PDA

View Full Version : If Joe Flacco looks like Joe Montana against us...

TheRealJoker
09-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Then I think its time we sport the "Fire Smith" pink soap avatars. I'm tired of opposing offense's having their way with our defense. Their defense is gonna put a hurting on our offense and I dont expect us to score over 20 points. But I do expect our defense to do the same to their offense and I do expect the Texans to win the turnover battle and subsequently win a hard fought defensive football game with opportunistic big plays from our big time players (Mario, AJ, DeMeco, KRIS BROWN...) to provide us with the W on Sunday. :texflag:

To recap however, if Flacco looks like Montana its pink soap time for Richard Smith.

eriadoc
09-10-2008, 02:21 PM
What if he just looks like Ryan Fitzpatrick? :D

HOU-TEX
09-10-2008, 02:22 PM
What if he just looks like Ryan Fitzpatrick? :D

Or Joey Harrington? :gun:

Polo
09-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Brunell was a beast.

eriadoc
09-10-2008, 02:25 PM
LOL, sorry for the hijack. This is now the worst thread ever.

:gun:

Brando
09-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Then I think its time we sport the "Fire Smith" pink soap avatars. I'm tired of opposing offense's having their way with our defense. Their defense is gonna put a hurting on our offense and I dont expect us to score over 20 points. But I do expect our defense to do the same to their offense and I do expect the Texans to win the turnover battle and subsequently win a hard fought defensive football game with opportunistic big plays from our big time players (Mario, AJ, DeMeco, KRIS BROWN...) to provide us with the W on Sunday. :texflag:

To recap however, if Flacco looks like Montana its pink soap time for Richard Smith.

If Flacco looks like Montana that would be great. Hannah that is......:kingkong:

beerlover
09-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Flacco was my top QB prospect in the last draft but only after a couple years of development. Whereas Matt Ryan was ready made, in the shawdows of Tom Brady. Flacco is big & has a strong arm, think of Roethlisberger with better mobility & all Ben did was win a Superbowl his rookie year.

As a side note remember Baltimore traded up- with the Houston Texans to select Joe with the 18th overall pick, how ironic :shades:

V3rm0nt3r
09-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Flacco was my top QB prospect in the last draft but only after a couple years of development. Whereas Matt Ryan was ready made, in the shawdows of Tom Brady. Flacco is big & has a strong arm, think of Roethlisberger with better mobility & all Ben did was win a Superbowl his rookie year.

As a side note remember Baltimore traded up- with the Houston Texans to select Joe with the 18th overall pick, how ironic :shades:

Flacco won't be as good as either of them, i mean im a fan but i expect his first couple of seasons to be fairly typical of big arm QBs now. they can bomb it but they get way to aggressive and it takes a couple years to get the accuracy down well enough to actually be an effective signal caller.

alphajoker
09-10-2008, 03:11 PM

And the Texans got Steve Slaton...hopefully, the irony is in our favor after he puts up 100+ rushing and a couple of TD's.

Vinny
09-10-2008, 03:15 PM
I was very impressed with Flacco...very poised, good feet, can run, and has a great arm.

KEYE SUX
09-10-2008, 03:45 PM
He better not have one of those UGLY runs against our D

HOU-TEX
09-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I was very impressed with Flacco...very poised, good feet, can run, and has a great arm.

Sure, he scored a TD using his feet, but his speed looked very Bradyesque. Maybe he just has very long legs, but everytime I see the replay it reminds me of the footage of Brady's 40 yard dash at the combine. LOL!

Twitch-Houston
09-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Brunell was a beast.

Can't forget how JP Losman went Farve on us either. B-17 bomber in fact.

KEYE SUX
09-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Sure, he scored a TD using his feet, but his speed looked very Bradyesque. Maybe he just has very long legs, but everytime I see the replay it reminds me of the footage of Brady's 40 yard dash at the combine. LOL!

I was thinking "rumblin', bumblin', stumblin'"

Blake
09-10-2008, 03:53 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2008/writers/peter_king/02/24/combine/t1-flacco.jpghttp://www.joe-montana.com/joemontana.jpg

Dude, they look nothing alike. :P

Twitch-Houston
09-10-2008, 04:01 PM
What's a QB like Joe doing with a Nerf like that....ha ha

Daravenator
09-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Flacco look like Joe? I LOVE it!

