PDA

View Full Version : Titans QB Vince Young In Crotches After Knee Injury

brakos82
09-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Vince Young was in crotches Sunday after spraining his left knee late in the Titans’ 17-10 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher said his quarterback will have tests to determine the severity of the injury. Fisher said Young’s knee eased up after the game and the coach doesn’t think the injury is serious.

Source: Associated Press (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-titans-young&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Silver Oak
09-07-2008, 05:02 PM
old vagina injury flare up again?

The Dream
09-07-2008, 05:03 PM
good to hear that it isn't serious....

TexansSeminole
09-07-2008, 05:05 PM

Agreed. I don't wish bad on VY. But I don't think he is a good QB.

FirstTexansFan
09-07-2008, 05:07 PM

Rep coming your way ROFL crotches? LOL

The Dream
09-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Agreed. I don't wish bad on VY. But I don't think he is a good QB.

he's still making a lot of mistakes, but I'm worried about him pouting after he makes the mistakes.............you have to have a short memory if you're going to be a good QB.........

TexansLucky13
09-07-2008, 05:16 PM
In crotches.... classic

SheTexan
09-07-2008, 05:59 PM
In crotches.... classic

LMAO!! I saw the title of this thread and about fell off my chair! THANKS for the laugh brako's!!

RTP2110
09-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Tack fans losing patience on another board I visit....

Whether or not VY is injured, they should start Collins next week. I'm really get tired of VY's attitude. After the 2nd INT, he was walking off and it looked like Haynesworth said, "no worries man, we'll take care of it." And VY just kind of waved him off. Punk. He didn't even watch Collins lead the Titans down the field for that last score... just sat on the end of the bench pouting. Wouldn't even look at the coaches when they tried to talk to him. It's time to grow up Vince.

When we got the ball back, after he had been there hanging his head with Dinger in his ear and several teammates pep-talking him, the entire offense ran back out onto the field. Vince never moved. He looked up once, saw the offense out there, and never even acted like he was going to get up. I even bumped my buddy next to me and told him to watch Vince because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Collins also saw it and that's when Collins grabbed Hentrich and started warming up. Collins did this completely on his own because it was obvious Vince had no intention of going back into the game. When Fisher saw Collins warming up, he immediately turned around and yelled at Vince. Vince finally stood up, without his helmet, pointed at Collins, and told Fisher "He's got it." He may not have said that exactly, because I couldn't hear him, but it sure looked like that's what he said. Fisher then pointed out at the field and yelled something at him...Fisher's back was to me so I couldn't see what he said. Vince then grabbed his helmet and finally trotted back out there. Three plays later he hurts his knee. He did not want to go back out there and attempted to take himself out of the game. Fisher was obviously not going to let him do it.

kastofsna
09-07-2008, 06:51 PM
would be the best thing to happen for the titans

Goldensilence
09-07-2008, 06:56 PM

I hope it isn't... they are more dangerous without him starting. Please heal ASAP Vince!

Blazing Arrow
09-07-2008, 07:25 PM
He gets a couple more games. I think if he can play against Cinci it could be good for his confindence but come on. Today was pathetic. Johnson had more yards then Vince. You gotta be kidding me!

Specnatz
09-07-2008, 07:32 PM
He gets a couple more games. I think if he can play against Cinci it could be good for his confindence but come on. Today was pathetic. Johnson had more yards then Vince. You gotta be kidding me!

Typical game for VY.

Blazing Arrow
09-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Typical game for VY.

Less the running ... without that I might as well be back their.

False Start
09-07-2008, 07:35 PM
I don't know when this pic was taken,but it looks like VY needs some more of this kind of support right now.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/vycy.jpg

I just hope he recovers,his HOF chances are slowly slipping away. :crying::goodnight

Hervoyel
09-07-2008, 08:38 PM

Nothing a few sausages won't help.

Blazing Arrow
09-07-2008, 08:44 PM
The only reason the Texans are not last in division at this point is the Jags suck. :wild:

Hervoyel
09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
The only reason the Texans are not last in division at this point is the Jags suck. :wild:

Our pet troll is so cute when he's trying to be annoying isn't he?

Remember, the only reason you're still here is because you amuse us.

TexansLucky13
09-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Our pet troll is so cute when he's trying to be annoying isn't he?

Remember, the only reason you're still here is because you amuse us.

:rofl:

Can I feed it? Please please!!

Señor Stan
09-07-2008, 08:54 PM
I don't think Vince Young's knee injury is serious,

Sincerely,

Roger Clemens' hamstring

Señor Stan
09-07-2008, 08:55 PM
:rofl:

Can I feed it? Please please!!

Just don't feed him after midnight.

And especially important: don't get any water on him.

Hervoyel
09-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Just don't feed him after midnight.

And especially important: don't get any water on him.

Blazing Gizmo?

Second Honeymoon
09-07-2008, 09:05 PM
thread translation: my texans suck and my peepee hurts. let me make a stupid joke about VY and sausage. VY sausage. haha. how funny. now I can forget about how embarassing my own team's performance was from top to bottom.

Specnatz
09-07-2008, 09:05 PM
I don't think Vince Young's knee injury is serious,

Sincerely,

Roger Clemens' hamstring

Carr's throwing motion is not that bad

Signed,

VY

RTP2110
09-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Here's more....

You know as an avid supporter, I have to agree with critics on this one. Vince is a Mental Midget and he cant handle the NFL Mentally. It really bothers me that I see this from the house and these guys are putting the "C" on his chest. he doesnt deserve it, nor any credit for the win. Let him ride the pine an send him back to Houston when the season is over cause he makes me sick just looking at him pouting and being a little girl.

you know it bothers me that during the game they show VY sittin on the bench and there are soldiers standing behind him. This guy getts paid mega millions to play this game and hes running around pouting, congratulating the othr team more that his own team, and not making plays. Those soldiers in some ways are "below" vince young in the social order, this make me want to slap the taste out of his mouth even more. what has he done? He talks like english is his second language, he didnt graduate college, he has done nothing in the NFL, yeah he won the Nat'l Championship but beyond that? wtf, why does he get the pass, the rest of us would be riding pine or fired if we put forth that showing. I'm sick of it.

GuerillaBlack
09-07-2008, 09:07 PM
I don't know when this pic was taken,but it looks like VY needs some more of this kind of support right now.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/vycy.jpg

I just hope he recovers,his HOF chances are slowly slipping away. :crying::goodnight

Was this when he lost to the Patriots, and ultimately couldn't get into the playoffs as a wildcard? If so, I feel for him here.

Specnatz
09-07-2008, 09:14 PM
thread translation: my texans suck and my peepee hurts. let me make a stupid joke about VY and sausage. VY sausage. haha. how funny. now I can forget about how embarassing my own team's performance was from top to bottom.

Are you upset? :spit:

Yes MY TEAM lost and YOURS in NASHVILLE won, whats your point?

Second Honeymoon
09-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Are you upset? :spit:

YES MY TEAM lost and YOURS in NASHVILLE won, whats your point?

yes, im quite upset....but what would you know? your more happy laughing at players whose team won than discussing or acknowledging how embarassing the Texans looked.

im just an honest Texans fan...we suck...period...I am sorry I am not a myopian stat boy with some sort of axe to grind re: Vince. You can just fall in lock step with the rest of the sheeple

RTP2110
09-07-2008, 09:21 PM
your more happy laughing at players whose team won than discussing or acknowledging how embarassing the Texans looked.

This is the rivalry talk forum, correct?

Specnatz
09-07-2008, 09:31 PM
yes, im quite upset....but what would you know? your more happy laughing at players whose team won than discussing or acknowledging how embarassing the Texans looked.

im just an honest Texans fan...we suck...period...I am sorry I am not a myopian stat boy with some sort of axe to grind re: Vince. You can just fall in lock step with the rest of the sheeple

Keep calling me a statboy all you want because I do not buy into the whole tsip BS of he just wins. Chicago went to the SuperBowl with a crappy QB a qb that is equal to or greater than tsip's darling favorite sausage. Your little boy sucks more than sausage, but has a great D pushing his behind.

bah007
09-07-2008, 09:35 PM

Dude.....I am the biggest UT fan there is....but take off the colored glasses already.

He doesn't play there anymore.

TEXANRED
09-07-2008, 09:36 PM

Other translation:

I love Texas football more than Texans football.

I love VY.

I have a tattoo of VY on my left buttock.

I hope he makes me a rose tattoo.

VY and I are meant to be together.

RTP2110
09-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Vince Young was in crotches Sunday after spraining his left knee late in the Titans’ 17-10 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher said his quarterback will have tests to determine the severity of the injury. Fisher said Young’s knee eased up after the game and the coach doesn’t think the injury is serious.

Source: Associated Press (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-titans-young&prov=ap&type=lgns)

More to the story.....

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080907/COLUMNIST0202/80907012

Honoring Earl 34
09-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Though a partially torn MCL reportedly will keep Titans quarterback Vince Young off the field for the next two-to-four weeks, an incident that occurred not long before the injury could be the thing that truncates his career in Tennessee.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/07/beginning-of-the-end-for-young/

Specnatz
09-07-2008, 10:02 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/07/beginning-of-the-end-for-young/

HAHA

:spit:

Mr teX
09-07-2008, 10:19 PM
sounds to me he's lost all confidence, & that stuff is hard to get back in this game...

RTP2110
09-07-2008, 10:25 PM
The theory is, after the 2nd pick, Vince kicked up a stink, throwing his helmet off. Then the Titans D proceeded to force a 3 and out, but Vince wasn't ready to go back in, not until Fisher came over and exchanged some "animated" words.

Fisher's version suggests Vince came out after the 2nd INT and said his hammy, which *was* listed before the game as an injury, wasn't up to scratch. Fisher then says he simply went over to Vince and "convinced" him to come back in. He then proceeded to injure his knee.

I'm not sure what to believe, but Fisher's story doesn't really add up to me. It seems odd you'd go over and convince your QB to go back in and he does without any real sign of a hammy injury which took him out. Vince ran a roll out on the play he really got hurt and didn't look to be restricted by his hamstring, at least not enough to come out of the game. One might argue Fisher is trying to cover up a serious violation by Vince.

It doesn't look good for Vince either way. He either came out too quickly over nothing showing poor toughness, or he had a full blown hissy fit. Some Titans "insiders" are coming out now and saying Dinger told him angrily he might put Collins in instead due to his 2nd INT, to which Vince replied equally as angrily "Go on then". This is pure speculation though and somewhat unlikely IMO given Dinger's preaching of patience with Vince, but then he *does* have a pretty short temper.

texasguy346
09-07-2008, 10:31 PM
It is a bad situation for VY if this is true. I can't imagine it will be good for team chemistry if your starting QB tries to take himself out of the game. Conversely if VY really did take himself out of the game due to his hammy & then Fisher made him go back in only to get a more severe injury then that can't help the relationship between the QB and the head coach.

Blazing Arrow
09-07-2008, 10:36 PM
It is a bad situation for VY if this is true. I can't imagine it will be good for team chemistry if your starting QB tries to take himself out of the game. Conversely if VY really did take himself out of the game due to his hammy & then Fisher made him go back in only to get a more severe injury then that can't help the relationship between the QB and the head coach.

I do not think it is the first time. He needs to get his head right or sit behind the drunk. Either way we are top the of the AFC South if at least for a week.

Koolaid Time
09-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Though a partially torn MCL reportedly will keep Titans quarterback Vince Young off the field for the next two-to-four weeks, an incident that occurred not long before the injury could be the thing that truncates his career in Tennessee.

At least Brady has Gisele to take care of him and his injured knee.

Who does Vince have to take care of him?

RuPaul??

Specnatz
09-07-2008, 11:08 PM
At least Brady has Gisele to take care of him and his injured knee.

Who does Vince have to take care of him?

RuPaul??

And Boom Goes the Dynamite!! :kingkong:

Hervoyel
09-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Authorities catch suspect in spice rub, sausage attack

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/bizarre/5988842.html

Unfortunately this is not about Vince Young even though it would be impossible to tell otherwise with that headline.

Specnatz
09-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Authorities catch suspect in spice rub, sausage attack

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/bizarre/5988842.html

Unfortunately this is not about Vince Young even though it would be impossible to tell otherwise with that headline.

:spit:

I had to leave a comment.

Neither Richard Justice or Vince Young could be reached for comment on how they feel about the treatment of the sausage.

YellerLotYeller
09-07-2008, 11:57 PM
If he has a falling out with the Titans I would love to see him on the Texans. I think I saw a couple holes on special teams he could fill.

Texans_Chick
09-08-2008, 12:16 AM
My version.

Vince Young Unwilling to Go on Field, Then Gets Knee Injury (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/09/08/vince-young-unwilling-to-go-on-field-then-gets-knee-injury/)

It includes the picture I took last year of Young at the Texans game standing to the side of his team for pretty much the whole game. I thought it was peculiar at the time.

eriadoc
09-08-2008, 12:43 AM
If he has a falling out with the Titans I would love to see him on the Texans. I think I saw a couple holes on special teams he could fill.

