PDA

View Full Version : The Titans just go alot better...

stingray
09-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Vince Young hurt his knee.

The Dream
09-07-2008, 02:59 PM
yeah he did.........heard it wasn't that bad though.................

stingray
09-07-2008, 03:01 PM
I saw it. And as soon as he went out, Collins moved the ball quite easily.

The Dream
09-07-2008, 03:10 PM
titans win!!!!

Brando
09-07-2008, 03:25 PM
titans win!!!!

VY just wins. :francis:

He looked terrible on the sideline before the injury, he was moping around with his head down and hands over his head. Very bad body language being displayed by a player who is supposed to be the leader of the offense.

Blazing Arrow
09-07-2008, 03:31 PM
No the Titans just win ... and the Cows just lose.

How can you even kind of talk smack after that emabrasment your team just put on the field. I have thrown up stuff that looked better.

The Dream
09-07-2008, 03:31 PM
yeah but titans win..............

vy also had a lot of dropped passes, by those bums called receivers........and collin's big play was a short dump off pass, in which the receiver did all the work.............

YellerLotYeller
09-07-2008, 03:39 PM
yeah but titans win..............

vy also had a lot of dropped passes, by those bums called receivers........and collin's big play was a short dump off pass, in which the receiver did all the work.............

Just goes to show what a receiver will do for the team's real leader.

The Dream
09-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Just goes to show what a receiver will do for the team's real leader.

i messed up by not starting the titans D, and starting palmer today...............

EDIT

did u play VY today???

DBCooper
09-07-2008, 03:51 PM
How can you even kind of talk smack after that emabrasment your team just put on the field. I have thrown up stuff that looked better.

I hate to say it, but I totally agree with you. this once.

Brando
09-07-2008, 04:48 PM
No the Titans just win ... and the Cows just lose.

Who said it was smack? Just calling it like I see it. He looked very discouraged out there.

bah007
09-07-2008, 05:43 PM
To be honest...

The Titans did just get a lot better.

But not because of VY. Did anybody else see what Chris Johnson was doing out there today?

The Dream
09-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Did anybody else see what Chris Johnson was doing out there today?

that boy is bad..........glad I got him on one of my fantasy teams......

bah007
09-07-2008, 05:47 PM
that boy is bad..........glad I got him on one of my fantasy teams......

I got him on mine too...

YellerLotYeller
09-07-2008, 05:52 PM
i messed up by not starting the titans D, and starting palmer today...............

EDIT

did u play VY today???

lol...no. He's the paper weight for my bench.

The Dream
09-07-2008, 06:06 PM
lol...no. He's the paper weight for my bench.

who's the paper????

J-Russ
09-07-2008, 06:09 PM
lawl. The Madden curse still lives! In the next year or two you'll see VY in the same situation as Dante Culpepper is currently in.

Blazing Arrow
09-07-2008, 06:58 PM
To be honest...

The Titans did just get a lot better.

But not because of VY. Did anybody else see what Chris Johnson was doing out there today?

I did :shades:

I agree Brando; Young is terrible. If you actually read through that one thread I am not his biggest fan in the first place I just like giving you all shiat.

Blazing Arrow
09-07-2008, 06:59 PM
who's the paper????

Seriously Dream get over the Young man love. He had less total yards then our #2 RB. Are you kidding me?

BTW I hate Collins but he might get another shot at a Super Bowl.

The Dream
09-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Seriously Dream get over the Young man love. He had less total yards then our #2 RB. Are you kidding me?

it..............was...............a............... .........................joke..................... ...

Silver Oak
09-07-2008, 07:04 PM

titans trading him?

The Dream
09-07-2008, 07:05 PM
titans trading him?

to the texans..............ooooooooops.......

Blazing Arrow
09-07-2008, 07:19 PM
I'll take a fairly unbias look at Young.

In Typical Fisher Ball fashion we ran the ball allot.

Young's recievers gave up on him on several plays and got chewed out for it but on other plays you have to question who Young was throwing too. The INT was ridicoulous. How do you make that bad of a throw? Most of Young's yard came on YAC from Scaife or Johnson. He looked bad. As bad as any poor QB I have ever seen. They even talked about benching him right before he got hurt. I have thoughts that the injury was bogus as well. He did not take a hard hit and it looked as if it would have been in ankle not a knee. I could be wrong but it looked bad.

wicked_wayz
09-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I'll take a fairly unbias look at Young.

In Typical Fisher Ball fashion we ran the ball allot.

