PDA

View Full Version : In honor of Texans-Titans week....

Texans_Chick
09-17-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm not much one for smack.
however....

To provide for some epic smack, I put the UnCut Video that I did about the origins of the Titans name on YouTube for the first time. So that more NFL fans all over the league can derive humor at the Titan's expense.

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiH4-h4o6Us

If you have a YouTube account, I invite you leave a comment.

In sum, you don't know who will win this weekend. But one way or another, the Titans will always be named after the product of mother fornication. They are inbred, incestuous, child eaters who were eventually defeated. Oh, and they have meddling cheapazz vulgarian possum headed Bud Adams as their owner.

That is undeniable. In fact, it may not be smack at all. It is just truth.

Honoring Earl 34
09-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Titan fans will never see this because they only get to use the computer at the auto parts store which they work at .

titanbuoy
09-17-2008, 10:03 PM
They are inbred, incestuous, child eaters who were eventually defeated. Oh, and they have meddling cheapazz vulgarian possum headed Bud Adams as their owner.

Yet despite all this they still find the time to drop by once a year and expose your aborted afterbirth of a football franchise for the laughing stock it really is... I'm thinking that must be a little irksome.

Remind Matt that just because he closes his eyes, it doesn't mean it's not going to hurt...
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/48/487674.jpg

Honoring Earl 34
09-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Yet despite all this they still find the time to drop by once a year and expose your aborted afterbirth of a football franchise for the laughing stock it really is... I'm thinking that must be a little irksome.

Remind Matt that just because he closes his eyes, it doesn't mean it's not going to hurt...
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/48/487674.jpg

I'm thinking we were 8-8 and picked 18th in the draft . Let's see ... take off your shoes titan dude we're gonna do some guzintoo ... 32-18 = 14 . That means less than half the league picked after us .

Oh yeah ... why do you have an Oiler photo there ? Are you from Houston ? If not you know nothing about the Oilers .

titanbuoy
09-17-2008, 10:30 PM
I think the fact that you're bragging about your 8-8 record speaks volumes... if you're a good boy, and eat all your vegetables, perhaps one day you guys might actually finish a season with a winning record (okay, yeah, probably not... but don't be afraid to dream big).

Yeah, yeah... Bud is Satan. If I don't live in Houston I couldn't possibly know how badly Bud screwed you guys... yadda yadda yadda....snore. Wake me up when you're done whining. Note to Houston: If you act like a bunch of bitches, don't be shocked when someone bends you over.

And really, shouldn't you be bitching about the sorry franchise you have now rather than yet and still, complaining about losing ours.

jaayteetx
09-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Smack talk is one thing, being a complete a$$, thats another. Go away troll.

Honoring Earl 34
09-17-2008, 10:51 PM
I think the fact that you're bragging about your 8-8 record speaks volumes... if you're a good boy, and eat all your vegetables, perhaps one day you guys might actually finish a season with a winning record (okay, yeah, probably not... but don't be afraid to dream big).

Yeah, yeah... Bud is Satan. If I don't live in Houston I couldn't possibly know how badly Bud screwed you guys... yadda yadda yadda....snore. Wake me up when you're done whining. Note to Houston: If you act like a bunch of bitches, don't be shocked when someone bends you over.

And really, shouldn't you be bitching about the sorry franchise you have now rather than yet and still, complaining about losing ours.

1. We're not that sorry ... that's the point .

2. F$%^$^ ck Bud ... I'm glad he's gone . He's like the Pirates and Barry Bonds . They'd rather lose without him than win with him . Bud was and still is more worried about money than winning .

3. The one saving grace for your franchise is Jeff Fisher ... a top 3 coach in this league . VY may end up screwing him out of his year .

4. Oh how does VY over Mario look now ... Bud should have gone with the local boy . He could have traded back to get him but noooooo ... I'll show Houston . Nothing like a QB with a 6 test score having a meltdown .

5. So ... do you really know anything about the Oilers ? Have you shook Earl's hand ? Did you watch McNair's first NFL action against the Lions or have an Oiler playoff party or you just a pretender who's been involved with the NFL for 10 years ?

DiehardChris
09-17-2008, 10:52 PM
http://www.houstondiehards.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/new-crosslogo1.gif

LonerATO
09-17-2008, 11:20 PM
The Titans have or never will be the Houston Oilers

LonerATO
09-17-2008, 11:20 PM

lmao

Honoring Earl 34
09-17-2008, 11:22 PM

In Titanville the klan was referred to as the fox hunt club .

Anywho war Buford Pusser and also I'd like to dedicate this video to VY .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAcvzFHj05w&feature=related

Hey buoy ... where did you go ... geez ... well go milk the chickens and come back tomorrow night .

Honoring Earl 34
09-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Titan tailgating . :specnatz::whip::devilpig::kingkong::chicken::hobi e::hobie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE&feature=related

Texan_Bill
09-18-2008, 10:22 AM
http://images.wikia.com/openserving/sports/images/c/c0/Inbred.jpg

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Woolz1/InbredMyspaceLoserGirls.png

Texan_Bill
09-18-2008, 10:33 AM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/jm_superskater/Inbreeding.png

Texan_Bill
09-18-2008, 10:33 AM
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/ZorakXSlayer/Motivational%20Pictures/Inbreeding.jpg

Texans_Chick
09-18-2008, 12:06 PM

Blahditty blah blah blah blah.

Notice you don't deny that your owner named your team after the products of mother fornication, etc.

Wins and losses change from year to year, but you will have the Bud and his offspring (until at some point the figure out that like they need to sell the team to a bigger market that they can make more money) and you will always be named after a repulsive Greek myth.

And, I will be always happy that opposing fans will be able to use this YouTube to smack on you guys for eternity. Such is the beauty of film. :cool:

Bipolar The Titan
09-18-2008, 12:22 PM
5. So ... do you really know anything about the Oilers ? Have you shook Earl's hand ? Did you watch McNair's first NFL action against the Lions or have an Oiler playoff party or you just a pretender who's been involved with the NFL for 10 years ?

actually, my friend here has been a loyal Oilers fan since forever. He's from Ontario so excuse his "I'm a arsecavern and proud of it persona"... but you know, you could tell this actual game attending season ticket holder that and get away with it... it really depends on how narrow the definition of "involved" is though.

Making assumptions can make one look a bit silly. 'buoy isn't even American.

Tedc
09-18-2008, 12:24 PM
.... don't be shocked when someone bends you over.

I heard that about your fans.

Speaking of anal sex, how is your 8 million dollar sausage "buoy" doing?

Bipolar The Titan
09-18-2008, 12:31 PM
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/picture.php?albumid=4&pictureid=86
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/picture.php?albumid=4&pictureid=80
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/picture.php?albumid=4&pictureid=82
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/picture.php?albumid=4&pictureid=87

Double Barrel
09-18-2008, 12:39 PM

Your franchise has been around for decades and has the same number of Super Bowl trophies as our six year old team. What is your definition if 'sorry' if your own standard defines the term itself?

It's really unbecoming of a lowlife troll to show his ass and lack of class, but it's obviously what you excel at, so I suppose that we're seeing the best of you right now.

Enjoy your fat slug of an owner. I look forward to laughing at the plight of Neckville when he decides to take the team elsewhere, especially because you know the NFL would never give you an expansion team. The only way you could ever get a team is through theft, which speaks volumes of your franchise and fanbase. You embraced a scumbucket owner and suckle like little piglets at his teats. Man, talk about indicative nature of things. That says it all.

Tedc
09-18-2008, 12:44 PM
"You must spread rep around before giving to Double Barrel again."

Texan_Bill
09-18-2008, 01:00 PM
"You must spread rep around before giving to Double Barrel again."

I got him... 'Cause I agree..

Specnatz
09-18-2008, 01:00 PM

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/9/16/2100256/Ian.mp3

Honoring Earl 34
09-18-2008, 01:09 PM
actually, my friend here has been a loyal Oilers fan since forever. He's from Ontario so excuse his "I'm a arsecavern and proud of it persona"... but you know, you could tell this actual game attending season ticket holder that and get away with it... it really depends on how narrow the definition of "involved" is though.

Making assumptions can make one look a bit silly. 'buoy isn't even American.

Then he should'nt come to a Houston forum talking trash about a team he roots for from Canada . He should tell us about the Canadian Football League and how he watched Warren Moon when he was in the CFL and not talk about the Oilers unless it was the Edmonton hockey team .

Bipolar The Titan
09-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Your franchise has been around for decades and has the same number of Super Bowl trophies as our six year old team. What is your definition if 'sorry' if your own standard defines the term itself?

It's really unbecoming of a lowlife troll to show his ass and lack of class, but it's obviously what you excel at, so I suppose that we're seeing the best of you right now.

Enjoy your fat slug of an owner. I look forward to laughing at the plight of Neckville when he decides to take the team elsewhere, especially because you know the NFL would never give you an expansion team. The only way you could ever get a team is through theft, which speaks volumes of your franchise and fanbase. You embraced a scumbucket owner and suckle like little piglets at his teats. Man, talk about indicative nature of things. That says it all.
you wouldn't feel that way if the Texans could manage to the playoffs or ebb over .500. You come of really bitter there, needlessly I might add. You essentially said that I'm a bad guy by association because I endeared myself to a team that brought themselves here. Mayor Phil Bredesen, now Governor Bredesen was approached by Bud Adams. No one in Nashville lobbied anyone in Houston to pry the Oilers away. Bud did what he did for his own reasons respectable, indefensible or otherwise. To alledge that Tennesseans stole the Oilers is absolutely ludicrous. The fact is that Adams called Bredesen on the phone, introduced himself and gave him him a quick pitch. Bredesen hung up on Adams thinking the call was a hoax. This is true. Adams called back and assured that he was in fact who he said he was and that his idea was in all sincerity at which point talks were opened. Memphis did try a number of times to land an expansion team and the lost out on all their bids. The thing is that Adams was familiar with Tennessee as he had spent a great deal of time here doing business over the decades and he felt that the people here would embrace his brand of football as college football is enormously popular in this state. I do agree that had Nashville had ambition to land an expansion team they would not be successful. The market isn't commercially appealing enough for the NFL's New York office to give any serious consideration to.

Bipolar The Titan
09-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Then he should'nt come to a Houston forum talking trash about a team he roots for from Canada . He should tell us about the Canadian Football League and how he watched Warren Moon when he was in the CFL and not talk about the Oilers unless it was the Edmonton hockey team .

Why can't a guy from England, Australia or Canada like the NFL and adopt a team and root for that team, thick and thin from afar? What difference does it make? The point is that he was an Oilers fan as a kid, in the eighties, through the nineties and a Titans fan in the present day.

I know for a fact there are people living in Texas that are loyalists and embrace the Texans but still favor old blue. Who are you to dictate what someone is allowed to talk about? Whatever he says is within the forum rules. He's not being overly vulgar or anything. He has a fundamental right to like any team he chooses. Are you the thought police?

Double Barrel
09-18-2008, 01:22 PM
you wouldn't feel that way if the Texans could manage to the playoffs or ebb over .500. You come of really bitter there, needlessly I might add.

My feelings towards Pud Adams has absolutely nothing to do with the state of the Houston Texans.

You can assume whatever you choose, but you don't know me and you have no clue about my history in this city.

Seeing a lowlife troll (not pointing at you, btw) come into this forum and spew garbage from his piehole gets the reactions it deserves. You Tits fans can sit on your high horses all you want, but at the end of the day your franchise has never been NFL world champions any more than our young franchise. So if you want to associate yourself with some braindead bottom-feeding troll by defending his spewage, then that is your choice.

Your city made a deal with the devil, but now you want to wash your hands of it all? You try to co-opt OILERS history with underhanded business tactics (i.e. "franchise records"...whatever), but the overwhelming majority of your fanbase has absolutely no memories of the history, and, the greatest player in your franchise's history wants absolutely nothing to do with your city, team, or owner, much less some number retirement that only serves to reveal the complete lack of class your owner is well known for. Matter-of-fact, inbred children of Uranus trollboys come in this very forum and talk smack about #34. This clearly reveals a lack of educated understanding of your own "franchise history" by a very vocal part of your fanbase.

Spin it however you want, but at the end of the day, you ended up with a stolen team because your city would never have what it takes to earn a team from the NFL.

Honoring Earl 34
09-18-2008, 01:22 PM
you wouldn't feel that way if the Texans could manage to the playoffs or ebb over .500. You come of really bitter there, needlessly I might add. You essentially said that I'm a bad guy by association because I endeared myself to a team that brought themselves here. Mayor Phil Bredesen, now Governor Bredesen was approached by Bud Adams. No one in Nashville lobbied anyone in Houston to pry the Oilers away. Bud did what he did for his own reasons respectable, indefensible or otherwise. To alledge that Tennesseans stole the Oilers is absolutely ludicrous. The fact is that Adams called Bredesen on the phone, introduced himself and gave him him a quick pitch. Bredesen hung up on Adams thinking the call was a hoax. This is true. Adams called back and assured that he was in fact who he said he was and that his idea was in all sincerity at which point talks were opened. Memphis did try a number of times to land an expansion team and the lost out on all their bids. The thing is that Adams was familiar with Tennessee as he had spent a great deal of time here doing business over the decades and he felt that the people here would embrace his brand of football as college football is enormously popular in this state. I do agree that had Nashville had ambition to land an expansion team they would not be successful. The market isn't commercially appealing enough for the NFL's New York office to give any serious consideration to.

Most Houston football fans would feel this way no matter what . Bud hired an accountant for a GM ( Ladd Herzog ) who was an embarrasment . he slapped a chronicle reporter , mooned a wedding party , refused to pay child support , but was good with money .

The Oilers of the late 80's ... thanks to Mike Holovak as the player personel man ... was as talented as any team in the league . The GM wanted a yes man for a coach and hired some DC named Jerry Glanville to lead this talented bunch . glanville responded by leaving tickets for Elvis .

No matter what I followed and rooted for the Oilers ... why ... cause I'm from Houston . When bud threatened to leave again after they gave into his request the first time 5 years before and after going 2-14 ... most folks agreed with Bob lanier and said ... good riddance .

Honoring Earl 34
09-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Why can't a guy from England, Australia or Canada like the NFL and adopt a team and root for that team, thick and thin from afar? What difference does it make? The point is that he was an Oilers fan as a kid, in the eighties, through the nineties and a Titans fan in the present day.

I know for a fact there are people living in Texas that are loyalists and embrace the Texans but still favor old blue. Who are you to dictate what someone is allowed to talk about? Whatever he says is within the forum rules. He's not being overly vulgar or anything. He has a fundamental right to like any team he chooses. Are you the thought police?

This is not the TOMB . Most posters here know something about the game and the history of it . All he said is ... y'all suck . Y'all are the worst team in the league ... y'all suck . That of course is a typical post on the TOMB .

Bipolar The Titan
09-18-2008, 01:28 PM
what I mean is that if the Texans won the Super Bowl people Texans as a people would forget about all these old wounds. I'm not trying to be an ass, and I'm not necessarily trying to make an assumption but I know by my own experience that winning heals wounds. You guys seem stuck in the past and the Texans, well, they leave a bit more to be desired. They aren't really delivering. Wouldn't you suppose you wouldn't be so bitter about the whole deal if the Texans were a serious force in the AFC? Say they win that elusive ring... I can't imagine that too many in Houston would still be grinding an axe.

Texan_Bill
09-18-2008, 01:28 PM
48 years. 1 Super Bowl Appearance. 1 yard short..... 'Nuff said.

At a boy Dud Adams.. PS how's that VY pick working out for you??? Karma, it's a mother bisquit!!!

Bipolar The Titan
09-18-2008, 01:30 PM
This is not the TOMB . Most posters here know something about the game and the history of it . All he said is ... y'all suck . Y'all are the worst team in the league ... y'all suck . That of course is a typical post on the TOMB .

here we go with assumptions... for the record, I am an outspoken critic of the TOMB and slam that mb and their arbitrary moderation practices whenever I am given the opportunity. I am in full agreement and myself personally look down on anyone that touts that place as an online destination for serious football discussion.

ps- the Texans do suck. I'm just not willing to be an a-hole about it. buoy is an a-hole. the worst kind. he's a Canadian a-hole.

Double Barrel
09-18-2008, 01:35 PM
what I mean is that if the Texans won the Super Bowl people Texans as a people would forget about all these old wounds. I'm not trying to be an ass, and I'm not necessarily trying to make an assumption but I know by my own experience that winning heals wounds. You guys seem stuck in the past and the Texans, well, they leave a bit more to be desired. They aren't really delivering. Wouldn't you suppose you wouldn't be so bitter about the whole deal if the Texans were a serious force in the AFC? Say they win that elusive ring... I can't imagine that too many in Houston would still be grinding an axe.

I grew up a Cowboys hater. It was instilled into my DNA. Why? Because I'm from Houston, and I'm not going to bandwagon some other team. It is a matter of ethics and civic pride. Perhaps it's a form of tribalism, but that is the nature of sports fanatics.

That being said, my hatred for the Cowboys has faded. It has been eclipsed by the disgust I feel towards anything associated with Pud Adams. He's a lowlife, lying, pig of a man. I kid you not when I promise to crap on his grave someday. Nothing, not even multiple SB wins by the Texans, will ever diminish the burning desire to see the fat slug fail.

Love and hate are two sides of the same coin. :howdy:

Honoring Earl 34
09-18-2008, 01:36 PM
here we go with assumptions... for the record, I am an outspoken critic of the TOMB and slam that mb and their arbitrary moderation practices whenever I am given the opportunity. I am in full agreement and myself personally look down on anyone that touts that place as an online destination for serious football discussion.

ps- the Texans do suck. I'm just not willing to be an a-hole about it. buoy is an a-hole. the worst kind. he's a Canadian a-hole.

I was kicked off the TOMB for defending another Texan fan who was trying to make a good point but all he got back was ... y'all suck ... we're better cause we're better . The mods said I insulted another member when all I said was they ought to listen and learn ... of course it may have been slightly harsher .

Bipolar The Titan
09-18-2008, 01:40 PM
48 years. 1 Super Bowl Appearance. 1 yard short..... 'Nuff said.

At a boy Dud Adams.. PS how's that VY pick working out for you??? Karma, it's a mother bisquit!!!

Bill... so what? I watch the game for the present. Not for the past. Week 1 everyone is undefeated. We could go 14-2 or 8-8 or 5-11... I'll still buy tickets. I don't watch for trophies. Hope of a trophy, yes, but primarily I watch for the love of the game and the possibility of winning it all. It's a beautiful thing. I've got 10 years of memories which I treasure... so I understand your outrage at the Oilers making the move. You feel robbed. It's like they took your memories. I get it. I feel the pain. I can't offer you empathy for I have none but I can sympathize.

As for Vince Young? Well McNair wasn't much good until he was in the league several years but it ain't looking all that good. As for right now I guess I'll just cling to undefeated and 1st place... maybe something will shake loose for the Titans... being 2-0 is a lot of pressure.

Bipolar The Titan
09-18-2008, 01:42 PM
I was kicked off the TOMB for defending another Texan fan who was trying to make a good point but all he got back was ... y'all suck ... we're better cause we're better . The mods said I insulted another member when all I said was they ought to listen and learn ... of course it may have been slightly harsher .

typical.

www.gotitans.com

we love our rival fans on this f2fa member board.

Overalls is treated like royalty.

Texan_Bill
09-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Bill... so what? I watch the came for the present. Not for the past. Week 1 everyone is undefeated. We could go 14-2 or 8-8 or 5-11... I'll still buy tickets. I don't watch for trophies. Hope of a trophy, yes, but primarily I watch for the love of the game and the possibility of winning it all. It's a beautiful thing. I've got 10 years of memories which I treasure... so I understand your outrage at the Oilers making the move. You feel robbed. It's like they took your memories. I get it. I feel the pain. I can't offer you empathy for I have none but I can sympathize.

As for Vince Young? Well McNair wasn't much good until he was in the league several years but it ain't looking all that good. As for right now I guess I'll just cling to undefeated and 1st place... maybe something will shake loose for the Titans... being 2-0 is a lot of pressure.

That's awesome that you watch for today. However, a teams history is their history which you seem to want to bring up about the Texans very short history....

Disagree about McNair... I thought he played well coming out of the gate and played well for an extended period of time... You may or may not rememeber that we were able to see him in person a few times ourselves... Also, he wasn't drafted as "the Savior". Some thought he was a 'reach' coming from tiny little Alcorn State although also picked #3. VY on the other hand came from a big program, led them to a National Championship and was supposed to the "sure thing"....

Tedc
09-18-2008, 02:06 PM
A poster found somewhere in Nashville.....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/Tedc/catfound.jpg

HOU-TEX
09-18-2008, 02:18 PM
My feelings towards Pud Adams has absolutely nothing to do with the state of the Houston Texans.

You can assume whatever you choose, but you don't know me and you have no clue about my history in this city.

Seeing a lowlife troll (not pointing at you, btw) come into this forum and spew garbage from his piehole gets the reactions it deserves. You Tits fans can sit on your high horses all you want, but at the end of the day your franchise has never been NFL world champions any more than our young franchise. So if you want to associate yourself with some braindead bottom-feeding troll by defending his spewage, then that is your choice.

Your city made a deal with the devil, but now you want to wash your hands of it all? You try to co-opt OILERS history with underhanded business tactics (i.e. "franchise records"...whatever), but the overwhelming majority of your fanbase has absolutely no memories of the history, and, the greatest player in your franchise's history wants absolutely nothing to do with your city, team, or owner, much less some number retirement that only serves to reveal the complete lack of class your owner is well known for. Matter-of-fact, inbred children of Uranus trollboys come in this very forum and talk smack about #34. This clearly reveals a lack of educated understanding of your own "franchise history" by a very vocal part of your fanbase.

Spin it however you want, but at the end of the day, you ended up with a stolen team because your city would never have what it takes to earn a team from the NFL.

I grew up a Cowboys hater. It was instilled into my DNA. Why? Because I'm from Houston, and I'm not going to bandwagon some other team. It is a matter of ethics and civic pride. Perhaps it's a form of tribalism, but that is the nature of sports fanatics.

That being said, my hatred for the Cowboys has faded. It has been eclipsed by the disgust I feel towards anything associated with Pud Adams. He's a lowlife, lying, pig of a man. I kid you not when I promise to crap on his grave someday. Nothing, not even multiple SB wins by the Texans, will ever diminish the burning desire to see the fat slug fail.

Love and hate are two sides of the same coin. :howdy:

Quoted for.......F-in A right!

Honoring Earl 34
09-18-2008, 02:39 PM
That's awesome that you watch for today. However, a teams history is their history which you seem to want to bring up about the Texans very short history....

Disagree about McNair... I thought he played well coming out of the gate and played well for an extended period of time... You may or may not rememeber that we were able to see him in person a few times ourselves... Also, he wasn't drafted as "the Savior". Some thought he was a 'reach' coming from tiny little Alcorn State although also picked #3. VY on the other hand came from a big program, led them to a National Championship and was supposed to the "sure thing"....

Just think if we do take VY :hobie: and the Saints take Reggie and the Titans take Mario :hides:.

KVB , Fat Albert , whoever , and Mario would be one of those DL with a nickname .

Texan_Bill
09-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Just think if we do take VY :hobie: and the Saints take Reggie and the Titans take Mario :hides:.

KVB , Fat Albert , whoever , and Mario would be one of those DL with a nickname .

Very true..... and that would suck hugely.

ChildressTitanMan
09-18-2008, 02:56 PM

Earn a team?

Your a hairsbreadth away from losing a second team from your city.Certainly a prime candidate for a new LA franchise.

As much as I like Houston as a city it seems cursed when it comes to football.

That Uranus crap was original & funny.When it's all you have to offer though it speaks volumes.

DiapHer
09-18-2008, 02:56 PM
not working n/m

Texan_Bill
09-18-2008, 02:59 PM
not working n/m

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :whip:

Honoring Earl 34
09-18-2008, 03:04 PM
Earn a team?

Your a hairsbreadth away from losing a second team from your city.Certainly a prime candidate for a new LA franchise.

As much as I like Houston as a city it seems cursed when it comes to football.

That Uranus crap was original & funny.When it's all you have to offer though it speaks volumes.

OK ... I'll bite ... how are we about to lose the team . We are the 4th largest city in the country and our economy is better than much of the country .

Texan JBZ
09-18-2008, 03:29 PM
How about this one for a grand hypothetical:

Sage is pretty much gone after this season. There is no way the Texans FO can hold onto him another offseason without losing all possible trade value for him. VY seems to be wearing out his welcome in Hillbilly country. Maybe a change of scene, sayyy, bringing him home to Houston where he has a greater support system will do him some good. Now, I know I'm just talking out of my arse, but it seems like the best thing for both teams. The Titans get a stable and ready QB with plenty of experience. The Texans get the hometown favorite that can surely put more butts in the seats even though his is on the bench for the time being. VY gets to backup Schaub for the time being while he settles his life and career down, and then gets to compete for the starting job. I believe Kubes is what he needs to be a successful QB. This is just a hypothetical because I know the contracts would have to be worked out, but you never know!:thinking:

Texan_Bill
09-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Earn a team?

Huh??? Wha.......?????

Sorry, but the Uranus stuff will be funny as long as Bud 'the rug' owns the Tinnbreds...

Texan JBZ
09-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Earn a team?