We don't need football players with the heart of considerably less than a champion. We already have several without the accoutrement of champions, but at least they have heart.

eriadoc
09-08-2008, 01:05 AM
• Tennessee Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz. Will someone give this guy a head coaching job already? After his defense – not Vince Young – propelled the Titans to the playoffs last season, Schwartz’s unit started the season by holding Jacksonville to 189 yards along with seven sacks and two interceptions. The Titans won in spite of Young, who threw for 110 yards, two interceptions and one touchdown. Just think what this team could accomplish with a consistent passer.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgDRlz6jb5DF_BEPtYARY73.uLYF?slug=cr-winnerandlosers090708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Collins, as a journeyman, makes the Tacks a better team, so this is not good for the Texans.

Koolaid Time
09-08-2008, 03:39 AM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgDRlz6jb5DF_BEPtYARY73.uLYF?slug=cr-winnerandlosers090708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Collins, as a journeyman, makes the Tacks a better team, so this is not good for the Texans.

Did Collins finally sober up?

Dan B.
09-08-2008, 04:25 AM
Kuharsky took Young to the woodshed in his column (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth). I think it's fair to say he's not a homer like ESPN's biggest blogger. He basically says Vince is acting like an infant and that Fisher is making the msitake of treating his star QB like an adult.

But in a broader sense, the issue is Young's ability to work his way through situations where he is upset -- with himself, with his coach, with his team, and yes, even with booing fans.

As a rookie, Young held it against Fisher when the coach stuck to the team rules and had a team flight to Philadelphia leave without the quarterback when he was late for the flight.

He misplaced the anger from that situation, declining to admit he was, in fact, at fault.

And today, somehow, the bad interception to rookie defensive lineman Derrick Harvey and the cascading boos that followed it, those seemed like someone else's fault too.

Give Young credit, he's got an amazing ability to externalize. His mentor and predecessor as Titans quarterback, Steve McNair, took the blame for everything. (Unfortunately, their tenure with the Titans did not overlap.) Young is completely the opposite, and rarely, without major prodding, utters "my bad."

The Titans' way is to build a cocoon around their guy. They believe they must always have his back all the way, never revealing so much as slight doubt publicly. The system worked well with McNair because he was so incredibly hard on himself. But when the quarterback carries himself as Young has -- without even a small dose of self-criticism, with a constant defensive tone, or, like today, without a comment at all -- it's not such an attractive package.

Fisher insisted there is nothing controversial here at all.

But just saying so doesn't make it so. Only so much can be swept under the rug until a speed bump forms. Imagine another player declining to go back on the field after a bad series.

Young has accountability issues that are overdue to be resolved. And to this point the Titans' delicate handling of him sure doesn't look like it's helping him sort things out.

Seriously if I were Vince I don't know that i could show my face on the streets of Nashville right now. The best thing he could probably do would be to just sleep in Fisher's office and eat delivery -- maybe he'll learn through osmosis.

Wolf
09-08-2008, 06:04 AM
but he has InT

:sarcasm:

Texan_Bill
09-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Titans QB Vince Young In Crotches After Knee Injury

First sausage parties, now 'In Crotches'

:dontknowa

hobie
09-08-2008, 08:37 AM
First sausage parties, now 'In Crotches'

:dontknowa

Don't those go "hand in hand"..???

Texan_Bill
09-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Don't those go "hand in hand"..???

"hand in crotches?"

Second Honeymoon
09-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Keep calling me a statboy all you want because I do not buy into the whole tsip BS of he just wins. Chicago went to the SuperBowl with a crappy QB a qb that is equal to or greater than tsip's darling favorite sausage. Your little boy sucks more than sausage, but has a great D pushing his behind.

if anyone would know about sucking sausage, it would be you Spec. I am sure when you suck it real good you get a surprise too.

just go back to your stats and your newspaper while other people are caring about what matters, winning. but of course winning means nothing to you. winning defeats your whole argument and is against everything that you believe in....statboy.

go kiss your Kubiak blowup doll good night and make everything 'all better' for him

DiehardChris
09-08-2008, 09:28 AM
This is without a doubt the best subject line I've ever seen on a message board. BUAHAHAHA.

Texan_Bill
09-08-2008, 09:46 AM

Comparing Rex Grossman to Sausage Boi, is an insult to Rex Grossman...

The Dream
09-08-2008, 09:55 AM
the biggest problem in all this, is the titans coaching staff trying to make Vince something he's not. Seriously he's never been a drop back QB that kills you with his arm. They gave him so much more freedom his rookie year, and in turn the offense was better and he was a lot more fun to watch. They hardly ever even run plays that

A.) Get Vince outside the pocket
B.) Allow Vince to use his legs to move the chains

I'm tired of hearing the "running QBs get injured" excuse, because I think it's a load of crap. Most QBs that get injured, are ones who sit in the pocket and get smacked around. For every "running" QB that gets injured I can name you 5 prototypical QBs that get hurt.......................give him some freedom fisher.

As far as his attitude is concerned, he needs to work on it. If you make a mistake, you have to live with it and move on. He means too much to the titans to sit and piss and moan on the bench.

chicagotexan2
09-08-2008, 09:58 AM
the biggest problem in all this, is the titans coaching staff trying to make Vince something he's not. Seriously he's never been a drop back QB that kills you with his arm. They gave him so much more freedom his rookie year, and in turn the offense was better and he was a lot more fun to watch. They hardly ever even run plays that

I'm tired of hearing the "running QBs get injured" excuse, because I think it's a load of crap. Most QBs that get injured, are ones who sit in the pocket and get smacked around. For every "running" QB that gets injured I can name you 5 prototypical QBs that get hurt.......................give him some freedom fisher.

As far as his attitude is concerned, he needs to work on it. If you make a mistake, you have to live with it and move on. He means too much to the titans to sit and piss and moan on the bench.

Translation: VY isn't great at reading defenses and cannot be counted to win when he has to pass.

The Dream
09-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Translation: VY isn't great at reading defenses and cannot be counted to win when he has to pass.

I think he can win by passing, but you have to mix it up a little bit. He won many games with his arm his rookie season, but it was in part due to keeping the defense off balance with his ability to run.............I don't think him not being a prototypical QB is a bad thing at all if the Titans use him correctly.........

Hervoyel
09-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Being serious about Senior Sausage for a moment I think you take a guy like Vince Young and you let him do what he does. If he has a higher chance of getting hurt doing that (and I think he does, Dream you could name 5 "conventional" QB's who get hurt for every runner because they outnumber runners by a wide margin IMO) then that's just the chance you take. You're looking at the possibility of Young "burning bright" for less time if he gets injured or Young never reaching his potential and being very average for a longer time in an attempt to lengthen his years on the field. What good is that if he's playing at a low level?