I don't see it, but I love it!

Not looking like Boller would make me happy.

Twitch-Houston
09-10-2008, 04:14 PM

Ha ha. Welcome Daravenator. All of these comparisons stem from the fact that the Texans have made some so-so and not so good QBs look like Pro Bowlers in the past. We're just having a little fun with it instead of being down. Course if Flacco does look like Joe, then the mood here will change drastically...ha ha

Double Barrel
09-10-2008, 04:15 PM

Perfect conditions for a career game against a Richard Smith defense. :headhurts:

Daravenator
09-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Ha ha. Welcome Daravenator. All of these comparisons stem from the fact that the Texans have made some so-so and not so good QBs look like Pro Bowlers in the past. We're just having a little fun with it instead of being down. Course if Flacco does look like Joe, then the mood here will change drastically...ha ha

I think Flacco has the skills, and he certainly seems to have that "something" that seperates a mediocre QB from a good one. But this is only his second game. Cincy had no NFL tape to watch on him other than pre-season. The Texans will be able to watch last week's Ravens game and see what Joe does or doesn't do and how to react to it.

This should be a good game, no matter what.

Carr Bombed
09-10-2008, 04:35 PM
The Texans will be able to watch last week's Ravens game and see what Joe does or doesn't do and how to react to it.

This should be a good game, no matter what.

Richard Smith sucks......he had a entire offseason to look at tape on Big Ben and Ben still only had one incomplete pass.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect Houston to beat the Steelers or shut down Ben, but c'mon.....offer up a defensive gameplan that's offers more than just Pittsburgh's 5th preseason opponent.

Never ever underestimate the soft prevent defense that Richard Smith throws out on the field. I think Ravens are going to win this game and yes......if that happens, because our defense can't get a rookie QB off the field, it's time to break out the pink soap....so all of you "photoshop experts" go ahead and start working on it.

gtexan02
09-10-2008, 04:36 PM
As long as he throws to Reeves side of the field, or to any of your TEs or RBs, or you guys run any draws or screens, he'll have a career day

gtexan02
09-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Richard Smith sucks......he had a entire offseason to look at tape on Big Ben and Ben still only had one incomplete pass.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect Houston to beat the Steelers or shut down Ben, but c'mon.....offer up a defensive gameplan that's offers more than just Pittsburgh's 5th preseason opponent.

Never ever underestimate the soft prevent defense that Richard Smith throws out on the field. I think Ravens are going to win this game and yes......if that happens, because our defense can't get a rookie QB off the field, it's time to break out the pink soap....so all of you "photoshop experts" go ahead and start working on it.

The worst part about it was that Demeco said they knew exactly what the Steelers would do and still couldn't stop it

Polo
09-10-2008, 04:37 PM

Heres some soap for ya:

:soapbox:

Carr Bombed
09-10-2008, 04:38 PM
As long as he throws to Reeves side of the field, or to any of your TEs or RBs, or you guys run any draws or screens, he'll have a career day

So basically all they have to do is take the field, because that's just about every offensive play.......how pathetic are we, LOL.

Polo
09-10-2008, 04:38 PM
The worst part about it was that Demeco said they knew exactly what the Steelers would do and still couldn't stop it

Yeah...That sounds like guys getting purely pwned out there...

Malloy
09-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Flacco looks rough and tough, gunslinger-like. He might not be very successful, but he'll be VERY entertaining to watch.

Carr Bombed
09-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Heres some soap for ya:

:soapbox:

Nah.....I need the pink soap, I kicked my soapbox to the curb a long time ago.

I mean, I'm sorry if I'm no longer "rah rah, everything is fine, delusional Texan fan". :chickendance:

When all you have watched is crap, then it's time to call it crap, until you start seeing something to suggest otherwise. I lost the blind faith about 3 seasons ago.....I now just make my predictions on stuff that's based on reality, you know....what I actually see on Sundays with my own eyes and as of right now, this team isn't showing me anything. Last Sunday was one of the most lopsided games in their entire franchise's history..(and with the Capers years...that's saying something)....domination in every aspect of the game. Other than the Rams or Bengals, there probably wasn't another NFL team that we could've beaten with our play last week.

