PDA

View Full Version : VY's Mommy: "He's hurting inside and out."

Shaft75
09-10-2008, 08:13 AM
Wow. He told her he didn't want to play football anymore because he was so ridiculed.

His mother also says that he needs our prayers and support.

Poor poor millionaire NFL football player...

Also, the Vince is hurting inside comment is just something I felt y'all could all run with.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/10/youngs-mom-vince-said-he-didnt-want-to-play-football-anymore/

Showtime100
09-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Wow. He told her he didn't want to play football anymore because he was so ridiculed.

His mother also says that he needs our prayers and support.

Poor poor millionaire NFL football player...

Also, the Vince is hurting inside comment is just something I felt y'all could all run with.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/10/youngs-mom-vince-said-he-didnt-want-to-play-football-anymore/

Uh-oh, he didn't. Look out folks Vince's mom is pissed. I hope she doesn't tell my mom. I could get grounded all the things I said.

Grams
09-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Maybe Mommy needs to quit calling a grown man her "baby boy".

Maybe then he would realize that he is a man and start acting like one.

Cjeremy635
09-10-2008, 08:26 AM
This is all I gotta say about this:

"I did my best!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o0FnkN1mdw

Showtime100
09-10-2008, 08:32 AM
“What would you think, if you were tired of being ridiculed and persecuted and talked about and not being treated very well, what would you do?” Felicia Young said. “What kind of decision would you make? He may not want to deal with it [all], but you have to get to that point before you make that decision first.”

Maybe he's got India and a big fattie on his mind. :hobie:

Shaft75
09-10-2008, 08:39 AM
I just want to see who can come up with the best joke combining "hurting inside" and "disappearing sausage trick."

SheTexan
09-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Maybe Mommy needs to quit calling a grown man her "baby boy".

Maybe then he would realize that he is a man and start acting like one.

I agree!! I've already posted my comments on another thread, so I won't repeat myself here. Just want to say that as a Mom/Grandmom, I tell my kids to conduct themselves in a manner that makes them proud of who they are, because that reflects on ME!!:) VY's Mom should have taken him out behind the barn a LONG time ago!! It's called TOUGH LOVE!

MojoMan
09-10-2008, 08:56 AM
I agree!! I've already posted my comments on another thread, so I won't repeat myself here. Just want to say that as a Mom/Grandmom, I tell my kids to conduct themselves in a manner that makes them proud of who they are, because that reflects on ME!!:) VY's Mom should have taken him out behind the barn a LONG time ago!! It's called TOUGH LOVE!

Sounds like you think Vince Young needs a good spanking.

Hervoyel
09-10-2008, 08:58 AM
I just want to see who can come up with the best joke combining "hurting inside" and "disappearing sausage trick."

Too easy and there's a point where I just can't get a bunch of enthusiasm for kicking a guy who's down. Now, don't get me wrong. I'll kick him all the way down with a smile on my face just like the rest of America but once he taps out and curls up into a ball I just can't see the fun in that.

Some guys have just enormous gobs of talent but don't have the brains to play in the pros. Others have the talent and the brains but not the necessary mindset or psychological makeup. I'm starting to think that the real killer for Vince might be the latter. So he scored poorly on his test? Big deal. It's entertaining to make fun of but if the man can play football then the man can play football and it's not really all that important in the long run. On the other hand if he can't deal with the attention (which nobody ever guaranteed would be 100% positive) and the criticism that being one of maybe the 32 most scrutinized players in the NFL brings then that's a whole other ball of wax and he might be out of football in a year or two at the rate he's going.

HOU-TEX
09-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Momma needs to yank her tit out of her "baby boy's" mouth and allow his sack to drop.

Ole Miss Texan
09-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Maybe this thread can be used as a 'get well soon' type b/c it's obvious VY has some issues, and it's never fun to see that. As Texans fans we have an obligation to hate our rival and their players- but let's leave that mostly to the field. When it comes to mental issues like depression, it's better just to wish the guy the best. I'd be perfectly happy if he keeps his millions goes on and has a successful life, but not against us on the football field.

hurting inside and the disappearing sausage trick... wow. that's too funny, and I think i'll refrain from commenting on that one. LMAO

Sometimes we have to be the bigger people and when someone is really hurting, we don't have to push them down farther. Flame me if ya want and say it's all fair game, but let's criticize VY on his ability to play in the pros, lead his team, be the franchise QB, etc (or lack of ability) and his desire for sausage parties... but I say we be a little bigger (cuz we're from Texas) and not make fun of him for being depressed and whatever else may come about.

It's great to hate on Brady, Merriman, Jaguars OL, etc. but we shouldn't be overly happy their injured for the entire season. Makes me like our chances of beating them, those teams having a worse record, but I always hate to see serious injuries to any player

Texan_Bill
09-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Momma needs to yank her tit out of her "baby boy's" mouth and allow his sack to drop.

Whether his sack drops or not has no bearing on his oral fixation... Plain and simple, vy sucks.

TexansLucky13
09-10-2008, 09:56 AM
All jokes aside, the dude really does need to follow his heart. If he isn't into football anymore, he needs to call it quits now and do himself and millions of others a favor. You can't play football if you aren't 100% committed.

MojoMan
09-10-2008, 10:03 AM
All jokes aside, the dude really does need to follow his heart. If he isn't into football anymore, he needs to call it quits now and do himself and millions of others a favor. You can't play football if you aren't 100% committed.

He's still into football, he is just having a pity party. Who here on this board has never had a pity party before?

He has been treated like a football hero all of his life. Now that he has reached the NFL, he is just another player. He is going to have to work hard if he wants to reach the next level in this league. I really believe he still can, if he is willing to do the necessary work and get over himself.

J-Russ
09-10-2008, 10:08 AM
“He is a young man. He just needs a lot of love and support.’’

Someone get this man some hugs! Can't you see he's dying inside?

I think the whole Titans team needs to have another team meeting and give Vince a big ole' group hug.

Double Barrel
09-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Wow, what an epic meltdown. I do wish VY - the person - finds help.

And honestly, I do hope he gets it together and plays football for the Titans again. If for no other reason than to give the Texans a chance to beat a VY-led team.

I guess him running around Reliant yelling "this is my house!" was indicative of much deeper mental issues, 'eh? We were told it was all about winning, but that was a whole lot of emotion being displayed by a rookie towards a team that went 2-14 the year before. That little display was born from deep-rooted emotional issues, entirely based upon not getting picked for the team. That was unprofessional, and dare I say....immature and childish. Obviously a sign of things to come.

Grams
09-10-2008, 10:11 AM
A pity party? Where he quits on his team in front of everyone?

If he does ever get his head on straight and decides to "man up" he is going to have a lot of difficulty getting his teammates to look at him as a leader.

I think he has lost any respect he had from the Titans players. It will be a long, long time (if ever) he regains any respect.

Wolf
09-10-2008, 10:11 AM
“He is a young man. He just needs a lot of love and support.’’

Someone get this man some hugs! Can't you see he's dying inside?

I think the whole Titans team needs to have another team meeting and give Vince a big ole' group hug.

this came to mind
http://actors.pick2web.com/pics/993278/willferrell_elfhug.jpg

MojoMan
09-10-2008, 10:12 AM

OK. Fair enough. It is a pity-party and a temper-tantrum combined. Those two do often go together.

Personally, I have found that it works a lot better if you can have the pity-party in private, and skip the temper-tantrum altogether.

The Dream
09-10-2008, 10:14 AM
When it comes to mental issues like depression, it's better just to wish the guy the best

agreed

except if it's karl malone

The Dream
09-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Wow, what an epic meltdown. I do wish VY - the person - finds help.

And honestly, I do hope he gets it together and plays football for the Titans again. If for no other reason than to give the Texans a chance to beat a VY-led team.

