PDA

View Full Version : Guys this is a 12 win team

Texanmike02
09-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Over the next two years. We will win at least 6 games each year.

Sorry to all of you who were touting 10 wins and playoffs this year. By the way, was that 8 straight runs of 5 plus? Did I mention we can't defend the run OR the pass. Offense was bad today, but you know that won't be an every game thing.

I think somewhere I wrote that you don't make a young offense feel like they have to score every time out. It leads to trying to do too much. To putting the ball where you shouldn't. Any coincidence that the first two drives, Matt looked pretty good? Then it became obvious that we're not capable of stopping the steelers and he starts forcing stuff.

Go Mario, Go Amobi, Go Ryans, Go Bennett its a shame you guys are playing with no other talent on the defense.

Please, can we see Molden?

Mike

stingray
09-07-2008, 01:58 PM
12 wins, maybe in four years combined..

Marcus
09-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Over the next two years. We will win at least 6 games each year.

Sorry to all of you who were touting 10 wins and playoffs this year. By the way, was that 8 straight runs of 5 plus? Did I mention we can't defend the run OR the pass. Offense was bad today, but you know that won't be an every game thing.

I think somewhere I wrote that you don't make a young offense feel like they have to score every time out. It leads to trying to do too much. To putting the ball where you shouldn't. Any coincidence that the first two drives, Matt looked pretty good? Then it became obvious that we're not capable of stopping the steelers and he starts forcing stuff.

Go Mario, Go Amobi, Go Ryans, Go Bennett its a shame you guys are playing with no other talent on the defense.

Mike

Naa, haven't you heard, Mike? According to the FIRE RICHARD SMITH crowd, we have way too much talent on this defense to be this bad. :rolleyes:

Funny though, other than Mario, Demeco, and Amobi, they won't tell you where all this talent is?

J-Russ
09-07-2008, 03:54 PM

I think we saw Faggins replace Reeves late in the game. It's not far off to think the coaches giving up on Reeves this early in the season.

We're likely to see Molden, Faggins, and Wilson all bump ahead of Reeves in the next two or three week. If Kubes decides to stay with Reeves and fail to admit his mistake, then I hope McNair realizes his mistake and take action on it. Nothing piss me off more then a stubborn coach, have some balls and admit that you were wrong.

Thorn
09-07-2008, 04:02 PM
I haven't like the Reeves thing from the beginning. I don't mind sighning debth, but giving a proven non performer that kind of money is stupid.

dickieb
09-09-2008, 03:42 PM
No doubt Thorn, especially a freaking cowgirl castoff!

TEXANRED
09-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Naa, haven't you heard, Mike? According to the FIRE RICHARD SMITH crowd, we have way too much talent on this defense to be this bad. :rolleyes:

Funny though, other than Mario, Demeco, and Amobi, they won't tell you where all this talent is?

Ryans, Williams, AO, Bennett, DRob, Demps.

A fresh rookie class of Molden, Okam, and Xavier.

Seriously, how much more talent do you need?

We have more all around talent than the Titans yet there defense is better.

Goldensilence
09-09-2008, 04:44 PM

I think you are the only one coming up with that notion. I think most people in the "fire Richard Smith crowd" admit we aren't the most talented team overall but we should be seeing SOMETHING better then what has been presented to us the past 2 years under Richard.

The "talent deficient crowd" still can't point to anything that remotely looks like a scheme for Ricard Smith other then....well we play a 4-3. They can't point to Richard's past success invovled in constructing a defense. As far as acquiring talent for whatever defense he runs that should be between RS and Richard. I get the feeling when asked what his thought on offseason retooling I get this image in my head well.....I guess...I could use a new cb. Mmmaybe a few quicker LBs...I dunno whatever you guys think.

Why hand this guy a high powered rifle when you need to hand him a sawed off shotgun and pray he hits SOMETHING.

spurstexanstros
09-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Basically I still think the problem is that they are still having problems making stops on third downs. Id love to see the percentage on that. It doesnt matter how talented you are, if you cant make stops on third down... you will not go far.

Ryan
09-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Basically I still think the problem is that they are still having problems making stops on third downs. Id love to see the percentage on that. It doesnt matter how talented you are, if you cant make stops on third down... you will not go far.

Especially when Richard Smith brings out the prevent defense on 3rd and 4.