PDA

View Full Version : MNF Eagles vs. Cowboys thread....

drewmar74
09-15-2008, 07:31 PM
For those of you who have power.

Go Iggles!

kiwitexansfan
09-15-2008, 08:00 PM
I hate the Eagles.

Lets go Cowboys!!

My justification is that Marion Barber plays for them, his brother plays for us, so that makes them family.... or something like that.

Feel free to flame my non Dallas hating, non Titan hating self..... now.

Khari
09-15-2008, 08:25 PM
go fleagulls

Brandon420tx
09-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Wow, Romo sucks.

overdramitic, I know, but wow.

Stemp
09-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I hate the Eagles.

Lets go Cowboys!!

My justification is that Marion Barber plays for them, his brother plays for us, so that makes them family.... or something like that.

Feel free to flame my non Dallas hating, non Titan hating self..... now.

http://www.crainium.net/jdjArchives/DIYFlameThrower.jpg

Allstar
09-15-2008, 08:58 PM
I hate the Eagles.

Lets go Cowboys!!

Feel free to flame my non Dallas hating, non Titan hating self..... now.http://i38.tinypic.com/54hph4.jpg

stingray
09-15-2008, 09:00 PM
I just witnessed the biggest boneheaded play in the history of football.. Wow!!! Desean Jackson lets go of the football at the one to start celebrating.

J-Russ
09-15-2008, 09:25 PM
McNabb did what Vince Young couldn't, and that is break the Madden curse. This guy is still great, can't believe the eagles fans wanted to trade this guy. oh btw, DeSean you cost me some points with that drop TD!

PapaL
09-15-2008, 09:25 PM
I just witnessed the biggest boneheaded play in the history of football.. Wow!!! Desean Jackson lets go of the football at the one to start celebrating.

I think Jabar Gaffney might have something to say about that.

WesmanTexanfan
09-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Ive flipped it to 11 twice just hoping to see some Texans Football, but it hasnt happened.....

texanhead08
09-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah the screw up my Jackson was crazy, only to be outdone by Leon Lett and Chris Dishman. Romo has made 2 retarded plays in the turnovers that result in the diff at this point. This has been an exciting game especially after than snoozer between the steelers and browns last night.

MadBurgerMaker
09-15-2008, 11:20 PM
So...um....how bout that hook and lateral by the Eagles at the end....

stingray
09-15-2008, 11:24 PM
I thought McNabb blew it the play before when he threw an uncatchable ball even though he had an open lane and would have ran for at least 15 yrds..

Allstar
09-15-2008, 11:29 PM
I don't understand why McNabb and Westbrook can't perform a simple handoff.

MadBurgerMaker
09-15-2008, 11:33 PM
I don't understand why McNabb and Westbrook can't perform a simple handoff.

Looked like McNabb stumbled or got his foot stepped on on the first one. The second....I don't know what the hell that was.

kastofsna
09-16-2008, 12:48 AM
McNabb did what Vince Young couldn't, and that is break the Madden curse. This guy is still great, can't believe the eagles fans wanted to trade this guy. oh btw, DeSean you cost me some points with that drop TD!
what, McNabb got hurt bad and missed a ton of time during his madden year

Allstar
09-16-2008, 01:21 AM

It doesn't matter how good he is now, the Madden curse only lasts the season that the player is on the cover.

Errant Hothy
09-16-2008, 09:22 AM
I think Jabar Gaffney might have something to say about that.

Exactly at least the Eagles got the ball back and still scored a TD on the drive. Gaffney gave up the ball and the 6 points.

El Tejano
09-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Did anyone hear Tony Kornheiser apologizing for something he said? What was it that he said?

Texan_Bill
09-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Did anyone hear Tony Kornheiser apologizing for something he said? What was it that he said?

Apparently the gaffe was a comment (I didn't catch it) that was some sort of disparaging, sterotypical comment about Latin Americans...

Texan_Bill
09-16-2008, 10:14 AM
This is what I found:

"I took high school Spanish, either he said he's not going to be caught, or please pick up my dry cleaning tomorrow." - Tony Kornheiser

Linkage: awfulannouncing tony kornheisers awkward on air apology (http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/09/tony-kornheisers-awkward-on-air-apology.html)

Showtime100
09-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Apparently the gaffe was a comment (I didn't catch it) that was some sort of disparaging, sterotypical comment about Latin Americans...

I think it had something to do with a comment he made after seeing a replay of a touchdown (can't remember which one). So they tied into the spanish broadcast from nfl.com and after the play Kornheiser said, just a paraphrase but real close to........

"That's spanish for either 'He could go all the way' or 'I have some dry cleaning you'll need to pick up tomorrow."

It caught my ear. I thought it was ten times worse than the Steve Lyons/Lou Piniella wallet comment that got Lyons fired by sunrise the next day.

Was I the only one that heard the flood of BOOO's that rained down on that woman's terrible singing of the National Anthem? Not a word was said on the broadcast, but I guess that wouldn't have been pc.

kastofsna
09-16-2008, 02:10 PM
lol since when has the dry cleaning stereotype been about spanish folks

also that national anthem was vomit-inducing. it's too long as it is, and she stretched it out to a few hours

Showtime100
09-16-2008, 02:21 PM

also that national anthem was vomit-inducing. it's too long as it is, and she stretched it out to a few hours

I don't know, but if you heard it, in this pc atmosphere, on ESPN of all stations, you certainly wondered if he might have said something wrong in ESPN's or the public's eyes.

Showtime100
09-16-2008, 02:33 PM

Here we go. There was something on Yahoo just now. Here's the link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Why-Tony-Kornheiser-apologized-last-night?urn=nfl,108035).

After listening to a snippet of the Spanish-language broadcast of the game in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, Kornheiser said this:

"I took high school Spanish, either he said he's not going to be caught, or please pick up my dry cleaning tomorrow."

And later, this:

"I said something before which I shouldn't have said, I apologize for it. Not my first mistake, undoubtedly won't be my last, but a 100% apology."

I think he connected the manual labor dot with a spanish dot and an alarm went off in his mind that he said something wrong.

I just hope my theory on the matter doesn't make me a devil.

Texan_Bill
09-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Here we go. There was something on Yahoo just now. Here's the link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Why-Tony-Kornheiser-apologized-last-night?urn=nfl,108035).

I think he connected the manual labor dot with a spanish dot and an alarm went off in his mind that he said something wrong.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/zane3x7/waterboy3.jpg

"Everything is the devil to you, Mama!"

El Tejano
09-16-2008, 02:43 PM

No, I think your right. I just think that ESPN connected the dots and had him get back on and apologize. To be honest I was watching the game and even recall the part of including the spanich broadcast, and I didn't even hear him make the comment.

The Pencil Neck
09-16-2008, 02:51 PM
No, I think your right. I just think that ESPN connected the dots and had him get back on and apologize. To be honest I was watching the game and even recall the part of including the spanich broadcast, and I didn't even hear him make the comment.

I remember him making the comment and my only reaction was that it was a stupid thing to say. Not OFFENSIVE or anything, just dumb.

kastofsna
09-16-2008, 04:04 PM
I remember him making the comment and my only reaction was that it was a stupid thing to say. Not OFFENSIVE or anything, just dumb.
then he should be apologizing every 10 seconds

J-Russ
09-16-2008, 06:21 PM
It doesn't matter how good he is now, the Madden curse only lasts the season that the player is on the cover.

Well, historically, the madden curse has gone on and ended players careers shortly after they were featured in it. Whether by injuries,age, or crimes *cough* dog fight *cough*. In Vince Young's case, it's a mental problem and that problem looks like it'll be his ticket out of the league, just after alittle over a year of being featured on the Madden cover. McNabb is the only player to RECOVER from the Madden curse, while others have faltered.

J-Russ
09-16-2008, 06:29 PM
I count the madden curse as effecting their whole career, not just one year. Like I said, it has been historically proven to send players out of the league soon after they were featured on the cover. I mean, these players had careers year the year they were selected onto the cover, so it seems weird for them to be out of the league/struggling to find job just after 3 or 4 years removed from the Madden cover/career year.

wicked_wayz
09-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Well, historically, the madden curse has gone on and ended players careers shortly after they were featured in it. Whether by injuries,age, or crimes *cough* dog fight *cough*. In Vince Young's case, it's a mental problem and that problem looks like it'll be his ticket out of the league, just after alittle over a year of being featured on the Madden cover. McNabb is the only player to RECOVER from the Madden curse, while others have faltered.

ray lewis???

J-Russ
09-16-2008, 08:08 PM
ray lewis???

Oh wow, you got me there. Ok Ray and McNabb, everyone else sucked.