I guess him running around Reliant yelling "this is my house!" was indicative of much deeper mental issues, 'eh? We were told it was all about winning, but that was a whole lot of emotion being displayed by a rookie towards a team that went 2-14 the year before. That little display was born from deep-rooted emotional issues, entirely based upon not getting picked for the team. That was unprofessional, and dare I say....immature and childish. Obviously a sign of things to come.

lol, i think it's deeper than that. A lot of players who feel that they've been shafted by organizations, enjoy sticking it to them........I think there are probably some off the field problems, like his childhood, his father not being around and getting out of jail not too long back, the pressure of money and fame thrown at a young man, etc........

El Tejano
09-10-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm just going to play devil's advocate here but what if Vince doesn't want to play in Tennessee anymore because he still so badly wants to play in Houston?

You know, I'll retire and The Texans can pick me up as a free agent!

Double Barrel
09-10-2008, 10:28 AM
I'm just going to play devil's advocate here but what if Vince doesn't want to play in Tennessee anymore because he still so badly wants to play in Houston?

We could use a running back!

Texan_Bill
09-10-2008, 10:31 AM

We could use a running back!

Problem SOL-VED!!!

ESAD2-14
09-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Yeah, sorry I'm not about to feel sorry for a guy making millions of dollars a year playing a game.Especially when you got 18-19 year old kids making thousands of dollars a year in Iraq and A-stan that go through more shit in one day then VY or most other pro-athletes experience in a lifetime.

Guess this is what happens when you are handled with kiddy gloves through out your High School and College careers. Vince needs to grow the f*ck up, period.

alphajoker
09-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Well, looks like it's time to get another tattoo of a rose put on his arm for all the women in his life...because he's acting like a little *****! He's not even getting 1/4 of the shit that Mario received and he took it like a man. Geez, what a pu**y!

Second Honeymoon
09-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Vince needs to put up or shut up. The media is running with this and they may be making a mountain out of a molehill but that is what happens when you sit and pout on the sideline while your team is trying to compete. Dude needs to get over it and deal with the criticism and pressure.

He overcame early criticism at Texas but this is the NFL. Whole other ballgame. I am sure he is just upset with his own performance and the performance/quality of some of his receivers. There were more than a few dropped balls at critical times. His picks were on him but aside from the 2nd INT, he didn't play that bad. He did what he was asked to do. Hand the ball off and throw or scramble on 3rd down.

At this point, any criticism or pressure he gets is his own fault. 18-11 as a starter is great but if your acting like a punk or a crybaby, any goodwill is quickly depleted.

HJam72
09-10-2008, 10:44 AM
I think it's the Oline. :mcnugget:

MojoMan
09-10-2008, 10:50 AM
If Vince thinks he has been ridiculed up until now, imagine the taunting that he will receive from the opposing defenses over the next few weeks. They will probably play on this to try to get inside his head. Can you imagine an opposing linebacker taunting him with "you need your mommy to come out and protect you Baby Boy?"

He is going to need to toughen up and focus on the game, or they might just eat him alive.

The Dream
09-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Yeah, sorry I'm not about to feel sorry for a guy making millions of dollars a year playing a game.Especially when you got 18-19 year old kids making thousands of dollars a year in Iraq and A-stan that go through more shit in one day then VY or most other pro-athletes experience in a lifetime.

Guess this is what happens when you are handled with kiddy gloves through out your High School and College careers. Vince needs to grow the f*ck up, period.

and this is because you know of everything going on in his real life.................

EDIT

Money doesn't necessarily equate to making an individual happy.......................see the numerous amounts of rich people who have deep rooted psychological/emotional problems.........

HJam72
09-10-2008, 10:56 AM
and this is because you know of everything going on in his real life.................

EDIT

Money doesn't necessarily equate to making an individual happy.......................see the numerous amounts of rich people who have deep rooted psychological/emotional problems.........

Well, that's because they need more attention from their mommies.

hadaad
09-10-2008, 11:01 AM
The part of me that's human, that has feelings and stuff (y'know, the part that goes mostly ignored) hopes he gets himself straightened out. It's not good to see the complete implosion of a person.

The part of me that's a parent wants to give him a slap in the face, a pat on the shoulder and a kick in the ass all at once.

The part of me that is neither of those things (the part of me that's a football fan) kinda chuckles at the jokes the people on here are making.

Most of me just ignores it and hopes that Schaub can get his stuff together for the Ravens.

Texan_Bill
09-10-2008, 11:10 AM

If this were true, than he owes the Tennessee Titans organization and the fans of the team to seek out the help he needs. Focus on getting himself well, then return to the team with a clear head, heart and most importantly committment to them. What he did was no more than an 8 year old sissy fit...

Second Honeymoon
09-10-2008, 11:19 AM
If this were true, than he owes the Tennessee Titans organization and the fans of the team to seek out the help he needs. Focus on getting himself well, then return to the team with a clear head, heart and most importantly committment to them. What he did was no more than an 8 year old sissy fit...

quoted for truth

Hookem Horns
09-10-2008, 11:39 AM
You wonder if the worship he receives in Austin has effected him mentally. He is constantly being told in Austin that he is God and that "just being Vince" is enough to win Super Bowls, end global warming, bring world peace, etc.

Then he goes back to Nashville and reality sits back in.

Kind of like David Hasselhof (sp?). He is a God in Germany however when he comes back to the States reality must sit back in.

The Dream
09-10-2008, 11:43 AM

No he owes "himself" to seek out help.

I just sent this in to 790, I think all of you should read it

Has anyone ever thought, that Vince's problems can be deeper than "just football?" For god sakes no one has any idea of what's going on his real life. He had a rough childhood, his father was absent, and just got out of jail last year, etc. Money is nice, but money can not buy happiness. This is why there are numerous amounts of wealthy people, who are depressed. He had a good rookie year, and wanted to retire back then....WHEN HE WAS GOOD! So that right there tells me, that this is deeper than "just football." Get a clue.......

Hervoyel
09-10-2008, 11:47 AM

If he does ever get his head on straight and decides to "man up" he is going to have a lot of difficulty getting his teammates to look at him as a leader.

I think he has lost any respect he had from the Titans players. It will be a long, long time (if ever) he regains any respect.

He can look to Kerry Collins for guidance on how to resurrect a career after you face your problems. At one point nobody trusted Collins anymore either. That's the point Vince is headed for right now. I hope they get along and are friends because Collins will probably be invaluable when Vince starts paying attention.

And yes, I know Collins problems were rooted in alcohol. It makes no difference. Collins walked into a coaches office and told him his heart wasn't in the game anymore. They (Vince and Kerry) have a lot in common in some respects.

Wolf
09-10-2008, 11:47 AM
bar wasn't set too high was it

51 pecent of passes 2,199 yards 12 tds and 13 ints 552 yards rushing 12 fumbles (3 lost)

http://www.nfl.com/players/vinceyoung/profile?id=YOU617196

I agreed with what you said until you said "he was good"

Shaft75
09-10-2008, 11:48 AM
You wonder if the worship he receives in Austin has effected him mentally. He is constantly being told in Austin that he is God and that "just being Vince" is enough to win Super Bowls, end global warming, bring world peace, etc.

Then he goes back to Nashville and reality sits back in.

Kind of like David Hasselhof (sp?). He is a God in Germany however when he comes back to the States reality must sit back in.

LOL. Comparing VY to David Hasselhoff gets you rep.

Texan_Bill
09-10-2008, 11:49 AM

Absolutely true, he does owe it to himself to seek help........... then, he can pay back the money that he didn't earn - thus owing the titans and their fans.

