Ahman Green
Steve Slaton
Chris Taylor (FB/RB)
Darius Walker

FB: Leach

Jackie Chiles
08-24-2008, 02:35 AM
Is it too late to cut Green and pick up Kevin Jones?:cool:

Yeah that list looks exactly right, the only thing that could change it imo is some RB getting cut from another squad that the management really takes a liking to. Honestly though we should be ok there with that crew.

Carr Bombed
08-24-2008, 03:32 AM
Does anybody else think Chris Taylor is going to be this years Ron Dayne? (not as bad though) He still doesn't look like he's completely gotten back that burst that he had before his knee injury. Hopefully he just needs to knock off some more rust........because frankly I'm not counting on shhh from "Ahhhh man not again" Green.

Malloy
08-24-2008, 04:44 AM
How does this look?

In no order:

Ahman Green
Steve Slaton
Chris Taylor (FB/RB)
Darius Walker

I wondered how many posts I would have to go through before seeing those players on a list. Not many :)

ObsiWan
08-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Does anybody else think Chris Taylor is going to be this years Ron Dayne? (not as bad though) He still doesn't look like he's completely gotten back that burst that he had before his knee injury. Hopefully he just needs to knock off some more rust........because frankly I'm not counting on shhh from "Ahhhh man not again" Green.

yeah... if you mean, he's the one who'll get the carries as Ahman collects his check for keeping the trainers busy.

The difference is, our change-of-pace guy actually has speed with the potential to be a home run hitter.

Kaiser Toro
08-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Green
Brown
Slaton
Walker

Leach
Taylor

HJam72
08-24-2008, 08:31 AM
I agree that we will use four running backs on opening day:

Green--one play and out for season.
Brown--the rest of the first series and out for 5 games or more.
The rest will be Walker and Slaton.

PS-Don't laugh. It's not funny. :mad:

Spike
08-24-2008, 09:48 AM
I don't see how we keep both Green and Brown. If both of these guys make the team, I will be extremely disappointed. At this point, I might even take my chances with Taylor, Slaton and Walker...it may not be spectacular, but it should be solid and with one full season of snaps we will know what we have.

Thorn
08-24-2008, 12:16 PM
I don't see how we keep both Green and Brown. If both of these guys make the team, I will be extremely disappointed. At this point, I might even take my chances with Taylor, Slaton and Walker...it may not be spectacular, but it should be solid and with one full season of snaps we will know what we have.

Honestly I don't want either Green or Brown on the team, but it's likely one, or God forbid, both will make the team. I too will not be happy if we keep both those broken down RBs.

gary
08-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Me either.

Beer and Metal
08-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Dopey, Pokey, Benchy, and Rookie.

Lucky
08-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Dopey, Pokey, Benchy, and Rookie.
Do you really think Cook will make the opening day roster?

NBT
08-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Halt, Lame, Rook, and Grumpy.

Ryan
08-24-2008, 02:25 PM
I hope that we freakin cut Green. He is worthless in my opinion.

The depth chart should look like this:

Slaton
Taylor
Brown
Walker

gary
08-24-2008, 03:02 PM
We shall cut Green.

Hervoyel
08-24-2008, 03:24 PM

I thought he was starting to pick it up against the Cowboys. It may be a few more weeks before we see his best and I'm thinking that's ok. It will be a cold day in hell before we see Ahman Green play an entire game as a Texan and Chris Brown might not even make it out of camp at the rate he's going.

In comparison Chris Taylor taking a few weeks longer than we'd hoped to knock the rust off is actually pretty minor.

gary
08-24-2008, 03:26 PM
D Train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RasTaofarI
08-25-2008, 02:20 AM
1. Slaton
2. Walker
3. Taylor

Leach

with money to throw at tiki & ronde's brother

whiskeyrbl
08-25-2008, 05:50 AM
How does this look?

In no order:

Ahman Green
Steve Slaton
Chris Taylor (FB/RB)
Darius Walker

Does it for me.

nunusguy
08-25-2008, 10:18 AM
I dunno, but isn't there a good chance one of our backs for the season opener could be a pick up from another team making their 53-man roster ?

HOU-TEX
08-25-2008, 10:28 AM
I thought he was starting to pick it up against the Cowboys. It may be a few more weeks before we see his best and I'm thinking that's ok. It will be a cold day in hell before we see Ahman Green play an entire game as a Texan and Chris Brown might not even make it out of camp at the rate he's going.

In comparison Chris Taylor taking a few weeks longer than we'd hoped to knock the rust off is actually pretty minor.

I agree. I think there's more speed for Taylor to regain. His performance is night and day compared to the Denver game.

Honestly, I kinda wish we would've run the ball a little more in those first two series.

mancunian
08-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Do you really think Cook will make the opening day roster?

Isn't this is his third season? How the heck did he manage to get onto the roster the previous 2?? :gun:

Specnatz
08-25-2008, 01:56 PM
I kinda chuckle at all these that say Walker has to make the team cause before OTA and training camp everyone was wanting to write him off. Sure he is not the fastest guy or the biggest guy but he does know all facets of the game and can actually block and pick up a blitz (unlike Taylor).

If he the stud we want, no of course not be he is a valuable commodity on this team and almost every other team in the league.

The Pencil Neck
08-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Isn't this is his third season? How the heck did he manage to get onto the roster the previous 2?? :gun:

He was the starting FB the first year. And the second year, he played ST.

Insideop
08-25-2008, 08:03 PM
How does this look?

In no order:

Ahman Green
Steve Slaton
Chris Taylor (FB/RB)
Darius Walker

Yeah, that looks about right, and with Abbate going to the PS in case we lose Leach. As for Brown, I don't see how he'll make this team. He's shown nothing that I can see. Maybe he has more talent than Walker or Taylor, but that talent does you no good if you're always sitting in the whirlpool. JMHO!

valleytexfan
08-28-2008, 02:04 AM
...and now with Ahman's restructuring....

The Pencil Neck
08-28-2008, 02:13 AM
...and now with Ahman's restructuring....

I didn't reply to this thread but I had said in another one (before the Dallas game) that it was going to be:

RB: Green, Taylor, Slaton, Walker

And to me, this move puts an exlamation point on that. UNLESS Brown goes out in the Bucc game and lights them up a few times. And I don't even think he'll play.

EDIT: Here's the post in the Roster thread. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=981255&postcount=3)