Drafting him because of his success as an instinctive player who has a "ok to fairly good" arm that he gets a lot out of because he's got great wheels and then trying to make him something he's not defeats the purpose and makes the Titans look stupid. If they wanted a guy to sit in the pocket and throw passes they should have drafted Leinart and deep down inside I think that Fisher knows that.

But a weaker Titans team is a plus for us so I'm not complaining. I just think they're wasting what he could be trying to turn him into something he'll never be and that this is not helped by his overall immaturity. He's going through a frustrating time and is ill-equipped to deal with it.

hobie
09-08-2008, 10:13 AM
"hand in crotches?"

For Sausage boi it is....why just dance with them when you can actualy have a hand in the matter......

Texan_Bill
09-08-2008, 10:16 AM
For Sausage boi it is....why just dance with them when you can actualy have a hand in the matter......

:spit: ..... "can actualy have a hand in the matter...."

Tedc
09-08-2008, 10:16 AM

VY's biggest problem is his head. All he needs to do is be a quar-ter-back and he doesn't have to be very good at it. If he just does what the coaches tell him and not try to do things he is not good at (like throwing the ball) his defense will win him games.

VY, back away from the crotches, stop fantasizing about shirtless guys and sausages, and just play football....or quit....again.

Second Honeymoon
09-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Being serious about Senior Sausage for a moment I think you take a guy like Vince Young and you let him do what he does. If he has a higher chance of getting hurt doing that (and I think he does, Dream you could name 5 "conventional" QB's who get hurt for every runner because they outnumber runners by a wide margin IMO) then that's just the chance you take. You're looking at the possibility of Young "burning bright" for less time if he gets injured or Young never reaching his potential and being very average for a longer time in an attempt to lengthen his years on the field. What good is that if he's playing at a low level?

Drafting him because of his success as an instinctive player who has a "ok to fairly good" arm that he gets a lot out of because he's got great wheels and then trying to make him something he's not defeats the purpose and makes the Titans look stupid. If they wanted a guy to sit in the pocket and throw passes they should have drafted Leinart and deep down inside I think that Fisher knows that.

But a weaker Titans team is a plus for us so I'm not complaining. I just think they're wasting what he could be trying to turn him into something he'll never be and that this is not helped by his overall immaturity. He's going through a frustrating time and is ill-equipped to deal with it.

Thanks Herv for injecting some knowledge, perspective, and logic into this illogical thread. Props to you and may you have a great day.

I love your sig, too. Remember that RS came from the 'Glanville Coaching Tree'...not exactly the Bill Walsh tree or the Parcells tree, huh. That is about the first time I have ever heard the 'Glanville Coaching Tree'. We should have gone after Buddy's son from Oakland imho. Maybe Cowher could bring in a more capable replacement or even lure LeBeau from Steelerland.

Texan_Bill
09-08-2008, 10:27 AM
VY's biggest problem is his head.

VY, back away from the crotches, stop fantasizing about shirtless guys and sausages, and just play football....or quit....again.

VY: “I just keep trying to think, but it’s all twisted up. I’ve got a sausage in my head!”

Señor Stan
09-08-2008, 11:46 AM
"I am hoping it is not a 16-week thing, but at the end of the day we want to have the No. 1 defense in the league, so if we have to play 90 snaps to get that, that's what we're going to have to do,'' linebacker Keith Bulluck said. "No one is going to quit on this side of the ball."

Hmmm...seems the Titans Defense is calling out a certain player....

Bulluck implies that Young quit on his team (http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080908/SPORTS/809080314)

Vince Young puts the "IT" in "QUIT"

The Dream
09-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Hmmm...seems the Titans Defense is calling out a certain player....

Bulluck implies that Young quit on his team (http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080908/SPORTS/809080314)

Vince Young puts the "IT" in "QUIT"

you're stretching here. To me this means our QB is out so we have to step it up............

Hervoyel
09-08-2008, 12:23 PM
VY: “I just keep trying to think, but it’s all twisted up. I’ve got a sausage in my head!”

Oh I can't let that go.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/VYSausageInMyHead.gif

Texan_Bill
09-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Oh I can't let that go.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/VYSausageInMyHead.gif

I'd rep. you if I could.. That's awesome!!

texasguy346
09-08-2008, 12:27 PM

This is similar to the situation the Jags had when they were still running Leftwich out there as their starter. Garrard gave them a better chance to win, but Leftwich was the first round pick making more money so he had to be the starter. Once the Jags realized that Gary Coleman didn't deserve to be the starter they became a much better team. If the Titans ever realize that regarding VY then I have no doubt that they'll be an even better team for it.

Blazing Arrow
09-08-2008, 12:28 PM
No Young quit on Sunday. Did not even come back to the huddle and had to get pushed out on the field by the coaches. It I were a WR I am not sure I would want to try that hard for Young either.

Texan_Bill
09-08-2008, 12:29 PM
no young quit on sunday. Did not even come back to the huddle and had to get pushed out on the field by the coaches. It i were a wr i am not sure i would want to try that hard for young either.

ouch!!!

The Dream
09-08-2008, 12:37 PM
This is similar to the situation the Jags had when they were still running Leftwich out there as their starter. Garrard gave them a better chance to win, but Leftwich was the first round pick making more money so he had to be the starter.

I'm still failing to see how a guy who for his career has thrown more INTs than TDs is a better solution at QB than Vince. Oh how soon we forget how miserable the Titans were when Collins was their starter..................Kerry Collins is a good backup, but is not someone you want to run out there week after week.......

Brando
09-08-2008, 12:39 PM
you're stretching here. To me this means our QB is out so we have to step it up............

No Vince quit on his team yesterday, there is no denying that. I watched the game yesterday and his head wasn't in the game.

Vince Young tried to take himself out of Sunday's game before the play on which he tore his MCL, according to Nashville Tennessean columnist David Climer.
Four plays before his injury, Young failed to enter the huddle. He blamed it on hamstring tightness, but sought no treatment. "I came on the field and 10 wasn’t in," said C Kevin Mawae. "I didn’t know what the situation was." Climer says that coach Jeff Fisher "seemed to all but throw Young back onto the field." Fisher danced around the situation in his post-game presser.

LINK (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3602&line=122321&spln=1)

b0ng
09-08-2008, 12:39 PM
No Young quit on Sunday. Did not even come back to the huddle and had to get pushed out on the field by the coaches. It I were a WR I am not sure I would want to try that hard for Young either.

Quoting this for prosperity.

Tedc
09-08-2008, 12:42 PM

That (quitting) is not an easy thing to shake in this league. Players and coaches are like elephants when it comes to a player quitting and this is not the first time for VY.

