PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Brown for President

kastofsna
09-21-2008, 03:43 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what an amazing game. GOOD LORD. best weekend ever. first i'm at the Trop for the Rays first playoff clinch and now THIS?? good lord. Pennington has been amazing, the run defense has been on lockdown, Joey Porter has owned Cassel as he said he would, Ted Ginn has been getting open and making plays, Ricky Williams has been great in relief of Brown, etc etc etc etc etc etc GOOD LORD

FIVE TOTAL TOUCHDOWNS for Ronnie Brown today. GOOD. LORD.

TexansLucky13
09-21-2008, 03:53 PM
He's an Auburn back... what did you expect?

gwallaia
09-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Ronnie Brown is an example of why I hate Fantasy Football. Ronnie Brown is on one of my fantasy teams, I had him on the bench today.

This will be my last year to ever play Fantasy Football.

kastofsna
09-21-2008, 04:05 PM
no reason at all to ever want to play fantasy football

TexansLucky13
09-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Ronnie Brown is an example of why I hate Fantasy Football. Ronnie Brown is on one of my fantasy teams, I had him on the bench today.

You think you've got it bad... my opponent has him. 0-3 start here I come.

Brandon420tx
09-21-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm so glad he stuck it to the pats. Good job Mia Mia!

Brandon420tx
09-21-2008, 04:07 PM

Those 7 people who did start him are doing backflips though.

TexansLucky13
09-21-2008, 04:13 PM
no reason at all to ever want to play fantasy football

We all know your spill about fantasy football. Save it.

:tease:

I hate you today. You know why?

You:

Rays clinch first playoff appearance (and you are in attendance)
Dolphins win first road game in years at Patriots
Miami manhandles TAMU at Kyle

Me:

Astros lose, again...
Texans lose, again...
Aggies lose, again... (to your team)
Auburn loses to LSU at home (I hate that team)
Pats lose at home (to your team)

:brickwall:

kastofsna
09-21-2008, 04:29 PM
yeah it's been a non-sucky weekend so far. also i got a new job on Friday so that counts too

TexansLucky13
09-21-2008, 04:33 PM
yeah it's been a non-sucky weekend so far. also i got a new job on Friday so that counts too

I went into an interview at the Texans store in the Woodlands Mall last Thursday, and then the hurricane hit. The store hasn't opened back up yet, so I have no idea if I got the job or not.

Also I have a math test tomorrow that I don't want to study for. Gotta do the math and engineering homework as well. I would love to have a little bit of rum in me now but my math skills decline exponentially with every drink of it.

So here I am after a terrible weekend and I can't even get trashed.

ledzeppelin229
09-21-2008, 04:36 PM
I started Ronnie Brown against Vinny in the ESPN league. I considered benching him...but figured he wasn't any worse of a gamble than my guys on the bench.

kastofsna
09-21-2008, 04:37 PM
just like last year, it took the coaching staff 2 weeks to realize that Brown should be getting the ball. on every single play. even when the defense is on the field. put him in there. period

anyone see his TD pass? a thing of beauty

kastofsna
09-21-2008, 05:05 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/3a/fullj.dac1bcad939dde29213e39ebee640f1d/dac1bcad939dde29213e39ebee640f1d-getty-81705412jr005.jpg

kastofsna
09-21-2008, 05:07 PM
also, all 5 of Brown's TD's came out of the same formation: Brown was lined up at QB in the shotgun, and Pennington was split out as a receiver, and Ricky was in the slot, and came into motion where Brown faked to him before running. essentially was McFadden and Jones did at Arkansas for 3 seasons. worked every single time.

Corrosion
09-21-2008, 08:27 PM
We all know your spill about fantasy football. Save it.

:tease:

I hate you today. You know why?

You:

Rays clinch first playoff appearance (and you are in attendance)
Dolphins win first road game in years at Patriots
Miami manhandles TAMU at Kyle

Me:

Astros lose, again...
Texans lose, again...
Aggies lose, again... (to your team)
Auburn loses to LSU at home (I hate that team)
Pats lose at home (to your team)

:brickwall:

:goodpost:

also, all 5 of Brown's TD's came out of the same formation: Brown was lined up at QB in the shotgun, and Pennington was split out as a receiver, and Ricky was in the slot, and came into motion where Brown faked to him before running. essentially was McFadden and Jones did at Arkansas for 3 seasons. worked every single time.

kastofsna .... arent you missing the celebration over at the fish boards ?!

Shoo before I vomit ! :mcnugget:

kastofsna
09-21-2008, 08:35 PM
i really really want you to vomit, so i'm going to stick around

dtran04
09-21-2008, 09:01 PM
I picked him in all 3 of my fantasy teams. He went way too low considering he was having a MVP type season last year. All of that Ricky talk was gibberish.

