PDA

View Full Version : Matt Schaub BEWARE...........

Hook'er
09-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Cortland Finnegan is leading the league in interceptions, he will most likely be matched up on AJ with safety help all game.

Texan JBZ
09-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Cortland Finnegan is leading the league in interceptions, he will most likely be matched up on AJ with safety help all game.

Beware of Finnegan? Finnegan is good, but you've got it correct that he is going to need a lot of help to cover AJ. Plus, Walt is on the other side matched up one-on-one against Nick Harper. Walt will eat his lunch all game if the Titans decide to double AJ. What Schaub has to beware of is the blindside rush coming from KVB. Jim Schwartz is a masterful DC. The Titans will be applying pressure from every corner of the field. I hope that our pitiful DC takes notes this Sunday.

Corrosion
09-17-2008, 02:54 AM
Beware of Finnegan? Finnegan is good, but you've got it correct that he is going to need a lot of help to cover AJ. Plus, Walt is on the other side matched up one-on-one against Nick Harper. Walt will eat his lunch all game if the Titans decide to double AJ. What Schaub has to beware of is the blindside rush coming from KVB. Jim Schwartz is a masterful DC. The Titans will be applying pressure from every corner of the field. I hope that our pitiful DC takes notes this Sunday.

Me 2 :cool:

:photos::photos::photos::photos:

DiehardChris
09-17-2008, 03:19 AM
Yeah, AJ's greatness means jack bleep if Duane Brown and the rest of the line have a repeat performance. I just hope OUR defense can match the intensity of Tennessee's defense. I mean, I know they won't - but Haynesworth, KVB, Bulluck, etc aren't out to win - they're out to win, hurt, punish, embarrass, and destroy. I actually envy the Titans for their defensive mentality.

Malloy
09-17-2008, 03:32 AM
I just hope that someone breaks Haynesworths neck if he cheapshots Schaub again.... Screw the consequences, Haynesworth has it coming...

Bull Pen 1
09-17-2008, 05:35 AM
Matt Schaub BEWARE........... of Sage.

Thorn
09-17-2008, 06:36 AM
Matt Schaub BEWARE........... of Sage.

:spit:

It's only one game, and as much as I am falling off the Schaub bandwagon, we still need to give him and our O-line a chance.

spurstexanstros
09-17-2008, 08:54 AM
So what is the over/under on what quarter the start sage threads are up?

Runner
09-17-2008, 09:15 AM

Yeah, they are ridiculous - the Texans don't bench quarterbacks that have been named the starter. That is team culture.

hookinreds
09-17-2008, 09:29 AM

What's the over/under on what quarter someone is going to ask the question of what's the over/under on what quarter the start sage threads are up? I think this question is just as tired as the other.

Not attacking you personally...you're just the next contestant on the Price is Right.

Errant Hothy
09-17-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm much more worried about Haynesworth then I am Cortland Finnegan.

The Titans secondary gets most of the INTs off of pressure generated by their front four.

spurstexanstros
09-17-2008, 10:36 AM
What's the over/under on what quarter someone is going to ask the question of what's the over/under on what quarter the start sage threads are up? I think this question is just as tired as the other.

Not attacking you personally...you're just the next contestant on the Price is Right.

Yeah np I understand, I was making point that we cant even get through a game with out that or the fire richard smith thread popping up.

Dancerdog
09-17-2008, 11:15 AM
I've gotta give it to the Tacks for their Defense. That's Defense with a capital "D". I would love to see our D come out with the same INTENSITY and ATTITUDE that the Titans do. I still believe or receiving corps is gonna have a big day against their DB's. I haven't been calling for Richard Smith's head on a platter, but I just feel like our defense doesn't play with HEART, other than Mario, DeMeco and Dunta. Will Demps is also a player that hits like he means it. C'mon Texans. It's time. Now.

J-Russ
09-17-2008, 12:49 PM

I am much more worried for Myers then I am for Schaub.

This guy is going to eat Myers up and poop him out. I hope Kubiak is planning on triple teaming Haynesworth or something, alittle bit of guard and FB help maybe?

Malloy
09-17-2008, 12:56 PM
See this as the ultimate test of the ZBS.

HOU-TEX
09-17-2008, 01:30 PM
I am much more worried for Myers then I am for Schaub.

This guy is going to eat Myers up and poop him out. I hope Kubiak is planning on triple teaming Haynesworth or something, alittle bit of guard and FB help maybe?

After the quotes I've seen of him commenting on cut-blocking, I'd cut his ass every play. He didn't care about Gurode while stomping on his face so screw him. Cut the SOB from the front, back, side or wherever it takes. As long as he's grazing grass after every play.

Texan_Bill
09-17-2008, 01:39 PM
After the quotes I've seen of him commenting on cut-blocking, I'd cut his ass every play. He didn't care about Gurode while stomping on his face so screw him. Cut the SOB from the front, back, side or wherever it takes. As long as he's grazing grass after every play.

He was such a puh ce about the chop blocking scheme. Ironic for him to call something cheap.

HOU-TEX
09-17-2008, 01:47 PM
He was such a puh ce about the chop blocking scheme. Ironic for him to call something cheap.

Yeah, no kidding! More reason to cut his ass. Win or lose, I'd be happy seeing that f-er plant his ugly mug in that ****ty field of theirs.

Texan_Bill
09-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah, no kidding! More reason to cut his ass. Win or lose, I'd be happy seeing that f-er plant his ugly mug in that ****ty field of theirs.

Are we a bit testy today???? I'd love to see some tinnbred fan get froggy with you today..

barrett
09-17-2008, 01:51 PM
I've gotta give it to the Tacks for their Defense. That's Defense with a capital "D". I would love to see our D come out with the same INTENSITY and ATTITUDE that the Titans do. I still believe or receiving corps is gonna have a big day against their DB's. I haven't been calling for Richard Smith's head on a platter, but I just feel like our defense doesn't play with HEART, other than Mario, DeMeco and Dunta. Will Demps is also a player that hits like he means it. C'mon Texans. It's time. Now.

i guess he didn't "mean it" against pittsburgh then on that touchdown pass where our safties were sitting in the back of the endzone and our LB's were underneath at the 10.

HOU-TEX
09-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Are we a bit testy today???? I'd love to see some tinnbred fan get froggy with you today..

I suppose we all are. It'd take a little of the edge off if my insurance adjuster calls soon. I drove to 4 Home Depots and 2 Lowes yesterday in order to find a replacement window pane. Not a one of them could hook me up. I've got a temporary fix on my roof with spare shingles I had in my garage, but the bag and board over the window ain't going to be sufficient whilst waiting on the adjuster.

*ahem* yeah, a little testy yet still realize how fortunate I am compared to others.

I'm not sure I'm ready to deal with titan asshats yet.

Texan_Bill
09-17-2008, 02:22 PM
I suppose we all are. It'd take a little of the edge off if my insurance adjuster calls soon. I drove to 4 Home Depots and 2 Lowes yesterday in order to find a replacement window pane. Not a one of them could hook me up. I've got a temporary fix on my roof with spare shingles I had in my garage, but the bag and board over the window ain't going to be sufficient whilst waiting on the adjuster.

*ahem* yeah, a little testy yet still realize how fortunate I am compared to others.

On a serious note, I have about 8 sheets of 3/4" plywood if you need it or if it will help you out in any way...

"Make the world a better place, punch an asshat in the face!!"

HOU-TEX
09-17-2008, 02:39 PM
On a serious note, I have about 8 sheets of 3/4" plywood if you need it or if it will help you out in any way...

"Make the world a better place, punch an asshat in the face!!"

Thanks, but we've got the window covered now. I'm just looking for someone who might be open and willing to cut and sell me a window.

LOL! That plywood offer would've been nice about 4-5 days ago. I was a dumbass and waited too long to board up. There wasn't any wood left when I figured I'd better board up. I kept waiting for that Northerly turn that didn't occur until after landfall.

I taped them up real good. The tape did it's job by keeping the glass from scattering all over.

I'm debating whether to drop 15-20 Grr on hurricane windows.

Goldensilence
09-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks, but we've got the window covered now. I'm just looking for someone who might be open and willing to cut and sell me a window.

LOL! That plywood offer would've been nice about 4-5 days ago. I was a dumbass and waited too long to board up. There wasn't any wood left when I figured I'd better board up. I kept waiting for that Northerly turn that didn't occur until after landfall.

I taped them up real good. The tape did it's job by keeping the glass from scattering all over.

I'm debating whether to drop 15-20 Grr on hurricane windows.

Storm shutters? Just a thought.

HOU-TEX
09-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Storm shutters? Just a thought.

I've thought about those before. I think they hinder the appearance of the house. Granted, it's been several years since I've looked into them.

I'm not saying I have a pimped out house, but it's nice enough to take pride in it's appearance. Especially since I'll likely be paying for it until I'm retired.

Goldensilence
09-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Thought about that after I posted and looked into them a little bit. Maybe store them away somewhere until another storm hits put them up and you can take them down again. Not sure if that's realistic again just another thought.

HOU-TEX
09-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Thought about that after I posted and looked into them a little bit. Maybe store them away somewhere until another storm hits put them up and you can take them down again. Not sure if that's realistic again just another thought.

Yeah, either way, it's a pain in the butt. Spending the huge amount of money might be worth it in the long run.

