PDA

View Full Version : VY Lost His Starting Job, per Fisher

eriadoc
09-14-2008, 01:18 AM
Fisher says VY will be their QB again someday.

Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher indicated it may be awhile before quarterback Vince Young gets his job back. But on Saturday night Fisher forcefully denied some of the allegations and elements of a police report that dramatized Young's alleged escapades on Monday when he reportedly threatened to commit suicide.

However, Fisher acknowledged that Young had hit a "valley" with his emotions stemming from his performance, the fans' reaction and an injury the quarterback suffered during Sunday's 17-10 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.

"Sometimes in life, you hit a wall and that's what is happening with Vince," said Fisher. "You get booed, you throw [interceptions] and you have injuries. But we're going to turn this into a positive experience. One day, when he's ready, he'll be our quarterback again."

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3586215)

toronto
09-14-2008, 06:45 AM
Fisher says VY will be their QB again someday.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3586215)

This has a Ryan Leaf feel to it...

He imploded in the locker room and almost cried, and lost the team that day. I'm thinking VY may have lost his team as well.

I've stated my opinion on VY elsewhere here. I have no sympathy for him. he's lucky he's not in Philly or NY. Those fans would have made feel a million times worse.

Wolf
09-14-2008, 08:06 AM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38766

my initial reaction is Fisher doing damage control right now, which is fine. Vince needs to work on himself and get his head back on straight

axman40
09-14-2008, 09:26 AM
This is good news for Austin area Texans fans ,no Vince =no Titans on KEYE42!
:texflag:

GP
09-14-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm split on the job Fisher is doing with this situation.

Half of me likes it, in terms of how Fisher is saying the right things and saying that VY will be OK...just needs some time to bounce back. He's trying to restore normalcy and thereby ask for some calm from everyone involved.

The other half of me thinks that Fisher is denying things too much, trying to go over the top with the assurances that "There's nothing to see here...move along."

I think VY is unstable at the moment. This "valley" that Fisher speaks of is deeper than a valley. It's more like an abyss, and it just feels like things are being glossed over way too much. Do I want to know everything? Not really. I'd like to just see VY move on and find another line of work that keeps him happy and stable. Fisher and Titans management might be delaying it...or, they might be hoping that the time away from the game will help VY see exactly that: He's happier without being an NFL QB.

(Shrugs shoulders). I dunno.

TheRealJoker
09-14-2008, 10:03 AM
"The Texans were idiots for not taking a mental midget who lacked the brains to be an NFL qb or a career 3rd down back over the premier DE in the NFL!!!"

-Armchair idiots commenting on the 06 draft

Stemp
09-14-2008, 10:10 AM
The major reason he was selected by Tennessee was that Bud Adams was trying to give the finger to Houston fans. Poor Bud, he gained the Austin market but now has a multi-million dollar near flop on the verge of a mental breakdown.

ChrisG
09-14-2008, 11:40 AM
damn it the Titans finally figured it out

now they are playing thier good QB

IlliniJen
09-15-2008, 11:12 AM
The major reason he was selected by Tennessee was that Bud Adams was trying to give the finger to Houston fans. Poor Bud, he gained the Austin market but now has a multi-million dollar near flop on the verge of a mental breakdown.

Can you say karma?

Polo
09-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Surely you don't believe in karma....

IlliniJen
09-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Surely you don't believe in karma....

Call it equilibrium, then.

El Tejano
09-15-2008, 01:25 PM
This is good news for Austin area Texans fans ,no Vince =no Titans on KEYE42!
Amen to that.:splits::spit::mshadows::cowboy1::texflag:

KEYE SUX
09-15-2008, 01:40 PM
vy's SUCKITUDE has nothing to do with KARMA. It has to do with his terrible throwing style, his desire to not get better, and his basic overall attitude towards the game. He finally has gotten to a level where his athletic ability is not strides beyond everyone else on the field. Since he natural abilities are equal to his opponents, vy would have to WORK in order to get better.

It is a sobering experience to (all of a sudden) realize that you are not as good as everyone has been telling you since you were a little kid.

Now karma (which I don't believe in) may explain Brady's injury with his actions after the loss in the Super Bowl.

hadaad
09-15-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't believe in Karma but I live my life like I did, just in case.