Young's recievers gave up on him on several plays and got chewed out for it but on other plays you have to question who Young was throwing too. The INT was ridicoulous. How do you make that bad of a throw? Most of Young's yard came on YAC from Scaife or Johnson. He looked bad. As bad as any poor QB I have ever seen. They even talked about benching him right before he got hurt. I have thoughts that the injury was bogus as well. He did not take a hard hit and it looked as if it would have been in ankle not a knee. I could be wrong but it looked bad.

i didnt care too much about VY, however your D was awesome today, haynesworth was a wrecking ball out there, picking up right where he left of last year

Specnatz
09-07-2008, 07:50 PM
it..............was...............a............... .........................joke..................... ...

punch line .............................. vy.

Second Honeymoon
09-07-2008, 07:53 PM
scoreboard goes to VY and the Titans.....again.

but at least the Texans looked good....oh wait, never mind. scratch that.

Bulluck53
09-07-2008, 07:58 PM
I saw it. And as soon as he went out, Collins moved the ball quite easily.

He threw a screen that went for a big gain and a five-yard In that Gage turned into about a ten yard gain.

Honoring Earl 34
09-07-2008, 08:12 PM

Would you trade Mario for VY ... I'm sure the Titans would .

Specnatz
09-07-2008, 08:15 PM

Only cause he was the starter, Collins got the victory.

CloakNNNdagger
09-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Neither of those 2 interceptions should have ever left his hands.

The way he acted reflects a kid that has been put in the corner to contemplate his actions..........not a professional turning to self-analysis.

I guess, though, his test paper came back embarrassingly low............45.6 (QB rating).

That being said, I hope that his knee injury is not serious.

Goldensilence
09-07-2008, 08:22 PM

You mean the Titan's D?

Yeah that 12-22 one TD and two INT performance dazzled. Right where he left off last year. Bad play and injuries.

On the other hand the Titan's D shutting down Jones-Drew and Taylor and managing to pick off David Garrad Twice probably had a LOT more to do with Tenn. Winning the game then Vince did.

Honoring Earl 34
09-07-2008, 08:24 PM
You mean the Titan's D?

Yeah that 12-22 one TD and two INT performance dazzled. Right where he left off last year. Bad play and injuries.

On the other hand the Titan's D shutting down Jones-Drew and Taylor and managing to pick off David Garrad Twice probably had a LOT more to do with Tenn. Winning the game then Vince did.

I think there was a fumble also .

Goldensilence
09-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I think there was a fumble also .

You're right Vanden-Bosch had a forced fumble.I forgot to mention SEVEN sacks by the Titan D. Vince might've saved the game by going to the sideline and preserving the win.

WWJD
09-07-2008, 08:37 PM
As long as Jeff Fisher is the Titans coach that team will be decent and competitive.

Even with Vince there....

Blazing Arrow
09-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Would you trade Mario for VY ... I'm sure the Titans would .

Not a chance. We have a top D without him and are not paying even one of our players even close to the amount you are playing Mario "I am on a D that gave up 38 points" Williams.

Honoring Earl 34
09-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Not a chance. We have a top D without him and are not paying even one of our players even close to the amount you are playing Mario "I am on a D that gave up 38 points" Williams.

Yeah right besides Mario and Fat Albert would be brutal . OH I almost forgot ... you only like wasting a small fortune at QB .

Honoring Earl 34
09-07-2008, 08:45 PM
You're right Vanden-Bosch had a forced fumble.I forgot to mention SEVEN sacks by the Titan D. Vince might've saved the game by going to the sideline and preserving the win.

I think VY fumbled .

Blazing Arrow
09-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah right besides Mario and Fat Albert would be brutal . OH I almost forgot ... you only like wasting a small fortune at QB .

If I had to pick at this point I would take Culter.

Blazing Arrow
09-07-2008, 08:46 PM
I think VY fumbled .

Not for a loss. Mawae recovered ....

Second Honeymoon
09-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Only cause he was the starter, Collins got the victory.

whatever dude, they were leading when VY got hurt but of course that would go against your hater agenda. collins helped engineer the drive at the very end of the 4th Quarter.

VY didn't look good but he finally has one weapon to work with (chris johnson) and used him well. maybe if someone else on the Titans could catch a football, VY would get the stats that you so crave from your QB.....

...well Schaub had good stats today and you know what? It didn't mean squat. He was total garbage too but he has stats and it seems all that matters to you. Fisher's offense is never going to be pass happy irregardless of who they have behind center....