Hervoyel
09-10-2008, 11:49 AM

I just sent this in to 790, I think all of you should read it

Has anyone ever thought, that Vince's problems can be deeper than "just football?" For god sakes no one has any idea of what's going on his real life. He had a rough childhood, his father was absent, and just got out of jail last year, etc. Money is nice, but money can not buy happiness. This is why there are numerous amounts of wealthy people, who are depressed. He had a good rookie year, and wanted to retire back then....WHEN HE WAS GOOD! So that right there tells me, that this is deeper than "just football." Get a clue.......

All I have ever asked from life is for an opportunity to prove that this is the most repeated and least intelligent line in human history.

If you find that money can't buy happiness then you are doing it wrong.

Wolf
09-10-2008, 11:50 AM
He can look to Kerry Collins for guidance on how to resurrect a career after you face your problems. At one point nobody trusted Collins anymore either. That's the point Vince is headed for right now. I hope they get along and are friends because Collins will probably be invaluable when Vince starts paying attention.

And yes, I know Collins problems were rooted in alcohol. It makes no difference. Collins walked into a coaches office and told him his heart wasn't in the game anymore. They (Vince and Kerry) have a lot in common in some respects.

very true and hopefully some other NFL players will contact Vince

Vince may feel like he is the only one that has problems but I recall some other players that lost parents at one time growing up .. I think there was on player that came out of florida state a few years back, lost both parents and raised by grandma ...

There are alot tough cases in NFL , hopefully they will come and help vince, because say what you will. but everyone treats it differently mentally

The Dream
09-10-2008, 11:50 AM
bar wasn't set too high was it

51 pecent of passes 2,199 yards 12 tds and 13 ints 552 yards rushing 12 fumbles (3 lost)

http://www.nfl.com/players/vinceyoung/profile?id=YOU617196

I agreed with what you said until you said "he was good"

the dude was having a successful season for the most part....................fact.

The Dream
09-10-2008, 11:51 AM
All I have ever asked is for an opportunity to prove that this is the most repeated and least intelligent line in human history.

i bought my happiness back last night........

Polo
09-10-2008, 11:52 AM
You got a prostitute ?

Specnatz
09-10-2008, 11:52 AM
agreed

except if it's karl malone

So it is ok to rag on a guy you do not like but Please Leave Vince alone :cry2:

Vince needs to put up or shut up. The media is running with this and they may be making a mountain out of a molehill but that is what happens when you sit and pout on the sideline while your team is trying to compete. Dude needs to get over it and deal with the criticism and pressure.

He overcame early criticism at Texas but this is the NFL. Whole other ballgame. I am sure he is just upset with his own performance and the performance/quality of some of his receivers. There were more than a few dropped balls at critical times. His picks were on him but aside from the 2nd INT, he didn't play that bad. He did what he was asked to do. Hand the ball off and throw or scramble on 3rd down.

At this point, any criticism or pressure he gets is his own fault. 18-11 as a starter is great but if your acting like a punk or a crybaby, any goodwill is quickly depleted.

He quit on his team, then acted like a nut job and ran off to be alone or what ever like a 5 year old running to his room and slamming the door. No body loves me waaaaaaa they made fun of me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Your are making excuses for him like everyone else. Every team will have dropped passes. AJ, Moss and Harrison are not perfect and they drop passes from time to time. Maybe if vy would throw the pass on time and in the right place the rec would have an easier time catching them. vy being told it is always everyone else's fault and now that he is the one getting the boos is not sitting well with him.

The Dream
09-10-2008, 11:54 AM
You got a prostitute ?

yes......................your girlfriend....lol, j/k

rmartin65
09-10-2008, 11:54 AM
the dude was having a successful season for the most part....................fact.

Nope, wrong. A 66.7 passer rating, with more interceptions than TD's is not a successful season for a QB.

Brando
09-10-2008, 11:55 AM
You got a prostitute ?

:spit:

Polo
09-10-2008, 11:55 AM
yes......................your girlfriend....lol

As long as she's bringing me your money it's all good...

"Don't be surprised when she ask where the cash at"

Shaft75
09-10-2008, 11:57 AM
All I have ever asked from life is for an opportunity to prove that this is the most repeated and least intelligent line in human history.

Mo' money, mo' problems is better.

You don't need to take things so literally, I think. In the grand scheme of things , money is the root of all evil .

Did you see how I used three other commonly used phrases? What do you think about those?

Mr. White
09-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Money may not buy happiness, but it'll damn sure buy off unhappiness.

The Dream
Nope, wrong. A 66.7 passer rating, with more interceptions than TD's is not a successful season for a QB.

he was a ROOKIE....who had multiple comebacks, almost got his team to the playoffs despite not playing all of the season, was ROY, went to the probowl, the media was giving him props, etc.............................that IS a good year......

Double Barrel

In the words of my uncle Dennis (the menace) - "Money may not buy you happiness, but it sure increases your options." :cool:

Hookem Horns
09-10-2008, 12:00 PM
He had a rough childhood, his father was absent, and just got out of jail last year, etc. Money is nice, but money can not buy happiness.

You've probably just described a large percentage of NFL players.

He had a good rookie year, and wanted to retire back then....WHEN HE WAS GOOD!

Just how good was he? His passer ratings was 66.7. He had 12 TD and 13 INTs. The same season David Carr had a 82.1 rating with 11 TD and 12 INTs.

Wolf
09-10-2008, 12:00 PM

I thought he was another struggling QB and fans and the NFL made more out of him than what was reality

his number compare to alex smith. yet one considered a bust other with potential...

I think he was hurt by the media and fans.. mediocre season but goes into probowl and then rookie of the year ...lots of success early and did it go to his head and think he was good?(nothing wrong with confidence)(like shetexan said) but ... interesting choices he has done over the years ....

some questioned early about when you have a new OC .. you go back to college instead during the offseason(nothing wrong with that and i applaud that)

I just wonder like TB stated the issues ...

if I put my tin foil hat on.. what was done at UT to let "Vince be Vince" and now "vince can't be vince " on an NFL level (or the coaches won't let him).. who knows

we agree to disagree, but in common I think we both want him to get better mentally and I pray that he does

Honoring Earl 34
09-10-2008, 12:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Jao6Z6v9w

The Dream
09-10-2008, 12:01 PM
You've probably just described a large percentage of NFL players

different people have different problems........no one knows what's going on in his personal life.......................

The Dream
09-10-2008, 12:02 PM
I thought he was another struggling QB and fans and the NFL made more out of him than what was reality

he was a ROOKIE....who had multiple comebacks, almost got his team to the playoffs despite not playing all of the season, was ROY, went to the probowl, the media was giving him props, etc.............................that IS a good year......

Brando
09-10-2008, 12:05 PM
the media overhyped the guy

......Fixed....

Seriously, I hope he gets better mentally and physically.

Yankee_In_TX
09-10-2008, 12:05 PM
I've stayed out of all these threads (except the photosof shirtless VY). I love that on the radio, the VY lovers only come with "it's not fair" or people are being "too harsh."

Way to bring it VY fans.

If VY quits football, will people stop wearing Titans jerseys to Texans games?

ESAD2-14
09-10-2008, 12:06 PM

EDIT

The guy is playing a game for millions of dollars, last I checked that could go along way towards making for a lot of happiness. Granted I do not know what is going on in his personal life. However, there are a lot of people out in the "real" world that have it a lot worse then VY does and they still drive on. Bottom line, he has a lot of maturing to do.

Save "the money does not make people happy" argument, it sure does not hurt. I am sure we are going to hear about how VY does have some psychological/emotional problem, because it's going to be easier for him to say that then to actually take responsibility for his actions. If you want to drive on over to Nashville and sing Kumbaya and help him get in touch with his feelings go for it.

BTW, I am not writing this to single out VY. He just happens to be the focus of the thread/issue.

WWJD
09-10-2008, 12:07 PM
I have alot of empathy for Vince. Nobody can say what he is going thru...and if he is found to have some type of mental depression that is serious.

I'll just say it's best to treat people the way you wish to be treated..I would not want people making fun of me if I was having problems self induced or not.

