PDA

View Full Version : Helmet changes?

DerekLee1
09-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Is there something different about the helmets or the straps this year? In the first week of the season - 5 games watched - I've seen helmets pop off of heads during play more than ALL of last season. I think I've seen one a game. And last night the same dude lost his helmet TWICE. What's up with that? Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this?

WWJD
09-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Is there something different about the helmets or the straps this year? In the first week of the season - 5 games watched - I've seen helmets pop off of heads during play more than ALL of last season. I think I've seen one a game. And last night the same dude lost his helmet TWICE. What's up with that? Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this?

Troy Aikman made mention of it..said when he played his helmet was so tight he had trouble getting it off so he didn't understand them flying off like that. That same Browns player kept losing his. I would suspect he needed to use a stronger strap or something dumb like that....they have equipment guys on the sidelines that can fix anything!

kastofsna
09-08-2008, 09:57 PM
they've gone to maple helmets this year

bah007
09-09-2008, 10:21 AM
The reason that guy on the Browns kept losing his hat is because he was only snapping two of the four straps.

For some unkown reason, it has become "cool" over the last few years to only tighten the front two straps & leave the back two hanging.