Second Honeymoon
09-07-2008, 08:59 PM

wasting a small fortune at QB? well as Texans fans we would know a whole lot about that...in fact, it looks like we are 2 for 2 in wasting money and draft picks on a QB prospect.

as texans fans we have no stone to stand on today. we were humiliated and pointing at other teams that won and laughing is pretty much lowest common denominator.

Specnatz
09-07-2008, 09:00 PM
whatever dude, they were leading when VY got hurt but of course that would go against your hater agenda. collins helped engineer the drive at the very end of the 4th Quarter.

VY didn't look good but he finally has one weapon to work with (chris johnson) and used him well. maybe if someone else on the Titans could catch a football, VY would get the stats that you so crave from your QB.....

...well Schaub had good stats today and you know what? It didn't mean squat. He was total garbage too but he has stats and it seems all that matters to you. Fisher's offense is never going to be pass happy irregardless of who they have behind center....

Sniff the laundry all you want.

Seriously, go buy a brick for that piece of crap stadium in possum hollar.

J-Russ
09-07-2008, 09:01 PM

Fisher would jump on that deal in a heartbeat. Face it VY is a bust and Mario is a beast, nobody in their right mind would not take that offer. But then again you can't be on your right mind if you have over a thousand post on a teams MB that you're not a fan of. You must have alot of times on you're hand to be posting so much on both sites.

Honoring Earl 34
09-07-2008, 09:05 PM
wasting a small fortune at QB? well as Texans fans we would know a whole lot about that...in fact, it looks like we are 2 for 2 in wasting money and draft picks on a QB prospect.

as texans fans we have no stone to stand on today. we were humiliated and pointing at other teams that won and laughing is pretty much lowest common denominator.

You're right but VY would'nt help us . In fact if we had him we would'nt have one of the few guys who actually came to play today , that's my point .

The Ravens did'nt allow a TD for 5 games with Banks at QB ... is that the VY rule ... he just wins games .

Second Honeymoon
09-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Sniff the laundry all you want.

Seriously, go buy a brick for that piece of crap stadium in possum hollar.

nice retort, statboy.

Specnatz
09-07-2008, 09:11 PM
nice retort, statboy.

VY = Trent Dilfer - the super bowl ring and playoff win.

Dan B.
09-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Personally I've got a bad feeling about the Titans. I think they might be very good this year, with an incredibly stout defense and Chris Johnson, who looks like the real deal.

The Jags, OTOH, may not be quite what everyone predicted they would be.

drewmar74
09-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Interesting report from PFT...

Though a partially torn MCL reportedly will keep Titans quarterback Vince Young off the field for the next two-to-four weeks, an incident that occurred not long before the injury could be the thing that truncates his career in Tennessee.

According to David Climer of the Tennesseean, Young apparently attempted to take himself out of the game after throwing an interception in the fourth quarter. Young supposedly tried to blame his reluctance to return on a tightening hamstring, even though he sought no treatment for it while the defense was on the field.

“I came on the field and 10 wasn’t in the huddle,” center Kevin Mawae said of the incident. “I didn’t know what the situation was.”

Per Climer, Young returned only after prodding from an animated Jeff Fisher. “From the outside looking in,” Climer writes, ”Fisher seemed to all but throw Young back onto the field.”

Though Young was named the offensive rookie of the year in 2006, his regression last season has caused us to conclude that the jury is still out on whether he’s a bust. Based on today’s events, it’s looking more likely than ever that Young will never fulfill his potential.

And, hopefully once and for all, Young’s career will get NFL teams to quit building up and/or tearing down college players based on their performances in a bowl game.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Hate that. I'd rather not have to play Kerry Collins in a few weeks....

Vinny
09-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Personally I've got a bad feeling about the Titans. I think they might be very good this year, with an incredibly stout defense and Chris Johnson, who looks like the real deal.

The Jags, OTOH, may not be quite what everyone predicted they would be.I have the Titans winning the South. They have the makings of a dominant team if they can get some good quarterback play but Collins isn't someone who I'd have too much faith in either.

kastofsna
09-07-2008, 11:57 PM
very bittersweet feeling for you guys i'm sure. on one hand, it's great to see Young spiral down back to the nothingness he came from. but on the other hand, the Titans are much more dangerous now

comahan
09-08-2008, 01:22 AM
With anyone competent at QB for Tennessee, theyre going to be real good.

eriadoc
09-08-2008, 01:46 AM
very bittersweet feeling for you guys i'm sure. on one hand, it's great to see Young spiral down back to the nothingness he came from. but on the other hand, the Titans are much more dangerous now

I won't pretend to speak for anyone else, but for me, I never really hated VY. I thought he was awesome at UT, and once he went to the Tacks, I afforded him the appropriate amount of rival hatred - the same as Kerry Collins, to be honest. What always annoyed the crap out of me was never VY; it was his hangers-on with the man crushes. It's like being surrounded by Cowboys fans, only worse. Thankfully, we're down to just a few die hard VY nuthuggers. Once VY fades, then we can all look back and appreciate his UT career.