Best to walk on the "be kind" side...the world is cruel enough without adding to it.

The Dream
09-10-2008, 12:08 PM
If VY quits football, will people stop wearing Titans jerseys to Texans games?

no.

Wolf
09-10-2008, 12:08 PM
some of the discussions remind me of me when there was discussions about Carr

The Dream
09-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Granted I do not know what is going on in his personal life

exactly, so maybe u should not say anything..............If I had the option to live the "regular" life I live now and be happy, or have money and be miserable on the inside, I'd choose the former.....................my happiness, not my bank account is what matters at the end of the day..........

The Dream
some of the discussions remind me of me when there was discussions about Carr

Vince doesn't where gloves.................

Second Honeymoon
different people have different problems........no one knows what's going on in his personal life.......................

Dream, stop making excuses. Everyone has problems and everyone has pressures. It's how you deal with them that sets you apart and displays your character and abilities. This is on Vince, plain and simple...and with better and more experienced people around him it could have been avoided.

What problems does he have in his life? What was so bad in his childhood that sets him apart from a lot of people that grew up in a rough environment with less than ideal parenting/family structure and support? If he is getting hurt and its getting him down, do something about it. Get in the gym, do your stretches, dedicate yourself to your craft. If your not hitting your WRs accurately, do something about it, practice in the offseason with one of your favorite targets, do the extra work on the field and in the film room. Basically its the same stuff I used to say about Carr (and same thing Dunta said years later) If your not getting the job done, do something about it. Feeling sorry for yourself and throwing fits only loses your teammates faith, gives a black eye to yourself, your team, and your university, and it just puts more pressure on yourself because ESPN and NFLN are just waiting for anything to report with some soap opera drama.

As a Texans fan, I am happy to see the Titans having QB issues and even though I am a huge Vince fan, he has no one to blame but himself and needs to get over it.

Grams
09-10-2008, 12:11 PM

The "Dude" wasn't having a successful season the defense was having an excellent season so they were winning in spite of Vince.

Just because you had some problems growing up doesn't mean that you can't handle your responsibilities when you become an adult. LOTS of people grow up with only 1 parent and can handle adulthood just fine.

Vince has just been babied all his life and had othes take care of all his problems so he could just play football. Texas had to change the offense for him because he could not learn the system. That is part of the problem, everybody always changes so Vince can be Vince. But to play in the NFL you have to be part of the team, take responsibilities for your mistakes, but Vince has not learned how to do that as he never makes mistakes - it is always someone else fault. He has not learned how to be an adult. When you Mommy still call you her baby boy to the press, you should get a good idea where that comes from.

Baby boy can't handle his responsibilites, he can't be perfect Vince and have everybody love him and throw constant praise on him so he doesn't want to play football anymore.

He has had more than enough money the past 2 years that he could have gotten all the help he needed, but that wold mean he would have to admit to himself that he has a problem and hard to do that when you are perfect.

Brando
09-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Vince doesn't where gloves.................

But he does have a tattoo of his name on his BACK.

TexansLucky13
09-10-2008, 12:14 PM

Yea, that's pretty disturbing.

Polo
Save "the money does not make people happy" argument, it sure does not hurt.

Death can make some people happy if their twisted like that.

I'd say that money makes people happy when they don't have it, or aren't used to having it. People are always going ot want more.

The Dream
What problems does he have in his life? What was so bad in his childhood that sets him apart from a lot of people that grew up in a rough environment with less than ideal parenting/family structure and support

u don't know...there's experiences, physiological differences (ever heard of chemical inbalances in the brain???), the way people handle problems, etc. that come into mind...we're not all robots programmed to act the same way..............some of u really have no clue what you're talking about......*dream thanks god some of you aren't interested in counseling or therapy*........

The Dream
09-10-2008, 12:15 PM
The "Dude" wasn't having a successful season the defense was having an excellent season so they were winning in spite of Vince.

funny how that defense wasn't winning games before Vince became the starter.......

Texan_Bill
09-10-2008, 12:16 PM

"What's my name??"

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267/markedhoosier/temp.jpg

Grams
Dream - Are you sure you are not Vince in disguise?

You sure do love him a lot.

Wolf
u don't know...there's experiences, physiological differences (ever heard of chemical inbalances in the brain???), the way people handle problems, etc. that come into mind...we're not all robots programmed to act the same way..............some of u really have no clue what you're talking about......*dream thanks god some of you aren't interested in counseling or therapy*........

funny thing is I do understand anxiety and depression

The Dream
09-10-2008, 12:19 PM
funny thing is I do understand anxiety and depression

doesn't seem like it........

Dream - Are you sure you are not Vince in disguise?

You sure do love him a lot.

No Vince has multiple accounts, and posts under everyone else's name on this board............this board "hearts" VY..............

Brando
09-10-2008, 12:22 PM

No Vince has multiple accounts, and posts under everyone else's name on this board............this board "hearts" VY..............

No "you" hearts VY....You might be his cousin or something the love is unreal.

Texan_Bill
09-10-2008, 12:22 PM

I think Terry Bradshaw won a couple of Super Bowls with chemical imbalances... :thinking:

I'm sick of all this whiney titty baby crap. The real title of this thread should be:

Re: VY's Mom: "His pee-pee hurts":

*thanks Wolf*

Wolf
09-10-2008, 12:34 PM

well i wonder if you are reading my posts then ..I most of my cracks or jokes but when I put on there "on a serious note" I am not making cracks

The Dream
09-10-2008, 12:34 PM
I think Terry Bradshaw won a couple of Super Bowls with chemical imbalances... :thinking:

I'm sick of all this whiney titty baby crap. The real title of this thread should be:

*thanks Wolf*

and some people go into "suicide mode" :thinking:

we are all "individuals" that handle things differently...........

Grams
09-10-2008, 12:37 PM
"The Associated Press reports Tennessee Titans QB Vince Young's mother, Felicia Young, said her son has indicated he is 'hurting inside and out' and doesn't want to play football. "What would you think, if you were tired of being ridiculed and persecuted and talked about and not being treated very well, what would you do? What kind of decision would you make?" F. Young said. "He may not want to deal with it (all), but you have to get to that point before you make that decision first." V. Young did not go to the team's offices Monday, Sept. 8, and postponed his MRI until Tuesday, Sept. 9. He also met with a psychologist at his home along with head coach Jeff Fisher and another team official. The questions about his mental state stem from his being booed after throwing a second interception Sunday, Sept. 7. He only returned to the game after pushed by Fisher.
Analysis: It appears as if Young's knee isn't the only body part that's hurting, and if Vince isn't mentally ready to return it doesn't matter if his knee is sound or not. That the Titans brought in Chris Simms so quickly when Young could return to the field in a month or so suggests they're not necessarily sold on his commitment going forward."

"VINCE’S PAST WORDS SPEAK VOLUMES
Posted by Mike Florio on September 10, 2008, 9:56 a.m.
A reader commenting on this morning’s latest development in the Vince Young saga reminded us about a quote from Young, made at a time when Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was complaining that black quarterbacks face greater criticism and scrutiny than white quarterbacks.

“Black or white quarterbacks, we all go through something because that’s the life of a quarterback,” Vince Young said last year. “You’ve got to be able to handle all the pressure. You’ve got to be able to handle the losses. You’ve got to be able to handle the media. If you can’t handle it, you’ve got to get off that position and go play something else.”

And maybe that’s what Vince is currently doing. On Monday, maybe Vince wasn’t thinking about ending his life; perhaps he was only thinking about ending his career.

So why would that have freaked out his family? We can think of more than 50 million reasons."

Mybe it is time for him to go play something else.

Polo
09-10-2008, 12:41 PM
So why would that have freaked out his family? We can think of more than 50 million reasons."

