PDA

View Full Version : To all in texas

brickman
09-12-2008, 06:55 AM
I am a Texans fan in upstate New York (far away from hurricane problems).
Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers regarding the impending strike of Hurricane Ike. Good luck, guys and gals. May you all be safe.

brickman :texflag:

gwallaia
09-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Thank You.

We are braced and ready.

hobie
09-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers regarding the impending strike of Hurricane Ike. Good luck, guys and gals. May you all be safe.

Appreciate the well wishes....we'll pull through this !!

ObsiWan
09-12-2008, 09:14 AM

Thanks!
Houston is pretty much shutting down for the weekend. Everyone I know has gassed up, stocked up, boarded up, and has moved to what they consider safety. We're getting ready.

cuppacoffee
09-12-2008, 10:59 AM

Thanks brickman...prayers are always welcome here...:highfive:

Everything moveable is tied down. I'm over 100 mi from the coast, hopefully some of the sting will be gone time it gets here.

Got my generator ready...

:coffee:

jgl35
09-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Want to second Brickman's thoughts. Be safe.

Texan_Bill
09-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks Brickman and jgl for your well wishes. We take it to heart. I would like to share with y'all what it means to be a Texan; we'll take this on the chin, pull ourselves up by the boot straps and move on!!!

Thanks again, guys.

SheTexan
09-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks so much guys!! Sometimes I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up when it's all over! lol BUT, got family and animals to take care of, and as far as I can tell, I'm all ready. This is one of those time's in life when I wish I had a MAN around! lol Let him do all the worrying!!:)

beerlover
09-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks so much guys!! Sometimes I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up when it's all over! lol BUT, got family and animals to take care of, and as far as I can tell, I'm all ready. This is one of those time's in life when I wish I had a MAN around! lol Let him do all the worrying!!:)

its gonna be ok, it will be over soon & we all can get back to normal :heart:

Thorn
09-12-2008, 12:36 PM

Between you and Jen and I may have to bid my services out. LOL

Stay safe everyone!

Texan_Bill
09-12-2008, 12:37 PM

Daddy is here for ya momma!! J/K you can always come further west. We wont be much better off, but a little better than Pasa-get down- dena!!

Texan_Bill
09-12-2008, 12:37 PM
PS... I told Marcie to tell you that if you need anything, anything at PLEASE call... Love ya and be safe!!

DBCooper
09-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Good luck everyone.

My sister is riding it out in Galveston.

I hope everything turns out ok.

valleytexfan
09-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Great thread, brickman. Living in extreme south Texas, we just went through Dolly a month and a half ago. It can be a scary thing. But just stay calm and the storm will pass...H-town area is in our prayers...

Webbster
09-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Y'all be safe!!!

IlliniJen
09-12-2008, 01:28 PM
TT.com forum hugs all around. Everyone stay safe!

GlassHalfFull
09-12-2008, 01:29 PM
We just finished up doing all the prep work we can think of. I even vacuumed my house (probably guaranteeing that my roof will blow off), since I am not sure how long we will be without electricity.

So I fixed a stiff Bloody Mary and am planning on taking a nap after I finish it. I have a feeling it is going to be a long night.

Everybody stay safe and dry!!!

jb66er
09-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Hunker down Houstonians! :eek:
Get the hell outta Galveston! :jogger:

Here's a good hurricane tracker...
http://www.click2houston.com/hurricane-ike/index.html

TITAN1
09-12-2008, 01:36 PM
I hope all of you stay safe and don't lose anything. Thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Good luck everyone.

My sister is riding it out in Galveston.

I hope everything turns out ok.

Riding on what.......a submarine?????? Galveston Island in its entirety is expected to be part of the Gulf of Mexico if the course stays. Tell her to get the H out of there.:scare:

Daravenator
09-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Good luck and be safe to all of you in the Lone Star State. No matter what happens in Monday's (or Week 10's) game, all of us in the Free State are wishing the best for all of you.

Thorn
09-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Good luck and be safe to all of you in the Lone Star State. No matter what happens in Monday's (or Week 10's) game, all of us in the Free State are wishing the best for all of you.

Thanks! I would have visited yalls BBS this week, but, been a tad busy. LOL

DBCooper
09-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Riding on what.......a submarine?????? Galveston Island in its entirety is expected to be part of the Gulf of Mexico if the course stays. Tell her to get the H out of there.:scare:

lol

I did tell her. And her road was too flooded to travel by the time she made the decision to flee. She lives on the 3rd floor of a sturdy building (hopefully sturdy).

euro-Texan
09-12-2008, 08:54 PM
I've lived in Houston (or on the coast since I joined the Navy) all my life and I am blown away by all of this surge. Good look fellow Houstonions. You are in my prayers tonight and I don't usually pray much.

Andrew6
09-12-2008, 10:18 PM
this is one of the only times I don't like living near the gulf coast. I had to cut my vacation in San Diego short to come home. I was told that if I didn't fly back last night I wouldn't be able to get a flight back to Houston for up to a week. We got in at Midnight and have been boarding up etc... as much as we could. we have gotten about half of them done and the other half are up stairs. Hope it stays good.:panic:

MEGA SWATT
09-13-2008, 01:08 AM
thanks, riding the storm out...................:gun:

Carr Bombed
09-13-2008, 01:17 AM
Here y'all go......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEOY0f_hNro

enjoy.