PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings.

forcefollow
09-08-2008, 07:37 PM
After week one who is the worst team in the NFL? My vote is the Bengals. I would put Houston in the bottom 5 easy. Detroit and St Louis suck also. Who else bottom feeds with Houston?

Thorn
09-08-2008, 08:07 PM
houston won't be below 25 is my guess. But hey, who cares anyway. Those rankings don't mean squat.

Errant Hothy
09-08-2008, 08:12 PM
If we are higher then 28 ill be amazed.

But then again I hate power rankings

Thorn
09-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Generally it takes a few weeks to make it to the bottom, which the Texans still might do, but our initial pre-season ratings had us anywhere from 15 to 23, most of them in the 17 to 20 range. I figure we will drop to somewhere around the mid-20s, then rebound a bit after we beat Baltimore.

TexansSeminole
09-08-2008, 08:22 PM
St. Louis is by far the worst team I saw play. They looked completly inept in every phase of the game.

If you were going by first week, I would say we would drop down significantly. Preseason most people had us predicted in the top part of the middle of the pack. Last week's performance must have made us drop down to the lower part of the middle of the pack, perhaps lower.

ChrisG
09-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Seattle will be at the bottom

anyone see that crap they called football?

how do u not cover a huge lineman way out to the left on a FG, not to mention dropping the ball everyother pass

YellerLotYeller
09-08-2008, 08:47 PM
I'll say 27th with Seattle, SF, Miami, KC and STL behind us.

rmartin65
09-08-2008, 09:36 PM
I was watching the Bengals game during commercials, they looked UGLY. They will be low. Detroit wont be the worst, they had some offense at least. My vote goes to the Bengals at the bottom, with the Rams, Fish and Seattle (in order) before the Texans.

YellerLotYeller
09-08-2008, 11:30 PM
We need to add Oakland to the bottom-feeders list for sure.

Shaft75
09-08-2008, 11:41 PM
We need to add Oakland to the bottom-feeders list for sure.

I think they just now made it past the 50 yard line.....

......with 1:30 left in the 3rd quarter.

KEYE SUX
09-08-2008, 11:46 PM
What about the top teams? Pitt looked great (even though we would have made any team look better than they are) and unfortunately so did dallas. NE will def fall. So will IND and SD in the AFC

awtysst
09-09-2008, 12:00 AM
KC is the worst. Look what they did against NE when Brady went out. Nuff said.

TexansSeminole
09-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Here's my week 1 Power Rankings:

Pittsburgh Steelers
New York Giants
Dallas Cowboys
San Diego Chargers
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Philadelphia Eagles
New England Patriots
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints
Denver Broncos
New York Jets
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Cleveland Browns
Tennessee Titans
Seattle Seahawks
Arizona Cardinals
Buffalo Bills
Houston Texans
Carolina Panthers
Baltimore Ravens
Atlanta Falcons
Cincinnati Bengals
Detroit Lions
Miami Dolphins
Kansas City Chiefs
Washington Redskins
Oakland Raiders
San Francisco 49ers
St. Louis Rams

KEYE SUX
09-09-2008, 12:30 AM
I don't know about that. your 4-6 teams all lost and are way ahead of some of the teams that beat them.

TexansSeminole
09-09-2008, 12:38 AM
I don't know about that. your 4-6 teams all lost and are way ahead of some of the teams that beat them.

Chargers could have been better but they lost to a pretty miraculous play. I think they are a very good team.

Colts looked out of sync. I don't bet against Peyton. My guess is that he and his receivers will get back on track and that defense will always improve with Tony Dungy at the helm.

I know that the Titans beat the Jaguars but I am reading between the lines in that game and saying its one of those week 1 head scratchers. Fred Taylor and Jones Drew combine for only 14 carries and 31 yards. Even against the Titans defense that's out of the ordinary. Look for that to change BIG TIME next week against Buffalo. On the other side I think the Titans are a 8-8 type of team, especially now that VY is injured. VY aint the best QB but he's better than their alternatives IMO.

ChampionTexan
09-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Chargers could have been better but they lost to a pretty miraculous play. I think they are a very good team.

Colts looked out of sync. I don't bet against Peyton. My guess is that he and his receivers will get back on track and that defense will always improve with Tony Dungy at the helm.

I know that the Titans beat the Jaguars but I am reading between the lines in that game and saying its one of those week 1 head scratchers. Fred Taylor and Jones Drew combine for only 14 carries and 31 yards. Even against the Titans defense that's out of the ordinary. Look for that to change BIG TIME next week against Buffalo. On the other side I think the Titans are a 8-8 type of team, especially now that VY is injured. VY aint the best QB but he's better than their alternatives IMO.

I agree on San Diego and Indy, but Jacksonville lost two starting guards in the game against Tennessee. One for the year, the other possibly for the year. This was after losing their starting center for at least the first four weeks of the season during TC, and seeing their backup OLT (who was supposedly pushing for the starting job) wind up in the hospital in critical condition after being shot.

I don't know when/if things will get better for them, but they're missing 60% of their starting offensive line for at least another three weeks, and that's not a recipe to start off the season successfully. Throw in the fact that Jerry Porter was inactive on Sunday recovering from hamstring surgery, and even with him, it's a stretch to say that they have any good receivers on their team. The Defense will have to win some games for them, and while they're good, they weren't good enough to do it Sunday - even with VY QBing the Tacks.