I doubt his family cares more about his money than his well being.

Grams
09-10-2008, 12:50 PM
[QUITEOn Monday, maybe Vince wasn’t thinking about ending his life; perhaps he was only thinking about ending his career.

QUOTE]

I didn't say that his family cared more about money than his health - the article said that perhaps Vince wasn't think of ending his life, but ending his NFL career and that perhaps that is why his family got paranoid and called Fisher.

Polo
09-10-2008, 12:54 PM
ok.

Hervoyel
09-10-2008, 01:21 PM

You can tell a lot about a person by what they get put on them when they go get some ink.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/Vince-Young.gif

ESAD2-14
09-10-2008, 01:30 PM
exactly, so maybe u should not say anything..............If I had the option to live the "regular" life I live now and be happy, or have money and be miserable on the inside, I'd choose the former.....................my happiness, not my bank account is what matters at the end of the day..........

Maybe you shouldn't be telling me what I can and can not say.

By the way, I do have a clue about what I am talking about. Anxiety and Depression, been there done that. Still never made me act like a baby.

I'm with you on having a regular life and no money but being happy as opposed to having money and being miserable, I would take that any day of the week. I guess my point about VY making millions was miscontstrued by you. The point I was making was that he has it pretty freaking good right now as far as life goes. Starting NFL QB, large bank account, adoration of many fans around the nation, the ability to help his family out, and the list goes on. Im pretty sure the good out weighs the bad in VY's life right now. The only real problem is his suckatude on the field, and you know who the only one that is going to fix that is? Its not a therapist, its not a psychologist, its not a physiologist. Its Vince Young.

Chemical Imbalances? Jeffrey Dahmer had chemical imbalances. VY just has maturity issues.

Polo
09-10-2008, 01:41 PM
The point I was making was that he has it pretty freaking good right now as far as life goes. Starting NFL QB, large bank account, adoration of many fans around the nation, the ability to help his family out, and the list goes on. Im pretty sure the good out weighs the bad in VY's life right now.

I LOL @ stuff like this...

Humans are so funny...

I'm pretty sure there are millions of individuals who look at a regular guy having the time to type on an internet message board much like you view VY.

There are many people who probably think you "have it pretty freaking good right now"...And I can say that with confidence without knowing anything about you other than you're posting on a message board...

Just because someones situation is better than yours doesn't mean they are beyond life's problems.

Brando
09-10-2008, 01:53 PM
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/1924424/5890813

Texan_Bill
09-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Hey Vince:

"It's Professional football! It's the NFL! It ain't intramurals!"

"Go play intramurals, brother … go play intramurals,"

rmartin65
09-10-2008, 02:12 PM

His defense and running game almost got them into the playoffs.
The ROY of the year honor was total BS, Colston should have gotten that.
The pro bowl is just a popularity contest, there were much better Qb's that got ripped off.
Both of these things are because of the media. The media thought Leaf was going to be a solid QB. The media thought Reggie Bush was going to be able to run between the tackles. The media thought Vick was a great QB. The media is wrong alot.

Showtime100
09-10-2008, 02:18 PM
If this was mentioned my apologies, but could you imagine what this story would be if VY played in New York?? Could you imagine the state of mind VY could theoretically be in right now?

Maybe when you have so many microphones in front of you it wouldn't really matter as much as one would think, so I stress the theoretical part.

Cjeremy635
09-10-2008, 02:24 PM

By the way, I do have a clue about what I am talking about. Anxiety and Depression, been there done that. Still never made me act like a baby.

I'm with you on having a regular life and no money but being happy as opposed to having money and being miserable, I would take that any day of the week. I guess my point about VY making millions was miscontstrued by you. The point I was making was that he has it pretty freaking good right now as far as life goes. Starting NFL QB, large bank account, adoration of many fans around the nation, the ability to help his family out, and the list goes on. Im pretty sure the good out weighs the bad in VY's life right now. The only real problem is his suckatude on the field, and you know who the only one that is going to fix that is? Its not a therapist, its not a psychologist, its not a physiologist. Its Vince Young.

Chemical Imbalances? Jeffrey Dahmer had chemical imbalances. VY just has maturity issues.

lmao.....nice. :shades:

False Start
09-10-2008, 02:53 PM
I don't like VY at all. That being said,I don't like to see anyone get hurt or hurt themselves. I wish no harm towards any human being. If his heart and mind aren't 100% dedicated to playing football,he needs to step aside and let someone who is take over for his teams sake.

Just one more thing,he needs to quit the damn whining!! VY,he just whines.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/vcry.jpg

Mr teX
09-10-2008, 03:04 PM
If this was mentioned my apologies, but could you imagine what this story would be if VY played in New York?? Could you imagine the state of mind VY could theoretically be in right now?

Maybe when you have so many microphones in front of you it wouldn't really matter as much as one would think, so I stress the theoretical part.

i could & it would've been as ugly as brian baldinger's mutant pinkie..

http://www.joesportsfan.com/.../columns3/baldypinky.jpg

:hide:

Showtime100
09-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Wow. Just saw this at chron.com (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5992935.html). Anybody else see this? Even Tricky Dick is looking up at his hero going, "Say it ain't so! :crying:"

I'm a little surprised after the worship Justice heaps on him.

kastofsna
09-10-2008, 03:09 PM

lol you literally have zero clue what's going on in Young's head

Texan_Bill
09-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Wow. Just saw this at chron.com (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5992935.html). Anybody else see this? Even Tricky Dick is looking up at his hero going, "Say it ain't so! :crying:"

I'm a little surprised after the worship Justice heaps on him.

I didn't read that but he certainly regurgitated it on 1560 earlier...

Shaft75
09-10-2008, 03:59 PM

Dude, there are people with chemical imbalances that post on this board. Just ask BlazingArrow...

He might just agree with you though, because both he and VY like hiding sausages and crying to their mommies.

CloakNNNdagger
09-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Every human being on this earth is born with a tragedy, and it isn't original sin. He's born with the tragedy that he has to grow up. That he has to leave the nest, the security, and go out to do battle. He has to lose everything that is wonderful and fight for a new wonderful of his own making, and it's a tragedy. A lot of people don't have the courage to do it. -- Helen Hayes

jerek
09-10-2008, 04:24 PM
and some people go into "suicide mode" :thinking:

we are all "individuals" that handle things differently...........

Who are you, VY's brother?

I don't wish any ill on the dude personally. I've dealt with anxiety and things like that on a personal as well as family level and I know what it's like to experience difficult emotions that you can't explain or wrap your mind around.

But you were sure flinging the mud mercilessly at David Carr for years, and you've said a lot of harsh things to other posters on these boards. Where was all of this empathetic, put-yourself-in-his-shoes stuff then?

I think VY is a turd of a football player and this, combined with Mario's play, only reinforces my long-held belief that we drafted the right guy. But personally, I don't have anything against him and wish him the best in his recovery, whatever demons he is fighting now.

Second Honeymoon
09-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Carr deserved it but at this point so does Vince. When you play poorly and then show no commitment to making things better and changing things you deserve all the criticism you get, personal or not. Carr sucked and at this point so has Vince since the end of his Rookie Year. I thought he would turn things around this year but with his attitude problem it might just get worse.

jerek
09-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Carr deserved it but at this point so does Vince. When you play poorly and then show no commitment to making things better and changing things you deserve all the criticism you get, personal or not. Carr sucked and at this point so does Vince.

Carr did suck. I just think it's funny that Dream is so regularly harsh on other players and even to other posters here in other threads and yet he is pulling every "but" in the book out and advocating this compassionate empathy for his hero now.

Hookem Horns
09-10-2008, 04:43 PM
I know a whole lot about anxiety and depression. I spent about in year in therapy for anxiety and learned so much I can probably be a therapist myself.

