PDA

View Full Version : Protect the football

gtexan02
08-27-2008, 12:12 PM
The new moto of the Texans training camp.

Coaches always talk about winning the turnover battle and giving yourself a chance to win the game. There was an interesting article written about winning the turnover battle, and given our new "protect the football" mantra, I thought it was a sign of good things to come:

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/nwsltr/sports/fromthe50/stories/082708dnspoinsidethenfl.1449ffce.html?nl

The 16 teams with a positive turnover ratio this decade have combined for 62 playoff spots. The 16 teams with a negative turnover ratio have combined for 34 playoff spots. Take care of the football from September through December and you give yourself a chance in January.

moonmoon
08-28-2008, 03:19 AM
Protect the football!!

Sideline
08-28-2008, 05:30 AM
All over the back of our shorts when we are in shells.

Cjeremy635
08-28-2008, 08:22 AM
It's a given and that's why I always get nervous when Jacoby gets the ball. I find myself holding my breath until the play is over and expecting the worst when he gets the ball. I also noticed that when he returned the ball last game, he holds the ball way too far away from his body. It's just dangling there in his outstretched arm for someone to strip away. Besides being stripped, one decent blow would dislodge that thing because there's nothing holding it pressed to his body. He's got to work on that. I really like him and think he's got some potential, but he's on a downward swing right now and I think it's mainly due to his confindence.