PDA

View Full Version : Brett who?

gtexan02
09-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Wow, Aaron Rodgers is on fire

beerlover
09-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Wow, Aaron Rodgers is on fire

yeah & now he may have separated the shoulder.

meanwhile Farve threw a record 6 td's

I'm guessing Packer fans with even the most severe cases of amnesia cannot forget "Brett Who" today :headhurts:

bollocks
09-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Regardless of how well Favre plays this season, I can not fault Green Bay for their choice. It was the right time and there was no guarantee that Rodgers (who has been playing well and will likely develop into a good long term investment for GB) would have hung around after getting the shaft in favor of a wishy washy Brett Favre. They made the right decision.

kastofsna
09-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Rodgers has another decade in the league, Favre will be gone in...who knows? a year? 2 years?

TexansLucky13
09-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Rodgers has another decade in the league, Favre will be gone in...who knows? a year? 2 years?

If he keeps playing like he did yesterday, he may be there until he is 50. Do not underestimate the Iron Man.

GlassHalfFull
09-29-2008, 07:09 PM

Nobody knows the answer to this question, not even the shadow knows. :cool:

kastofsna
09-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Favre just announced his retirement

mattieuk
09-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Favre just announced his retirement [again]

I reacon we'll hear Brett retire a few more times before he finally calls it a day.

Green Bay made the right choice though. You just gotta let go and move the franchise on at some stage, as nice as nostalgia is. Brett ain't going to go for too much longer, and they placed their faith in Rogers.

kastofsna
09-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Favre has called out the Jets organization for their treatment of his retirement

WWJD
09-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Don't care one way or the other about the Jets but I'm a Brett fan.

And it's nice to see him do well.

Texans_Chick
09-30-2008, 10:44 PM

I'm guessing Packer fans with even the most severe cases of amnesia cannot forget "Brett Who" today :headhurts:

And a ton of the Green Bay players are hurt, not just Rodgers....

It is the curse of the Favrino.

TexansLucky13
09-30-2008, 11:26 PM
And a ton of the Green Bay players are hurt, not just Rodgers....

It is the curse of the Favrino.

Yep. I've been saying it all along... the Madden Curse is desperately searching for Favre in Green Bay. It will tear that team to shreds trying to find him.

Mr teX
10-01-2008, 09:15 AM

It helps that they were playing arizona...& he did that right after stinking it up in SD......They aren't ready to go to the next level.

Vinny
10-02-2008, 10:01 AM
I watched the Jets vs Cardinal game on NFLreplay and Favre was insane. It's amazing what a top QB does to a NFL offense. With Favre in the game with his exaggerated hand offs, fakes and lightning bolt strikes in the middle of the field the Jets offense was completely different than the stale, slowpoke offense that I saw last season.