PDA

View Full Version : Step Up Fans

El Tejano
09-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Before I make this suggestion, let me start by saying I am fully aware of the severity in which many of you in the Houston, Galveston and surrounding area are going through. The suggestion of this thread is an effort to help get our team to win so that spirits in your area can be lifted at least for a small while this Sunday.

I live in Austin and if I could go down to Houston and do this I would, trust me. However, due to work and gas and all that I can't make it out there just to do this.

I was wondering if there was any way someone can post a large sign someway somehow close to the Houston Texans practice facility that says something to this affect:

" Hey Texans we sure could use a smile - BEAT THE TITANS!!!!" or "We're in this together - BEAT THE TITANS"

Maybe this could inspire the team and make for a real good Sunday for us with positive hope for the season as well. Just a suggestion. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

P.S. Everyone keep the faith. Sorrow last for the night but Joy comes with the morning.

El Tejano
09-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Bump.

Is this a bad suggestion?

gtexan02
09-16-2008, 11:02 AM
You only waited 15 minutes to find out?

Texan_Bill
09-16-2008, 11:17 AM
I think it's an awesome idea. I just now noticed this thread because my brain was elsewhere, but.....

I know that I won't be able to do it, but maybe someone with the resources and ability to do this - will...

El Tejano
09-16-2008, 12:09 PM
You only waited 15 minutes to find out?

Ha Ha !!! I guess that was rather impatient but I noticed it kept falling down the list of threads so I wanted to make sure it was up on the top and got some kind of response.

Hmmm...Hopefully someone can think of something!

Texan_Bill
09-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Ha Ha !!! I guess that was rather impatient but I noticed it kept falling down the list of threads so I wanted to make sure it was up on the top and got some kind of response.

Hmmm...Hopefully someone can think of something!

A simple *BUMP* would have sufficed. :tease:

Runner
09-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Personally I'd use the energy, time, and gas to do this to help clean up a neighborhood - my own or others.

There are a lot of people patching roofs and cleaning up wet carpet/furniture that could use an extra hand or something to eat all over this city.

That's what I'm doing when I'm helping out, but to each his own.

El Tejano
09-16-2008, 02:32 PM
You can still do all that too. I'm just giving a suggestion of maybe something that can be done for the team as a side from all the daily stuff that is going on there right now.

Runner
09-16-2008, 02:39 PM
You asked for opinions.

To put it bluntly, it is a waste of time and effort when there is so much real help that is needed. Most people don't have to look far to find someone that needs a hand.

I've helped people shovel insulation out of their houses from collapsed ceilings. They don't really care who wins Sunday. They appreciated the bacon sandwiches my wife brought over though.

I think I'm done arguing about this.

El Tejano
09-16-2008, 02:45 PM
I hear you on that. I thought about it, thought there might be someone who would run with it.

As stated at the beginning, I understand the severity of the situation down there in Houston, and not trying to make small of it.

Texans_Chick
09-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Before I make this suggestion, let me start by saying I am fully aware of the severity in which many of you in the Houston, Galveston and surrounding area are going through. The suggestion of this thread is an effort to help get our team to win so that spirits in your area can be lifted at least for a small while this Sunday.

I live in Austin and if I could go down to Houston and do this I would, trust me. However, due to work and gas and all that I can't make it out there just to do this.

I was wondering if there was any way someone can post a large sign someway somehow close to the Houston Texans practice facility that says something to this affect:

" Hey Texans we sure could use a smile - BEAT THE TITANS!!!!" or "We're in this together - BEAT THE TITANS"

Maybe this could inspire the team and make for a real good Sunday for us with positive hope for the season as well. Just a suggestion. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

P.S. Everyone keep the faith. Sorrow last for the night but Joy comes with the morning.

Send your favorite players a post card. I know they appreciate them. The address is on the Texans site.

Hook'er
09-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Send your favorite players a post card. I know they appreciate them. The address is on the Texans site.

Where at on the Texans site?

Texans_Chick
09-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Where at on the Texans site?

Contact us..... but here is the info:

The Houston Texans
Two Reliant Park
Houston, TX 77054

Put the player's name on top of that.

There are mailboxes between the player's lounge and the player's cafeteria. Some players get a ton of mail, some not so much. If you want to shoot them a note, I know they appreciate it.

(It's also with school out and cool thing for kids to do....to make cards and notes for players).