PDA

View Full Version : 30 Years Ago This Season ...

Hookem Horns
09-10-2008, 08:02 AM
The Luv Ya Blue era started. Earl Campbell was a rookie and the Oilers would finally make a name for themselves nationwide by making it to the AFC Championship game.

For me personally it was when I became a fan of the Oilers and the NFL. My family had just moved to Houston from Austin and I had my first exposure to the Oilers. I always liked to say we followed Earl to Houston.

It's hard to believe it has been 30 years.

Tedc
09-10-2008, 08:09 AM
The Luv Ya Blue era started. Earl Campbell was a rookie and the Oilers would finally make a name for themselves nationwide by making it to the AFC Championship game.

For me personally it was when I became a fan of the Oilers and the NFL. My family had just moved to Houston from Austin and I had my first exposure to the Oilers. I always liked to say we followed Earl to Houston.

It's hard to believe it has been 30 years.

I was there with you but I had suffered some pretty bad years up til then.

SheTexan
09-10-2008, 08:25 AM
I was there with you but I had suffered some pretty bad years up til then.

Me too! Great memories of a fantastic time in history!! LUV YA BLUE!! BUT, ya know what!!? I STILL LOVE YA BLUE!! It's just a darker, STEEL blue, but it brings to my life the same things the Oilers did back in the day. Hope, optimism, joy, friendships, excitement; coupled with pain, disappointment, heartache, frustration. BUT, after all is said and done, I was honored and proud to be an OILER fan, and I feel the same way about our TEXANS!! Such is life with a diehard football fan!! You take the bad with the good and just keep on believing!!!:shetexan: