Allstar
09-14-2008, 03:23 AM
With the new rearranging of our schedule, 2 positives emerge:

1. We now have 4 home games in a row.
Sun. 10/5 COLTS
Sun. 10/12 DOLPHINS
Sun. 10/19 LIONS
Sun. 10/26 BENGALS

2. Dunta Robinson gets to play in one more game than he would have with a later bye week.
Having Dunta in our lineup makes me feel so much more at ease than a lineup that features Jaques Reeves as a starter.

It's not all bad now, is it?

J-Russ
09-14-2008, 08:10 AM
How do you know Dunta is going to play on the 8th week? He might still be held out that week, we don't know. We just know that he would be playing AFTER that week, which used to be the bye week.

Bright side:

Eugene Wilson catching up with the team and possibly contributing against Tenn.

Same goes for rookie Molden, Adibi, and Okam.

Duane Brown/Matt Schaub can take a breath and relax for another week, get his head right.

Whatever injury we have, we get another week to heal em.

We're going to be fresher against a divisional game in Tenn.

Old School
09-14-2008, 09:26 AM
How do you know Dunta is going to play on the 8th week? He might still be held out that week, we don't know. We just know that he would be playing AFTER that week, which used to be the bye week.

Bright side:

Duane Brown/Matt Schaub can take a breath and relax for another week, get his head right.

Who are going through a little turmoil.....Unfortunately they are finally putting their better QB in..:(

NorCal Texan
09-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Ahman Green is happy. He gets another week to get better and make his $200,000 a game paycheck.

GP
09-14-2008, 11:20 AM
I looked on the bright side, and it told me to go back and look at the dark side.

Me: "Hello, Bright Side. Anything here?"

Bright Side: "Uh, let me check the inventory for a second. Umm...let's see, well, there seems to be an error in my database here (awkward chuckle). Uh, OK...now I see something. YES! Yes, there IS a chance of...well, nope. That was before Ike hit. My bad. Maybe you should check back in April of 2009."

Me: "Oh. Until then, what do I do?"

Bright Side: "I have heard that the Dark Side is well-stocked and seems to have had a lot of traffic lately. You could try there."

Me: "Thanks! You're a life saver, Bright Side. See you in April!"

BSofA04
09-14-2008, 11:46 AM
My "bright side" is that the o-line will have another week to get their stuff together.

O-line could use another week with Slaton as the primary back. Our run blocking has been terrible. Tennessee has a good defense, so we're going to need to come out and establish the run.

My main concern with this bye week is conditioning. Bye weeks usually are for rest, but at that point everyone is in "season shape". Us, not so much.

Allstar
09-14-2008, 12:29 PM

Bright side:

Very true, but now it's possible, which it wasn't when we had a bye. That itself is a "positive".

kiwitexansfan
09-14-2008, 04:24 PM
The only positives I can spin on this situation is that we haven't had to play a home game somewhere else and that we aren't being forced into an unnaturally short week.

As I said in another thread I think Ike will cost the Texans 2-3 wins this season. I was hopeful of 9-7, 8-8 but now expecting a 6-10 or 7-9 season.

KEYE SUX
09-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Very true, but now it's possible, which it wasn't when we had a bye. That itself is a "positive".

So it is a "positive" that DRob MAY or MAY NOT be healthy enough to contribute and the only thing that we have to give up is the health and stamina OF EVERY OTHER PLAYER that now has to play 15 straight weeks?

Allstar
09-14-2008, 05:45 PM
So it is a "positive" that DRob MAY or MAY NOT be healthy enough to contribute and the only thing that we have to give up is the health and stamina OF EVERY OTHER PLAYER that now has to play 15 straight weeks?

The negatives in this situation are ugly and aplenty. The purpose of this thread is to point out the positives. You are doing the opposite.

Dunta being allowed to play week 7 and beyond by the rules of the PUP list was set in stone. Now there is one more game to be played beyond week 7 than before. He is now legal to play, which is a positive, even if it's a stretch.

awtysst
09-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Well the fact is that the players will have to tough it out. Those are the breaks in life. There is no sense complaining about that which cannot be changed. Now is the time to manup and look at this as a new challenge.

Giant Tiger
09-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Well the fact is that the players will have to tough it out. Those are the breaks in life. There is no sense complaining about that which cannot be changed. Now is the time to manup and look at this as a new challenge.

I agree with this going forward. As for today, it's probably better they didn't play. There's no way they'd be ready to play anyway.

KEYE SUX
09-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Since we are just blindly stating things just to be positive, here we go...

-no injuries to our players in week 2
-another week for our line to "perfect" the ZBS
-our defense gets a shutout not allowing a single yard
-I didn't have to pay $10/beer
-the stadium has a new skylight
-the city needed a good cleaning

If you want to claim these things as "positives" they are all true and I can go on forever. Now, in reality, some of these "positives" are not good at all. Just because I can spin it as a positive does not MAKE IT SO.