Chemical imbalances do exist however they are a result of unhealthy behavior and negative thought patterns. Over time those become automatic because one unknowingly programs their brain to do those things. Chemical imbalances are not some biological defect in the brain as big pharma and even some doctors would like you to believe.

However I am not yet convinced VY is truly experiencing a true anxiety / depression issue or if he just can't handle the pressure of the NFL for many reasons already expressed in this thread. It could be a combination of all the above. It is true that when one is having an anxiety issue they are generally over senstive and over react to everything due to nervous system overstimulation.

The only way to really reverse this is to help that person change his unhealthy behaviors and bad thought patterns which put him in his condition to start with. That takes a good bit of time and a LOT of work on the patients part. Part of that recovery process also involves removing that person from stressful situations which in VY's case would involve being out of football for at least a year.

For his sake hopefully he won't go the medication route if anxiety & depression are truly his issue. Those meds are dangerous, only prolong and often worsen the problem.

OK, I am off my therapist chair.

Texan_Bill
09-10-2008, 04:45 PM
I know a whole lot about anxiety and depression. I spent about in year in therapy for anxiety and learned so much I can probably be a therapist myself.

Chemical imbalances do exist however they are a result of unhealthy behavior and negative thought patterns. Over time those become automatic because one unknowingly programs their brain to do those things. Chemical imbalances are not some biological defect in the brain as big pharma and even some doctors would like you to believe.

However I am not yet convinced VY is truly experiencing a true anxiety / depression issue or if he just can't handle the pressure of the NFL for many reasons already expressed in this thread. It could be a combination of all the above. It is true that when one is having an anxiety issue they are generally over senstive and over react to everything due to nervous system overstimulation.

The only way to really reverse this is to help that person change his unhealthy behaviors and bad thought patterns which put him in his condition to start with. That takes a good bit of time and a LOT of work on the patients part. Part of that recovery process also involves removing that person from stressful situations which in VY's case would involve being out of football for at least a year.

For his sake hopefully he won't go the medication route if anxiety & depression are truly his issue. Those meds are dangerous, only prolong and often worsen the problem.

In layman terms:

The only demon he faces is going from BMOC to a mediocre / poor QB at the next level. There's a term for it. It's called "my pee-pee hurts coach" syndrome.

HOU-TEX
09-10-2008, 04:47 PM
In layman terms:

The only demon he faces is going from BMOC to a mediocre / poor QB at the next level. There's a term for it. It's called "my pee-pee hurts coach" syndrome.

Hmm....I wonder if he ever hung out with McLady....:thinking:

hadaad
09-10-2008, 05:37 PM
My take on the whole Vince Young thing is that he got by on his talent and never had to grow up. Now's his chance. I wouldn't say he's blowing it because we all go through stupid periods before we grow up. Or, well, I know I sure did. But I think he's definitely at a crossroads where he can choose to grow up and grow into his career or he can continue to be a child and party (pity or otherwise) his career away.

Of course, that's just me.

Showtime100
09-10-2008, 05:42 PM
My take on the whole Vince Young thing is that he got by on his talent and never had to grow up. Now's his chance. I wouldn't say he's blowing it because we all go through stupid periods before we grow up. Or, well, I know I sure did. But I think he's definitely at a crossroads where he can choose to grow up and grow into his career or he can continue to be a child and party (pity or otherwise) his career away.

Of course, that's just me.

I wish I could have waited until 25 to grow up (and got rich while I didn't).

toronto
09-10-2008, 06:43 PM
As a Titan fan, I have no sympathy at all for him and think this has taken a turn for the stupid.. He should count his lucky stars he's in Nashville and not a town that eats their own like Philly, Chicago or NYC. Can you imagine how Philly fans would skewer him if he was an Eagle? Man, look at how they booed McNabb, and he took them to a Super Bowl.

If you don't like getting booed and can't handle the heat, retuirn your signing bonus, get out of the kitchen and go flip burgers.

Specnatz
09-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Carr deserved it but at this point so does Vince. When you play poorly and then show no commitment to making things better and changing things you deserve all the criticism you get, personal or not. Carr sucked and at this point so has Vince since the end of his Rookie Year. I thought he would turn things around this year but with his attitude problem it might just get worse.

Been saying he sucked for a while and you have been vile and subhuman against me cause poor little vy went to ut. Seriously, I am laughing at all this. Alll of you vy jock-eyepatch wearing lets say disparaging remarks to the non-vy fans deserve all of this karma. At least Carr never quit on his team. He played like dog poo but never ever quit.

How does that jock smell now?

vy is a quiter!!

dtran04
09-10-2008, 08:30 PM
He should have seen what Mario went through.....I'm glad Mario was strong enough to ignore the people that absolutely hated him. I probably would have popped some steam off eventually.

ESAD2-14
09-10-2008, 10:46 PM
lol you literally have zero clue what's going on in Young's head

Never said I did. Matter of fact I did not even bring up the whole "whats going on in Young's head" issue. Looks to me that Young is eating not just a slice, but a whole Humble Pie. That can be harder for some to choke down then others.

I did state that I think he is having a particularly bad case of boo boo lip at the moment. Not in those exact words of course. If he continues this downward spiral and does not pull himself out of this funk it could lead to depression and anxiety problems.

I do find it rather peculiar that these issues with Young pop up only during football season though. With the media hype surrounding this guy you would have figured we would have heard something before his journey to the NFL or during the off season at least.

ReliantTexan
09-10-2008, 11:14 PM
we are all "individuals" that handle things differently...........And Vince's way of handling things is pouting and acting like a three year old when he facs criticism. that's the only point people are trying to make. You say that he has some abandoned childhood issues, maybe so, but I ask you this. Where were all these issues when he was at UT? Maybe he's been a pampered star athlete his whole life until things started to get bumpy in the pro's and he faced criticism,and instead of taking it like a man he does what he's doing now. Bottom line, he needs to grow up.

hot pickle
09-10-2008, 11:39 PM
i didnt wanna read everything.. so this might have been posted already... but as much as i love vince young for bring the ship back to UT... he has to cowboy the ******* up and get over it.... look at all the stuff mario had to put up with untill last season..... its simple vince.. make plays and dont turn the ball over....

kastofsna
09-10-2008, 11:47 PM
this is the most nonsensical post made on this forum, and i've seen a lot of them, most coming from me

Wolf
09-10-2008, 11:49 PM
this is the most nonsensical post made on this forum, and i've seen a lot of them, most coming from me

i can back hook 'em up on that one

The mind is a very powerful weapon

kastofsna
09-10-2008, 11:51 PM
lol what does that even mean, do you have any idea what you're talking about? just saying "the mind is a very powerful weapon" doesn't actually make it true fyi, it just means you don't understand how the brain works

kastofsna
09-10-2008, 11:52 PM
also anytime someone says "BIG PHARMACY" my retinas start to shoot blood from the intense eyerolling that follows

Wolf
09-10-2008, 11:58 PM
what it means I have dealt with depression and how thought patterns in certain situations can affect someone... social anxiety ....is one thing

I have had a panic attack at one time many years ago in austin when I couldn't walk into a HEB (grocery store) because I felt "watched"

I know it was all in my mind ... but it was a very uncomfortable feeling and I felt I couldn't do anything about it

Txn_in_Oki
09-11-2008, 07:58 AM
Dear Vince,

Feeling down? Unable to cope? Just try a little herbal supplementation.

Signed,
Ricky Williams

Specnatz
09-11-2008, 09:48 AM
lol what does that even mean, do you have any idea what you're talking about? just saying "the mind is a very powerful weapon" doesn't actually make it true fyi, it just means you don't understand how the brain works

It is like smoking and how addictive it is for some people. I quit cold turkey no problem. While others can not because they made themselves believe they can not.

Texan_Bill
09-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Dear Vince,

Feeling down? Unable to cope? Just try a little herbal supplementation.