Yeah, this makes plenty of sense seeing that the Texans are a BILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE HERE IN HOUSTON! Makes even more sense to move the Texans to LA when the OWNER IS A HOUSTONIAN! Be lucky you bunch of hillbillies even have a team in your not-even-mid-market city. You necks should be tooting your XXX bottles everyday that your owner is an *****. Otherwise, you'd have what to root for on Sunday? Oh, I forgot, you guys do have a hockey team-Bwahahahahaha!

Double Barrel
09-18-2008, 03:40 PM

How so? Reliant Stadium has seven years of consecutive sellouts. Bob McNair has too much class to act like a low class, piece of crap owner like Pud Adams and hold a football team for ransom to the highest bidder.

Just remember, a tiger can't change his stripes. One day Pud or his demon offspring will do the same to Neckville. It's in his family's nature. He's lying piece of human garbage, and you will feel the same way about him one day.

Texan_Bill
09-18-2008, 03:49 PM
What do you expect? The SOB was actually born in Oklahoma, so he's just another carpet bagging, snake oil salesman...

Texan_Bill
09-18-2008, 03:54 PM
http://www.forbes.com/images/2001/04/26/bud_adams_250X260.jpg = http://msp86.photobucket.com/albums/k108/countryrickrocks/weird_science_large_02.jpg

Blazing Arrow
09-18-2008, 04:07 PM

What garbage did he spew. To paraphrase he said we take the time to beat your team once a season in Houston. True: Titans are 5-1 in Houston

He mocked the beating of the Bud Adams is Satan drum. It has been 10 seasons get over it all ready or at least move on. You have a new team and you don't want the Oilers back. That is like bitching about an ex going off and dating someone new and having no desire at all to be with them again. It just sounds bitter. No one in TN lobbied hard to get the Oilers to move. So saying they stole something is a HUGE stretch. On top of that Adams owns the team, how do you steal something from yourself?

I am sure allot of people in Houston do not remember the hay day of the Oilers. Are they not Houston fans? I bet TB knows a hell of a lot more information about the Oilers/Titans that most on this board. Your only rebuttal to that is "yeah but he did not live here".

You can't steal something that is already yours so stop beating that drum. Teams move ... it happens. It actually happens allot. NY Giants became the SF Giants should old school Giants fans still be griping about how they got their team 'stolen'?

Texan_Bill
09-18-2008, 04:12 PM
NY Giants became the SF Giants should old school Giants fans still be griping about how they got their team 'stolen'?

I don't know for sure, but I'm fairly confident that the Giants did not leave a huge debt to tax payers. Bud Adams left us a debt that came from taking out our beloved "pin-ball machine scoreboard" to add 10,000 more seats. Then he bailedl... Who got stuck with that bill? Taxpayers of Harris County.

jaayteetx
09-18-2008, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=ChildressTitanMan;1000716]Earn a team?

Lost all credability right there.

Honoring Earl 34
09-18-2008, 04:51 PM
I don't know for sure, but I'm fairly confident that the Giants did not leave a huge debt to tax payers. Bud Adams left us a debt that came from taking out our beloved "pin-ball machine scoreboard" to add 10,000 more seats. Then he bailedl... Who got stuck with that bill? Taxpayers of Harris County.

You are 100% correct about Bud taking the city hostage and the city told him to screw himself . He wanted to use Nashville for leverage and his bluff was called . Bud never could understand why he was the most despised man in the city .

We are told to get over it but does anyone think that VY was drafted for any other reason than Bud wanted to stick it to Houston again . Now VY has come apart like a cheap rug and set the Titans back in the QB dept ... that's funny .

Texan_Bill
09-18-2008, 05:03 PM
You are 100% correct about Bud taking the city hostage and the city told him to screw himself . He wanted to use Nashville for leverage and his bluff was called . Bud never could understand why he was the most despised man in the city .

We are told to get over it but does anyone think that VY was drafted for any other reason than Bud wanted to stick it to Houston again . Now VY has come apart like a cheap rug and set the Titans back in the QB dept ... that's funny .

Don't forget, he pimped himself out to JAX just to get those extra 10,000 to begin with. So, there was the first sign that he was going to screw us eventually...

Honoring Earl 34
09-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Don't forget, he pimped himself out to JAX just to get those extra 10,000 to begin with. So, there was the first sign that he was going to screw us eventually...

Yep ... I remember seeing Alabama at the rodeo when the dome was under construction and it was like 30 degrees because the walls were ripped out . Believe it or not it was to cold to drink beer .

Double Barrel
09-18-2008, 06:01 PM
If I had any respect for a bandwagon troll, I'd bother to respond to Blazing Anus. But I don't, so I won't. Dude lives to troll this board. I think it's a personality disorder or something equally whack, evidenced by his quick rush to defend the slimeball Adams and the other inbred children from Uranus troll.

Blazing Arrow
09-18-2008, 06:09 PM

You held by your guns good for you. Now stop bitching about doing it. You gloat about how smart the city was not to pay 'satan's' price then whine about how your team was stolen. Sounds like you had the option you just did not want to pay for it. Your consolation price was the Texans. Have fun with that. :redface:

Blazing Arrow
09-18-2008, 06:12 PM
If I had any respect for a bandwagon troll, I'd bother to respond to Blazing Anus. But I don't, so I won't. Dude lives to troll this board. I think it's a personality disorder or something equally whack, evidenced by his quick rush to defend the slimeball Adams and the other inbred children from Uranus troll.

:cry2:

Expalin again how I bandwagon for a team that went 2-14 before the move? This one always makes me laugh. Oh and don't flatter yourself I post on allot of rival boards.

:blowakiss:

spurstexanstros
09-18-2008, 06:21 PM

I guess they dont understand that we in Texas have ummm backbones and very long memories. I just love how Tack fan try to claim the oiler greats as their own. Moon, Jefferies , Givens, Matthews, The TYLER FREAKING ROSE.

I worked for Red McCombs and I ran into Mr. Earl Campbell on a promotional day and I told him I grew up watching the oilers and how hurt I was the franchise I rooted for left me high and dry. He said he understood and he was disappointed. I asked him which team he was loyal to and he told me that he played for Houston and for the state of Texas and he was an will always be remebered as an oiler and he had no loyalty to either the Texans or the Titans.

this was in 2002 so maybe things could have changed.

Texan_Bill
09-18-2008, 06:21 PM
You held by your guns good for you. Now stop bitching about doing it. You gloat about how smart the city was not to pay 'satan's' price then whine about how your team was stolen. Sounds like you had the option you just did not want to pay for it. Your consolation price was the Texans. Have fun with that. :redface:

I'm reminded of this old saying:

"It is better to have died poor and happy, than to be rich and dancing with the devil."

spurstexanstros
09-18-2008, 06:24 PM
ray childress? Titan? Ray was a Houston Oiler for most of of his career.

i thought we gave them a franchise in shambles?

Double Barrel
09-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Expalin again how I bandwagon for a team that went 2-14 before the move? This one always makes me laugh. Oh and don't flatter yourself I post on allot of rival boards.

While I give you credit for being a Houston Oilers fan before they became the inbred children of Uranus, you are the very definition of the term "bandwagon fan". You grew up in San Francisco, home of a historic NFL team, but root for a team in another city. It meant nothing to you to see the team move and basically destroy it's past identity, because you have always only been a fan from afar.

You lack any credibility to understand being a fanatic for the hometown team, living and breathing the team with your fellow tribe members, attending all home games, staying until 0:00 of every game regardless of the score.

You will never understand what "Houston proud" means and the bond it creates between local fanatics.

Did you find the columbia blue to be pretty so you chose them? I will never understand the nature of bandwagon fans, but I don't need to comprehend them, simply because I could care less. I've dealt with bandwagon Cowboy fans my whole life, and you are no different than them. Pud Adams could screw the fans of Neckville and it would still mean nothing to you, because you blindly bandwagon whatever team and city the fat slug changes to. I'm starting to realize that you are really a fan of the owner as much as a fan of the franchise.

Go ahead with your little retort. The flattery is all you, being a troll that likes everyone to pay you some attention. Why else would you constantly troll other teams' sites? Crying for attention is the obvious answer.

Blazing Arrow
09-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Or I like to find out what a rival team is doing. When you insult me in this manner you insult people on this board who do the exact same thing.

Double Barrel
09-18-2008, 07:28 PM
The people of this board are my friends. We know each other, we hang and bond through mutual association. We share a common passion. We share roots and shared experiences.

I get more rep from putting you worthless trolls in your proper place than anything else. If you'd respect us, you'd get it in return. But as it is, your continued attempts to insult and belittle our team and it's fans will be met with fire accordingly. If you can't stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen. And quit crying about it when you ask for the attention. It's pathetic.

I could have sworn that trolls were impervious to 'insults'. It is the reason for your existence on this board. "Don't flatter yourself" when I tell it like it is. You constantly beg for it, like a little dog whimpering for it's chew toy.