Specnatz
09-15-2008, 04:12 PM
I hate to see bad things happen to most people, but damn it I am happy this happened. After all the disparaging remarks made by so called Texans fans, they deserve this to happen. I can sit back and ask I am sorry what did you say? Then point and laugh.

Karma, destiny (I know a lot said he was destined for greatness), and a host of other things.

:splits::kingkong:

Allstar
09-15-2008, 08:51 PM
"The Texans were idiots for not taking a mental midget who lacked the brains to be an NFL qb or a career 3rd down back over the premier DE in the NFL!!!"

-Everyone in America including Texans Fans commenting on the 06 draft

^ Fixed it for ya. And, yes there were a few exceptions.

kcdoubleeagle
09-15-2008, 09:33 PM
The Titans FINALLY got rid of the worst quarterback in the history of the NFL......good god they are a good team now.....and..um....NO TEAM IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD EVER PUT THAT GUY ON THE FIELD AGAIN.....he is just a BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD NFL QUARTERBACK.....

I don't care if he has hurt feelings or his mommie wants everyone to play nice...he really just needs to quit....

Oh yeah...thankfully for him....he had a couple years of football...because people as dumb as VY just can't cut it in the workforce....at least he has millions to squander.....

Here's a bet.....total number of years when VY will let the world know that he is broke....over/under......5.5 years.

texanhead08
09-15-2008, 09:55 PM
This just shows that no matter what city that team is in the orginazation will always be a soap opera. It is karma and I hope it hits Bottom Line Bud in his ass until he is dead and gone. Its payback for what he did to the fans here in Houston.

Hook'er
09-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Vince SUCKS, I'm more worried about Collins than Vince!:)

New_Texans
09-16-2008, 12:19 AM
damn, collins can throw in our secondary. come on vince....get up and play with that messed up leg. means you have to rely on that great arm of yours lol.

Txn_in_Oki
09-17-2008, 10:22 AM
He imploded in the locker room and almost cried

Ha!

wussy.

steelbtexan
09-18-2008, 10:46 PM
The Titans FINALLY got rid of the worst quarterback in the history of the NFL......good god they are a good team now.....and..um....NO TEAM IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD EVER PUT THAT GUY ON THE FIELD AGAIN.....he is just a BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD NFL QUARTERBACK.....

I don't care if he has hurt feelings or his mommie wants everyone to play nice...he really just needs to quit....

Oh yeah...thankfully for him....he had a couple years of football...because people as dumb as VY just can't cut it in the workforce....at least he has millions to squander.....

Here's a bet.....total number of years when VY will let the world know that he is broke....over/under......5.5 years.

I will take the under

His boys/advisors will help him achieve bankruptcy in less than 5 years IMO.

powerfuldragon
09-23-2008, 06:30 PM
why don't they just give him some zoloft or somethign?

TEXANRED
09-24-2008, 05:52 PM
why don't they just give him some zoloft or somethign?
B/C some side effects my cause rectal bleeding.

Specnatz
09-24-2008, 05:54 PM
B/C some side effects my cause rectal bleeding.

Didn't that happen at the sausage party already?

ChildressTitanMan
09-25-2008, 05:11 AM
I really don't see a way back for Young.

Him not being mentally up to coping with the pressure & media spotlight is not like breaking a leg. If he has depression ,anxiety etc then being an NFL QB is not going to help.

Being a failed NFL QB trying to come back is only going to put him under a bigger spotlight.

If he's done then the money train is done too & that's a big reason to try to come back.The wrong reason but money is a big draw.If he is done then he'll also no doubt have to return some of his signing bonus.Lots of wrong reasons why this circus will likely carry on instead of him getting help.

Double Barrel
09-25-2008, 09:27 AM
I really don't see a way back for Young.

Him not being mentally up to coping with the pressure & media spotlight is not like breaking a leg. If he has depression ,anxiety etc then being an NFL QB is not going to help.

Being a failed NFL QB trying to come back is only going to put him under a bigger spotlight.

If he's done then the money train is done too & that's a big reason to try to come back.The wrong reason but money is a big draw.If he is done then he'll also no doubt have to return some of his signing bonus.Lots of wrong reasons why this circus will likely carry on instead of him getting help.

