the Steelers, took a miserable week off, and then looked rusty against a good Titans defense. They need to get their stuff together.

HOU-TEX
09-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Sadly i'm now starting to lean this way... they are virtually the same guy back there.. Winston has attested to such on sports radio 610, but yesterday Schaub's arm strength got him picked twice yesterday & outside of griffin just making 2 great plays (a guy not regarded as a ball hawk), i have to believe that if it were anyone else who had even a minuscle more zip on their pass, Griffin's 2 picks would've been completions or at least just batted away. Sage has that little extra "umff".

So make room for me on the start sage bandwagon...where's the beer!

IMO, Sage has a quicker drop too. Better feet

I was a proponent of bringing Schaub here and still am, but GD Kubiak! There are times when things aren't going your way no matter what you do.

Texans_Chick
09-22-2008, 10:33 AM
IMO, Sage has a quicker drop too. Better feet

I was a proponent of bringing Schaub here and still am, but GD Kubiak! There are times when things aren't going your way no matter what you do.

Better feet? I think the biggest difference between Schaub and Sage in the drop is that Schaub's mechanics are more reproduceable and Sage's are inconsistent.

I also don't believe you can say that Rosenfels had a stronger arm than Schaub. The stats don't show it and my eye doesn't see that either.

Schaub has looked very wrong though. The key I think is whether they can properly evaluate him to see if he is trying to play through injury stuff and trying to be a hero, but really hurting his team.

Polo
09-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Better feet? I think the biggest difference between Schaub and Sage in the drop is that Schaub's mechanics are more reproduceable and Sage's are inconsistent.

I also don't believe you can say that Rosenfels had a stronger arm than Schaub. The stats don't show it and my eye doesn't see that either.

I agree.

The only advantage I see that Sage has over Schaub is his mobility.

Sage is a chucker. Brett Favre-esque without the ability.

Honoring Earl 34
09-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Personally, I wonder if either one of our quarterbacks are The Franchise quarterback that every team is looking for or is hoping doesn't get hurt.

I wrote up something about quarterback change over at the Chron blog:

Want to bench Matt Schaub? Here's some things to think about. (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2008/09/want_to_bench_matt_schaub_here_1.html)

There are some teams where you KNOW the quarterback play is the only thing holding that team back. Like teams that have great defenses, great running games, great lines. See e.g. Vikings, Titans.

With the Texans, there are so many things not clicking that just changing one element may fix a lot of things (like getting rid of Carr) or could result in just more chaos.

To me, with what I saw last year into this year, I'd like to see if the team can settle down and get confidence with their current offensive configuration.
Work on the line play. Figure out Slaton's role and how to best use him. Get back to the football play of last year where the Texans had very few dropped passes compared to the rest of the league.

They look rusty and trying to figure the new things out. Like a first team offense that played the Cowboys for part of a game, took a week off, got crushed against the Steelers, took a miserable week off, and then looked rusty against a good Titans defense. They need to get their stuff together.

I'm on board with TC . I think Kubiak is trying to be Denver light and Denver drafted Cutler in the 1st round . Before that they tried everything in the book to replace Elway but found out you can't replace a huge talent unless it's with a talented guy .

Denver still runs the ZBs but to me it works best in the thin air . Why ... the bigger guys have a hard time breathing . We've done verything to duplicate the Broncos ... even have a Shanahan ... but we were better when we played more like the Packers .

HOU-TEX
09-22-2008, 10:45 AM

Schaub has looked very wrong though. The key I think is whether they can properly evaluate him to see if he is trying to play through injury stuff and trying to be a hero, but really hurting his team.

Going by what I've seen and noticed, Schaub is slothlike in his drop compared to Sage.

You know, they have also said Schaub's decision making is better than Sage's. Well, I don't know about y'all but his decision making has been piss poor.

Honoring Earl 34
09-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Going by what I've seen and noticed, Schaub is slothlike in his drop compared to Sage.

You know, they have also said Schaub's decision making is better than Sage's. Well, I don't know about y'all but his decision making has been piss poor.

Schaub is not as fast with longer strides .

Mr teX
09-22-2008, 10:51 AM

Lets put it this way... To me, Sage's arm strength looks closer to average & schaub's looks below average; that was a knock on him coming out of college & continued to be during his days in ATL. There are times when schaub is trying throw the ball down away from a defender & instead of the ball going downward on the same plane, it's just the nose of the ball that's pointed downward. It's kind of hard to explain, but if anybody has access to video watch the pass he threw to OD where he threw it down & away, they show the play from behind OD & it just looks really wierd; to my recollection, i've never seen that from a qb before. I don't know if that has to do with arm strength, but i don't know anything else that could logically explain that outside from other forces acting on it. it looks like he shot-putted the ball or something...

& i disagree with Rich Gannon, 2 of his picks weren't "inaccurate" that ball was going to drop right in Dressen's hands had Griffin not gotten to it; they just took forever to get there. Same for the one he threw to AJ on the sideline.

Polo
09-22-2008, 10:52 AM

David Carr had a really fast drop too...

"good feet" doesn't mean you have a quick drop...It just means you take good steps that get you in rythm for your throw...