Twitch-Houston
09-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Those 7 people who did start him are doing backflips though.

Kinda the same way I felt when I started Michael Turner the 1st week and this week. No one saw that coming, but I just had a hunch. :thisbig:

ChildressTitanMan
09-22-2008, 04:37 AM
Awesome to see the Pats get embarrassed like that:specnatz:

jlam
09-22-2008, 09:41 AM
I noticed he's a southpaw. That expains everything.

Hell of a game for Brown. Although it goes against my normally slightly vindictive sports nature, I've found myself really pulling for Ricky Williams the past few seasons. I don't even know why, I just like the guy. Good for him for getting back in the mix.

HOU-TEX
09-22-2008, 11:36 AM

So did I..:gun:

BUT, who would've known he'd go off like he did? Not me. I think even kastoff would be lying if he said he knew Brown would go off like he did.

bah007
09-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Why wouldn't you start Brown if you had him on your fantasy team?

He was dominant last year before he got hurt.

HOU-TEX
09-22-2008, 02:23 PM

Yes, but he hadn't been doing diddly this season......until yesterday. :foottap:

kastofsna
09-22-2008, 09:06 PM
lol he wasn't doing anything because he wasn't being used. but Sparano said earlier this week that he'd start, so that's all Brown needed. every time he starts he dominates. top 5 in the league.

Blake
09-24-2008, 09:24 AM

Agreed. I think if you drafted the boy and knew he was starting, then he should have been starting for you, or at least in your flex position if you had one.

To the people who didnt play Ronnie, who did you start over him?

Blake
09-24-2008, 09:29 AM

In case anyone cares its a variation of the Double Wing called the WildCat Formation.

HOU-TEX
09-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Agreed. I think if you drafted the boy and knew he was starting, then he should have been starting for you, or at least in your flex position if you had one.

To the people who didnt play Ronnie, who did you start over him?

Julius Jones and Michael Turner. LOL! I did ok without him, but the few extra points would've been nice. :shades:

Blake
09-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Julius Jones and Michael Turner. LOL! I did ok without him, but the few extra points would've been nice. :shades:

Ahhhhh. Yeah, they both had great weeks. Well at least you have more confidence playing Brown on Turner's bye week.

kastofsna
09-24-2008, 06:26 PM
speaking of byes, it's a bye week for Miami

probably the best way to possibly go into a bye

cuppacoffee
09-24-2008, 10:49 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what an amazing game. GOOD LORD. best weekend ever. first i'm at the Trop for the Rays first playoff clinch and now THIS?? good lord. Pennington has been amazing, the run defense has been on lockdown, Joey Porter has owned Cassel as he said he would, Ted Ginn has been getting open and making plays, Ricky Williams has been great in relief of Brown, etc etc etc etc etc etc GOOD LORD

FIVE TOTAL TOUCHDOWNS for Ronnie Brown today. GOOD. LORD.

I stick to the prediction ( bet ) that I made in this thread....http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=994870#post994870

I've seen nothing to make me change my mind.

:coffee:

kastofsna
09-24-2008, 10:50 PM
so what's the texans biggest problem right now

steelbtexan
09-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Kubes has so little faith in our defense he feels the need to go for it on every 4th down.

kastofsna
10-02-2008, 08:11 PM
lol
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-portersack100208,0,3393261.story
DAVIE - Even though the Dolphins didn't play last weekend linebacker Joey Porter managed to pick up his fifth sack of the season.

Porter had been credited with three sacks in the 38-13 win over New England on Sept. 21, but Elias Sports Bureau determined a statistical change was in order after a review of a fourth-quarter fumble.

Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel originally was credited with a 1-yard run with 14:20 to play in the fourth quarter before Porter stripped the ball for a fumble. It was determined by Elias Sports Bureau that Porter forced the ball loose before Cassel reached the line of scrimmage, giving Porter a sack for no yards. "I feel like I got free sack," said a surprised Porter, who has registered 14 tackles and five sacks in three games. "I earned it, but it came on my bye week so that's cool. ... I'm not going to complain about it."
so that's 4 sacks for Porter in the game he guaranteed a win. i'd say that's backing your words up

mexican_texan
10-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Anytime I catch the Dolphins on TV, I'm amazed at Ronnie Brown.

Speaking of which, I'll hijack the thread. What happened to DeAngelo Williams? I loved watching him play in Memphis. He reminded me of Barry Sanders, how he seemed to know where all the defenders were going to be before he got the ball and how to get around them.