Have a nice day and all that jazz. :howdy:

Blazing Arrow
09-18-2008, 07:46 PM
The people of this board are my friends. We know each other, we hang and bond through mutual association. We share a common passion. We share roots and shared experiences.

I get more rep from putting you worthless trolls in your proper place than anything else. If you'd respect us, you'd get it in return. But as it is, your continued attempts to insult and belittle our team and it's fans will be met with fire accordingly. If you can't stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen. And quit crying about it when you ask for the attention. It's pathetic.

I could have sworn that trolls were impervious to 'insults'. It is the reason for your existence on this board. "Don't flatter yourself" when I tell it like it is. You constantly beg for it, like a little dog whimpering for it's chew toy.

Have a nice day and all that jazz. :howdy:

Actually what is pathetic is coming on here and thinking you are some type of internet hero. See the 17 next to my name? That is rep. at basically the same level of points per post that you have. So before you dismount from your high horse make sure your head does not tip you over. Your internet ego is really starting to weigh in.

No one is hurt by your ‘insults’, the fact that you think you are that important to anyone that has never meet you shows a lot of your personal insecurities. Why can't you just tuck your tail and whimper off when you have nothing to add but some imaginary hero complex for this board.

Talk about not being able to take the heat. This nonsensical BS you are trying to run here make no one respect you. Make a valid argument post something of value, and then maybe your post will get some respect. Until then you are like a whining former bully that grew up to find the world does not just take what you say as law.

If you don’t like me or my posting style put me on ignore or just don’t read the comments. The fact that you take the time just reiterates what I have said above. But thanks for your input I will really take it to heart :rolleyes:

HJam72
09-18-2008, 08:12 PM
First one to read this is a dork! :foottap:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

ESAD2-14
09-18-2008, 08:25 PM
First one to read this is a dork! :foottap:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

Sorry man.

I was a dork well before I read this post. :splits:

Honoring Earl 34
09-18-2008, 08:27 PM
ray childress? Titan? Ray was a Houston Oiler for most of of his career.

i thought we gave them a franchise in shambles?

I think Ray finished as a Cowboy .

ESAD2-14
09-18-2008, 08:44 PM
I think Ray finished as a Cowboy .

Link for Ray (wiki)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Childress

1997 Oilers (Tennessee :()Roster
http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/rosters.nsf/Annual/1997-ten

You all can judge for yourself if it was in shambles or not. I personally do not think it was a stacked team, but a solid team.

Wish we had that secondary now. Marcus Robertson, Blaine Bishop, Darryl Lewis, Steve Jackson, even had Tony's son Anthony Dorsett on that squad.

spurstexanstros
09-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Actually what is pathetic is coming on here and thinking you are some type of internet hero. See the 17 next to my name? That is rep. at basically the same level of points per post that you have. So before you dismount from your high horse make sure your head does not tip you over. Your internet ego is really starting to weigh in.

No one is hurt by your ‘insults’, the fact that you think you are that important to anyone that has never meet you shows a lot of your personal insecurities. Why can't you just tuck your tail and whimper off when you have nothing to add but some imaginary hero complex for this board.

Talk about not being able to take the heat. This nonsensical BS you are trying to run here make no one respect you. Make a valid argument post something of value, and then maybe your post will get some respect. Until then you are like a whining former bully that grew up to find the world does not just take what you say as law.

If you don’t like me or my posting style put me on ignore or just don’t read the comments. The fact that you take the time just reiterates what I have said above. But thanks for your input I will really take it to heart :rolleyes:

Ok for starters stop reping yourself... it causes blindness.

dude is a hero around here. and his reps are genuine. If you notice the 12,000posts it means that he has been here since the start of this current incarnation of the board perhaps even longer.

Also, these guys do meet when they go to the games, most of them are season ticket holders. As for your crack that DB doesnt mean anything to the posters here I would say he does. When I was a newbie in 2003-or 2004 they welcomed me and didnt rip on my takes because I was new or from San Antonio. I was a huge David Carr fan and they did give me a hard time..... a real hard time.. I was still welcome to post here. This made a difference in my life personally because during a stressful time in my life i was able to come here to escape the reality of my son lying close to death in NICU. My wife was in her hospital bed waiting the three hours until our next opportunity to visit my boy. During those times I would spend the time on the computer posting and getting fired up for the upcoming season. with out Db and the other originals I may have gone crazy.
Now everything is ok, I am earning my PHD and I come to the sites (mainly the main site) to relax... You can only read so much constitutional history before you are bored out of your wits. So I would say that you are wrong posters (good posters) do make a difference. You can rip the team city or whatever, but dont rip the poster on his own team's site. Be prepared for someone to defend themselves or others. For Double Barrel to reach the post count he has without loosing them or being banned says alot. (trust me I have been banned and lost posts for defending a fellow poster)

There is your value.

Double Barrel
09-19-2008, 10:56 AM
BA actually has the ability to conduct decent conversations when he's not acting like a jerk off. But instead of talking about the present game, he continues to show us the worst part of his personality, and then act like a little punk when called to the carpet about it.

Again, I'm not at a Titans or other teams' forums. HE is, and that alone speaks volumes about the attention that he continues to beg for. I'd say that's pretty much the M.O. of a troll, and it's a roll that he revels at being.

It is not friendship he desires, but negative attention. And in that regard, I guess I fell for it. But he knows what the majority think of him around here, and it doesn't phase him. So it's obvious what he's all about at the end of the day.

Tedc
09-19-2008, 11:22 AM

DB is one of my heros. He is a better hero than your sausage king.

Bipolar The Titan
09-19-2008, 11:26 AM

Disagree about McNair... I thought he played well coming out of the gate and played well for an extended period of time... You may or may not remember that we were able to see him in person a few times ourselves... Also, he wasn't drafted as "the Savior". Some thought he was a 'reach' coming from tiny little Alcorn State although also picked #3. VY on the other hand came from a big program, led them to a National Championship and was supposed to the "sure thing"....

you lost me on whatever you were trying to say about history. I get the part about living in the present. I don't mind talking history, I'm just not focused on it. I like to talk history in the context of 5-10 years. Beyond that it's not good for a whole lot... at least not for my purposes.

How can you disagree about McNair? Out of the gate? He was in the practically in the stable for two years. He didn't even start regularly until he was 25 or so and if you compare the stats of Young and McNair they aren't really that much different. People said the same things of McNair as they do of Young in regards to style of play. No one is a sure thing. Everyone knows that. MAC9 had a clear edge in composure it seems. However the jury won't be in on Young for a few years. Right now it looks bad but keep in mind that Vince did not have the benefit of sitting like McNair did. As a Houston guy you should be fully aware of that. If you compare the stats of Young to that of McNair through 30 starts you will see.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=733
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=9589

Señor Stan
09-19-2008, 11:33 AM
. Right now it looks bad but keep in mind that Vince did not have the benefit of sitting like McNair did.

Young will be sitting alot now...so he has that going for him.

Bipolar The Titan
09-19-2008, 11:33 AM
BA actually has the ability to conduct decent conversations when he's not acting like a jerk off. But instead of talking about the present game, he continues to show us the worst part of his personality, and then act like a little punk when called to the carpet about it.

Again, I'm not at a Titans or other teams' forums. HE is, and that alone speaks volumes about the attention that he continues to beg for. I'd say that's pretty much the M.O. of a troll, and it's a roll that he revels at being.

It is not friendship he desires, but negative attention. And in that regard, I guess I fell for it. But he knows what the majority think of him around here, and it doesn't phase him. So it's obvious what he's all about at the end of the day.

lay off him. He and I have a concerted effort in place to rally up guys to come over here in the spirit of f2fa. It's game week. He is entiled to take leave of his senses and be a prick two weeks out of the year. Any other week he's "good 'ole Arrow" to you guys...

I roll the same way at Coltfreaks... if there is something good going on here, he let's me know... if there's something cooking at 'freaks I let him know... he's not some lone troll... he's a goTitans guy with goTitans friends that come to party with you guys. We put our pants on one leg at a time just like you. Spare me the "woe is me" routine. :violin

HOU-TEX
09-19-2008, 11:37 AM
lay off him. He and I have a concerted effort in place to rally up guys to come over here in the spirit of f2fa. It's game week. He is entiled to take leave of his senses and be a prick two weeks out of the year. Any other week he's "good 'ole Arrow" to you guys...

I roll the same way at Coltfreaks... if there is something good going on here, he let's me know... if there's something cooking at 'freaks I let him know... he's not some lone troll... he's a goTitans guy with goTitans friends that come to party with you guys. We put our pants on one leg at a time just like you. Spare me the "woe is me" routine. :violin

Nah, he's always an asshat.

