PDA

View Full Version : I hope this isn't true... (Ced Benson working out for Texans)

valleytexfan
09-07-2008, 02:06 AM
mods, please accept my apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Apparently, Benson says he's "trying out" for the Texans? Can anyone follow on this?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-080906-cedric-benson-chicago-bears,0,2228505.story

Texans Pride
09-07-2008, 07:31 AM
I was just about to post this myself. . .

I HOPE that it is true......We don't have the luxury right now of turning away players that could possibly help the running game.

IF he tries out, and proves he can be productive, and they also get him for a great price, then bring him on!

When this team is loaded up with talent, and we aren't in NEED of a position, then we can start turning people away for their character issues.

I'm done with the David Carr squeaky clean image.

I want to win.

(Valley this post was not directed towards you)

jb66er
09-07-2008, 08:39 AM
If he walks a straight line off the field, I think Benson would help this team alot behind Green, but I'm not sure he would make it here with McNairs one strike and your outta here policy! :bat:
I REALLY wish we could go hard after Shaun Alexander or Ronnie Brown

CloakNNNdagger
09-07-2008, 08:55 AM
This report could be at least as legitimate as that of Bell's preluggage situation. The reports of the Benson tryout are in several major papers, with different wording so as not appearing to be a syndicated one source rumor. Maybe we'll eventually even see Bell carrying Benson's team luggage.:mcnugget:

CloakNNNdagger
09-07-2008, 09:00 AM
This report could be at least as legitimate as that of Bell's preluggage situation. The reports of the Benson tryout are in several major papers, with different wording so as not appearing to be a syndicated one source rumor. Maybe we'll eventually even see Bell carrying Benson's team luggage.:mcnugget:

b0ng
09-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Hey Cloak, you think this report might be legitimate? ;)

False Start
09-07-2008, 10:31 AM
With Ahman Green's health concerns,it couldn't hurt. The question is,will Benson's age finally catch up with him.

http://www.televisionheaven.co.uk/benson.jpg

Vinny
09-07-2008, 10:43 AM
I'd love to see us sign him

hot pickle
09-07-2008, 10:46 AM
im with vinny..... hes got awesome natural talent..... i think he was stuck on the wrong team and didnt want to play for the bears....

i know hes got into some trouble and everything but people can change... so bring him in

J-Russ
09-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Thomas Jones V.2.

He hasn't really done anything bad, so I don't see why we couldn't try him out under a vet minimum or something. It's not going to make us worst, that's for sure.

Sal Rosenberg
09-07-2008, 11:10 AM
throw him back there if he stink tghen cut him

threetoedpete
09-07-2008, 11:32 AM
What was the line in "Animal House" : "Going through life drunk, fat and stupid is no way to live life, son."

Strike the fat and add talented...I think you're close. We can speculate at the first incident, who was right and who was wrong...But in both incidents Ced put Ced in poor choices. I'd like to see the signing. Everyone deserves grace for being young and stupid....once. See nothing wrong with singing him and putting him on a short leash.

Texans Pride
09-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Why isn't this in the Texans forum?

Lucky
09-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Why isn't this in the Texans forum?
It's a rumor regarding a NFL player. If/when it's is confirmed, it will be in the Texans forum. If we allowed every rumor about NFL players to be placed in the NFL forum, actual Texans news would be pushed down.

eriadoc
09-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Andre Ware said something on the radio the other day regarding all these workout rumors. He said that coaches will often work a guy out to see if he's keeping in touch and to talk with him and see where his head is. If they like what they see/hear, he's on the speed dial in case of injury. So we may or may not sign Benson now, but he may be on Smithiak's speed dial, if he's keeping himself in shape.

austintexanite
09-07-2008, 05:38 PM
I hope it's true and I would like to see him with us. However, I would be pretty stict on the contract regarding off field incidents.

Goldensilence
09-07-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm not an all or not kind of guy. Obviously a team of thugs doesn't get you all the success in the world and good guy teams can be successful but the cross road is talent. I know we want that good image but at the same time we shouldn't be afraid to take a risk on a talented guy who wants a shot to turn it around.

All things considered what do we have to lose bringing him in?