PDA

View Full Version : Good news bad news thread.

gtexan02
09-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Good news? SWT is going to eat his Texans hat on his webcam. That will be hillarious
Bad news? Ahman Green and the rest of our RB corp stunk it up.

Good news? Mario Williams is great
Bad news? The only thing the rest of our DL can do is block (AO)

Good news? Andre Johnson is back
Bad news? David Anderson looks to be a preseason fluke

Good news? No major injuries
Bad news? We gave up 5 sacks

Good news? Matt Schaub didn't get hurt
Bad news? Duane Brown tried to hurt him, though

Good news? We never fumbled the ball
Bad news? Schaub could have tossed 5 INTs if the Steelers could catch

Good news? Some very good teams last year got blown out, too. (Chargers anyone?)
Bad news? I don't think we're a very good team

Sure the offense, defense, special teams, and coach all looked like high school kids playing in the NFL, but hey, at least there are some positives to take away

TexansLucky13
09-07-2008, 05:42 PM

I'm pretty sure there was a fumble on a sack in the mid 4th quarter. Remember when Duane Brown pulled a Matt Turk?

stingray
09-07-2008, 05:44 PM
If it's any consolation, the Browns were slaughtered the first game last year against the Steelers. They went on to finish 10-6.

Maddict5
09-07-2008, 05:46 PM
good news: the giants got blown out in their first two games last yr too and won the SB
bad news: we're not the giants

good news: the steelers are a top team
bad news: we are not

good news: mario made numerous great, negative yardage plays
bad news: we usually gave up a 1st down/td on the next play

J-Russ
09-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Good news? SWT is going to eat his Texans hat on his webcam. That will be hillarious
Bad news? Ahman Green and the rest of our RB corp stunk it up.
(Wrong. The O-line stunk it up.)

Good news? Mario Williams is great
Bad news? The only thing the rest of our DL can do is block (AO)
(The D-Line look like they were getting good pressure, didn't keep track of who though. Most the time I saw Mario in the backfield though.)

Good news? Andre Johnson is back
Bad news? David Anderson looks to be a preseason fluke

Good news? No major injuries
Bad news? We gave up 5 sacks

Good news? Matt Schaub didn't get hurt
Bad news? Duane Brown tried to hurt him, though
(Salaam gave up a sack on his first play. Imagine if he was in the whole game)

Bad news? Schaub could have tossed 5 INTs if the Steelers could catch

Good news? Some very good teams last year got blown out, too. (Chargers anyone?)
Bad news? I don't think we're a very good team

Sure the offense, defense, special teams, and coach all looked like high school kids playing in the NFL, but hey, at least there are some positives to take away

Good news, we gotten the SD/JAC-like game from 07 out of the way early on the season. I'm just glad didn't suffer any (major)injury from this game.

DiehardChris
09-07-2008, 05:48 PM
To me, the ONLY good news from this game is that Matt Schaub got the living sh*t beaten out of him and never left the game.

Oh, and - nobody died. Not that we've heard yet, anyway.

drewmar74
09-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Remember when Duane Brown pulled a Matt Turk?

That was very, very ugly. I had blotted it from my memory.... thanks for digging it back up.

J-Russ
09-07-2008, 05:49 PM
To me, the ONLY good news from this game is that Matt Schaub got the living sh*t beaten out of him and never left the game.

I dunno. It looked like Duane Brown and Travis Johnson died alittle inside. Could've sworn I saw them crying on the sideline.

Texan Asylum
09-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Good news? SWT is going to eat his Texans hat on his webcam.

Do explain!...and when IS chowtime? :kingkong:

cuppacoffee
09-07-2008, 08:58 PM

Bad news..getting the living sh*t beaten out of you and not leaving the game is not always a good sign..(see previous qb)

Andrew6
09-07-2008, 09:32 PM
good news, ummmmm

bad news, new offensive line scheme didn't look effective, offensive line looked dominated, RB core didn't seem real effective, defensive backs got burned ALOT (everytime i saw Reeves I thought FLAME ON), DL looked ok just wasn't able to make a whole lot of plays when needed. I honestly don't think that the Texans could have been the La Marque Cougars today. Anything and everything that could go wrong went wrong. If we intend on being a "PLAY OFF" team then there is no way that mistakes like we saw today can continue. Next Sunday is the home opener, lets see if anything has changed and if they have learned how to play since this weekend. :twocents:

forcefollow
09-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Bad news: Texans suck
Good news: So do the lions

Bad news: Ahman Green is still on the roster
Good news: Texans can still cut him

Bad news: Schaub had a bad game
Good news: Sage has played like an all pro each time he has gotten the chance
Double bad news: Texans don't recognize Sage's record.

Bad news: We have no secondary
Good news: Payton Manning looks rusty

Bad news: The NFL will not allow any of Bob Mcnairs horses to play football
Good news: Bob Mcnair is not Jerry Jones. Thank God!!!!

DerekLee1
09-07-2008, 09:48 PM
GOOD NEWS: The rest of the division looks beatable.

RICHARD SMITH, ARE YOU WATCHING THE BEARS-COLTS GAME? THIS IS HOW YOU BEAT PEYTON MANNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD NEWS: Cleveland was crushed by Pittsburgh in the first game last season.

CloakNNNdagger
09-07-2008, 09:54 PM
The BAD NEWS is that there is very little GOOD NEWS.:hides:

TEXANRED
09-07-2008, 09:55 PM
I wanna play.

Bad news: Its the same product we have watched for six staight years.

Good news: The game ended.

ObsiWan
09-07-2008, 09:55 PM

RICHARD SMITH, ARE YOU WATCHING THE BEARS-COLTS GAME? THIS IS HOW YOU BEAT PEYTON MANNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cleveland also changed starting QBs

Maddict5
09-07-2008, 09:58 PM

lol are you even watching.. the bears are rushing only 4 most of the time!! talent hides many scheme deficiencies

Andrew6
09-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Bad news : we took a beating

Good news : ESPN is more focused on Tom Bradys injury to abuse the Texans name.

beerlover
09-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Good news: the 08 NFL season is officially here :splits:

Bad news: Texans lost season opener :hothboy:

Norg
09-07-2008, 10:00 PM
good news is the colts might lose today and we need all of are divison foes to lose has much has possible muhahahahaha

Honoring Earl 34
09-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Bad news ... we stunk it up .

Good news ... the Rams are worse .

TEXANRED
09-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Bad News: Richard Smith still has a job

Good News: Tim Tebow should be availabe when the Texans draft.

TexansLucky13
09-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Bad News: Richard Smith still has a job

Good News: Tim Tebow should be availabe when the Texans draft.

I don't see how Tebow would fix anything. We need either a DE or FS with our 1st pick next year.

Andrew6
09-07-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't see how Tebow would fix anything. We need either a DE or FS with our 1st pick next year.

have you not seen Tebow? who need a running back when your QB can run the ball and pass. I'd be somewhat ok with that and hopefully they get a running back in the 2nd round

TexansLucky13
09-07-2008, 10:35 PM
have you not seen Tebow? who need a running back when your QB can run the ball and pass. I'd be somewhat ok with that and hopefully they get a running back in the 2nd round

I don't understand how you could even see Tebow as an option. We have two competent QBs on the roster, one of which signed a big deal that will keep him here for a long time. We aren't drafting a first round QB.

We need a pass rusher opposite Mario or a long range Free Safety to help the secondary in the first round.

bah007
09-07-2008, 10:39 PM
I don't understand how you could even see Tebow as an option. We have two competent QBs on the roster, one of which signed a big deal that will keep him here for a long time. We aren't drafting a first round QB.

We need a pass rusher opposite Mario or a long range Free Safety to help the secondary in the first round.

Don't you know?...

Tebow is a beast of a pass rusher.

He can play FS too...

Andrew6
09-07-2008, 10:41 PM

:::: :( :::: I want TEEEBBBBBOOOWW well actually his g/f lol
http://chethondo.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/x-20070109123009046.jpg

bah007
09-07-2008, 10:42 PM

I can't even count how many times this picture has come up on this board.

It's not his girlfriend.

Honoring Earl 34
09-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Don't you know?...

Tebow is a beast of a pass rusher.

He can play FS too...

Slash x 2

Andrew6
09-07-2008, 10:44 PM

It's not his girlfriend.

ok well his friend or chic that just posed with him, either way SHE IS HOT

TexansLucky13
09-07-2008, 10:49 PM

It's not his girlfriend.

He probably tapped that, though.

bah007
09-07-2008, 10:55 PM
He probably tapped that, though.

I doubt it. He is a hardcore christian. Doesn't believe in sex before marriage (per what I've heard).

Crazy right? Think of all the opportunites he has probably had by now.

TexansLucky13
09-07-2008, 10:58 PM
I doubt it. He is a hardcore christian. Doesn't believe in sex before marriage (per what I've heard).

Crazy right? Think of all the opportunites he has probably had by now.

What a waste of a college experience, if so. To be honest I don't believe he is a virgin.

On the other hand, if he truly is a virgin, congrats. That's hard to do.

bah007
09-07-2008, 11:00 PM
What a waste of a college experience, if so. To be honest I don't believe he is a virgin.

On the other hand, if he truly is a virgin, congrats. That's hard to do.

Any guy who uses his summer to go circumcize children in a third world country probably doesn't think about things the same way we do.

KEYE SUX
09-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Bad News- Titans can be the only team in the division with a win in week 1 despite the horrible QB play. If Jax can't run and Indy looks suspect we lose our "tough division" excuse.

TexansLucky13
09-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Any guy who uses his summer to go circumcize children in a third world country probably doesn't think about things the same way we do.

He circumcises children in the summer? I guess that's very Christian of him, sounds a bit strange though.

TEXANRED
09-07-2008, 11:10 PM

I am not sold on Schaub. He is good when we play sub par teams that lack talent. But, when he plays against teams with talent and the pressure is on, he folds. And not only does he fold, but he looks David Carr like. See todays game for an example.

As far as Sage goes, he is a career back up. A good, competent back up, but still a back up. Sage reached his ceiling a long time ago.

As far as Tebow goes, I would love to have him but don't think we should take him. We have some serious interior line issues, RB issues, and a slew of defensive problems.

We should probably fix the Oline first before killing another QB's career.

Although Tebow is mobile and tough, that may help our line out a lot.

Giant Tiger
09-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Bad news ... we stunk it up .

Good news ... the Rams are worse .

Agree with you there on the bad news. At least it was against a good team. I feel bad, but I'd probably feel worse if I was a Charger fan.

Good news is we're still in it mathematically.

thegr8fan
09-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Good News: we are tied for 2nd place in the division :wild:

Bad news: we won't be if we continue to play like this sunday's game. :foottap:

Texan JBZ
09-07-2008, 11:26 PM

Cotdamn!!!:thumbup:heat::perfect10:

TxDavid
09-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Bad news - we got our butts whipped...
Good news - The steelers aren't in our division

Bad news - Titans won today
Good news - Jacksonville & Indy lost

drewmar74
09-07-2008, 11:53 PM
We should probably fix the Oline first before killing another QB's career.

*stands and applauds*

BeerTastesLikeVictory
09-08-2008, 06:42 AM
Good News: I'm not dead.

Bad News : Now I get to either get text, called, or slammed in person here in the lovely city of Pittsburgh at least for the next week or two. Since I am out of pocket I get very few televised Texans game, and that just happened to be one of them. I will continue to be a fan but the last bit of optimism left the building after yesterday. I am not mad at the loss, I really thought we might lose anyhow; its just the way they lost. Well I am at work now and its time to get to it, so I will go face the music and listen to half the city talk smack.

kcdoubleeagle
09-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Good News- I won a lot of money betting football yesterday

Bad News- I would have won more if I wouldn't have bet the Texans.

Good News- Mario Williams will be in the Hall of Fame.

Bad News- Probably after Reggie Bush if he keeps having games like yesterday.

Good News- We have Mario Williams

Bad News- We have 52 other players not named Mario Williams.

Good News- Mario Williams plays for the Texans.

Bad News ( for Mario )- Mario Williams plays for the Texans

Okay..okay....we will be back...it's not all THAT bad...right??

SouthSideTexan
09-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Cleveland also changed starting QBs

:thinking: Hmmmmmmm... Are we going to have a QB controversy? Give Schaub another chance to prove himself this week. If his performance is the same... give Sage a shot. When Sage is on the field, he looks like a leader. Last year and so far this year I have not seen that from Schaub. Maybe there was a reason Schaub was a back up in ATL. :thinking:

TEXANRED
09-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Bad news: Ike is tracking and being projected to hit Houston this weekend so we might not be playing.

Good news: Ike is tracking and being projected to hit Houston this weekend so we might not be playing.

Thorn
09-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Bad news: Ike is tracking and being projected to hit Houston this weekend so we might not be playing.

Good news: Ike is tracking and being projected to hit Houston this weekend so we might not be playing.

LOL, you should be ashamed, but I'm sure you're not.

:spit:

Tedc
09-08-2008, 09:33 AM

You must spread reputation before giving it to Texan Red again.

Thorn
09-08-2008, 09:40 AM
You must spread reputation before giving it to Texan Red again.

I cought him for ya.

kcdoubleeagle
09-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Bad News- VY went down yesterday.....now the Titans will be almost unbeatable.

Vinny
09-08-2008, 10:21 AM
The good news? It's football season. The bad news? I've never seen Steve McKinney get blown up like I saw Myers blown up yesterday. :gun:

treygar
09-08-2008, 12:28 PM
hah. Vinny made me laugh for the first time in years with above post.

yes, the good news is that it is football season and we can all resume our armchair quarterback jobs.

bad news is that Kubiak has destroyed the franchise and still has a job.