And....LOL @ you telling DB to lay off of him. Are you sticking up for your wittle brudder at the pwaygwound. Classic!

Texan_Bill
09-19-2008, 11:45 AM
you lost me on whatever you were trying to say about history. I get the part about living in the present. I don't mind talking history, I'm just not focused on it. I like to talk history in the context of 5-10 years. Beyond that it's not good for a whole lot... at least not for my purposes.

How can you disagree about McNair? Out of the gate? He was in the practically in the stable for two years. He didn't even start regularly until he was 25 or so and if you compare the stats of Young and McNair they aren't really that much different. People said the same things of McNair as they do of Young in regards to style of play. No one is a sure thing. Everyone knows that. MAC9 had a clear edge in composure it seems. However the jury won't be in on Young for a few years. Right now it looks bad but keep in mind that Vince did not have the benefit of sitting like McNair did. As a Houston guy you should be fully aware of that. If you compare the stats of Young to that of McNair through 30 starts you will see.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=733
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=9589

Bill... so what? I watch the came for the present. Not for the past.

Sounds like someone who wants to deny the past, that's all.

With respect to McNair, I don't need a re-cap of his career. His first full year as starter was his third... Two years on the bench (save a few appearances) < than VY who has been the starter for basically his first two years...

Put it this way. McNair threw more interceptions than touchdowns twice in his career and one of those was in his final season as a Raven in which he only started 6 games (2 TD's, 4 INT)... The only other time was in 10th season (7 TD's, 8 INT's), in only 8 starts....

At no point, was McNair in jeopardy of being benched....

Double Barrel
09-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Nah, he's always an asshat.

And....LOL @ you telling DB to lay off of him. Are you sticking up for your wittle brudder at the pwaygwound. Classic!

They are sausage buddies. :hobie::hobie:

Bipolar The Titan
09-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Sounds like someone who wants to deny the past, that's all.

With respect to McNair, I don't need a re-cap of his career. His first full year as starter was his third... Two years on the bench (save a few appearances) < than VY who has been the starter for basically his first two years...

Put it this way. McNair threw more interceptions than touchdowns twice in his career and one of those was in his final season as a Raven in which he only started 6 games (2 TD's, 4 INT)... The only other time was in 10th season (7 TD's, 8 INT's), in only 8 starts....

At no point, was McNair in jeopardy of being benched....

all points on McNair taken. I know you don't need any recap... Other elements of the stats are similar though. I don't really have the inclination to argue it further.

These history and past remarks I don't get... if it's good, it's Houston's heritage and if it's bad it's our dismal legacy... I just want to take the franchise at face value for what it is... this double edged sword cherry picking stuff is ridiculous to me and let me emphasize that it's not coming from you so much as it's what I'm talking about. Maybe I just don't get it. Maybe Houstonians have a selective memory... I don't really care. I would have been fine with an Art Modell type of arrangement. At the end of the day it's just a team in a place in a time. It happens to be the Titans in Nashville in 2008. That's what I am a fan of. That is what I pay to see.

If 30 years from Now Nashville doesn't give Bud Adam's nephew whatever he wants and if your still alive go ahead and have the last laugh. I would imagine that Nashville would learn from Houston and do as Indianapolis has done. Hopefully by that time the Titans will have a title.

spurstexanstros
09-19-2008, 12:28 PM
all points on McNair taken. I know you don't need any recap... Other elements of the stats are similar though. I don't really have the inclination to argue it further.

These history and past remarks I don't get... if it's good, it's Houston's heritage and if it's bad it's our dismal legacy... I just want to take the franchise at face value for what it is... this double edged sword cherry picking stuff is ridiculous to me and let me emphasize that it's not coming from you so much as it's what I'm talking about. Maybe I just don't get it. Maybe Houstonians have a selective memory... I don't really care. I would have been fine with an Art Modell type of arrangement. At the end of the day it's just a team in a place in a time. It happens to be the Titans in Nashville in 2008.(LA 2010) That's what I am a fan of. That is what I pay to see.

If 30 years from Now Nashville doesn't give Bud Adam's nephew whatever he wants and if your still alive go ahead and have the last laugh. I would imagine that Nashville would learn from Houston and do as Indianapolis has done. Hopefully by that time the Titans will have a title.

Bud Adams will be alive....evil lives forever.

Texans_Chick
09-19-2008, 12:54 PM
[/B]

Bud Adams will be alive....evil lives forever.

I understand he eats human hearts to keep him alive.

I have a hard time seeing how the Titans won't be having the same sorts of problems that the Steelers and Bills are having in keeping teams within families. Those are much more traditional franchises, and the tax consequences of deaths to the main owner make it difficult for the descendants to pay to keep a team.

Blazing Arrow
09-19-2008, 01:02 PM
They are sausage buddies. :hobie::hobie:

:potkettle:

I think in your main forum I made valid points about the positions of our teams. If you think I was in error speak up. They may have been direct and to the point but don't tag me as a troll then push your chest out about having some huge rep power. That is a flat out abuse of power.

Now I don't have any issues with you DB but at time you seem to just brush me off as a troll with little to no reason.

I have not attacked a poster and have not blown anything out of proportion. I route for a different team then you and we happen to be playing this week. And yes I do antagonize conversation but some great football conversation can start just by telling someone there team sucks.

Texan_Bill
09-19-2008, 01:53 PM
These history and past remarks I don't get... if it's good, it's Houston's heritage and if it's bad it's our dismal legacy... I just want to take the franchise at face value for what it is... this double edged sword cherry picking stuff is ridiculous to me and let me emphasize that it's not coming from you so much as it's what I'm talking about. Maybe I just don't get it. Maybe Houstonians have a selective memory... I don't really care. I would have been fine with an Art Modell type of arrangement. At the end of the day it's just a team in a place in a time. It happens to be the Titans in Nashville in 2008. That's what I am a fan of. That is what I pay to see.

:potkettle: with respect to 'selective memory'. On the one hand you have Tinnbred fans clamoring about Earl Campbell and such. On the other hand they don't want the history of the Oilers, unless it is the good stuff...

Old Oilers fans such as myself don't cling on to only the good things, we remember the bad as well... We lived it. But we lived, Earl, Elvin, Kenny(s), Dr. Doom, Warren. And now y'all want to put some of those guys in your ring of honor??? Pffft, Pleeeease!! I think most of us would have been with an Art Modell type of arrangement too.. BUT, we also take solice in knowing that two of our most beloved Oilers want no parts of Bud or the Titans. Thanks Bum and Earl...

Bipolar The Titan
09-19-2008, 01:55 PM
:potkettle:

I think in your main forum I made valid points about the positions of our teams. If you think I was in error speak up. They may have been direct and to the point but don't tag me as a troll then push your chest out about having some huge rep power. That is a flat out abuse of power.

Now I don't have any issues with you DB but at time you seem to just brush me off as a troll with little to no reason.

I have not attacked a poster and have not blown anything out of proportion. I route for a different team then you and we happen to be playing this week. And yes I do antagonize conversation but some great football conversation can start just by telling someone there team sucks.Yeah, DB... I agree. I don't want to have a diminished respect for you. However Arrow, although DB has influence it's not like he's moderation. I do recall that he any Vinny both were extremely cool to me when I appeared... but yes, playing the troll card against quality, established poster is low.

Bipolar The Titan
09-19-2008, 02:01 PM
:potkettle: with respect to 'selective memory'. On the one hand you have Tinnbred fans clamoring about Earl Campbell and such. On the other hand they don't want the history of the Oilers, unless it is the good stuff...

Old Oilers fans such as myself don't cling on to only the good things, we remember the bad as well... We lived it. But we lived, Earl, Elvin, Kenny(s), Dr. Doom, Warren. And now y'all want to put some of those guys in your ring of honor??? Pffft, Pleeeease!! I think most of us would have been with an Art Modell type of arrangement too.. BUT, we also take solice in knowing that two of our most beloved Oilers want no parts of Bud or the Titans. Thanks Bum and Earl...

My name ain't "they"... I take the good with the bad... if you will even let me have it... You guys should have fought to keep the colors and the name if it meant so much and let Bud go on. I said I would have been fine with a Ravens type arrangement... The ring... that's Bud Adams... it's his team.. he lived it too. He has every right. I'd imagine a majority of Titan fans are indifferent. I respect the history. As for Philips and Campbell... whatever turns their crank...

Texan_Bill
09-19-2008, 02:08 PM
My name ain't "they"... I take the good with the bad... if you will even let me have it... You guys should have fought to keep the colors and the name if it meant so much and let Bud go on. I said I would have been fine with a Ravens type arrangement... The ring... that's Bud Adams... it's his team.. he lived it too. He has every right. I'd imagine a majority of Titan fans are indifferent. I respect the history. As for Philips and Campbell... whatever turns their crank...

I'm guessing it aint Bipolar either so wth?? You talk like a "they"...

HOU-TEX
09-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Yeah, DB... I agree. I don't want to have a diminished respect for you. However Arrow, although DB has influence it's not like he's moderation. I do recall that he any Vinny both were extremely cool to me when I appeared... but yes, playing the troll card against quality, established poster is low.

LMAO! "Quality...established" That's beautiful!

Honestly, Bulluck53 seems to be the only tit fan worthy of an honest football conversation.

Blazing Arrow
09-19-2008, 02:48 PM
LMAO! "Quality...established" That's beautiful!

Honestly, Bulluck53 seems to be the only tit fan worthy of an honest football conversation.

I've been on this board probably as long as you have. You guys generally know what you are talking about and for the most part have a good sense of humor.

Any way you slice I have ordered a pretty large helping of crow :thisbig: if we lose, but if we win it is just what is supposed to happen.

Double Barrel
09-19-2008, 04:01 PM

I have not attacked a poster and have not blown anything out of proportion. I route for a different team then you and we happen to be playing this week. And yes I do antagonize conversation but some great football conversation can start just by telling someone there team sucks.

I was not saying anything about my rep other than many members of this board agree with me when I take trolling to task. Sorry bud, but you are not well liked by the majority of this board. This isn't "puffing my chest" or whatever straw man that you're trying to build. It's a simple fact that rival fans who act ugly are not well received. Other fans who show respect are treated with respect. I don't understand why you cannot comprehend the difference or just choose not to understand that point.

I'm not some kind of public defender or "internet hero" (according to your spewage). I'm nothing more than a Texans fanatic that speaks my mind, especially in the face of continued trollish behavior by folks who seem to revel in it. As a moderator of both main Texans boards among others, it is part of my duties to keep trolls in check. This is the only board that I frequent that even allows it to begin with, and when it's abused, I'm going to respond accordingly.

If it hurts your feelings, perhaps you should review your own behavior and how it comes across to others. Toronto is a Titans fan and he is a great member of this board. So it all comes down to how you present yourself at the end of the day.

Yeah, DB... I agree. I don't want to have a diminished respect for you. However Arrow, although DB has influence it's not like he's moderation. I do recall that he any Vinny both were extremely cool to me when I appeared... but yes, playing the troll card against quality, established poster is low.

I really have no qualms with BA, until he starts pushing buttons for the sole reason of trolling this forum. Perhaps quality is in the eye of the beholder, but you have already admitted to having some sort of alliance that seems to revolve around trolling opposing teams' forums.

Respect is met with respect. Trolling is met with torches and pitchforks.

Vinny
09-19-2008, 04:19 PM
we have a nickname for blazing arrow in the mod lounge...not sure I should repeat it though. :tiphat:

Señor Stan
09-19-2008, 04:27 PM
we have a nickname for blazing arrow in the mod lounge...not sure I should repeat it though. :tiphat:

Cool Arrow?

HOU-TEX
09-19-2008, 04:27 PM

You can translate it to Pig Latin if you like. :)

Texan_Bill
09-19-2008, 04:28 PM
*wonders what TB's nickname in the mod forum is* :gun:

Honoring Earl 34
09-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Blazing arrow = syphilis $^%$

HOU-TEX
09-19-2008, 04:29 PM

*Gheyness*

Vinny
09-19-2008, 04:31 PM
well, "blazing anus" wasn't coined by me but I thought it was kinda funny in lieu of his forum personality (rival fan pot stirrer)....not that there is anything wrong with that. Don't shoot the messenger!

disaacks3
09-19-2008, 04:44 PM

Bud wouldn't give up the name, colors, etc. - he wanted the Oilers legacy and the Titans one as well. I don't deny him the right as owner to do these things, but it's just another reason why he is PNG in much of Houston.

Blazing Arrow
09-19-2008, 04:55 PM
well, "blazing anus" wasn't coined by me but I thought it was kinda funny in lieu of his forum personality (rival fan pot stirrer)....not that there is anything wrong with that. Don't shoot the messenger!

I've been called worst. I don't take what is said on here as personally as some of you might I guess. Comes with the territory of being a 'troll'. I am Flamming Bowling Ball or FBB on Jaguars.com :smiliedance:

I'm not a guy who pulls punches. Your team is what it is ... the Titans are a team that is what it is.

When I say the Texans have poor secondary play and most of the players that start especially at S would not start on almost any other team the reaction is 'what an ass' but is the statement inaccurate? I honestly do not think so.

On the same note I say Young sucks and have been vocal about him probably not playing on our team as a starter again. I don't see that as being an inaccurate statement either.

Personally I want your fan base to come back and say so and so sucks. It gets pretty tiring reading a bunch of the same posts over and over about my team being the greatest thing since sliced bread and struggling to make a .500 record (that's a dig on the Titans a few years back BTW). I would rather hear what other fans who do not like my team think about them and the weaknesses. It adds for interesting football conversation instead of a bunch of yes men patting each other on the back.

I guess to each there own.

Texan_Bill
09-19-2008, 04:57 PM
*Gheyness*

If so, I'm pretty sure you would be considered my submissive.... *subby*

Double Barrel
09-19-2008, 05:14 PM

Your mod forum name is mother fu...oh wait, you weren't seriously asking? :neener:

Nope, no name for you! Only trollish behavior earns the vitriol of mods.

Texan_Bill
09-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Your mod forum name is mother fu...oh wait, you weren't seriously asking? :neener:

Nope, no name for you! Only trollish behavior earns the vitriol of mods.

LMAO!!!! I would have thought worse than mother f..... But knowing I don't have one at all really sucks. I'm disappointed.. :cry2:

Blazing Arrow
09-19-2008, 05:38 PM
LMAO!!!! I would have thought worse than mother f..... But knowing I don't have one at all really sucks. I'm disappointed.. :cry2:

I am sure mine can be adapted if you like Bill :winky:

Double Barrel
09-19-2008, 05:49 PM

Well, you were almost Mr. Sausage, but then VY did his thing and stole it from you. Plus, hobie would've pitched a fit, and we didn't need that scene on our hands.

Thorn
09-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Screw the inbreads. I hate them.

I really hate Bud Adams, and hope his teams loses every game from here on out. However, I must admit, there is no team in the NFL I hate more than the Cowpatties. My blind hated for them over shadows my hate for Bud's teams. Sorry.

but, in any case, just to be in spirit of the thread, I hate the Tacks. I really do.

Texecutioner
09-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Well there may be some homers in here, but not everyone is all rainbows and sunshine about everything the Texans do. I love my team, but that also makes me passionate and maybe irrational at times, just like any fan but supporting your team through the dumb and dumber times of management is what being a true fan is all about. Coaches and management will always change, and some will have success while others will fall short of expectations. Mcnair will hit the right jackpot eventually with who he hires. He just needs to get more acclimated to the NFL and how he can have success with the right personal that can be consistent and have a good QB on top of that.

The Titans with Collins or with Young still don't have a legit shot at the SB. They could make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs at most, but not anywhere further than that. At the end of the day the Titans will still need to find a QB the same way we will if we feel that Shaub isn't the right guy right now, and neither is Rosenfels. We actually have two guys to take a look at. while we know Collins can't do it and neither can VY this year any way. To get through the AFC playoffs, you're going to need a QB that can take you through the intensity of the post season.

Specnatz
09-20-2008, 12:14 AM

Would yours be Mao-Tsé-Toung

Vinny
09-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Would yours be Mao-Tsé-Toung

why? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53687) (you ask in a thread)...but you won't PM me. If you want to talk football here I encourage you to talk some football and stop the non stop crybaby stuff 'cause I'm taking it off the public boards if you do.....and I'll boot you if you keep it up - like I always do. That's why.

Psychop1
09-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Blahditty blah blah blah blah.

Notice you don't deny that your owner named your team after the products of mother fornication, etc.

Wins and losses change from year to year, but you will have the Bud and his offspring (until at some point the figure out that like they need to sell the team to a bigger market that they can make more money) and you will always be named after a repulsive Greek myth.

And, I will be always happy that opposing fans will be able to use this YouTube to smack on you guys for eternity. Such is the beauty of film. :cool:

Yet, to upstage Bud, Bob McNair named his franchise after real creatures born of mother fornication, as opposed to mythological.

Psychop1
09-20-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm reminded of this old saying:

"It is better to have died poor and happy, than to be rich and dancing with the devil."

Someone say that after dying poor and happy???

Wolf
09-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Yet, to upstage Bud, Bob McNair named his franchise after real creatures born of mother fornication, as opposed to mythological.

you talking about Stonerside stable? (which hence has been sold)
http://www.stonerside.com/

:heh:

Psychop1
09-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Wtf???

Brando
09-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Someone say that after dying poor and happy???

No.

Wolf
09-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Wtf???

I figured you were talking about his horse racing franchise and the names of the horses , because if not it was weak smack if you were talking about the Texans name

Psychop1
09-20-2008, 01:47 PM
I figured you were talking about his horse racing franchise and the names of the horses , because if not it was weak smack if you were talking about the Texans name

Wow, your smack is weak smack smack. I must counter this with your smack is weak smack smack is weak smack. Where's the jerkoff smilies???

Wolf
09-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Wow, your smack is weak smack smack. I must counter this with your smack is weak smack smack is weak smack. Where's the jerkoff smilies???

well mine wasn't smack..and I have admitted that I am not a good smack talker in other posts

anyway.. other than that excellent post and welcome to the board

Brando
09-20-2008, 01:58 PM

You calling someone's smack weak is freakin hilarious.

Here is your jerkoff smilie......

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/Amberlybutterfly/Texans%20Signatures%20and%20pics/titans%20suck/bud_adams_250X260.jpg

Wolf
09-20-2008, 02:01 PM
You calling someone's smack weak is freakin hilarious. We don't have jerkoff smilies here, the Titans trolls are sufficient.

I don't even thing we need that kind of smilies when real pictures do the trick I guess

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums//showpost.php?p=1000151&postcount=13

Brando
:lol:

Psychop1
09-20-2008, 02:32 PM
I don't even thing we need that kind of smilies when real pictures do the trick I guess

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums//showpost.php?p=1000151&postcount=13

Brando
:lol:

When in Rome...

Psychop1
09-20-2008, 02:34 PM
You calling someone's smack weak is freakin hilarious.

Here is your jerkoff smilie......

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/Amberlybutterfly/Texans%20Signatures%20and%20pics/titans%20suck/bud_adams_250X260.jpg

You keep it. Looks sticky to me. Why is that???

Brando
09-20-2008, 02:37 PM
You keep it. Looks creepy to me. Why is that???

fixed

I don't know, he is the owner of your team, you tell me.

Psychop1
09-20-2008, 02:43 PM
fixed

He is my king. I owe him my life. Quotes are fun

Fixed.

Brando
09-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Fixed.

Wake me up when you have better smack.http://www.fiero.nl/forum/smiley_yawn.gif

Psychop1
09-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Wake me up when you have better smack.http://www.fiero.nl/forum/smiley_yawn.gif

Hey look, more of your smack is weak smack smack. Must be the theme here today.

Kaiser Toro
09-21-2008, 02:39 AM
I had a pretty good day today on college football - one five teamer and one four teamer. I am going to load up on the Titans tomorrow on a money line and buy a Texans win.

I am staying with my buddy, who is a Steelers' fan and he kept the Steelers/Texans game on the whole day while we watched college football. It drove me so insane to do something stupid - like pushing my winnings to the Titans, but I am desperate for a win against this divisional opponent.

spurstexanstros
09-21-2008, 03:17 AM
One more time before i go to bed......Titans suck.... their fans suck.... Fat albert is gonna get his.... Mario is gonna smack Collins up side the head and texans will roll to victory dominating every facet of the game. hmmm that koolaid kicked in and time to pass out. GO TEXANS

ChildressTitanMan
09-21-2008, 04:27 AM
Hats off to you guys.

This new zone blocking scheme your running against Blazing Arrow is a great idea.You should try it for your O line.:gun:

Señor Stan
09-21-2008, 04:32 AM
I had a pretty good day today on college football - one five teamer and one four teamer. I am going to load up on the Titans tomorrow on a money line and buy a Texans win.

Back in my gamblin' days I used to do this with the Oilers a bit. I used to call it the "Victory Tax". Worked more often than it didn't.

Hats off to KT for ponying up. :tiphat:

Señor Stan
09-21-2008, 04:35 AM
Where's the jerkoff smilies???

Right here.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=15779&dateline=1192739264

Psychop1
09-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Right here.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=15779&dateline=1192739264

THAT'S more like it.

Just want to get something going before today's game.

Tedc
09-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Where's the jerkoff smilies???

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/Tedc/VYdrunk2-1-1.jpg

Wolf
09-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Here is to a good game today and hopefully a Texan victory

and I just want to leave you Titan fans a beautiful picture to look at after the game :heh:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dawpa2000/2301570230/

Wolf
09-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Here is to a good game today and hopefully a Texan victory

and I just want to leave you Titan fans a beautiful picture to look at after the game :heh:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dawpa2000/2301570230/

to be fair, I like my crow with black pepper and jalapenos with ranch dressing

and after the Texan offense today , I think a rick rolling is better
and to say I am not bluffing and went to the damn thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

Blazing Arrow
09-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Good game guys.

HOU-TEX
09-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Good game guys.

Shutup!!

ChildressTitanMan
09-22-2008, 12:03 PM
:goodpost::blowakiss:

HOU-TEX
09-22-2008, 12:12 PM
:goodpost::blowakiss:

LOL! Well, what do you want me to say?

We got our ass beat again. There, you happy now?

Texan_Bill
09-22-2008, 12:17 PM
In the words of Jim Ross, "Good God Almighty, the Texans were beaten like a government mule!!!" :gun:

although I really didn't expect much different. I had us going 1 and 4 - after 5 games....

Double Barrel
09-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Good game guys.

yeah, y'all got a good team (as much as that hurts me to say it).

HOU-TEX
09-22-2008, 12:19 PM
In the words of Jim Ross, "Good God Almighty, the Texans were beaten like a government mule!!!" :gun:

although I really didn't expect much different. I had us going 1 and 4 - after 5 games....

Yeah, I wasn't expecting anything different myself. Although it would've been nice to at least compete.

titanbuoy
09-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Good luck the rest of the season guys.

Beyond football, I hope things return to something close to normal down there as soon as possible. Keep the faith.

The Colts suck.
The Jags suck.
The Steelers suck.

Blazing Arrow
09-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Shutup!!

I could have been harsher? The game spoke for itself. You guys need to move on and focus on beating the Jags.

Tedc
09-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Good game by the Titans. They kept to their gameplan and we didn't have one, apparently.

We will catch you later this season and attempt to repay the favor. Hopefully we will have the bugs worked out by then.

hadaad
09-25-2008, 05:47 PM

I can't speak for ALL Canadian a-holes but to call us the WORST a-holes... ouch.

Tedc
09-26-2008, 06:52 AM
I can't speak for ALL Canadian a-holes but to call us the WORST a-holes... ouch.

Remember, he IS a Titan fan.

Blazing Arrow
10-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Rough few games for the herd .... :gun:

HOU-TEX
10-06-2008, 03:51 PM

I knew my balls were going to itch. :thinking:

Double Barrel
10-06-2008, 04:18 PM

No doubt about it. Watching your team go 5-0 for the first time in franchise history makes it even worse.

Please do us a favor and don't come talking smack for our next game. Consider it a mercy rule. ;)

Blazing Arrow
10-06-2008, 04:50 PM
I wanted to say something but not trying to make it smack. Actually I was calling out the score until the final quarter melt down while watching the Titans game. A Houston win would have been huge for the Titans. When does Robinson come back? Any word if he has his legs this season or will be playing with cement shoes? Does Sage really get the boot after one bad game? Remember Garrard two seasons ago threw 2 INTs and had another 2 Fumbles. The fans were ready to burn him at the stake and he came back and had an amazing season last year.

5-0 looking good. If it makes you feel better I have a bet with a female colts fan that if we do not go 7-0 I have to wear a pink Titans jersey to the final game in Indi.

KC & Indi left ...

You could easily be looking at a 7-0 team rolling into the midway point 3-0 in division and 6-0 in conference. :doot:

ChildressTitanMan
10-08-2008, 08:25 AM
If it makes you feel better I have a bet with a female colts fan that if we do not go 7-0 I have to wear a pink Titans jersey to the final game in Indi.

KC & Indi left ...

You could easily be looking at a 7-0 team rolling into the midway point 3-0 in division and 6-0 in conference. :doot:

He he......in a moment of drunken madness I bet her we'd go 8 - 0 or I have to wear a pink Titans jersey to the final game in Indi.

She said she'd put sequins on the pink jersey too.:yikes:

MeLoveTexans
10-13-2008, 10:28 AM
I was looking at NFL commercials last night and came across this one. Needless to say it put a smile on my face!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpYbRxgAAwo&feature=related