HOU-TEX
09-22-2008, 10:58 AM
David Carr had a really fast drop too...

"good feet" doesn't mean you have a quick drop...It just means you take good steps that get you in rythm for your throw...

Carr references don't really add much to an arguement. LOL

I think he has a quicker drop than Schaub. If you don't, fine, I'm cool with that.

Like I said in a previous post. I'm a proponent of Schaub, but he's just not right. If he struggles again this Sunday I'd yank him for a while until he gets his shit straight.

Chance_C
09-22-2008, 11:32 AM

I think the biggest difference in Sage's and Matt's drops are that Schaub takes a deep drop and Sage doesn't take near as deep of a drop, and bam he gets rid of the ball. Matt is not a pocket passer, Sage is.

Bull Pen 1
09-22-2008, 05:00 PM
That's just BS. If that was true, the Browns would have started Brady Quinn last year, Tarvaris Jackson would still be starting for the Vikings, VY would be starting for the Titans, and Alex Smith would still be starting for the Niners. EDIT: I forgot about Leinart, too.

The coach's job is to win games and although he might have a grace period his first year or two, after that, he's got to win or he's going to be fired. Kubiak knows that. After his first year (when he can use the Rebuilding card to keep his job), he's got to put the guys on the field that give him the best chance to win and if he doesn't do that, he should be fired.

When Schaub is playing well, he's more talented and a better QB than Sage. Hands down. No competition.

But right now, Schaub isn't playing well.

So Kubiak has to evaluate who's going to give him the better chance to win. Is Schaub's bad play something he can play out of or is it something that requires a change? Every QB has bad games and bad stretches of games even good ones. Is this one of those stretches?

4 WINS VS 11 LOSES, I say is a bad stretch
Or is it time to go with a calmer head in the pocket?

That's Kubiak's choice right now.

And he knows it.

i WOULD SAY 4 WINS AND 11 LOSSES IS A BAD STRETCH. hOW LONG DO WE HAVE TO WAIT!!!!!

Bull Pen 1
09-22-2008, 05:13 PM
i think the biggest difference in sage's and matt's drops are that schaub takes a deep drop and sage doesn't take near as deep of a drop, and bam he gets rid of the ball. Matt is not a pocket passer, sage is.

i don't care who gets rid of the ball faster or how fast they drop back. All i care about is wins.

Matt is 4 - 11 as a starter

sage is 4 - 1 as a starter

just win

Dread-Head
09-22-2008, 05:22 PM
I started it first!

Yeah...but a bunch of us were thinking it so we're not giving you credit for it.

Dread-Head
09-22-2008, 05:30 PM

He was Michael Vick's backup for what 3 years? Hmmm. How did he look in the games he took over from Vick or the games he started (IN a MUCH WEAKER CONFERENCE) in Vick's stead? I say give Schlaub two more games. If he royally "ƒ's" up the way he has in the past two games...let him become the highest paid BACKUP in the NFL.

GlassHalfFull
09-22-2008, 05:34 PM
He was Michael Vick's backup for what 3 years? Hmmm. How did he look in the games he took over from Vick or the games he started (IN a MUCH WEAKER CONFERENCE) in Vick's stead? I say give Schlaub two more games. If he royally [sizxe=5]"'s" up[/size] the way he has in the past two games...let him become the highest paid BACKUP in the NFL.

Pretty sure the highest paid backup role is already taken by Vince Young. :thisbig:

Chance_C
09-22-2008, 05:37 PM
i don't care who gets rid of the ball faster or how fast they drop back. All i care about is wins.

Matt is 4 - 11 as a starter

sage is 4 - 1 as a starter

just win

I was just making a general comment about one of the differences between Sage and Matt. Hell, all I want is wins also. Looks like we agree on that. Is Sage the answer? I don't know, but I'm becoming increasingly more of the opinion that Matt isn't. One thing is for sure, I'm tired of the team not meeting expectations.

Double Barrel
09-22-2008, 05:42 PM

wow. I feel your pain, man. Sports seems to be the only entertainment medium that consumers are expected to keep paying for increased prices in the face of continually bad products.

There is an old saying that we are all familiar with: the backup QB is the most popular guy on the team. This saying, of course, is usually mentioned tongue-in-cheek because us fans don't know what we're talking about and we clamor for something to improve.

But sometimes, we see a struggling QB who has lost the confidence of his WRs and looks like a deer in the headlights. And sometimes fans see a backup QB who has actually performed under pressure and looks to be comparable to the starter at a fraction of the cost (i.e. two second round picks, a first round exchange, and $50 million).

I'd like to see Sage given a chance. But, not only is Kubiak probably concerned with his starter's psyche in the face of lost confidence, but it's also a matter of pride that this head coach gave up a lot of potential picks to gain the starting QB. It reflects on him as a coach when he gives up on a project that he invested so much in obtaining.

Texan_Bill
09-22-2008, 05:51 PM
But sometimes, we see a struggling QB who has lost the confidence of his WRs

Dang, DB I'm not flaming you but - I call BS...