Mr teX
09-08-2008, 06:24 AM
With anyone competent at QB for Tennessee, theyre going to be real good.

finally someone actually watching the game....

BattleRedToro
09-08-2008, 06:57 AM

Bo Scaife had 6 Receptions for 105 Yards so don't give me the excuse that noone else on his team can catch.

The issue is, Vince needs to stop throwing the ball to the other team.

well Schaub had good stats today and you know what? It didn't mean squat. He was total garbage too but he has stats and it seems all that matters to you. Fisher's offense is never going to be pass happy irregardless of who they have behind center....

Schaub had marginally better stats than Young. I wouldn't call them good stats.

They both played terrible.

The difference is that the Titans' running game and Defense played better against the Jaguars than Texans' running game and Defense played against the Steelers.

BattleRedToro
09-08-2008, 07:00 AM
And no I'm not happy that Vince Young will be out with an injury because as the Thread title says, the Titans did just get alot better.

Mr teX
09-08-2008, 07:06 AM

why are u staunchly defending these dudes on another teams mb? Okay, so we got smashed as expected yesterday, anyone who actually pays attention to the teams in the NFL knew that Pitt was a SB contender & figured that was going to happen. Most fans here knew this as well despite the few here who display unbridled homerisim....but even still it's our MB to do that.

The most ignorant football fan can see that the titans are winning their games on defense & in spite of VY....so your whole little logic of "we shouldn't be talking b/c we lost & VY led his team to victory......" goes out the window. We're gonna talk smack regardless b/c they are a divisional rival & b/c of the history that franchise's owner stole from us......that fat wrinkle POS.

You on the other hand, seem to be in denial about your boy. VY's got a great new toy in CJ, one of the best coaches in the NFL, a great defense backing him & a fan base who up until yesterday adored him..... all that & he still managed to look terrible. You say he used his weapons well, all he did was hand off & hit short PA dump offs to CJ with the occassional throw down the field (sound familiar?) hardly playing well. The only reason J-ville was able to hang around in that game till the end was b/c he kept screwing up & giving them the ball back.

To top it all off, he's on the sideline pouting like a little kid when he does screw up. Things like that don't go over well with the fans & they let him know about it yesterday (booed during his 2nd int). I would say that he's starting to fill out that "coach killer" sweater very nicely, but i know fisher would get rid of him before he ever got put on the hot seat in Tenn. He's looking more & more like the person you continue to trash to this day even though he's no longer on the team.....a bust of epic proportions.

imatexan
09-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Im suprised to see Titan fans hating on VY, while he is not as great as everyone says he is, he does find a way to won games. I dont see him being the next great QB or a backup. He will have some good years and some bad, overall and average career, but I agree with the UT comment hopefully now we can start to look back at his great UT career than his NFL.

kastofsna
09-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Im suprised to see Titan fans hating on VY, while he is not as great as everyone says he is, he does find a way to won games.
he finds a way to win games by not messing up the exchange between the ball and the runningback. also he doesn't get in the way of the defense.

Second Honeymoon
09-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Im suprised to see Titan fans hating on VY, while he is not as great as everyone says he is, he does find a way to won games. I dont see him being the next great QB or a backup. He will have some good years and some bad, overall and average career, but I agree with the UT comment hopefully now we can start to look back at his great UT career than his NFL.

winning doesnt matter imatexan...didn't you get the memo from Specnatz the Statboy? its all about stats nowadays.

Wolf
09-09-2008, 07:48 PM
sprained mcl
http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080909/SPORTS01/80909126/1002/SPORTS

Wolf
09-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Did they do a full body scan to check for cajones as well?

Take care of yourself Vince.

lol:

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38614&page=2

According to Fish on his show, VY is a definite out for this week, and will be day to day for the Houston game.

Specnatz
09-10-2008, 11:09 AM
winning doesnt matter imatexan...didn't you get the memo from Specnatz the Statboy? its all about stats nowadays.

Did I hurt your little feelings by saying vince young sucks and that the titans win not because of him but inspite of him. It is funny how you make it personal when discusssing mr crybaby cause they boo him.

In fact I find it rather funny that you are crying just like your hero.