Bull Pen 1
09-17-2008, 05:47 PM
:spit:

It's only one game, and as much as I am falling off the Schaub bandwagon, we still need to give him and our O-line a chance.

Oh Oh here we go again with the o-line thing and it's # 8 behine center. Sounds like when Carr was behine center.

Bull Pen 1
09-17-2008, 05:48 PM

Hopefully with 60 minutes left in the game.

TEXANRED
09-17-2008, 08:28 PM

Just try to keep a couple of things in mind as you wait on your adjuster.

1) They are going through the exact same thing you are only they have to deal with grumpy customers. These people probably don't have any lights, food, gas, ice, and having to worry about there families well being and at the same time having to perform a valuable job to service the community.

2) Theres 5 million of you and not many of them. Also, try to keep in mind while you may be missing a window and some shingles others are missing there entire home.

3) There were claims before the storm that people had made to there homes. Its not like people just magically stopped using there insurance before the storm and the adjusters hung out with the cops at the donut shop.

4) Be nice to your adjuster. Being rude and bitchy is one way to find your claim sinking to the bottom of the pile. Trust me on that one, I am an auto damage adjuster. Although I have been blessed with getting lights early all my food in the freezer spoiled and I am living off can food and peanut butter. I have a wife, a 3 year old daughter, I also have a mother in law, and my Mom all staying with me until the lights turn back on at there house and only God knows when. I am hearing Conroe could be 2 months before they get lights. I am also working 12 to 13 hour days for at least 2 weeks (including weekends) and not able to take a proper lunch or break.

Again we are going through everything you are going through. So be patient.

Bipolar The Titan
09-17-2008, 08:39 PM

The Titans secondary gets most of the INTs off of pressure generated by their front four.

that's the scheme. Haynesworth is the big man leading the charge. He draws the double teams that free up the ends. Brown is there to plug gaps. The only hurricane you people should be worrying about is Hurricane Albert. I don't know why this thread lost it's focus so horribly.

J-Russ
09-17-2008, 08:42 PM
double post? That is so epic fail.

Don't they teach you how to edited your posts in grade school, over in Tenn? :mcnugget:

HJam72
09-17-2008, 08:46 PM
The usual arguments with the blazing thumbtack fans are going to get really ugly as the weekend approaches. I don't even think we'll be defending the Texans as much as taking out everything on Tennessee.

TEXANRED
09-17-2008, 08:47 PM
double post? That is so epic fail.

Don't they teach you how to edited your posts in grade school, over in Tenn? :mcnugget:

Well he is Bipolar. Maybe it was his other self agreeing with, well, his other self, and that other self had the same opinion as his other self and posted unbeknownst to his other self the same thing his other self had posted.

hookinreds
09-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Yeah, either way, it's a pain in the butt. Spending the huge amount of money might be worth it in the long run.

Number the boards (to signify what window they cover) and mark the top, makes it easier "next" time too.

HOU-TEX
09-18-2008, 09:18 AM

Just try to keep a couple of things in mind as you wait on your adjuster.

1) They are going through the exact same thing you are only they have to deal with grumpy customers. These people probably don't have any lights, food, gas, ice, and having to worry about there families well being and at the same time having to perform a valuable job to service the community.

2) Theres 5 million of you and not many of them. Also, try to keep in mind while you may be missing a window and some shingles others are missing there entire home.

3) There were claims before the storm that people had made to there homes. Its not like people just magically stopped using there insurance before the storm and the adjusters hung out with the cops at the donut shop.

4) Be nice to your adjuster. Being rude and bitchy is one way to find your claim sinking to the bottom of the pile. Trust me on that one, I am an auto damage adjuster. Although I have been blessed with getting lights early all my food in the freezer spoiled and I am living off can food and peanut butter. I have a wife, a 3 year old daughter, I also have a mother in law, and my Mom all staying with me until the lights turn back on at there house and only God knows when. I am hearing Conroe could be 2 months before they get lights. I am also working 12 to 13 hour days for at least 2 weeks (including weekends) and not able to take a proper lunch or break.

Again we are going through everything you are going through. So be patient.

T-RED, I did say I was fortunate compared to others around the city in my previous post. I'm not sure how to take your post, but I'd like to point out that this is not my first rodeo. I was born and raised around the Friendswood area and have been through several storms in my time.

Anywho, glad to hear the family is in good shape. :cool:

MightyTExan
09-18-2008, 09:24 AM
I drink the kool-aid as much as the next guy, but Schaub is looking shell-shocked since the 3rd pre-season game. And the team is lacking aggression in a big way. How to fix it? I have no idea.

Dancerdog
09-18-2008, 11:32 AM
I agree with Hookinreds about the windows. Just pick up some plywood and cut it to size for your windows. Number them like he says and you're always ready for the next storm. Gotta be the cheapest and the strongest way to go.