gary
09-01-2008, 07:51 PM
For the game on Sunday?

texanfan2002114
09-01-2008, 07:57 PM
yes

gary
09-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Thank you. It sure wouldn't hurt though.

Lucky
09-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Technically, no it's not too late. Realistically, it's probably too late to have a RB ready to contribute by Sunday.

bah007
09-01-2008, 08:08 PM
There's no point.

There isn't enough time for them to digest enough of the playbook to make an impact in week 1.

gary
09-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Then for the season.

GP
09-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Why would it matter?

Kubiak STINKS at identifying running back potential.

Slaton is the best we got. Taylor is next, and then...well, that's about it.

LOL. The main site has a video feature that says "Ahman Green Ready to Go vs. Steelers".

What the hell ever. Man, I am so freaking angry right now. We're going to get absolutely CLOBBERED by the Steelers. It'll be like last year's Chargers game...all over again. With no real run game, our offense is going to get drilled. Schaub better have that 3-step drop ready.

YellerLotYeller
09-01-2008, 09:04 PM
There's no point.

There isn't enough time for them to digest enough of the playbook to make an impact in week 1.

What??? Alll we do is run left....crap my bad I just had a flashback from 2005.

DiehardChris
09-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Tatum Bell is now available. I pray to the football Gods that we don't even consider him. Texans fans for some reason have expressed interest in the past - but he's terrible in pass protection, and he's as soft as Dirk Nowitzki.

Texans_Chick
09-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Tatum Bell is now available. I pray to the football Gods that we don't even consider him. Texans fans for some reason have expressed interest in the past - but he's terrible in pass protection, and he's as soft as Dirk Nowitzki.

Ah yes, but as a running back body that is being added at this late date, he might have some value.

If he were cheap, the Texans need another body, and his learning curve would be not as steep as for some.

At this late date, he can't be choosy and neither can we.

More on the Tatum Bell cut (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/09/01/lions-sign-rudi-johnson-cut-tatum-bell-through-it-all-matt-mi/).

Honoring Earl 34
09-01-2008, 09:27 PM
I think the average career for a RB is 4 years . If you sign a vet who's been in the league over 6 years , does'nt that mean the odds are against him being durable .

dtran04
09-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Call me crazy but watch Ahman Green stay healthy the entire season. Having your salary directly determined by the condition of your body does wonders...

DiehardChris
09-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Call me crazy but watch Ahman Green stay healthy the entire season.

... I didn't peg you as a crack smoker. :D

DiehardChris
09-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Ah yes, but as a running back body that is being added at this late date, he might have some value.

If he were cheap, the Texans need another body, and his learning curve would be not as steep as for some.

At this late date, he can't be choosy and neither can we.

More on the Tatum Bell cut (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/09/01/lions-sign-rudi-johnson-cut-tatum-bell-through-it-all-matt-mi/).

I hear you, but the "soft" factor really bothers me. I just don't want guys like that on the team... uh... guys like... uh, Chris Brown.

Damn.

gary
09-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Crazy. But I would not mind you being right no one would.

KEYE SUX
09-01-2008, 10:36 PM
I personally don't think we need another RB if we bring back walker. I really think he can grow into a serviceable back. Isn't the ZBS known for taking average RB and making them appear great? Now I also believe that our running game will still take a few more games until our Oline gets it down. I believe youth is the way to go. Taylor, Slaton, and Walker in '08 = playoffs in '09 when all the pieces are put together. (maybe even this year if our line gets their study caps on)

gary
09-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Bringing back Walker would be fine.

Hervoyel
09-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Call me crazy but watch Ahman Green stay healthy the entire season. Having your salary directly determined by the condition of your body does wonders...

I got that same weird feeling today. I thought to myself "Watch that fragile S.O.B. play 15 games or so this year and finish with 1300 yards".

I think it's just "Real football is about to start euphoria".

eriadoc
09-01-2008, 10:51 PM
I personally don't think we need another RB if we bring back walker. I really think he can grow into a serviceable back. Isn't the ZBS known for taking average RB and making them appear great? Now I also believe that our running game will still take a few more games until our Oline gets it down. I believe youth is the way to go. Taylor, Slaton, and Walker in '08 = playoffs in '09 when all the pieces are put together. (maybe even this year if our line gets their study caps on)

I said it in another thread, but I didn't see anything in preseason to warrant optimism with regard to our vaunted zone blocking scheme. If we get preseason run blocking during the regular season, we're more likely to make good backs look mediocre than the other way around.

LORK 88
09-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Depends on how fast Detroit releases Tatum Bell and we sign him. He brings something different to this team too; instead of being old and broken down, he's fast and fragile.

HJam72
09-01-2008, 10:53 PM
I got that same weird feeling today. I thought to myself "Watch that fragile S.O.B. play 15 games or so this year and finish with 1300 yards".

I think it's just "Real football is about to start euphoria".

If he does it, we're going to be on pins and needles watching the WHOLE thing. :)

axman40
09-01-2008, 10:58 PM
The Panthers cut Labrandon Toefield , did he run all over us when he played for the Jags?

mexican_texan
09-01-2008, 11:01 PM
The way Texans seasons have gone the past years, something completely unexpected like that might happen.

The Panthers cut Labrandon Toefield , did he run all over us when he played for the Jags?
All running backs on the Jags' roster ran all over us at one point or another.

----------------
Now playing: Pearl Jam - 05 - Nothing As It Seems (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/pearl+jam/track/05+-+nothing+as+it+seems)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

J-Russ
09-01-2008, 11:11 PM

Me too. At first I thought Slaton would have a big year, but his current injury might set him back afew. I think Green might come in the first couple of week and cement his job as starter for the year... or atleast til he's hurt.

http://www.nfl.com/players/ahmangreen/profile?id=GRE035797

You take a look at Ahman's second to last year in GB. He started the same amount of game as he did in his first year as a Texans. He was worst statistically that year, then he was last year. The next year he had a "comeback player" sort of year, playing in 14 games and rushing for over a thousand yards. That year was also his contract year, and he did enough to fool GMs/Coaches into thinking he still had something left in the tank, and had teams bidding for his services during the off-season.

This year will be the same, he knows he's on the bubble and will most likely be released after the end of this season. So he must play well enough to fool teams once again. You may think of this year as a renewing his resume year. Not to mention the bonus he'll get for being healthy for each game. This year is the year you may very well see the re-birth of Ahman "con-artist" Green.

J-Russ
09-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Adding on, I hope to god we release Green after this season, no matter how he perform. Just draft a RB in the first day and forget about this old fart.

"fool me once, shame on me. fool me twice, shame on you."

LORK 88
09-02-2008, 03:00 AM
Depends on how fast Detroit releases Tatum Bell and we sign him. He brings something different to this team too; instead of being old and broken down, he's fast and fragile.
Step 1 of the plan is now complete . . .

Specnatz
09-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Someone mentioned this in another thread but if the Texans are going to brin in another back I do not think they will do it until after the first game because then the contract is not guaranteed for the whole season.

Dancerdog
09-02-2008, 11:44 AM
It's been running through my head too. Just watch that old s.o.b. stay healthy for the entire season and post some decent yardage. C'mon Ahman, earn some of that cash we've paid you.

Please pass the crack pipe this way because I think it could happen!