PDA

View Full Version : Texans are too SOFT and have NO LEADER

SoCalTexanFan
09-07-2008, 12:58 PM
I love having nice guys and not all the off the field drama but this team has no EDGE to it. They just don't have the physical intensity needed to be a playoff team. We have no one that is willing to get in guys faces and be the leader. This is the worse performance I've seen from this team. Matt is starting to look like Carr.

stingray
09-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Demeco Ryans is our leader.

WWJD
09-07-2008, 01:03 PM
In Matt's defense the Steelers were on him very quickly when he was getting sacked. He looked great on those rollouts..he and Andre were clicking. They just need to settle down. But the D is letting the game get out of hand! Steelers O is pushing them around.

Hervoyel
09-07-2008, 01:14 PM
The Houston Texans, 6 seasons of bad football and counting.

I'm so tired of watching bad football that I can barely contain myself. It's the same story every year. We can't consistently stop anyone on the ground, stop anyone through the air, move the ball on the ground, or move the ball through the air. Every season we go through these games against genuinely good teams and see our team get beaten senseless. I'm tired of trying to "believe" when the team gives me little to nothing to believe in.

stiff
09-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Mario is now awake 2 sacks a forced fumble and at least 3 tackles for losses. Kinda sounds like a leader to me!

Demeco is looking decent as well. The Texans need to stop giving short fields and get the passing game clicking again.

texanmojo
09-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Good God folks...you would think this was the end of the world. Give it a break.

I have complete faith the team will rebound. We may not win but I hope we make it a close game.

We all knew the 1st 5 games this season would be tough...I don't get why many of you think that what is happening today is such a suprise.

Hervoyel
09-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Good God folks...you would think this was the end of the world. Give it a break.

I have complete faith the team will rebound. We may not win but I hope we make it a close game.

We all knew the 1st 5 games this season would be tough...I don't get why many of you think that what is happening today is such a suprise.

Give it a break? Are you kidding? I'll take a break from bitching about how bad this team plays when they take a break from playing badly.

Any time a team takes this long to look like they belong on the same field with the rest of the NFL I think it's at least fair to be frustrated at them. We have a total of 82 net yards in the first half and a pair of turnovers. We play football like crap around here.

No, let me rephrase that. We STILL play football like crap around here.

Ryan
09-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Not many anticipated thsi game to be as embarrasing as it has been.

J-Russ
09-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Let's get more choir boys for our team. Go McNair. Soft is better!!!!! GOD.

TexanSam
09-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Maybe Hurricane Ike will give this team another bye week and let them learn how to play football

imatexan
09-07-2008, 01:32 PM
We have leaders they just need to step up!

TexanSam
09-07-2008, 01:34 PM
We can have as many leaders as we want, but having leaders doesn't mean that a team with minimal talent on the defense will improve by all that much.

texanmojo
09-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Give it a break? Are you kidding? I'll take a break from bitching about how bad this team plays when they take a break from playing badly.

Then you might be bitching for a long time...I hope your throat can hold out.

Lighten up will you? Its the first game of the season. Yeah...I agree that they are stinking it up right now. Their play right now is NOT a suprise to me...it shouldn't be a suprise to you.

I'm not going to get all bent out of shape if we lose this one. It's a long season.

Hervoyel
09-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Why do you assume I'm surprised. I'm upset but I'm upset because when the Texans give up 9 yards on 3rd and 7 that's exactly what I expect them to do. I'm upset because when the Texans need 4 yards for a first down and can't get it in two tries that's exactly what I expect. I'm not surprised, I'm disgusted by how predictable this all is.

If you don't want to talk to somebody who is upset then talk to somebody else. I don't see any reason to "lighten up".

Runner
09-07-2008, 02:15 PM
We have leaders they just need to step up!

This is an oxymoron.

Hervoyel
09-07-2008, 02:21 PM
This is an oxymoron.

What did you just call Morlon Greenwood?

:whip:

gtexan02
09-07-2008, 02:24 PM
I've been keeping the faith all offseason. Now? This team is a joke. Our defense is embarassing. Our offense is inept. I guess Schaub didn't read Chris's shorts after every snap he took.

On the 1st INT, AJ was wide open 10 yards deeper. Schaub had decided to throw to Anderson, however, so he got picked. Anderson was triple covered

On the 2nd INT, AJ was double covered. Polamalu was literally stnading directly in front of him.

Schaub almost threw 2 or 3 more interceptions

SoCalTexanFan
09-07-2008, 02:34 PM
We have 4 first round draft picks on the defensive front seven and got MANHANDLED by what was suppose to be a weak Pit O Line. Something is WRONG. These guys just aren't physical enough and I'm wondering if that is a coaching issue. The only leader I've seen on this team is DR and he's on IR for six weeks. DeMeco and Mario are both going to be great players but that doesn't make a leader. If Matt doesn't show leadership by week 5, I say you pull him and go with the Rose.

Hook'er
09-08-2008, 02:35 PM
I've been keeping the faith all offseason. Now? This team is a joke. Our defense is embarassing. Our offense is inept. I guess Schaub didn't read Chris's shorts after every snap he took.

On the 1st INT, AJ was wide open 10 yards deeper. Schaub had decided to throw to Anderson, however, so he got picked. Anderson was triple covered

On the 2nd INT, AJ was double covered. Polamalu was literally stnading directly in front of him.

Schaub almost threw 2 or 3 more interceptions

Schaub sucks!

J-Russ
09-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Schaub sucks!

Great input genius. That was a very compelling argument you gave there.

Second Honeymoon
09-08-2008, 07:08 PM
You want leadership. Well it starts up top.

FIRE KUBIAK
HIRE COWHER

and lets do it before we commit our whole OL talentbase to some gimmick scheme that frankly has been looked less than promising since Kubiak arrived. Just line em up and play some football like the rest of the league. Sadly, now with the investment made in Gibbs, we look to be running this system for the forseeable future and Kubiak is probably safe. Oh well, such is life as a Texans fan.