AJ just missed decent balls thrown to him (as did Walter). I would venture to say and bet my season tickets that he in no way, has a personal agenda.. That's an insult to AJ who has never conducted himself in anyway but as a professional...

Double Barrel
09-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Dang, DB I'm not flaming you but - I call BS...

AJ just missed decent balls thrown to him (as did Walter). I would venture to say and bet my season tickets that he in no way, has a personal agenda.. That's an insult to AJ who has never conducted himself in anyway but as a professional...

I didn't mean to imply that there was any personal agenda involved (I think you are reading and assuming too much in my points). But, I saw a lot of balls thrown into tight coverage yesterday, and Schaub appears to be locking onto receivers. He's certainly not making his reads like he has in the past, so the losing confidence part is purely one that would be subconscious on the part of AJ. It was just last week that AJ said he was getting tired of this crap, so perhaps he's just lost confidence in the team itself to put out a competitive product, and Schaub is just part of that overall attitude.

I've got the highest respect for AJ, and consider him to be a top 5 WR in the NFL. That being said, c'mon, he' dropped two balls in the endzone. He's either regressing, or something is in his head. I do not think that he's losing ability, so you tell me why he's dropping those balls? Just a "bad game"? He's one of the few great talents we have on this team. Meanwhile, our QB has a rating of 25. You tell me what's going on.

Nawzer
09-22-2008, 06:27 PM
What's the over under for the "Bring Back David Carr" threads?!:hides:

brakos82
09-22-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm putting posts at 25, threads at 3.

Double Barrel
09-22-2008, 06:35 PM

The admins will immediately ban that poster. :club:

Nawzer
09-22-2008, 06:39 PM
The admins will immediately ban that poster. :club:

Nooooo please! I made a mistake!:includeme:

Double Barrel
09-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Nooooo please! I made a mistake!:includeme:

LOL! No, not you. You just asked the question. The thread creator is the one I'm talking about. His account would be nuked by sundown. :shades:

Texan_Bill
09-22-2008, 06:45 PM
I didn't mean to imply that there was any personal agenda involved (I think you are reading and assuming too much in my points). But, I saw a lot of balls thrown into tight coverage yesterday, and Schaub appears to be locking onto receivers. He's certainly not making his reads like he has in the past, so the losing confidence part is purely one that would be subconscious on the part of AJ. It was just last week that AJ said he was getting tired of this crap, so perhaps he's just lost confidence in the team itself to put out a competitive product, and Schaub is just part of that overall attitude.

I've got the highest respect for AJ, and consider him to be a top 5 WR in the NFL. That being said, c'mon, he' dropped two balls in the endzone. He's either regressing, or something is in his head. I do not think that he's losing ability, so you tell me why he's dropping those balls? Just a "bad game"? He's one of the few great talents we have on this team. Meanwhile, our QB has a rating of 25. You tell me what's going on.

I think you touched on something with the bolded part... I htink there was something in a lot of players' (and coaches) heads' yesterday... Just throwing out a little 'point, counterpoint'

BOoooooooo!!! Lifetime

http://www.deodorantshop.com/images/ban.jpg

Nawzer
09-22-2008, 06:48 PM
LOL! No, not you. You just asked the question. The thread creator is the one I'm talking about. His account would be nuked by sundown. :shades:

Hehe. I know. I'm just trying to have some fun!

Double Barrel
09-22-2008, 06:55 PM
I think you touched on something with the bolded part... I htink there was something in a lot of players' (and coaches) heads' yesterday... Just throwing out a little 'point, counterpoint'

yeah, I know, bro'. We fans are in the same boat, and we have to keep it as objective as possible without tearing each other apart. It's just frustrating to see, but we all share that pain.

2BCF
09-22-2008, 07:59 PM

Maybe AJ's been chopping up broken tree limbs too?
I know my hands ache. :D

GuerillaBlack
09-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Honestly, I think Schaub will tear it up next game in Jax (with a Texans win), and everyone will turn around. I say he probably throws for an INT, but gets 2 or 3 TDs and Slaton gets over 100 yards.

LoneStarState
09-23-2008, 12:10 AM
Honestly, I think Schaub will tear it up next game in Jax (with a Texans win).

Wha?! :mcnugget:

Corrosion
09-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Found this in the Faux Sports power rankings and found it .... not so funny.

Remember when QB Matt Schaub was lighting up the scoreboard before getting injured toward the end of the '07 season? Where is that guy now? He looks to be a shell of himself, and he's starting to get that shell-shocked look that David Carr used to have in H-town

Its the number 8 I tell ya.

COOL STAT: Schaub was sacked just 16 times in 11 starts in '07, but has been dropped eight times in two games this season.

Schaub has looked a lttle .... well a lot uncomfortable in the pocket ... and out this season .... and reminded one of HWWNBM more often than not.

Faux Sports (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings) has the Texans ranked 27th above only the Bungles , Al's Raiders , the Sheep .... I mean Rams , the Indian Reservation better known as the Chiefs and Kittens err Lions.

Ryan
09-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Sage doesn't have the arm Schaub has, but he is accurate and for the most part, mistake-free. Not to mention, quicker feet and quicker release.

Start Sage please!