Not even David Carr quit after getting his head bashed in for years and his numbers were better.

rmartin65
09-08-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm still failing to see how a guy who for his career has thrown more INTs than TDs is a better solution at QB than Vince. Oh how soon we forget how miserable the Titans were when Collins was their starter..................Kerry Collins is a good backup, but is not someone you want to run out there week after week.......

You realize that Young has more interceptions than Touchdowns right? In fact, Collins' TD-Int ratio is better than Young's.

The Dream
09-08-2008, 12:44 PM
No Vince quit on his team yesterday, there is no denying that.

says "sources"............teammates, coaches, etc. say he didn't..........he needs to stop pouting, but I'm not ready to believe that he "quit"

bah007
09-08-2008, 12:45 PM
You realize that Young has more interceptions than Touchdowns right? In fact, Collins' TD-Int ratio is better than Young's.

I think his point was closer to meaning that Collins has proven over a career that he is not a consistently good starting QB.

Young has only proved it over two years.

Young still has the potential to get a lot better. Collins does not.

Brando
09-08-2008, 12:48 PM

lol What is Vince's TD/INT ratio?

22td's 32int's

Hervoyel
09-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Quoting this for prosperity.

And "posterity" too.

Tedc
09-08-2008, 12:58 PM

22td's 32int's

He throws an interception for every 13.5 passes he attempts.

The Dream
09-08-2008, 01:00 PM

22td's 32int's

for a guy who just completed his first full season last season...........for a guy who has offensive schemes and coordinators changed every year.......for a guy who has crappy receivers who drop passes, and have little to no skill...........

I think his point was closer to meaning that Collins has proven over a career that he is not a consistently good starting QB.

exactly. I don't mind Collins as a backup, but no way in hell you succeed with him as your starter for 16 games......especially at this point in his career...........

Brando
09-08-2008, 01:09 PM
for a guy who just completed his first full season last season...........for a guy who has offensive schemes and coordinators changed every year.......for a guy who has crappy receivers who drop passes, and have little to no skill...........

You know what they say about excuses........Watch the Titans points per game go up if/when Vince is out 2-4 weeks.

Señor Stan
09-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Man, these VY homers are somthin', huh?

Sincerely,

Ibar Harry and Hulk75

powerfuldragon
09-08-2008, 01:29 PM
so... vy is in crotches... what are you going to tell me next, the berlin wall fell?

Mr teX
09-08-2008, 02:02 PM

it wasn't freedom in the since "here do what you need to do to win" but more of fisher understanding that he has a young qb struggling to learn an offense & giving him the leeway to basically make plays the best he could. McNabb, Young & Rothlisberger all basically came in the league doing the same things. Unlike vince though, they eventually caught on to what you have to do to be successful as a qb in the NFL; learn to pass the ball...consistently down field. Plus the league just hadn't figured out how to scheme him yet.

That only holds b/c the ratio of pocket passers to scrambling qb's is like 123232 to 1. Plus the best way to counteract getting hit is to get the ball out on time, fast & accurately (manning & brady anyone?) He hasn't been able to do that consistently for whatever reason. Running around with 250 - 290 LB's & d-linemen as fast as you isn't going to do anything but get him killed..... & killed faster in the long run.

He was able to get away with it at UT b/c he & his team were that much more athletically gifted than his counterparts. In the league...not so much. Mack Brown ultimately hurt him by letting "vince be vince" b/c he didn't continue to develop his mental game as a qb, & we've all heard the saying "the game is 90% mental & 10% physical". That's never more true than with the qb position.

I've said this for so long to many of my UT friends, but he was never destined to be a good qb, all but 2 major plays he made while at UT were him running the ball.

Blazing Arrow
09-08-2008, 02:19 PM

Offensive schemes change? Hummer playes Fisher ball too and frankly any pass over 20 yards should not have been thrown. They looked awefull. Most of the long gains came off of YAC. Chris Johnson alone was the main reason we won. Even the TD pass put Johnson in an ackward position but he kept his balance and was wide open.

exactly. I don't mind Collins as a backup, but no way in hell you succeed with him as your starter for 16 games......especially at this point in his career...........

Right now Collins can not be any wost then Young. Young is not even running anymore and he seems to have no pocket presence. Yeah the WR could have caught a couple but allot were just poorly thrown balls.

Oh and Sandmitch is not going to be on this team.

HOU-TEX
09-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Vince Young's a Puh C

But he's still the best QB that ever played the game.

:stirpot:

Texan_Bill
09-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Vince Young's a Puh C

But he's still the best QB that ever played the game.

:stirpot:

It's stirpot with colons on both sides... ;) ...NVM you fixed it.

But agreed, the best ever!!!

Tedc
09-08-2008, 02:34 PM
It's stirpot with colons on both sides... ;) ...NVM you fixed it.

But agreed, the best ever!!!

Beter than Moon and McNair put together....a no doubt first balloter.

The Dream
09-08-2008, 02:36 PM
it wasn't freedom in the since "here do what you need to do to win" but more of fisher understanding that he has a young qb struggling to learn an offense & giving him the leeway to basically make plays the best he could. McNabb, Young & Rothlisberger all basically came in the league doing the same things. Unlike vince though, they eventually caught on to what you have to do to be successful as a qb in the NFL; learn to pass the ball...consistently down field. Plus the league just hadn't figured out how to scheme him yet.

VY isn't any of those guys..........which isn't a bad thing imo.........if he's good at it, you have to go with what works for him, and gives you the best chance to win. The coaches job is to put players in the best position to succeed..............VY is best at scrambling..............and he's not even a "wild" scrambler, very rarely does he get hit hard scrambling, because of his running style......................let em run coach.

Offensive schemes change? Hummer playes Fisher ball too and frankly any pass over 20 yards should not have been thrown. They looked awefull. Most of the long gains came off of YAC. Chris Johnson alone was the main reason we won. Even the TD pass put Johnson in an ackward position but he kept his balance and was wide open.

Yes. Year 1 they gave him a lot more freedom. Year 2 they pushed Vince to stay in the pocket and complete passes.......And he has a new coordinator in this year.......I stick by my statement.

BigTimeTexanFan
09-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Something to look at when VY returns is how he responds. Before the injury, defenses had to hang back because of his ability to take off running. He wont be able to do that any time soon. He's going to have to rely solely on him arm for production. Up to this point, he hasn't proven he can do that.

RTP2110
09-08-2008, 04:03 PM

Nope. If that was the case he would not have thrown in, "on this side of the ball." He's clearly separating the offense from the defense (indirectly pointing the finger at VY).

The Dream
09-08-2008, 04:26 PM
or he could've been talking about how the defense needs to step up and will not quit on the team despite their star QB going down......................all I've seen so far are implications from fans hoping VY quit on his team...............

