PDA

View Full Version : Colts safety Bob Sanders out 4-6 weeks

jaayteetx
09-17-2008, 10:29 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8573490/Colts-safety-Sanders-will-miss-4-6-weeks
This hurts.

Hardcore Texan
09-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Everyone raves, especially ESPN, about how good this guy is and I do believe his VERY good when he is on the field. But the guy is ALWAYS getting injured, can't help your club from the tub.

DiehardChris
09-17-2008, 10:37 AM
It always kills the Colts when Bob's out of the lineup. I hate to see a guy hurt, but that definitely increases our chances on Oct 5.

jaayteetx
09-17-2008, 10:38 AM
It always kills the Colts when Bob's out of the lineup. I hate to see a guy hurt, but that definitely increases our chances on Oct 5.

yep, we just need to start winning come sep 21st

Hardcore Texan
09-17-2008, 10:39 AM

No doubt he is great against the run, I hope this opens things up for Slaton. But like you said, not wishing injury on anyone but it is part of the game.

YoungTexanFan
09-17-2008, 12:26 PM
It's a tough break, but I really don't believe he is as good as many people claim. I feel he is more of an emotional "elite" player than talent. I feel the same goes for Daunta, but I believe that Sanders actually has the talent to be a noted player at his position.

DiehardChris
09-17-2008, 12:39 PM
It's a tough break, but I really don't believe he is as good as many people claim. I feel he is more of an emotional "elite" player than talent. I feel the same goes for Daunta, but I believe that Sanders actually has the talent to be a noted player at his position.

I disagree. I don't know what their record is without Sanders, but their run defense absolutely goes into the toilet without him. He is every bit as good as the hype around him - and yes, part of that is his ability to be an emotional leader, which makes the guys around him better.

I think when you hear that about a lot of players, it is hype - but not in the case of Bob Sanders.

J-Russ
09-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Starting LT, Tony Ugoh, will also be out about 3 weeks.

Looks like Titans and Texans will be ascending up the AFC South rankings by default of injuries to the real top 2 teams of AFC South. If we still finish last in the division... well then, it won't be pretty around this board, or around league. This is our time to take off the "laughing stock" label that has been put on us for 6 years, Kubiak better not screw this up.

We just need one more off-season, then we can really compete with the whole division, injured or not.

WesmanTexanfan
09-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Bob Sanders out from 4-6 weeks (Bob Sanders out for 4-6)

The 2007 defensive player of the year could miss up to six weeks after spraining his right ankle last weekend at Minnesota, and team officials are contemplating whether Sanders may need arthroscopic surgery on his knee, too.

Hm...