PDA

View Full Version : Abraham on 106.7 trying to create "Ring of Honor" controversy(Titans/Oilers)

Wolf
09-06-2008, 11:17 AM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38376

Did anyone hear Thom Abraham on 106.7 today? He basically went on on and that the Titans should ignore the Oiler part of their past and minimize the attention given to the incredible players from this franchise's rich history. From what I've seen, Titans fans are more than eager to accept the great Oiler history and players and don't feel it conflicts with what the franchise is now.

from the Titans board..

Dread-Head
09-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Bud Adams...didn't Denis Leary write a song about him?

WWJD
09-06-2008, 11:22 AM
I think the Oilers should be kept entirely separate from the Titans..

Their ROH should be Titans players only.

Except for the very few who played for both teams and are deserving of ROH recognition.

Double Barrel
09-06-2008, 11:29 AM
I think the Oilers should be kept entirely separate from the Titans..

I agree completely.

Titans fans are more than eager to accept the great Oiler history and players and don't feel it conflicts with what the franchise is now.

yeah, they want to accept the GREAT part of Oiler history while ignoring the utter craptacular failure. Typical team thieves.

At least they're stuck with the absolute worst part of the franchise: Bud.

Wolf
09-06-2008, 11:44 AM
exactly DB...

like they say
Tennessee wants the gold mine while houston gets the shaft

well little did they know, they got the shaft(bud)

gg no re
09-06-2008, 12:19 PM
This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in some time. Anyone who is a Titan's fan should understand the history of the franchise. If your looking to support a new franchise, your on the wrong bandwagon. Obviously, I'm a long time Oiler's fan and still follow the team in Nashville. I was upset when the team left Texas, but Tennessee is a great state and Nashville is a fantastic city. I'm glad to be a Titan's fan and I am proud of the franchise's great history. Oiler and Titans players alike, Warren Moon, Bruce Mathews, Steve M, Eddie G, Ray Childress, ect, ect.

I know the fans in Nashville and the surrounding area understand the history of the Oilers and the embrace the heritage the Titans were build on...

I'm so excited to see the "columbia blue" back!, it reminds me of the old Oilers Unis. Let's go Oilers. . . . I' mean Titans!!!!
Eww

I couldn't care less about the Houston Oilers, or the Tennessee Oilers, for that matter. Warren Moon, Earl Campbell and whoever else never wore a Titans uniform, and therefore, should never be in a Titans "Ring of Honor." 95% of the people that go to the games weren't Oilers fans. We are the Tennessee Titans and nothing else.This guy may be a Titans fan, but.... he makes sense.

Hervoyel
09-06-2008, 12:31 PM
We are the Tennessee Titans and nothing else.

He got that right. That's all they are and all they ever will be.

DBCooper
09-06-2008, 12:38 PM
I can't even get into this..........

Wolf
09-06-2008, 12:54 PM
I think they need to stay out of oiler thing in Nashville

but it would be a interesting/funny as all get out when you hear on the news that the Titans wanted Earl to be in the Ring of Honor and Earl tells them to stick it up their ***

Wolf
09-06-2008, 01:02 PM
oh my stars

It was the Oilers that went to the Super Bowl Titans was nothing but a name then. What true Titan will the team put in the ring?

post 11 on the link

I'd say the minute they moved all records stop for the oilers.. would be just as if someone was traded away (in this case a franchise was traded from Houston to Nashville) for a 2002 pick and a hosting of a super bowl

eriadoc
09-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Bud Adams...didn't Denis Leary write a song about him?

Yes. Yes, he did. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adjqyTD6GM0)

SheTexan
09-07-2008, 09:29 AM
:includeme:

BUT, JMO!! ANY Oiler player who NEVER put on a Titan uni, is FOREVER AN OILER ONLY!!!! Those who decided to defect to Tenn with BUD can be called whatever they want to be called, and if a status symbol such as "ring of honor" means that much to them, then let them be called TITANS only!! I hate the fact that the OILERS is even mentioned in the same breath as those meatheads from Tenn!!:wild:

Txn_in_Oki
09-09-2008, 07:19 PM
I can't even get into this..........

I'm with you. The whole issue is dead to me and has been for a while. No need to get worked up over a team that crash and burned and ripped our hearts out more often than not.