BigTimeTexanFan
09-08-2008, 04:45 PM
or he could've been talking about how the defense needs to step up and will not quit on the team despite their star QB going down......................all I've seen so far are implications from fans hoping VY quit on his team...............

Whatever dude. The only reason Young went back in is because Fisher made him. Or do you think he just wasn't paying attention and didn't realize all the other offensive starter weren't on the sidelines? He quit and you should be a little more concerned. I have been a Texans fan from day one and God knows we have suffered through some horrible teams, but I guarantee you I would never support a player that acted like VY did yesterday. He quit!

The Dream
09-08-2008, 04:53 PM
i heard he hurt his hamstring.....................until i hear teammates stop calling him a leader in place of "quitter" I'm not believing it.......

Specnatz
09-08-2008, 05:08 PM
i heard he hurt his hamstring.....................until i hear teammates stop calling him a leader in place of "quitter" I'm not believing it.......

Do you think Elvis is still a live?

Grams
09-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Hurt his hammy, didn't bother to tell the trainers, just sat on the bench sulking.

The rest of the offense goes out on the field - but opps - no QB, Vince is just sitting. Fisher has to go and "talk" him into getting back onto the field.

Sounds like quitting to me.

But of course you would not have noticed that, you still think he is God and can do no wrong. One of these days you will get your head out of his you know what and will wake up and smell the coffee and realize that Vince is not an NFL caliber QB.

Wolf
09-08-2008, 06:33 PM

do you really believe teammates are going to say that in public?

if it was true about VY?(I have no idea but just saying)

my memory may be going but d-rob is about the only one I can think of that mentioned something about Carr on our team

someone can correct me

Texans_Chick
09-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Vic Ketchman of Jags.com (http://www.jaguars.com/News/Article.aspx?id=7216) piles on too:

Shane from Jacksonville
What is it about the Titans? They seem to beat up on us and we just can't stop it. Their record against us has been really good, even when it seems we are the better team.

Vic: They were the better team yesterday. Don’t fool yourself into believing otherwise. They had a fantastic advantage along the line of scrimmage that they couldn’t fully exploit because of their great disadvantage at quarterback. Had Kerry Collins played the whole game, I don’t think the score would’ve been as close as it was. Folks, the Jaguars lost three offensive linemen last week and a fourth played valiantly on a knee injury that would’ve normally forced him out of the game. These things happen. Teams get runs at a position.

Second Honeymoon
09-08-2008, 06:54 PM
just watched the Tenn-Jacks game on my DVR and as a Texans fan, I was happy with what I saw from Vince. As someone who respects Vince's talent and appreciates what he done for Texas football, I gotta say I was underwhelmed by his play, but more alarmingly his resilience and professionalism or lack thereof.

It's obvious I am talking about him sitting on the bench pouting after his 2nd INT. That was pretty embarassing to say the least. I hadn't seen it yet in its context and once I did, it was pretty freaking pathetic and that is hard for me to say as I like the guy but there is no excuse for that stuff. sulking on the bench in the 4th Quarter when your team needs you to be the leader is way out of character for Vince and may be a bad omen of things to come.

Then I read some of Mawae's and Bullock's postgame comments amongst others and....umm, the pouting act and the subpar QB play has not gone unnoticed by his teammates. He better fix his head or we may see Tennessee looking for a new QB in the upcoming drafts...

I have no problem calling out Vince but it'll just tend to be about football and not sausage marketing or being shirtless.

Second Honeymoon
09-08-2008, 06:56 PM

bro, i am a huge Vince guy, but some of his teammates have already insinuated that he quit and there wasn't much mention of the word 'leader' in regards to Vince this Sunday.

Second Honeymoon
09-08-2008, 07:00 PM
do you really believe teammates are going to say that in public?

if it was true about VY?(I have no idea but just saying)

my memory may be going but d-rob is about the only one I can think of that mentioned something about Carr on our team

someone can correct me

Dunta never called out Carr for quitting. He called him out for his bad play and on his lack of dedication on fixing things and making things better/improving....and that was only after a reporter quoted Carr as saying he was 'sick and tired of being sick and tired of losing' to which Dunta blew up and got very animated and basically told Carr that maybe he should do something about it if he was so damn sick of losing.

Walker, Glenn, and Sharper were rumored to have said some things in the locker room and to management critical of Carr and the offense in general after the first few years, and they were promptly shown the door.

TEXANRED
09-08-2008, 07:17 PM

Yeah? And I heard that smoking is a treatment for Parkinson's.

Houston Texans are > VY

eriadoc
09-08-2008, 09:14 PM
just watched the Tenn-Jacks game on my DVR and as a Texans fan, I was happy with what I saw from Vince. As someone who respects Vince's talent and appreciates what he done for Texas football, I gotta say I was underwhelmed by his play, but more alarmingly his resilience and professionalism or lack thereof.

It's obvious I am talking about him sitting on the bench pouting after his 2nd INT. That was pretty embarassing to say the least. I hadn't seen it yet in its context and once I did, it was pretty freaking pathetic and that is hard for me to say as I like the guy but there is no excuse for that stuff. sulking on the bench in the 4th Quarter when your team needs you to be the leader is way out of character for Vince and may be a bad omen of things to come.

Judging from reports last year and this, it would appear to be perfectly in character.

Honoring Earl 34
09-08-2008, 09:34 PM

Then I read some of Mawae's and Bullock's postgame comments amongst others and....umm, the pouting act and the subpar QB play has not gone unnoticed by his teammates. He better fix his head or we may see Tennessee looking for a new QB in the upcoming drafts...

I have no problem calling out Vince but it'll just tend to be about football and not sausage marketing or being shirtless.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/ZendoDeb/misc/Hell_Frozen_Over.jpg

Wolf
09-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Dunta never called out Carr for quitting. He called him out for his bad play and on his lack of dedication on fixing things and making things better/improving....and that was only after a reporter quoted Carr as saying he was 'sick and tired of being sick and tired of losing' to which Dunta blew up and got very animated and basically told Carr that maybe he should do something about it if he was so damn sick of losing.