Signed,
Ricky Williams

I'd rather kick back on my boat and have a few cocktails.

Sincerely,
Ced Benson

stevn8r
09-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Making it rain at a topless bar always works for me!

Regards,
PACMAN

Texan_Bill
09-11-2008, 11:02 AM

Irrespective of what the fish fan says, you are correct. While it's not 100% the cause (genetics, etc.), stressors (for Ksatofsna that means unhealthy behavior and negative thought patterns) are thought to be the leading cause of chemical imbalances.

Texan_Bill
09-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Making it rain at a topless bar always works for me!

Regards,
PACMAN

I just dump my frustrations in my girlfriend's hamper.

Kindest Regards,
Najeh Davenport

Specnatz
09-11-2008, 01:36 PM

Kindest Regards,
Najeh Davenport

I just dump on my girlfriends period.

Signed,

Osi Umenyiora

BeerTastesLikeVictory
09-11-2008, 02:47 PM

Kindest Regards,
Najeh Davenport

I am really not very interesting, but man oh man, wait till you meet my alter ego.

Yours truly,

Chad Ocho-Cinco

Hookem Horns
09-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Irrespective of what the fish fan says, you are correct. While it's not 100% the cause (genetics, etc.), stressors (for Ksatofsna that means unhealthy behavior and negative thought patterns) are thought to be the leading cause of chemical imbalances.

I am sorry if that if what I posted was above fish fan's head. I worked for over a year with people that are truly experts in the field of anxiety and depression. I had to go to Canada to find them however they did more for me than any therapist, doctor, or psychiatrist ever could because I am 100% cured from that disorder (and I was real bad). One thing I did learn was just how clueless so many of those other "experts" are about this disorder. Most are just trained in pushing pills and that is all they know. I can't tell you how many people I went to looking for help and answers.

The people I worked with honestly feel that what I mentioned is 100% the cause. They say there is no evidence at all that genetics play a role, it's more environmental which means parents can still pass it on to their kids because kids tend to mock their parents behavior. Despite that I personally think that there could exist a gene that causes people to have the tendency to be worriers or over react to things. If that is the case genetics would play a role however one could still learn not to be those things even if they have the tendency.

"Big pharma" is big business and they want us all to believe that we need pills for everything. Sorry if someone is offended by that term but it is what it is. Take for example "fibromyalgia". When I first started working with my therapist in Canada she told me that there are many "diseases" that get thrown into the autoimmune category (because there is no scientific cause) yet many of them aren't diseases at all. They are merely symptoms of the body's breakdown from overstress and negative thinking. She mentioned fibro as one of those. I thought about that, then thought about everyone I have known that has been diagnosed with fibro (my mom being one). Everyone I knew including my mom have had issues with negative thinking or over reacting (my mom blows everything out of proportion).

About a year ago the doctor that "discovered" and named fibromyalgia came out and said he regretted making this is disease because he is now convinced it is the body's reaction to over stress and negative thinking. He said there was no physical evidence of anything else in their years of studies. He also said that in studies the people that were told they were merely having symptoms of over stress, etc and didn't have a disease eventually got better. However the ones that were told they had an autoimmune disease called fibromyalgia tend to not get better. He said he felt he did a lot of people a big misservice because by making people believe they have a disease keeps them sick.

However the pharma companies were making a drug to treat fibro. They came out countering that doctor's report trying to convince people that they truly have a disease and need their drug. There is now a TV commercial running in the States saying that very thing. I get sick everytime I see it because it is just a big lie.

I had all those symptoms. My wife had every symptom of "fibro" when her mom died. If she would have went to a doctor I am convinced they would have diagnosed her with that and gave her pills. However we knew what the cause was and she has gotten better over time as she has learned to deal with stress from the loss of her mom.

Señor Stan
09-11-2008, 04:45 PM
You can always take my advice in any stressful situation....

TIJUANA!!!!!!

Sincerly,

Barrett Robbins

Texan_Bill
09-11-2008, 05:00 PM
I relieve stress with a little competitive wagering and sport fighting.

Signed,
Mike Vick

Señor Stan
09-11-2008, 05:03 PM
A little blow always helped me out in a stressful spot...

Sincerely,

Lawrence Taylor

Señor Stan
09-11-2008, 05:03 PM
A little blow always helped me out in a stressful spot...

Sincerely,

Lawrence Taylor

Hey, me too!

Regards,

Eugene Robinson

Texan_Bill
09-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Hey, me too!

Regards,

Eugene Robinson

I was the original sideline coke monster, so don't forget about me!!

Respectfully,
Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson

Texan_Bill
09-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Ha!! I saw this on TitansOnline message board...

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p225/clinttaurus06/vymama2.jpg

VY + Mother seen in public..... (http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38692)

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38692

Hookem Horns
09-11-2008, 05:30 PM

VY + Mother seen in public..... (http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38692)

Now THAT is a stress reliever. LOL, that is a RIOT!

Txn_in_Oki
09-11-2008, 07:08 PM

:spit:

Thanks. Now my side hurts.

GuerillaBlack
09-13-2008, 10:20 AM
I was the original sideline coke monster, so don't forget about me!!

Respectfully,
Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson

Cause This Is Thriller, Thriller Night
And No One's Gonna Save You From The Beast About
Strike
You Know It's Thriller, Thriller Night
You're Fighting For Your Life Inside A Killer, Thriller
Tonight

Signed,
David Carr

gtexan02
09-15-2008, 08:45 AM
About a year ago the doctor that "discovered" and named fibromyalgia came out and said he regretted making this is disease because he is now convinced it is the body's reaction to over stress and negative thinking. He said there was no physical evidence of anything else in their years of studies. He also said that in studies the people that were told they were merely having symptoms of over stress, etc and didn't have a disease eventually got better. However the ones that were told they had an autoimmune disease called fibromyalgia tend to not get better. He said he felt he did a lot of people a big misservice because by making people believe they have a disease keeps them sick.

I don't think this is 100% big pharma's fault. I agree with you in part, but I also feel there is a certain psycho-social aspect to the problem that is being left out. When people go to a doctor, and they tell them that they hurt physically, that they have no energy, and that they feel sick all the time, it is not socially acceptable for a doctor to tell them "Its all in your head"

For whatever reason, the medical industry is both expected to treat everyone of every disease, while maintaining a friendly bedside manner. When people go in with symptoms and the cause can't be found, people get angry. They want treatment. People are lazy, and they would rather take a pill and move on then take the time to look further.

Regardless of the true cause (whether its genetic or environmental), anti-depression and anxiety medications work. Whether there is truly a "chemical imbalance" or not, these drugs DO work. As a result, people would rather resort to the drugs then the alternatives. The doctors prescribe them because its what their patients want. If they didn't, their patients would go elsewhere. Its a 2 way street

gtexan02
09-15-2008, 08:53 AM

Here is where I do disagree with you. I've read the papers. I know the clinical results, and I know that treating depression and anxiety with medication works. I also know that the creators of the drugs aren't 100% sure how it works, only that it does. I've also taken the drugs. I didn't like the side effects, so I stopped. I've been on anti-anxiety medication and I've been without. I can tell you that they worked for me. It could have been placebo, but I don't think it was. Im prone to panic attacks, and while on the SSRIs, I was lucky enough to avoid having any. Since being off, I haven't been so lucky.

I won't disagree with the fact that negative thinking and anxiety breed more of the same. I don't know if my "chemical imbalance" is somehow a cognitive based state or if its genetic. But I do know that by messing with my chemical balance, my symptoms improved.

I think a big deal with all this accountability. People don't like to hear that bad things are their fault. Its much easier for a person to accept a genetic cause than a self-inflicted cause. As a result, genetic theories often get accepted much faster

Wolf
09-15-2008, 09:04 AM
I always wondered if the medicine was like sugar pills (for say), where it was an imaginary "crutch" to help someone get over their thought patterns

a few years ago I took effexor, but it made me restless so I quit taking it.and about a year ago I took paxil and actually talked to a therapist also this time , but what he recommended was some relaxation books and work on going out doing stuff... I remember after a few visits, he said," I don't see anything wrong with you, you seem normal and relaxed." but I have my moments.

Certain situations, my mind kicks into sensory overload and I analyze things to death

gtexan02
09-15-2008, 09:53 AM
I always wondered if the medicine was like sugar pills (for say), where it was an imaginary "crutch" to help someone get over their thought patterns

They do trials, and in order for a drug to be approved by the FDA, it has to prove significantly more effective than placebo. Sometimes these results are a little questionable, because with a large enough population, "significance" is sometimes not very significant. However, with the majority of the SSRIs, the results were pretty real.

a few years ago I took effexor, but it made me restless so I quit taking it.and about a year ago I took paxil and actually talked to a therapist also this time , but what he recommended was some relaxation books and work on going out doing stuff... I remember after a few visits, he said," I don't see anything wrong with you, you seem normal and relaxed." but I have my moments.

Certain situations, my mind kicks into sensory overload and I analyze things to death

I am the same way. I appear normal to the majority of people, but I way overanalyze, and when I get into a paniced state of mind, I basically become incapacitated (if only for a short while). If I wasn't forced to speak in public so often, it would be much easier. But when you are giving a lecture to other scientists, or even worse, to undergrads, panicking and leaving is not usually a good thing :)

Hookem Horns
09-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Sure many of those meds do "work" however they are not a cure. Anti-anxiety meds work by artificially surpressing the nervous system. Basically the physical and mental sensations/effects one feels when they have an anxiety disorder is caused by an overstimulated central nervous system. When the CNS gets "out of whack" all sorts of sensations (both physical and mental) start kicking in because it controls all feelings both mental and physical.

The CNS gets that way due to the habit of overstress, overworrying, negative thinking, etc. Once that happens more stress, worry, fear, and negative thinking is added because the person starts freaking out over how he is feeling due to CNS overstimulation. That becomes an endless vicious cycle because anxiety just keeps feeding itself.

The only real way to fix the problem is to first teach the person what is biologically going on in their body so they stop fearing and worrying about how they are feeling. Then you have to figure out what stressors or bad habits in life caused them to get that way in the first place and address those.

Meds will artificially supress the nervous system and one might stop the stress, worry, fear, negative thinking cycle just because he is feeling better due to the meds. However remove the meds and most eventually go back to square one and end up having to deal with this issue for a lifetime because they never addressed the cause. This is why so many people go on and off those meds and a large percentage never come off.

Another thing is a lot of those meds are dangerous. I have had 3 friends commit suicide on anti-depressant meds. When I was at my worst I had those thoughts and who knows if I wouldn't have been pushed over the edge if I was medicated with the wrong thing.

I am living proof and a walking billboard that you don't need medication to overcome this issue. Sure, it was a lot of work and as you mentioned most people want the "quick fix" however the truth is there is no "quick fix" with this problem. They are only putting a bandaid on a gaping wound.

If you want a good read about this disorder go to www.anxietycentre.com. They charge a small fee to join the site and get all the information however it's priceless information if you or someone you know is dealing with or ever dealt with this problem.

gtexan02
09-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Because anxiety or depression is not a disease, you can't really "cure it" All you can do is treat the symptoms, and so yes, you are right in that the majority of people who go on anti-anxiety or anti-depression medicines do so for the forseeable future.

The problem with treating the root cause of anxiety or depression (fixing the underlying issues) is that its not always possible. Psycho-therapy, as you've described, is very time consuming, not to mention expensive. And receiving mental counseling is not 100% effective either. It takes a special kind of eprson, especially someone who is very receptive, to really benefit from that. And as there are many psychiatrists and doctors who just want to push medication, there are an equal number of poorly trained psychologists who want to force their strange textbook theories onto you.

The end result, if done correctly, is absolutely better in that it "cures" the problem rather than treats it, however I still think that the medications provide a much needed alternative for those unable or unwilling

As for the dangers of taking anti-depressents, this is something you are dead right on. Unfortunately, they can have differing effects on some people. Its often difficult to distinguish whether it was the drug or the person, but this is a well-known side effect that physicians should fully educate their patients and their friends and family to. As with all drugs, side effects are always a possibility. The decision between the benefits of the drug and the risks of the side effect should always be an important restriction

Hookem Horns
09-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Because anxiety or depression is not a disease, you can't really "cure it" All you can do is treat the symptoms, and so yes, you are right in that the majority of people who go on anti-anxiety or anti-depression medicines do so for the forseeable future.

The problem with treating the root cause of anxiety or depression (fixing the underlying issues) is that its not always possible. Psycho-therapy, as you've described, is very time consuming, not to mention expensive. And receiving mental counseling is not 100% effective either. It takes a special kind of eprson, especially someone who is very receptive, to really benefit from that. And as there are many psychiatrists and doctors who just want to push medication, there are an equal number of poorly trained psychologists who want to force their strange textbook theories onto you.

The end result, if done correctly, is absolutely better in that it "cures" the problem rather than treats it, however I still think that the medications provide a much needed alternative for those unable or unwilling

As for the dangers of taking anti-depressents, this is something you are dead right on. Unfortunately, they can have differing effects on some people. Its often difficult to distinguish whether it was the drug or the person, but this is a well-known side effect that physicians should fully educate their patients and their friends and family to. As with all drugs, side effects are always a possibility. The decision between the benefits of the drug and the risks of the side effect should always be an important restriction

I agree with you in some ways here. You're right it's not a disease, it's a condition. However it's a condition that can be eliminated if cure is not the right word to use.

Unfortunately you are right that counseling is not always effective because most counselors have no clue how to accurately treat the problem (I learned that the hard way) and the other issue is a lot of people aren't willing to go through the process. I was more than willing because I was in living hell and didn't want medications regulating my feelings for the rest of my life. My mom has been living that life for as long as I can remember and it is not for me.

Counseling can be expensive however I was fortunate. I worked with those Anxiety Centre counselors out of Canada and it cost me around $50 a session (less than half of what most locally were charging). I worked with them roughly every week for the first few months and then backed it down to fewer sessions. The whole process was less than a year and now I have a lifetime of not having to deal with this ever again. Those guys saved my life, there is NO question about that and I will always promote them when this subject comes up.

gtexan02
09-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Congratulations on getting through everything. Like I said earlier, I too was not content to remain on medication, and while I have everything "in check" Im definiately not in the place you have made it to.

One thing I've noticed over the past few months in discussing things with you is that you seem to have a distaste for the medical/pharmaceutical industries in the US.

I just wanted to point out that not all research is being done for profit. As a scientist myself, I can attest to the fact that many of us are in it for pure reasons. I work in academia, so the profit incentive isn't really there.

The reason pharmaceutical companies push their drugs so hard is because it is so expensive to get through the testing phases here in the US. They may make a bunch of money when a drug is successful, but they have to do that in order to comopensate for the other drugs that are still expensive to develop but never see the shelves. Its not a perfect system, but it does result in the US having the most advanced drug development with the most safety precautions in the world

The sad thing is, if a member of academia were to discover something really amazing. A potentially life saving cure to something like cancer, they would have to patent it just to get the money upfront to take it through testing. With the government constantly pulling the purse strings tighter when it comes to life sciences, and without donations from private institutions, money has to come from somewhere. And people don't lend money without expecting to get more back eventually

Wolf
09-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Has there been any word about VY..as far as maybe seeing therapists or anything for whatever it is beside interceptionitis or red zone anxiety?

on a serious note (And I do try to through some lame jokes in the rivalry section)

anything about him really seeing a doctor to get his head on right? any reports out of Nashville?