Daravenator
09-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Ok, are you guys toying with me so that I get shattered on Sunday? :foottap:

Thorn
09-10-2008, 04:50 PM

LOL, this is not a Homer board. We befoul our own team and each other in here quite a bit. It can be entertaining at times. :user:

Daravenator
09-10-2008, 04:56 PM
LOL, this is not a Homer board. We befoul our own team and each other in here quite a bit. It can be entertaining at times. :user:

I went on the Indy board the week prior to the Colts-Ravens playoff game in 2006. Talk about a meatgrinder!

You guys seem much more laid-back and ready to talk facts, rather then fiction, then those Midwest goobers!

kiwitexansfan
09-10-2008, 04:56 PM

This forum could be renamed the 'Sky is falling on the Texans Talk'.

Don't believe that our team are as awful as some are making out, we got beaten badly by a better team, but I would be shocked if we didn't put in an above average effort against your Ravens.

One area of concern for most is the run defense, how have McGahee and Rice looked so far?

Carr Bombed
09-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Lets put it this way......if the Texans don't beat the Ravens in their home opener, the sky may not be falling, but it sure as hell will be cracked.

In this division we can't afford to lose "winnable" games (no offense Ravens fan....but when you look at our schedule this is one of the most "winnable" games for quite a while).

Thorn
09-10-2008, 05:01 PM
I went on the Indy board the week prior to the Colts-Ravens playoff game in 2006. Talk about a meatgrinder!

You guys seem much more laid-back and ready to talk facts, rather then fiction, then those Midwest goobers!

From what I've seen on other boards (and this might not be true of all boards) but if the team has a successful history and is still doing quite well, the folks are hard asses and let you know it. Those with teams not doing so well are generally more inclined to actually talk football with you.

Twitch-Houston
09-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Those with teams not doing so well are generally more inclined to actually talk football with you.

Probably so we can reason away why we're so bad...ha ha

Daravenator
09-10-2008, 05:08 PM

Don't believe that our team are as awful as some are making out, we got beaten badly by a better team, but I would be shocked if we didn't put in an above average effort against your Ravens.

One area of concern for most is the run defense, how have McGahee and Rice looked so far?

Rice looks pretty good, but either he needs new shooz or the turf was just slippery to him and him only, as he lost his footing quite a bit against the Bengals. McGahee was able to play, but Harbaugh sat him out due to not practicing much after his knee surgery. But the news is that after watching Rice and McClain smash the ball down the Bengal's throats in the 4th quarter last week, he decided he needed to start practicing harder. He only has one game against the Texans, with 117 yards on 22 carries.

I don't know a ton about McClain (who does?). But at 6' 0" and 260 lbs., he appears to be a real bruiser out of the backfield. The kind of FB that can carry 5-6 tacklers while gaining 7-8 yards a carry with 12 minutes left on the game clock. If the Ravens have a small lead to protect, he will be the one getting the ball.

Daravenator
09-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Lets put it this way......if the Texans don't beat the Ravens in their home opener, the sky may not be falling, but it sure as hell will be cracked.

In this division we can't afford to lose "winnable" games (no offense Ravens fan....but when you look at our schedule this is one of the most "winnable" games for quite a while).

None taken. We feel the same. Although after last week, we now feel that way about Cleveland, too.

Daravenator
09-10-2008, 05:13 PM
From what I've seen on other boards (and this might not be true of all boards) but if the team has a successful history and is still doing quite well, the folks are hard asses and let you know it. Those with teams not doing so well are generally more inclined to actually talk football with you.

Well, you have to remember the history between Baltimore and Indy, too. We didn't take too kindly to our team leaving town in the middle of a blizzard and then having Tagliabue fist us out of a team for 13 years......all the while watching people sitting in the Hoosierdome clapping like they were at a grade school play instead of a NFL game and telling everyone how great their "old" quarterback Johnny Unitas was.

Losing that game SUCKED!!!!!!!! But at least we won a Super Bowl before they did!

Twitch-Houston
09-10-2008, 05:17 PM
telling everyone how great their "old" quarterback Johnny Unitas was.

We feel you on that one. The Titans fans care nothing of the old Oilers. All the tributes are done in Houston and all us fans still feel the sting of all the hard losses. (Buffalo to be exact....oh oh, I'm going to be sick)

Carr Bombed
09-10-2008, 05:20 PM
all the while watching people sitting in the Hoosierdome clapping like they were at a grade school play instead of a NFL game and telling everyone how great their "old" quarterback Johnny Unitas was!