Man, that's just a brutal assessment from a Titans fan. It's gotta' suck to see your no. 1 pick meltdown and potentially damage his long-term career. Fortunately (for you), the Titans team is solid and seems to be rolling along in spite of the drama and distraction.

drewmar74
09-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Man, that's just a brutal assessment from a Titans fan. It's gotta' suck to see your no. 1 pick meltdown and potentially damage his long-term career. Fortunately (for you), the Titans team is solid and seems to be rolling along in spite of the drama and distraction.

QFT

Pardon the cliche', but the Tacks could be very dangerous this year with a QB that will just "manage the game." It appears to me that they've built a team similar to what the Ravens had the year that they won the SB with Dilfer under center.

Sausage Boy, I'm afraid, is not a game manager.

Wolf
09-25-2008, 09:50 AM
I am no doctor, but for VY I would think for him ..therapy and if needs to be paxil or whatever works. I am not saying he needs to take the drugs because they are NOT a magic pill that cures everything but they maybe could be a crutch to help me up.. Therapy would be the way to go to where he could ease up on himself and relax and who knows

But.. NFL quarterback is way different then some po-dunk small town guy in central Texas so expectations are different from those around him than a QB in the NFL

but he and the Titans can afford better therapists and more established therapist,if he and the Titans choose that route

gwallaia
09-25-2008, 09:59 AM
I just read the short novel "Playing for Pizza" by John Grisham. Its about an NFL QB who has had a lousy NFL career and goes to play Football Americano in Italy. Its a really good book and I think VY ought to have someone read it to him. I think VY would do very well in Italy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/gwallaia/Playing_for_Pizza.jpg

HOU-TEX
09-25-2008, 10:10 AM
I just read the short novel "Playing for Pizza" by John Grisham. Its about an NFL QB who has had a lousy NFL career and goes to play Football Americano in Italy. Its a really good book and I think VY ought to have someone read it to him. I think VY would do very well in Italy.

Very nice, and subtle to boot.

ChildressTitanMan
09-25-2008, 12:45 PM
The Salami might be too much of a distraction.

Ole Miss Texan
09-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Y'all are relentless (and hilarious).

kastofsna
09-25-2008, 05:00 PM
so when are they going to move him to WR

Texan_Bill
09-25-2008, 05:04 PM
I thought he already was a 'receiver' (of sorts).

kastofsna
09-25-2008, 05:07 PM
insert gay joke here

Specnatz
09-25-2008, 05:50 PM
insert gay joke here

Are you sure that was a joke. :hobie:

Hookem Horns
09-25-2008, 06:19 PM
I thought he already was a 'receiver' (of sorts).

I guess that rules him out ever being a 'tight end'.

Texan_Bill
09-26-2008, 09:49 AM
I guess that rules him out ever being a 'tight end'.

He's a little too 'loose' at this point to be a tight end. Not solid enough.

HOU-TEX
09-26-2008, 09:59 AM
He's a little too 'loose' at this point to be a tight end. Not solid enough.

Well that rules him out as a CB too. I mean, I wouldn't want a CB playing 'loose' in coverage.

I guess it comes down to 'WIDE receiver'

Texan_Bill
09-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Well that rules him out as a CB too. I mean, I wouldn't want a CB playing 'loose' in coverage.

I guess it comes down to 'WIDE receiver'

Pretty much... He can align himself 'very wide' and he loves to 'receive'.

Wolf
09-26-2008, 10:03 AM
well hobie (or was it blazing arrow)said something the other day about "you have to be a long snapper before you can be a holder"

I haven't a clue of what that means and honestly afraid to ask.

Wolf
09-26-2008, 10:04 AM
well I also hear if the Titans go back to VY .. the Veer Offense will be back in full swing

HOU-TEX
09-26-2008, 10:08 AM
well hobie (or was it blazing arrow)said something the other day about "you have to be a long snapper before you can be a holder"

I haven't a clue of what that means and honestly afraid to ask.

VY would have nothing to do with long 'snapper'

He's all about being a 'ball holder' though.

Hookem Horns
09-26-2008, 11:35 AM
I guess it's time to either trade him to the Packers or just rename the team back to the Oilers.

OK, this has got to stop ... lol.

GP
09-26-2008, 11:52 AM
When VY asked what types of things he'd do as a WR, they told him "You could shag some balls during practice."

Specnatz
09-26-2008, 11:55 AM
When VY asked what types of things he'd do as a WR, they told him "You could shag some balls during practice."

So does he have a part-time job working for a baseball team during batting practice, shagging fly balls?

Yomaine
09-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Are you serious Ryan Leaf. Leaf never did anything from beginning to end. Young is 2 games into his 3rd season after winning the ROY in the first one. This is totally insane.

Hookem Horns
09-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Are you serious Ryan Leaf. Leaf never did anything from beginning to end. Young is 2 games into his 3rd season after winning the ROY in the first one. This is totally insane.

VY won that on hype, Pacman Jones, and a great defense. Go back and look at his numbers. 66.7 passer rating, 13 INTs to 12 TDs are definitely not numbers you would expect of a QB winning the ROY (for example compare 2004 ROY Ben Roethlisberger 98.1 rating with 17 TDs to 11 INTs). Also to even think that this guy fell into a Pro Bowl that season is pretty absurd. Has any QB ever made a Pro Bowl with worse stats? I honestly don't know but would be shocked if so.

We were all hating on David Carr that same 2006 season however his INT to TD ratio were the same as VY and he had a much better passer rating of 82.1. I now need to look back and ask why wasn't Carr in the Pro Bowl that season? :thinking:

Yomaine
09-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Yea and how long had Carr been in the league? And did Ben break the record for rushing by a Quarterback that had been standing since 1969? I dont think so. Awards are not simply based on stats, there also based on the influence the player has on his team.

BattleRedToro
09-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Yea and how long had Carr been in the league? And did Ben break the record for rushing by a Quarterback that had been standing since 1969? I dont think so. Awards are not simply based on stats, there also based on the influence the player has on his team.

They are also based on creating a cash cow.

The NFL hype machine was in full swing pumping up Vince Young.

They were looking to sell tons of jerseys and other merchandise.

Yomaine
09-26-2008, 09:58 PM
As usual all negative no credit. I understand

Chicagotexan1
09-26-2008, 10:03 PM

The record doesn't mean jack s**t. He's a QB not an RB. That's like saying Reggie Bush is a great RB because he has so many catches. A QB passes an RB runs the rock.

Specnatz
09-26-2008, 10:12 PM
As usual all negative no credit. I understand

When you are throwing more Int than TDs how much credit do you want to give him?

GP
09-27-2008, 01:29 PM
So does he have a part-time job working for a baseball team during batting practice, shagging fly balls?

Of course not, flies don't have balls. And if they did, they'd be too small to...well, err..umm...

Yomaine
09-27-2008, 05:49 PM
True I'm not sugar coating his play. Which is what is said anytime someone says he will be a good QB. But with a QB that has one productive year and one horrible year. How can you say he is a bust in the 1st game of his 3rd year. Most of these young guys are struggling. They suppose to be struggling their young. Alex Smith, Carson Palmer, David Garrard, Matt Leinart especially, Marc Bulger is struggling, I don't have to list them all but some of these guys have been in the league longer than Vince Young but he is a bust.
Most praise is exaggerated and all the blame is blown out of proportion. Reggie Bush being a bust is insane. Mario being consider great is insane. The only thing that should be said is in his 3rd year he is really struggling and its a good chance he won't be a good QB if he keeps playing the way he is.

bah007
09-27-2008, 06:53 PM
True I'm not sugar coating his play. Which is what is said anytime someone says he will be a good QB. But with a QB that has one productive year and one horrible year. How can you say he is a bust in the 1st game of his 3rd year. Most of these young guys are struggling. They suppose to be struggling their young. Alex Smith, Carson Palmer, David Garrard, Matt Leinart especially, Marc Bulger is struggling, I don't have to list them all but some of these guys have been in the league longer than Vince Young but he is a bust.
Most praise is exaggerated and all the blame is blown out of proportion. Reggie Bush being a bust is insane. Mario being consider great is insane. The only thing that should be said is in his 3rd year he is really struggling and its a good chance he won't be a good QB if he keeps playing the way he is.

LOL.

Do you even watch the Texans? Why are you on this board?

I can count our defensive impact players on one hand, and trust me, Mario Williams ain't one of the scrubs.