Walker, Glenn, and Sharper were rumored to have said some things in the locker room and to management critical of Carr and the offense in general after the first few years, and they were promptly shown the door.

lack of dedication off and on the field are about the same thing in my book

time will tell about dedication.. I am all for VY going back to school but like someone mentioned. was it smart to do it now when you had a new OC coming in ... time will tell

I honestly say it suprises me to hear about the sulking .... esp during a game.. anyway. that is the last i will say about it..I'll let the Titan fans do the talking

Wolf
09-08-2008, 09:45 PM

I almost want to make that a wallpaper for the computer.. the whole think picture and all

Wolf
09-08-2008, 10:19 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080907/SPORTS01/80907009/1027

Grading VY and i have no comment on that one

Blazing Arrow
09-08-2008, 10:40 PM

Is this a tread about the Texans winning the AFC South ... would be about when this happens. :fans:

Specnatz
09-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Is this a tread about the Texans winning the AFC South ... would be about when this happens. :fans:

No it is about vy becoming an actual qb versus a crybaby.

kastofsna
09-08-2008, 11:18 PM
so why is young pouting news? remember that A&M game? tears are a big part of his arsenal

Señor Stan
09-08-2008, 11:32 PM
tears are a big part of his arsenal

Vince was busy curing cancer with his tears!

LEAVE HIM ALONE!

Wolf
09-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Vince was busy curing cancer with his tears!

LEAVE HIM ALONE!

hmm so what is it now I am cofused

When they say Vince has IT

what does it mean?
IT as in Internal Tears?
It as in a typo of InT

eriadoc
09-08-2008, 11:48 PM
hmm so what is it now I am cofused

When they say Vince has IT

what does it mean?
IT as in Internal Tears?
It as in a type of InT

I think TC's pic illustrates it quite well, actually.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2008/09/vince-young-aloof.jpg

Link (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/09/08/vince-young-unwilling-to-go-on-field-then-gets-knee-injury/)

kastofsna
09-08-2008, 11:55 PM
hmm it's kinda odd seeing Young and his team in the red zone in the same picture

BattleRedToro
09-09-2008, 06:06 AM

I think you defeat your own arguement about pocket QB's vs. running QB's injuries.

Both times that Vince has gotten hurt he was running with the ball, not staying in the pocket.

BattleRedToro
09-09-2008, 06:10 AM

I'll never believe that Fisher and Chow, 2 USC alumni, wanted Vince Young over Matt Leinart.

Young was forced on them by the either the owner, the GM, or both of them.

Wolf
09-09-2008, 08:05 AM
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2008/09/did_vince_young.html
Dickie ....I had to do a double take
Did Vince Young quit on the Titans? Welcome back, Lance Armstrong

Vince Young appears to have quit on the Tennessee Titans Sunday afternoon. Nothing could be more damaging to an athletes reputation or standing in the locker room.

Someone had better pull this guy aside and tell him that how badly he's screwing up. Maybe he'll listen to Mack Brown or Greg Davis. It seems clear he's not going to listen to anyone associated with the Titans.

Here's how it unfolded. Young was booed loudly midway through the fourth quarter in Nashville after throwing his second interception. According to the Tennessean, Young pushed away DT Albert Haynesworth, who was trying to console him, and took a seat on the bench.

When the Titans got the ball back, Young seemed reluctant to go back on the field. Kerry Collins took some snaps before Jeff Fisher seemed to gesture for Young to go back into the game.

Fisher later said that Young's hamstring was bothering him and he didn't know if he could continue.

''It's not an issue,'' Fisher said. "It is OK; he is our quarterback. It is not a controversy. ... We are lucky we have Kerry.''

Young did go back on the field and suffered a knee injury four plays later.

"I am under the assumption something happened to him and he was hurt," center Kevin Mawae told the newspaper.

Young hadn't won any friends by following up a terrible second season by spending much of the off-season in Austin to work on his degree. It's admirable that he's committed to finishing school, but where's his commitment to the team that gave him the $50-million contract? Stay tuned.

chicagotexan2
09-09-2008, 08:32 AM
All Vy does is sausage, umm i mean win. No, I mean sausage.

Htownsportsfan
09-09-2008, 08:37 AM
I am not a big fan of the disney sports network but when they have a segment dedicated to you and your inability to control your emotions, there is a problem! This morning on BSPN they did a segment on VY and had a quote or two from players, Kerry Collins etc about VY getting over emotional when the fans booed his poor play this week.

Polo
09-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Since VY wanted to be a Texan so bad, anyone think he'd come here as a project FS after Tenn is done with him ?

Mr teX
09-09-2008, 08:41 AM
VY isn't any of those guys..........which isn't a bad thing imo.........if he's good at it, you have to go with what works for him, and gives you the best chance to win. The coaches job is to put players in the best position to succeed..............VY is best at scrambling..............and he's not even a "wild" scrambler, very rarely does he get hit hard scrambling, because of his running style......................let em run coach.

It's not just those guys though, it's virtually every rookie qb in the nfl who does that in their 1st year & under that light what he did his rookie year looks even less impressive. & like i said earlier, teams just hadn't figured out how to scheme him yet....3 years later, it appears they have.

& as far as the bolded, this is a lie proliferated alot on the titans MB by some fans who can't understand why he's not running. This myth that Fisher & co. are making him stay in the pocket isn't true. When fisher has been questioned about young & his development, i've personally heard, at least 1 time, with my own ears from interview snippets on the NFL network & the titans MB, fisher tell reporters such things as "we've told him don't forget about your legs..." & things of that nature. Either way i think the book's out on him....confuse him with the pre-snap & post-snap reads, watch him scramble in hopes of getting a good lick on him or sit back & eventually he'll make a mistake.

Yes. Year 1 they gave him a lot more freedom. Year 2 they pushed Vince to stay in the pocket and complete passes.......And he has a new coordinator in this year.......I stick by my statement.

i only brought up the other qbs b/c they were known as running qb's (except big ben) out of college too but they adapted & that's why they are successful on this level as well....the answer looks pretty clear cut to me on what he's gonna have to do to fulfill the potential everyone saw in him.

Mr teX
09-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Since VY wanted to be a Texan so bad, anyone think he'd come here as a project FS after Tenn is done with him ?

hell no....if he can't read a defense from the qb spot, what makes u think he can read an offense from the defensive side of things?

Blazing Arrow
09-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Waiting for it .....

Texan_Bill
09-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Waiting for it .....

Waiting for what?? For Vincent to turn into a QB?? Even you know that won't happen (as do many on your board)... So, again I ask, what are you waiting for??

Texan_Bill
09-09-2008, 09:53 AM
BA, as bad as all that sounded - I think it will take more proof that something actually happened before I jump on the story... On the other hand, if it's remotely true, you know we'll be all over it. With that said, if it were true I would also hope he gets the help needed...

Blazing Arrow
09-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Well the visit by the police late last night has a link. If the other stuff is true that is very bad. Could be his career.

Texan_Bill
09-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Well the visit by the police late last night has a link. If the other stuff is true that is very bad. Could be his career.

It may not be as bad as what's being said.. You know how things get blown way out of proportion...

HOU-TEX
09-09-2008, 10:06 AM
BA, as bad as all that sounded - I think it will take more proof that something actually happened before I jump on the story... On the other hand, if it's remotely true, you know we'll be all over it. With that said, if it were true I would also hope he gets the help needed...