You're preaching to the choir pal.........

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38404

That Jackass actually got upset, because "Houston football" fans (it doesn't matter if the team moved....he played for this city) don't acknowledge Earl Campbell as a Tenn. Titan.

Hell even Earl doesn't acknewledge himself as a Tenn. Titan. The tried to honor him a few years back and he flat denied it and told them......"I wasn't a Tenn. Titan, I was a Houston Oiler".

Anytime a team leaves a city they should automatically leave the history (and name) with that city.....like what happened with the Browns and with the Seattle Sonics (yes whenever Seattle gets a team back, they've already worked out a agreement to get their name and records back)

If the NFL actually forced this on teams...not only would Cleveland still have the Browns (like they do), but

Baltimore would still have the Colts
and
Houston would still have the Oilers...

Tenn. and Indy, would be the ones forced to start up a new history from scratch.

hadaad
09-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Brunell was a beast.

I remember that game. I remember someone saying it was Brunell's "Career Day". I wanted to yell at that person. 63 points in the playoffs isn't the career game? Some regular season game against an inferior team is? WTF?

Daravenator
09-10-2008, 06:46 PM
You're preaching to the choir pal.........

I made my post, went to start dinner and thought, "Holy Mother of God! Did I just screw the pooch!" Yeah, you guys do have some idea. Thankfully, at least, Tennessee did finally have the cojones to drop Oilers and pick a new name and colors.

You are dead right. Take the team but leave the name and the history. Pastorini certainly wasn't no damned Titan!

b0ng
09-10-2008, 07:12 PM

Just curious, but didn't Boller have some sort of great game his first start?

Daravenator
09-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Just curious, but didn't Boller have some sort of great game his first start?

He started his NFL career going 5-3, which was third-best in NFL history for a rookie QB (before he was injured). In his first NFL game (2003 against the Steelers) he went 22-43 for 152 yards with one TD and one INT.

Boller is a serviceable QB, but in the lng run, he doesn't appear to have what it takes to carry a team to a championship.

Double Barrel
09-10-2008, 07:43 PM

awe, c'mon now, kiwi. You know we all love our Texans. But we're not going to call a sprinkle covered dog turd a brownie. Six years of below average football will do that to a fan. All of our sentiment is born from passion, though. People ***** about the team because they care about the team. :shades:

kiwitexansfan
09-10-2008, 07:51 PM
awe, c'mon now, kiwi. You know we all love our Texans. But we're not going to call a sprinkle covered dog turd a brownie. Six years of below average football will do that to a fan. All of our sentiment is born from passion, though. People ***** about the team because they care about the team. :shades:

Not arguing the passion of the posters, it is the passion that makes us all care way too much.

BTW DB is 32-65 our all time record? Thats pretty poor.

I'm going to go become a Titans fan.
J/K

J-Russ
09-10-2008, 10:04 PM
I think he resembles simple jack more then he does montana.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/football/nfl/img10965820.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3012/2750118481_00ce55a1dc.jpg?v=0

"Mama, I'll see you again tonight in my head movies. But this head movies makes my eyes rain!"

"You make my pee-pee maker t-t-tingle."

I'm sure Mario will do both, makes his eyes rain and pee-pee tingle, on sunday.

Daravenator
09-11-2008, 08:57 AM
I think he resembles simple jack more then he does montana.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/football/nfl/img10965820.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3012/2750118481_00ce55a1dc.jpg?v=0

"Mama, I'll see you again tonight in my head movies. But this head movies makes my eyes rain!"

"You make my pee-pee maker t-t-tingle."

I'm sure Mario will do both, makes his eyes rain and pee-pee tingle, on sunday.

Ok, that made me laugh!

ObsiWan
09-11-2008, 09:21 AM

That won't be hard seeing how this is his NFL "career" to date

J. Flacco 15/29 129 yds 0 TDs 0 Ints

:D

Daravenator
09-11-2008, 09:23 AM
That won't be hard seeing how this is his "career" to date

J. Flacco 15/2912900

:D

LMAO

ANTHING over 129 yards will be a career day.