PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Saints?

jaayteetx
08-31-2008, 11:01 AM
With Gustav bearing down, looks like they could be homeless again. Think they'll play in San Antonio again? Wonder if they would play any games in Houston? Man, hurricanes suck.

Thorn
08-31-2008, 11:23 AM
I don't think the Saints will play in Houston if New Orleans is flooded again. But it would be cause for a lot talk if Reggie Bush played his home games in Houston. LOL

jaayteetx
08-31-2008, 11:32 AM
I don't think the Saints will play in Houston if New Orleans is flooded again. But it would be cause for a lot talk if Reggie Bush played his home games in Houston. LOL

I don't think it would happen either, but I checked out their schedule and there are only three dates that would interfere with Texans home games.

Sal Rosenberg
08-31-2008, 11:33 AM
i don't think the saints will play in houston if new orleans is flooded again. But it would be cause for a lot talk if reggie bush played his home games in houston. Lol

okc or sa?

J-Russ
08-31-2008, 11:39 AM
With one hurricanes destroying their city three years ago and another coming this year, maybe they should think about relocating their franchise. Surely they don't want to spend abunch of money rebuilding their stadium again, and it'll be a big distraction to the players/coaches worrying about the storm.

LA is still looking for a team, I think the Saints are a prime candidate to play there.

stingray
08-31-2008, 11:45 AM
With one hurricanes destroying their city three years ago and another coming this year, maybe they should think about relocating their franchise. Surely they don't want to spend abunch of money rebuilding their stadium again, and it'll be a big distraction to the players/coaches worrying about the storm.

LA is still looking for a team, I think the Saints are a prime candidate to play there.

The Jags are said to be the #1 target for LA.

Corrosion
08-31-2008, 12:10 PM
No matter which team they move to LA .... they will leave .... Just like those before them.

If NO is beat down again by this Gustav I could see them playing again in SA.

KEYE SUX
08-31-2008, 12:38 PM

Great post. They don't deserve an NFL team because they are located where there is potential for a natural disaster. It is a good thing that no other teams (Miami, Tampa, HOUSTON) have the chance of getting hit really hard by a hurricane. Lets move the team to LA so that there wouldn't be any chance of natural disasters like earthquakes or anything. I mean you can at least see earthquakes coming for days before unlike those pesky hurricanes that come out of nowhere.

Showtime100
08-31-2008, 01:38 PM
They are going to play in Indianapolis next week if need be. They already flew there I believe and will be practicing there during the week.

I don't think they will go to San Antonio for so much as a cup of coffee seeing how SA tried to rip the Saints right out from under NO three years ago.

jaayteetx
08-31-2008, 01:43 PM
They are going to play in Indianapolis next week if need be. They already flew there I believe and will be practicing there during the week.

I don't think they will go to San Antonio for so much as a cup of coffee seeing how SA tried to rip the Saints right out from under NO three years ago.

helluva home field advantage. way more saints fans in the se texas area, especially now with all the evacuess. why would they not consider it? would the texans be worried about the saints somehow infringing on their territory?

GlassHalfFull
08-31-2008, 01:47 PM
helluva home field advantage. way more saints fans in the se texas area, especially now with all the evacuess. why would they not consider it? would the texans be worried about the saints somehow infringing on their territory?

If I remember correctly, the Alamo Dome is not modern enough for a NFL game. They do not have to necessary HD replay abilities. So it is a no go from that standpoint.

Besides, I was a the Alamo Dome for the Alamo Bowl this year and the place is a dump. Very dirty bathrooms and it smelled.

jaayteetx
08-31-2008, 01:49 PM
If I remember correctly, the Alamo Dome is not modern enough for a NFL game. They do not have to necessary HD replay abilities. So it is a no go from that standpoint.

Besides, I was a the Alamo Dome for the Alamo Bowl this year and the place is a dump. Very dirty bathrooms and it smelled.

actually, what i meant to do, was ask about Houston as an option

Wolf
08-31-2008, 08:32 PM
They wouldn't have to change their name... city of Angels with a team of the Saints

but I think like someone said Jacksonville would seem to be the one ,but I have been known to be wrong

GuerillaBlack
08-31-2008, 09:49 PM
No matter which team they move to LA .... they will leave .... Just like those before them.

If NO is beat down again by this Gustav I could see them playing again in SA.

not sure on SA. not enough disposable income. Corporate sponsorship shouldn't be too large of a problem, but even AT&T is leaving. SA is a "poor" big city.

BSofA04
09-01-2008, 03:08 PM
I went to all three games when the Saints relocated here in 2005 and can tell you from experience that there will be some fan intrest, but I highly doubt they'll get the 63,000 average attendance this time around. Why waste money on a team that has no intrest in San Antonio? Why do we have to be a safety net for Benson to continue to line his pockets? Unless the Saints are playing a premium opponent, forget it. At least in 2005, Benson was going to move the team before Tagliabue shot him down.

And I don't agree that San Antonio doesn't have enough corporate support. Seemed to me like most major corporations in this city stepped up when the NFL came to town. IMHO, SA is just a football town so if anyone should be worried about losing sponsership it should be the Spurs (but that won't happen).

I say keep the Saints in Baton Rouge and let Louisiana deal with them. Wasn't that part of their comeback...building an image as Louisiana's team?

Ryan
09-01-2008, 03:58 PM
I think Motley Crue's new song "Saints of Los Angeles" might me hinting more than we think.