Did I miss something? What happened? Who had the police visit? And WTF happened to that guy's head? Sorry, had to get a Dogma quote in.

Texan_Bill
09-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Did I miss something? What happened? Who had the police visit? And WTF happened to that guy's head? Sorry, had to get a Dogma quote in.

Rep for the 'Dogma' reference... Check out the Rumors section of GoTitans.com

Texan_Bill
09-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Here's a link to the Tennessean: Police: Titans feared for Young's safety
(http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080909/SPORTS01/80909010/1027)

TEXANRED
09-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Crap, Harrington is working out for the Titans. They are not supposed to be upgrading that position this late in the season.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880909011

Texan_Bill
09-09-2008, 10:12 AM
The gun was unloaded and in his glove box....

TEXANRED
09-09-2008, 10:17 AM
(http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080909/SPORTS01/80909010/1027)

Well Damn. Well I guess I would have to be on suicide watch to if I had to live in Nashville.

The two worst places in the world to live, Dallas and Nashville, and both of there teams stars are put on watch.

HOU-TEX
09-09-2008, 10:24 AM
The gun was unloaded and in his glove box....

Yeah, it doesn't sound like it was a big deal to me. I just think he's a whiney ***** that feeds off of his followers. Now that his nut-huggers are beginning to figure out he's not a good NFL QB, they're turning on him. IMO, that's why he cries so often. He cares more about what the fans think than football.

Meh, I'm just glad he's not on our team.

Texan_Bill
09-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah, it doesn't sound like it was a big deal to me. I just think he's a whiney ***** that feeds off of his followers. Now that his nut-huggers are beginning to figure out he's not a good NFL QB, they're turning on him. IMO, that's why he cries so often. He cares more about what the fans think than football.

Meh, I'm just glad he's not on our team.

Dude.... All he does is win games. :kingkong:

Mailman
09-09-2008, 10:30 AM
I just spent the last fifteen minutes reading the VY threads at hornfans.com.

These fools are f'n delusional about Vince Young. It's always everyone else's fault that he hasn't succeeded in the NFL like he did in college.

Tedc
09-09-2008, 10:33 AM
I heard VY is listed day to day.

His feelings are hurt.

Texan_Bill
09-09-2008, 10:40 AM

These fools are f'n delusional about Vince Young. It's always everyone else's fault that he hasn't succeeded in the NFL like he did in college.

Ironically, many at GoTitans.com are ready to throw the towel in on Vince. Some beleive that they are a (real) QB away from the Super Bowl - and VY is not the guy...

Specnatz
09-09-2008, 11:23 AM

You think those nimrods are delusional? You should talk to have the people I run into everyday in this town. You have a lot of folks like Hookem who are very passionate about the LongHorns but they can seperate college from pro and they do not need a wet towel when reading about the Horns.

Ironically, many at GoTitans.com are ready to throw the towel in on Vince. Some beleive that they are a (real) QB away from the Super Bowl - and VY is not the guy...

I wonder if all those nut hugging vy fans want to bring in Chris Simms. How classic would that be, Chris Simms takes vs's job :user:

Hervoyel
09-09-2008, 11:30 AM

They're just like the Fresno Mafia and their never-ending support for David Carr. These people aren't wrong, they just have the order of things turned around. To them the summit of a players career is the bowl game he plays in during his last year of college and everything following that is secondary.

They shouldn't even be allowed to comment on the NFL because they have no understanding of it apart from the similarities in the game to the NCAA.

Hervoyel
09-09-2008, 11:36 AM

The gun wasn't loaded.

But did they check the sausage he had stuffed in between the seats?

Texans_Chick
09-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Statement from the Titans (http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_news_detail.php?PRKey=6034):

“Last night, we received a call from people that are closest to Vince informing us that he had left his house in a state of mind that had them concerned; and that he was unreachable, having left his cell phone at the house. Not having all the facts available to us and approaching the matter prudently, we contacted Metro Police to make them aware of the situation and asked for their assistance in locating Vince. He was located at a friend’s house, where we made contact with him. He then came to the practice facility where it was determined that those initial concerns by his friends and family were unfounded and he returned home without incident.”

I wouldn't doubt that version of events.

I hope he gets help, plays to whatever his potential is, and well, that his team loses. It is sad.

HOU-TEX
09-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Statement from the Titans (http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_news_detail.php?PRKey=6034):

I wouldn't doubt that version of events.

I hope he gets help, plays to whatever his potential is, and well, that his team loses. It is sad.

I bet his buddies Ricky and Ced called and told him they had a fatty over there that needed the smoke sucked out of it. They informed him to leave his his shirt at home because they were going to give each other bong water massages. He took off out the door so fast he left his phone at home.

His buddies were pissed that they weren't invited for the rub down so they called coach Fish.

That's what I gather from reading between the lines. :thinking:

09-09-2008, 11:52 AM
I bet his buddies Ricky and Ced called and told him they had a fatty over there that needed the smoke sucked out of it. They informed him to leave his his shirt at home because they were going to give each other bong water massages. He took off out the door so fast he left his phone at home.

His buddies were pissed that they weren't invited for the rub down so they called coach Fish.

not funny

Texan_Bill
09-09-2008, 11:53 AM

Ah-Ha!! Now the story makes sense to me...

Honoring Earl 34
09-09-2008, 01:52 PM

He was looking for one of his errant passes and it was all blown out of proportion .

False Start
09-09-2008, 05:26 PM
The gun wasn't loaded.

I hear hes not a good shot either. He was deer hunting one day and took the shot,it was intercepted by a squirrel who thought it was a shiny nut flailing though the air.

Señor Stan
09-09-2008, 05:35 PM
He was looking for one of his errant passes and it was all blown out of proportion .

hope he had his duck hunting license...

Texan_Bill
09-09-2008, 05:47 PM
hope he had his duck hunting license...

Thought it was quail... :thinking:

Wolf
09-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Thought it was quail... :thinking:

lately it wouldn't surprise me if it were snipe hunting

brakos82
09-09-2008, 06:10 PM
I created a monster... :spit:

IndyDrummer
09-09-2008, 06:14 PM

Since he was in crotches, I would say yes.

BattleRedToro
09-10-2008, 06:15 AM
Ironically, many at GoTitans.com are ready to throw the towel in on Vince. Some believe that they are a (real) QB away from the Super Bowl - and VY is not the guy...

They believe correctly. They are a real QB away from a serious Super Bowl contender. They have a great defense, running game, and their kicking game is good as well. All they need is an improved passing game.

I wish that my favorite team was as solid.:drool: