PDA

View Full Version : The I hate Dickie Injustice Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

b0ng
12-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Why would he ever talk to a reporter not named Michael Smith? If I was him, I wouldnt. They killed him from day one, and then tried to give him no credit when he got better. Did Justice really mean he was "on his side" from day one? Really?

No the article written with a tongue-in-cheek slant twoards irony. Anybody who writes an article about mario saying they were with him since day 1 is a liar or Michael Smith.

SteveSlaton20
12-17-2008, 10:17 AM
The Cowboys own us, but then so do the Rangers and Mavericks.

How did he get employed as a Houston sports writer? He obviously not a fan of Houston sports team and it showed with that comment. You guys should email the editor and tell him to fire his ass.

yeah, he is an idi0t.

Texans_Chick
12-17-2008, 10:18 AM
I was at Reliant Stadium. Some people booed Mario and some people cheered.

I wish that was reported accurately. That might have to go up on the blog.

Texan_Bill
12-17-2008, 10:24 AM
I was at Reliant Stadium. Some people booed Mario and some people cheered.

I wish that was reported accurately. That might have to go up on the blog.

Some of us were still too numb to cheer or boo after hearing on the radio (the night before) that the Texans were going to select Mario..

Specnatz
12-17-2008, 10:28 AM
[Yeah, he's tough to deal with as far as dealing with the media.--Richard]

[He has been tough to deal with. It's not just me either. You can check with others on this and correct me if you find out I'm wrong. He was absolutely great today, though. Funny. Talkative. His personality really came through. If the Texans get really good, he has a chance to be a commercial star if he choses to be. He even joked, ''I told you so.'' Hey, you use a lot of bad words. That's a good way to irritate me, and I know you wouldn't want to do that.--Richard]

Could it be that for the first three years of his career he had individuals like you writing hateful, spiteful, and unprofessional things. Maybe he did not like being called a bust before ever playing a down. He seems very happy to do talk to Jim Rome, but not you, have you thought about that he just does not like you. Now why would anyone not like a condescending person who acts like they know it all and when proven wrong throw insults.

Mario has acted better than most of us would when faced with the opportunity to actually fire back at the amount of unfair criticism and attacks he has. We all know how you react to criticism and when someone proves you wrong, you insult them. Mario has just refused to do interviews, he is taking the high road.

Once again he is proving to be the better man.

My response .. which is what he wants but oh well I only read his shit when listed here.

Texans_Chick
12-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Mario Williams is a quiet guy from a very small town in North Carolina. No matter what his start was with any team, he wasn't likely going to be the best quote ever.

Most of his dealings with the media haven't resulted in good things. His ESPN cover story his rookie year was a joke and the local media were basically rooting for him to fail.

His dealings with the media remind me of another small town NC guy, Julius Peppers. For all the success Peppers has had, he is not a media guy.

To complain that Mario isn't friendly with the media is like complaining that libraries are quiet. He is just a quiet guy who basically has been burnt by most of the people who write about him.

GlassHalfFull
12-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Mario Williams is a quiet guy from a very small town in North Carolina. No matter what his start was with any team, he wasn't likely going to be the best quote ever.

Most of his dealings with the media haven't resulted in good things. His ESPN cover story his rookie year was a joke and the local media were basically rooting for him to fail.

His dealings with the media remind me of another small town NC guy, Julius Peppers. For all the success Peppers has had, he is not a media guy.

To complain that Mario isn't friendly with the media is like complaining that libraries are quiet. He is just a quiet guy who basically has been burnt by most of the people who write about him.

TC, you probably have the most personal experience with RJ of anyone on the mb. Is he really as conceited as he comes off in his columns?

I can't imagine why he is surprised that sports figures in Houston don't want to talk to him. He has thrown the majority of them under the bus.

Texan_Bill
12-17-2008, 11:13 AM
TC, you probably have the most personal experience with RJ of anyone on the mb. Is he really as conceited as he comes off in his columns?

I can't imagine why he is surprised that sports figures in Houston don't want to talk to him. He has thrown the majority of them under the bus.

I think Steph had a PPO filed against Dickie for his insistent stalking of her.

BigBull17
12-17-2008, 11:18 AM
No the article written with a tongue-in-cheek slant twoards irony. Anybody who writes an article about mario saying they were with him since day 1 is a liar or Michael Smith.

He seems like an ass hat who would claim to have loved the pick from day one. Ala John McClain

Mailman
12-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Too many people make the mistake of taking Justice seriously. He is a joke of a muckraking sports journalist and he knows it. He is less concerned with being consistent or correct than he is with being an infotainer for the Chronicle's website, with an eye on an ESPN TV gig.

Many of the comments in his blog are hilarious because the commenters can't pick up on the dripping sarcasm. Justice is making fun of himself, only to turn the fun on the commenters who don't get it.

He's playing them all.

DocBar
12-17-2008, 09:48 PM
If Justice found a loaded "dick", he'd blow his head off.

DocBar
12-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Speaking of which, how's this for talking out of both ends of your A**??
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2008/12/the_texans_are_1.html

Texans_Chick
12-17-2008, 10:32 PM

I do not know him at all nor do I understand him. Generally, I like what he does on the radio better than what he does in his columns. Story telling versus trying to provide analysis. Story telling-good; Analysis-pukeworthy. I think he is a hard worker, but that some of his columns may be the product of doing too much. Few people are good at everything, and often people are asked to do things that are out of their element.

I think he is more in the business of doing entertaining writing and less on providing factual information. He takes so many positions on things he can't keep them straight.

For example, he says in his recent blog post that midway through Mario Williams rookie season, he said he was wrong about the pick. That is not correct. As recent as November of last year, he was saying that Williams was doing a good impression of a 6th round pick. This I know because it was so shockingly stupid for a columnist of a major newspaper to say such a thing, even if they were a total Longhorn homer.

From what I can tell, he can be a charming human being but is also thin skinned and insecure. His analysis is totally defined by how nice people are to him. Media friendly or unfriendly. He lays off guys who are good quotes, even if they are playing like crap, and is more likely to not give a guy a benefit of the doubt if they don't kissy kissy with him. We all have blindspots.

The conceited thing is a schtick. An artifice. That, combined with potstirring, is what he is about. That's one way to do things, I suppose. In an era of page hits, there's a lot to be said for that.

I never wanted to get sideways with RJ. There's all sorts of people I disagree with about things, but I don't want things to get disagreeable. I'm just someone who is looking for factual information and analysis that makes sense about my favorite team.

DocBar
12-17-2008, 10:36 PM
I do not know him at all nor do I understand him. Generally, I like what he does on the radio better than what he does in his columns. Story telling versus trying to provide analysis. Story telling-good; Analysis-pukeworthy. I think he is a hard worker, but that some of his columns may be the product of doing too much. Few people are good at everything, and often people are asked to do things that are out of their element.

I think he is more in the business of doing entertaining writing and less on providing factual information. He takes so many positions on things he can't keep them straight.

For example, he says in his recent blog post that midway through Mario Williams rookie season, he said he was wrong about the pick. That is not correct. As recent as November of last year, he was saying that Williams was doing a good impression of a 6th round pick. This I know because it was so shockingly stupid for a columnist of a major newspaper to say such a thing, even if they were a total Longhorn homer.

From what I can tell, he can be a charming human being but is also thin skinned and insecure. His analysis is totally defined by how nice people are to him. Media friendly or unfriendly. He lays off guys who are good quotes, even if they are playing like crap, and is more likely to not give a guy a benefit of the doubt if they don't kissy kissy with him. We all have blindspots.

The conceited thing is a schtick. An artifice. That, combined with potstirring, is what he is about. That's one way to do things, I suppose. In an era of page hits, there's a lot to be said for that.

I never wanted to get sideways with RJ. There's all sorts of people I disagree with about things, but I don't want things to get disagreeable. I'm just someone who is looking for factual information and analysis that makes sense about my favorite team.
Tactfully said. You must think he reads these posts. He might. Who Cares?

dtran04
12-17-2008, 10:52 PM
Honestly if I were Mario, I wouldn't talk to a single Houston reporter. The fact that AJ brings up how badly Mario was treated by the media and the fans speaks volumes.

On another note, I notice Schaub kinda has a me against the world attitude too. I don't think he's oblivious to the fact that fans wanted him kicked to the curb.

Texans_Chick
12-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Tactfully said. You must think he reads these posts. He might. Who Cares?

Not likely. But I do know if you write enough words, eventually you will write ones that you regret. He's a human being. Instead of ticking him off, I'd prefer for him to write things that weren't rollercoastery. That things are either totally suck or totally swell. And unless you are writing about a team that can do no wrong or no right, usually that sort of analysis is going to miss the mark.

I would completely not care about what he writes at all except for the fact that the Chronicle is the source where most fans locally and nationally get their news about the Texans. So when he says something completely offbase, it increases misinformation out there.

For example, the other day he wrote something about how Kubiak didn't call plays for the Broncos. And when someone on his blog busted him on that, he semi-backtracked and said that Kubiak didn't act like a traditional coordinator and didn't develop game plans.

That I know is completely and utterly false. It is either a lie or he is totally mistaken. And if he is uncertain of something, he shouldn't act like he is certain.

BuffaloglennTX
12-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Honestly if I were Mario, I wouldn't talk to a single Houston reporter. The fact that AJ brings up how badly Mario was treated by the media and the fans speaks volumes.

On another note, I notice Schaub kinda has a me against the world attitude too. I don't think he's oblivious to the fact that fans wanted him kicked to the curb.

Some fans wanted him kicked to the curb; at the Miami game when he was booed, it wasn't the whole stadium but probably one third booing, with the usual Houston pile-oners and cattle then booing too. I was flipping off most of the fans around me at that game who started calling for Sage. What a bunch of idiots.

I do agree though that Matt does have a chip on his shoulder, which I think actually has helped his play this year.

BigBull17
12-18-2008, 08:18 AM
[Yeah, he's tough to deal with as far as dealing with the media.--Richard]

[He has been tough to deal with. It's not just me either. You can check with others on this and correct me if you find out I'm wrong. He was absolutely great today, though. Funny. Talkative. His personality really came through. If the Texans get really good, he has a chance to be a commercial star if he choses to be. He even joked, ''I told you so.'' Hey, you use a lot of bad words. That's a good way to irritate me, and I know you wouldn't want to do that.--Richard]

Could it be that for the first three years of his career he had individuals like you writing hateful, spiteful, and unprofessional things. Maybe he did not like being called a bust before ever playing a down. He seems very happy to do talk to Jim Rome, but not you, have you thought about that he just does not like you. Now why would anyone not like a condescending person who acts like they know it all and when proven wrong throw insults.

Mario has acted better than most of us would when faced with the opportunity to actually fire back at the amount of unfair criticism and attacks he has. We all know how you react to criticism and when someone proves you wrong, you insult them. Mario has just refused to do interviews, he is taking the high road.

Once again he is proving to be the better man.

My response .. which is what he wants but oh well I only read his shit when listed here.

Thats because ROme manned up and publicly apologized to Mario for being an ***** and thinking it was Bowie/Jordan.

Wolf
12-28-2008, 11:14 PM
He wants us to hug a Cowboy fan

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2008/12/be_happy_for_th.html

Wolf
12-29-2008, 09:10 AM
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2008/12/our_texans_on_t.html

Our Texans are on the threshold of greatness

The Texans finish out another successful season Sunday afternoon. I don't know about you, but I'm already looking forward to training camp next July. One thing we can all agree on is that this franchise has turned a corner and is headed toward the playoffs in 2009.

There's still a couple of small holes to fill, but this core group will be taking this city on quite a ride next fall. I don't know about you, but I never doubted they'd get there. At this critical time, the important thing is to remain supportive.

Bob McNair needs to know you're in his corner. So renew those season tickets. Keep the dollars flowing in. If some team wants to steal Coach Kubiak and GM Smith away, McNair must have the resources to keep his management team together.

a flipping fish

nunusguy
12-29-2008, 09:19 AM
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2008/12/our_texans_on_t.html

a flipping fish
Not really, he's pitchin.
In case you didn't hear, we're in an economic downturn, a real nasty one and
many people are getting in the unemployment lines. And the newspaper business has been especially hard-hit so Richie is just rying to stir things up to sell papers.

Wolf
02-19-2009, 02:39 AM
I refuse to post on the his thread and I really don't like reading his stuff. (but here I am again). It is all about getting the "hits" on his page

I know it is not right to post the whole thing and if this gets shortened, I understand, but my thinking is that he won't get the hits if I post the whole thing and you can all read it here instead

The Texans could learn a lot from the Astros in terms of public relations and dealing with a crisis.

When the Texans got caught cheating, they hid from the truth. Bob McNair, Gary Kubiak and Rick Smith continue to hide, hoping their problems will go away.

They must think that when they show their faces again, all will be forgotten. Even if they talk to one of their corporate media partners at 610 or Channel 13, it's likely to come up. The Texans are doing nothing to move past the story.

The Astros took a different approach this morning when Miguel Tejada showed up at spring training.

First, right in front of the media, he walked into a meeting with Drayton McLane and Cecil Cooper.

Then McLane met with the media and answered all the questions, including some tough ones.

''This is a tough issue, but you have to work your way through it,'' McLane said. '' If you look back to the entire steroid issue, this is a very controversial and complex issue. It wasn't just one occurrence. It's something that has been in baseball for a period of time. We're trying to bring a conclusion to all of this.''

Cooper then opened his door and spoke of Tejada speaking to the entire team this morning.

Tejada spoke to the media for 4 minutes, 39 seconds. Give him credit for one thing. Instead of denying using steroids or human growth hormone, he declined to discuss it.

''I don't have to talk about that,'' Tejada said. ''I just want to talk about what's going to happen from now on.''

In the dirty world of baseball and performance-enhancing drugs, that statement qualified as a step forward.

The Astros have made mistakes in this thing. Contrary to his previous statements, McLane admitted the Astros had discussed whether Tejada would be in the Mitchell Report before trading for him.

McLane also answered questions about whether it was reasonable to think Tejada gave two checks totaling $6,300 for HGH and then threw both shipments away.

''It's hard to judge what somebody else did,'' McLane said. ''Whether he did or did not, you have to go by what people say to you. The testing to what I know is he has never tested positive. You're trying to make a tough judgment on someone else and what their word is. We just need to work our way through it.''

Cooper spoke of the club wrapping its arms Tejada and creating the best possible work environment.

''You get a chance to get in the clubhouse, get with your teammates, get support from your teammates, staff members,'' Cooper said. ''We have a unique family. I think he'll deal with this the way he has dealt with everything. He's a class person and will handle it first-rate and we'll move beyond this. I'm just happy that he's here. Hopefully, he can get this all done today and be done with it. We're supportive of Miggy, and we love him as a teammate. We're glad to have him here.''

This is Public Relations 101.

''He admitted he made a major mistake,'' McLane said. ''Throughout all of our lives, mistakes are made from time to time. If you look into a person's heart and the type of person he has been before that and the way he has lived his life, his thoughtfulness, his respect for other people and for baseball is among the best I've ever seen.''

This story may not have ended today. But when faced with tough circumstances, the Astros did exactly the right thing. They confronted the issue head on. Are you listening, Texans?

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2009/02/the_texans_coul.html

Malloy
02-19-2009, 06:55 AM
Oh dear, the moron is at it again. I'm not sure I've ever seen a 'journalist' with such a grudge against someone, it's past the point of being rediculous. There are so many things wrong with that snippet that I won't even start to address it :)

GlassHalfFull
03-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Just to really piss me off. Little Dickie Justice won the Texas Sportswriter of the Year award from the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.

This is really ridiculous (http://www.nssahalloffame.com/86/index.aspx)

TimeKiller
03-10-2009, 01:13 PM
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!

f 'em.

Brando
03-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Well, with Mark Berman they got it right but not so much with Justice.

Congrats to Mark Berman!

disaacks3
03-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Just to really piss me off. Little Dickie Justice won the Texas Sportswriter of the Year award from the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.

First it was Al Gore getting a Nobel Prize and now this... It's starting to get chilly in Hades.

mussop
03-10-2009, 08:26 PM

UNBELEIVABLE!!!!!!!!!! This award just lost all credibility. RJ is a POS! I dont care if he does read this.

False Start
03-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Maybe they felt sorry for him, being that hes mentally handicapped and all.

Malloy
03-11-2009, 04:53 AM

Texas suck, specifically Journalistic-wise. Any more comments from me on this topic should go in the no-sportstalk allowed section :)

TimeKiller
03-16-2009, 08:07 AM
I had to bring this back just because I've never seen anybody have more hatred for Richard Justice than this guy

Random Nerdly Facts. A light-year is roughly 5,866,000,000,000 miles. At that speed, it would still take you 100,000 years just to get across our own little galaxy. We are one of at least 200 billion galaxies and the closest one to our own, Andromeda, is about 2.2 million light-years away. Yet, oddly, even if you could explore all of that area, you’d still have a hard time finding a more overrated drop of monkeyjizz than Richard Justice.

Pretty epic burn. www.atexansblog.com some funny stuff including a photo essay on Richard Justice.

Specnatz
03-16-2009, 11:35 AM
I had to bring this back just because I've never seen anybody have more hatred for Richard Justice than this guy

Pretty epic burn. www.atexansblog.com some funny stuff including a photo essay on Richard Justice.

Which story are you referring to because you link a dozen of them?

I finally found it a few stories down the page.

Here is the link to the story versus the main page that has a bunch of them.

http://www.atexansblog.com/2009/03/12/you-ever-feel-like-youre-neglecting-a-blog/

This is one of Matt's random thought pieces where he goes off on just random stuff.

Matt
03-16-2009, 07:44 PM

I was going to say it's not really hatred, but then I realized, yeah, it is.

Thanks for the link.

ESAD2-14
04-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Have any of you checked out Dickie J's latest blog entry and comments to some of the reader responses? Not to revive a redundant thread about a certified douche nozzle, but I recognized some of the names he responded as posters from here (most notably aj, and others, his responses to aj were particularly scathing and childish). He (Justice) did get called out on not knowing about Dunta's offer from the Texans that got turned down. Anyway if you feel like having anymore of a reason to scratch your head as to why Lil' Dickie was given any sort of award, read his responses. You would figure that of all places that would want to enforce the, "if you wouldn't say it in real life, don't post it online", rule it would be a newspaper telling it's employees not to piss off the readers & subscribers.

P.S. - he is still crying about Texans GM Rick Smith (an unhealthy obsession)

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2009/04/well_soon_know.html

The Pencil Neck
04-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Have any of you checked out Dickie J's latest blog entry and comments to some of the reader responses? Not to revive a redundant thread about a certified douche nozzle, but I recognized some of the names he responded as posters from here (most notably aj, and others, his responses to aj were particularly scathing and childish). He (Justice) did get called out on not knowing about Dunta's offer from the Texans that got turned down. Anyway if you feel like having anymore of a reason to scratch your head as to why Lil' Dickie was given any sort of award, read his responses. You would figure that of all places that would want to enforce the, "if you wouldn't say it in real life, don't post it online", rule it would be a newspaper telling it's employees not to piss off the readers & subscribers.

P.S. - he is still crying about Texans GM Rick Smith (an unhealthy obsession)

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2009/04/well_soon_know.html

I think I'm on a spam block or something with him. For one of his previous blog entries, I responded... with something actually not anti-Justice... and the post was immediately rejected with some message about being blocked from posting on his blog or something. I haven't tried to post since then.

The guy is an idjit.

Big Lou
04-05-2009, 09:10 PM
I don't know why maybe because it's kinda slow expect for the June, and Buster signings, but I read Richard the Idiots latest pile o'crap.

He stated that the Texans didn't have anyone up to the level of Peyton Manning or Ben Rothlesblunder. Are you freakin kidding me!!!!!! Apparently he hasn't heard a guy named Andre Johnson. Yeh yeh Manning isn't too shabby, but I'll take AJ over Little Ben any day. AJ is arguably the best reciever in the game today, and may prove to be one of the greatest ever. Ben Rothlesblunder isn't even a top 5 QB in the NFL.

OK, I don't know why I expect anything different from Justice, but he needs his Man Card pulled!!!!!!

Lucky
04-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Have any of you checked out Dickie J's latest blog entry and comments to some of the reader responses? Not to revive a redundant thread about a certified douche nozzle, but I recognized some of the names he responded as posters from here (most notably aj, and others, his responses to aj were particularly scathing and childish).
I stopped reading his columns altogether. I occasionally read the blog after it's linked here. I just read his response to aj's comment and was floored. If you're not going to treat your readers' responses with a modicum of respect, why bother to comment on them at all?

Now, I'll include Justice's blog on my "Don't bother" list along with his worthless columns.

TEXANRED
04-05-2009, 10:14 PM
I stopped reading his columns altogether. I occasionally read the blog after it's linked here. I just read his response to aj's comment and was floored. If you're not going to treat your readers' responses with a modicum of respect, why bother to comment on them at all?

Now, I'll include Justice's blog on my "Don't bother" list along with his worthless columns.

I doubt it gets posted but I shot back with this:

Wow, you really live up to your first name. You do know who that aj fellow you blasted for living in his mom's basement is right? Also, this is Houston, we don't have basements. But why would I expect you to know that when it appears you know nothing else that you speak of either. There are reasons why there is an entire thread over on some Texans MB dedicated to disliking you. I will give you this, your baseball stuff is spot on and enjoy that portion of your job. But maybe you should stop writing about anything football and let us professionals do that for you. Sometimes you make yourself look silly and I am embarrassed for you.
Posted by TEXANRED at April 5, 2009 10:04 PM

Wolf
04-05-2009, 10:58 PM
if job security is doing more than you are getting paid. I imagine (or hope) justice is on intern pay... geeze, I have read a few things by him, but if this is the best the chronicle can offer, I can't imagine anyone buying the paper for the sports columns... hell Kerrville paper has better writing than this.... Is it safe for me to compare Justice to AIG....too big to fail (in the eyes of the chronicle?)

dskillz
04-06-2009, 01:10 PM
With the availablity of so much information to the fans, the sports writers find themselves in a weird situation. You have writers who only cover games and disperse facts are fine, but most "columnists" don't take advantage of their situation.

They have access to the coaches, owners, players, etc. and see every game. Yet writers like Justice seem to want to write nonsense. Today he might write that Kubiak is an *****, next day he will write he is a genius. He has the axe to grind with Cecil Cooper, yet will write how the Astros clubhouse is in great shape. His columns are generally fluff pieces that are dictated by which way the winds are blowing at the time.

I will not discount the history the Justice has lived through. I won't discount that he actually does have knowledge, but I do feel that his ego writes his columns, not his brain. He wants his ego stroked so whatever he writes whatever he thinks the masses will agree with at the time.

Polo
04-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Richard Justice has a thread on TexansTalk.com that's 15 pages long and is all about him.

He won.

Texans_Chick
04-06-2009, 02:46 PM
I am going to cut and paste some of the comments here because in the past he has selectively altered and/or deleted what he has written:

It seems like you are trying to start controversy where there is none.

[You are over-estimating my power. The Texans don't care what I write. They simply don't care. The players may care. I know the players look at the local media in two categories: (a) those that suck up to management and (b) those that don't give a damn whether Bob McNair and Rick Smith like them. Two prominent players are skipping the off-season program. That's worth commenting on. Team-building begins at this time of the year. Not only that, if players see two of the team's best players treated badly, they'll know what's in store for them. This seems to be an unnecessary fight.--Richard]
Posted by: Patrick at April 2, 2009 07:39 PM

Richard, I think you should respond to Marc's comment.
You're an excellent writer, but your blog posts are too often reaching in order to be something more provocative. There's ample substantive sports stories to discuss. Stick to that.

[What did Rick Smith do to Dunta Robinson? He lied to him for one thing. Franchising a player limits his ability to negotiate. Players have very few chances at free agency. Beyond that, players have to feel good about the negotiating process.--Richard]
Posted by: Frank at April 2, 2009 08:13 PM

"When a player signs a deal, he's guaranteed only the signing bonus."
Not true. Eric Winston's base salary of $2 million in '09 is fully guaranteed (one example of many).
NFL teams (for a good while) have been using guaranteed base at the front end of contracts to supplement the 'total guaranteed' value of the contract.

Posted by: aj at April 3, 2009 06:31 AM

I agree with Rich but I must remind everyone Mr. McNair is full aware of what was offered and what should be offered and Rick Smith is merely an extension of the man he works for, true enough he might advise the Boss on what to do but I assure it is within the scope of the onwer's desire to maintain a certain profit margin and if they can get by for now do it. They are not too concern about what type of team they place on the field as long as the Propaganda parade continues to give the fans the look of progress and giving hope to the future which will in turn put butts in the seats in which the price of just went up, it's all mapped out and planned and the envelope will be pushed to the very last second before thwy are forced to do something. Why on earth did they stick with that first group of pretenders that started up the team. With a tight fisted onwer you have to at least get the best coach possible who can make marginal players look good.
Posted by: The Source at April 3, 2009 08:52 AM
[What did Rick Smith do to Dunta Robinson? He lied to him for one thing. Franchising a player limits his ability to negotiate. Players have very few chances at free agency. Beyond that, players have to feel good about the negotiating process.--Richard]

Uh, enlighten me, is voluntary some kind of Orwellian NFL doublespeak for mandatory? Since when is missing something that's voluntary a big deal? It's not like Ryans and Robinson have to prove anything to make the team. They're set. They have their contracts. I'd take a few weeks off, too. Air conditioned bubble or not, those team building two-a-days coming up in humid Houston August heat are going to be brutal.
As far as the money, DeMeco and Daunte could buy an F-16 fighter jet (14.6 mil a pop for the F-16A/B variants) with enough left over for airfuel and fuzzy dice, but short of boycotting the NFL entirely, what I, you and Richard Justice think and do about the system is irrelevent.

[Well, the Texans do have a new defensive coordinator, and there is that whole we're-a-team deal. I think you should write Gary Kubiak and ask if he thinks it's important for his players to be there. I'm guessing you won't find one person with the Texans that doesn't think these things are important. If I had to guess, I'd guess Dunta Robinson will be traded. I don't know if even Rick Smith has the guts to trade DeMeco. No matter what happens, Bob McNair will stand by with a blank look on his face.--Richard]
Posted by: Joe C. at April 3, 2009 10:32 AM

It seems to me that if Dunta decided to turn down 23 million dollars guaranteed, then he is not interested in staying in a Texan uniform. If he doesn't want to play here, then trade him. I'm not sure what the problem with DeMeco is but I think they should bend over backwards to get him signed, along with Owen Daniels.

[Where is this report that Dunta turned down $23 million coming from?--Richard]
Posted by: rb60 at April 3, 2009 02:20 PM

More on next post.....

Texans_Chick
04-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Ask McClain. He is not the only one who has reported it.

[I don't believe that was ever reported.--Richard]
Posted by: rb60 at April 3, 2009 03:35 PM

I do wish you'd ask the question everyone here seems to be asking you...With $23 mil guaranteed(top five $) being rejected by a CB coming off major injury on an 8-8 team...how much is your next offer and is Dunta worth it?

[I've been promised the details of the offer. I'll have them sometime next week. I'm not going to guess or trust the reporting of others. Chris Gamble's $53-million deal is the benchmark. I don't believe Dunta would turn that deal down.--Richard]
Posted by: Mr. Smith at April 3, 2009 03:52 PM

Geez... we've all known Dunta got offered $23 Million guaranteed since February 20th when John McClain reported it on Sports Radio 610.
You mean you wrote this whole thing having no idea that he got offered Chris Gamble money? You really need to start sucking up to Rick Smith!

[He wasn't offered Chris Gamble money, and I don't believe John has reported he was offered Chris Gamble money. I don't think the Texans have ever said he was offered Chris Gamble money.--Richard]
Posted by: WhiskeyR at April 3, 2009 06:47 PM

"Although neither side will discuss specifics of the offer, it is known the Texans were willing to pay Robinson like Carolina cornerback Chris Gamble." ... John McClain, Feb. 20
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6273910.html
McClain went further on the radio and said that the offer exceeded Gamble's (in guaranteed money). I'm sure I wasn't the only one that heard it.
p.s., Don't get fixated on total value. This isn't baseball. Report the guaranteed money and the years.

[The devil is in the details, my friend. I've been around NFL negotiations long enough to know there's a front side and a back side to the contracts. One side can spin an offer to be worth one amount, the other side another amount. I don't trust anyone's reporting except my own on this. In Washington, Charley Casserly twice leaked me numbers that were lies. When I printed different numbers in the newspaper, he never objected. I don't believe Dunta Robinson would have turned down Chris Gamble's contract, but I'm telling you I don't have the numbers nailed down. I'm not going to guess or say I've got numbers in the neighborhood. At some point, I'll get the numbers and give them to you. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. All I'm certain of is that Rick Smith hasn't handled this deal well. He told the player one thing and then did another.--Richard]
Posted by: aj at April 3, 2009 07:37 PM

Stick to baseball Richard your football comments are not insightful or informative. Do you think Rick Smith would help you change a flat tire if he saw you stuck on the side of I-10 halfway between Houston and San Antonio? Unless your with triple A I think you would be stranded for a while.

[And why is that important? Is that what you think my job is? You think I'm supposed to suck up to the GM? Get a clue, son.--Richard]Posted by: Brent at April 4, 2009 08:09 AM

Gee, I didn't realize we were friends...I don't even know you. Along with others, I was just letting you in on what your co-worker had previously reported about Dunta's offer.

[We're not friends. People like me don't befriend people like you. You have a column, right? You're a professional journalist, right? I'm more interested in what your reporting has come up with. Oh that's right, you haven't done any reporting. You steal from others and presume it's correct. Let me give you a basic journalism lesson, junior. Get out of your mother's basement and do some work of your own. If the only source you've got is someone else's work, then you should try another line of work. You people.--Richard]
Posted by: aj at April 4, 2009 08:26 AM

I think you need to take a page out of John McClain's book. He isn't always nice, he isn't even always friendly in his blogs, but he's never been actively hostile to people like this. I wish the Chronicle had higher standards, and you should be ashamed of yourself for not having them, either.

[Be sure to sign up to follow me on Twitter. You'll like me better there. That's where my real personality comes out. I'm really a nice guy. I can't believe you wouldn't like my football stuff. I believe the building of a good team begins in three areas: O-line, D-line and QB. You don't believe in that? I'm sorry, but you sound a little peculiar. Anyway, I'm sorry for my offensive and inappropriate language. If a young man is forced to sit in his mother's basement and surf the Net all day, it's probably because he's unemployed, and unemployment is no laughing matter. I should be ashamed of myself. Hey, what's the deal with announcing you're Mormon? Just between us, that's a little too much information. While we're breaking things down, the Astros have 14 white folks, 7 Latinos, 3 African Americans and 1 Japanese on their 25-man roster. I know some of you keep up with that stuff. You're the ones that write in whenever I write about race to say you're color blind, but why aren't there more white boys in the NBA? You're the same ones that fought integration, not because you're racist, but because you thought it was a states-right issue. I was raised a Presbyterian, but it's too hard to spell. I'm sure Mormonism is a nice religion and all, but I'm just not curious about your beliefs, that is, unless you think a baseball team can have too much pitching or Rick Smith is competent. At that point, you're in my wheel house, and I won't be nice to you, either.--Richard]
Posted by: MormonRick at April 4, 2009 12:08 PM

Hey mr jerkstice, do us a favor and get on disability because you are NOT able to do
your job, you only post negative things
about the team in your city. you wont
have much to grip about this year, so thats good

[I hear your mother calling. She wants you to turn that computer off and go outside and get some sunlight. She says you haven't left the baseman in four days. Now put some pants on and go take the trash out for mama. And don't think posting one comment on this blog is going to fool anyone. We know where you've been spending most of your time. You ain't reading the New Yorker.--Richard]
Posted by: D Frank at April 4, 2009 01:09 PM

No, actually I'm not a professional journalist. I don't have a credential and can't get one. I do what I do in my spare time because of the lousy local coverage we get for the Texans. To use a Paul Kuharsyism, I cover the coverage, which at times (like this) is brutal at best.
So let's sum up here. First you said the only guaranteed money in the NFL is signing bonus, which is not correct. Then you said no one had reported that Dunta had received Gamble money - which was wrong. Now you throw jr. high girl-like hissy fits and insults my way for some reason.... yep, Houston sure is lucky to have 'journalists' like you.

[The signing bonus is the only guaranteed money. Now the first-year salary and sometimes second-year salary can be represented as guaranteed money because of the salary cap hit, but it's not written into the contract as guarantee money. So you're wrong about that. Second, no one has reported the Texans' offer to Dunta Robinson. I've seen ''in the neighborhood of,'' but that doesn't tell you what the offer is. NFL contracts are complicated documents. The publicly reported figure frequently isn't accurate. I know agents that love leaking numbers to reporters when the actual value is far different. They're not lying exactly. They're spinning. Third, you represent yourself as a journalist, but you don't actually do any work other than read what others have and comment on it. Pretty good gig.--Richard]
Posted by: aj at April 6, 2009 06:36 AM

If this becomes a "... contest" between Rick Smith and Demeco and Dunta, McNair needs to step in...and then show Smith the door. We need MORE talented players...not FEWER!

[You're wrong. Bob McNair is a great owner and Rick Smith is a great GM and Gary Kubiak is a great coach and the Texans are a great organization. People put way too much emphasis on winning and losing. The Texans don't have to win to be great. They're great because their fans love them and only troublemakers point out they've been 32nd in almost everything except profits.--Richard]
Posted by: DW at April 6, 2009 12:58 PM

Re [RJ said]: "Now the first-year salary and sometimes second-year salary can be represented as guaranteed money because of the salary cap hit, but it's not written into the contract as guarantee money"
fyi, there are two lines on the Player Contract Information Form on the standard NFL player contract that show guaranteed base salary (in writing).
One line shows the amount of the Paragraph 5 salary guaranteed, if any, and another line shows the amount guaranteed, if any, relative to skill, injury or both. Both amounts are specifically written into the contract and are separately accounted from (but included in) the specified yearly cap amount.
I'm not a journalist, and I can't say that particular career path ever crossed my mind. I'm just a fan blogger that's followed the NFL and Houston sports for a long time and I do what I do in my spare time. btw, your flippant and condescending remarks make you look really bad, but none of that bothers me so I'm not sure what you're gaining by any of that. I'm actually quite shocked that you engage readers in such a way.
Looking forward to the information you promised on the Texans offer to Dunta so I can comment on it. Get to work, will ya?

[I spoke to Dunta's agent this morning. I'm sure you know him well in doing your research. Oh wait, you don't do any research. You steal from others and call it research. Nice gig. As for your understanding of a player contract, it's basically 100 percent wrong. There are specific guarantees written into contracts, but those are very unusual except for quarterbacks and some free agents. However, if the signing bonus is large enough, the contract essentially is guaranteed for the first year or so because of the cap hit. All I know for sure is that Dunta is ticked off at how this has been handled and doesn't plan on showing up.There are zero negotiations going on at the moment, and then it comes down to how far does he push it. Would he be williing to miss a game check because he's mad at the GM? A smart GM would be continuing a dialogue, but Rick Smith may not be smart.--Richard]Posted by: aj at April 6, 2009 01:11 PM

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2009/04/well_soon_know.html (http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2009/04/well_soon_know.html)

GlassHalfFull
04-06-2009, 03:12 PM
He is really on a roll, he must be off his meds again.

Thanks, TC, for posting those. I pretty much stay away from his columns for the sake of my blood pressure and I don't want to give him the page hits. But it is interesting to see he is continuing to live up to his name. (Dick Injustice)

Texans_Chick
04-06-2009, 05:50 PM
I think I'm on a spam block or something with him. For one of his previous blog entries, I responded... with something actually not anti-Justice... and the post was immediately rejected with some message about being blocked from posting on his blog or something. I haven't tried to post since then.

The guy is an idjit.

In the Chronicle blog system, I've been told I am to publish everything as is unless it contains vulgar language. Most people are cool but once in a while, some person will be disgusting. On those rare occasions, I contact the online editor to ban an IP address. It bans that address from commenting on any Chron blog.

I know of no other writer for the Chronicle who puts bans on people for non-vulgar posts. From what I've heard, Justice does it a lot. What his criteria is, I do not know. His blog, his rules, I suppose, though they are different than the rules I received on approving comments.

His bans used to be unofficial. Where he would just not publish posts that made him look bad for whatever reasons. But if you put someone on an IP address ban, the blog author don't even see the comment. It just doesn't get published and the commenter receives that message. So maybe at some time, you wrote something about Dan Riley or whatever that he really really didn't like. Then maybe he put you on IP ban even if you didn't say anything really bad.

BTW, it is worth noting this address:

E-mail your questions and comments, complaints and suggestions to the Chronicle sports staff at

sptletters@chron.com

Also:

carlton.thompson@chron.com

Though he controls who comments to his blog, he can't ban contact with everyone. If you have a complaint, if you find his comments unbecoming of a sportswriter for a major newspaper, the appropriate forum are those email contacts. If you want to be heard, be well-mannered, thoughtful and to the point.

People can make a difference one voice at a time if they care to.

:fans:

infantrycak
04-06-2009, 06:22 PM
I am going to cut and paste some of the comments here because in the past he has selectively altered and/or deleted what he has written:

More on next post.....

Wow, just wow. Before I just thought the guy sucked but now I think he actually ought to get fired. The Chronicle should not countenance that kind of behavior.

b0ng
04-06-2009, 06:50 PM
How to write a Richard Justice blog post:

1.) Half-heartedly throw some "facts" that haven't been researched and are untrue

2.) Make commenters feel as though they should come back and defend their opinions by making childish retorts when somebody calls you out.

3.) Watch page hits roll in from e-rage.

4.) Collect an undeserved paycheck.

Texans_Chick
04-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Wow, just wow. Before I just thought the guy sucked but now I think he actually ought to get fired. The Chronicle should not countenance that kind of behavior.

As expected, he has selectively deleted all of AJ's posts that made RJ look like he didn't know what he was talking about, but left all the insults in the post. It's deja vu! Or maybe deja poo!

Also deleted the part about speaking to Dunta's agent.

[I spoke to Dunta's agent this morning. I'm sure you know him well in doing your research. Oh wait, you don't do any research. You steal from others and call it research. Nice gig. As for your understanding of a player contract, it's basically 100 percent wrong. There are specific guarantees written into contracts, but those are very unusual except for quarterbacks and some free agents. However, if the signing bonus is large enough, the contract essentially is guaranteed for the first year or so because of the cap hit. All I know for sure is that Dunta is ticked off at how this has been handled and doesn't plan on showing up.There are zero negotiations going on at the moment, and then it comes down to how far does he push it. Would he be williing to miss a game check because he's mad at the GM? A smart GM would be continuing a dialogue, but Rick Smith may not be smart.--Richard]Posted by: aj at April 6, 2009 01:11 PM

Weeehaaaaaa! Freedom of the press! Freedom of expression! Truthtelling! Yes, comrades, newspapers are all about the truth. The truth as only the gatekeepers want to tell it. Pravda for everyone!!!!

He has an opinion about the news and it is journalism. You have an opinion about the news and dare share it, well then you are STEALING.

I for one am not a stealer. I am a Texan. :texflag:

HoustonFrog
04-06-2009, 06:59 PM

Agreed. How can that be acceptable. I read the comments TC posted earlier today and was stunned. Some were beyond childish and were so unprofessional I'm not sure why people would want to be accociated with a sportswriter like that.

nunusguy
04-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Dang, that's about the most voluminous series of posts I've ever seen in a single thread by someone. Has somebody got a personal vendetta with Richie ?

Texans_Chick
04-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Dang, that's about the most voluminous series of posts I've ever seen in a single thread by someone. Has somebody got a personal vendetta with Richie ?

Not me. Like AJ, I'm just looking for news about my Texans, and trying to find out what is real and what is not. Preserving the record, preserves the truth.

Texan fans deserve quality football information from those people who have access.

Heck, if I had a personal vendetta against him, I could have sued him (http://blog.kir.com/archives/2008/09/richard_justice_7.asp).

TexansFanatic
04-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Not me. Like AJ, I'm just looking for news about my Texans, and trying to find out what is real and what is not. Preserving the record, preserves the truth.

Texan fans deserve quality football information from those people who have access.

Heck, if I had a personal vendetta against him, I could have sued him (http://blog.kir.com/archives/2008/09/richard_justice_7.asp).

Too much! Good old Richie "I'm the Media" Justice. :crazy:

ESAD2-14
04-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Though he controls who comments to his blog, he can't ban contact with everyone. If you have a complaint, if you find his comments unbecoming of a sportswriter for a major newspaper, the appropriate forum are those email contacts. If you want to be heard, be well-mannered, thoughtful and to the point.

People can make a difference one voice at a time if they care to.

I did this last night before I posted on here. After having read his comments towards some of the posters @ his blog. I sent one to sptletters@chron.com (sports) as well as readerrep@chron.com (reader representative). I agree that is the best way to at least hopefully get someone to put a boot in his arse over at the Chron. I do think that he probably gets some pretty vulgar posts that we do not see, but at this point he is making his own bed by pissing off readers who are making legit posts. Unfortunately this is not his first time making insults to the people who are his target audience (sports/Texans fans).

To be clear I do not post on his blog, but as an outside observer reading through his comments he was being totally unprofessional. My issue is not with him making negative comments on the Texans, lord knows I've made plenty myself over the years. My issue is with his pompous attitude and being a total jackass to those who challenge his knowledge and some of his loony statements. His seemingly unhealthy obsession with Texans GM Rick Smith is kind of weird to.

The Dude Abides
04-06-2009, 11:01 PM

He has updated it since then.
http://blog.kir.com/archives/2009/04/is_this_really.asp

This is truly amazing Steph, way to go blow to blow and post it on here for us. I'm truly sorry you have to share the same website with him. I stopped reading his blog about 8 months ago. Sadly, it looks like he hasn't changed in his ways.

I just posted this on his blog:
"Hey Richard, what happened to all of AJ's posts. Did you sadly delete them like you did with Steph's posts awhile back? No worries, people copied them this time for everyone's enjoyment.

Keep up the fantastic journalism. When the Chron goes under in 2 years, you'll finally be able to use twitter full time and get the payment you have earned. Nothing.

http://blog.kir.com/archives/2009/04/is_this_really.asp

And to make this baseball related, the Astros looked bad tonight."

I know he won't post it, but it felt good writing it after just watching this crap unfold.

Hardcore Texan
04-06-2009, 11:28 PM

Are you blind or are you Richie himself or perhaps a relative? Take a look around at his extremely lack of decent human standards of conduct to people who rightfully call him out on his rude, inaccurate assumptions that he tries to presents as facts, even though he can't back them up with anything logical, and then belittles the same people like they have a problem or their stupid or 'below him'.

Really? You're saying someone as rational, thougtful and coherent as TC is simply just grinding an axe? Really??? That's the stance your going to take on this?

The dude needs to be railroaded out of job.....that's the justice he deserves, that or a freaking lawsuit for defamation, and I for the most part am against sueing people, but this first class a-hole deserves nothing but a good reaming.

nunusguy
04-07-2009, 06:32 AM

"I could have sued him ?" And let me see, you're a lawyer right ? Gee, why am I not surprised by that kind of mentality, that kind of solution to your problem with somebody you work with from a person in your line of work ? BTW, I went over and read that article and thought Richies comment about the rabbit was real funny. Say, did you ever mess with his car in that elevated parking-garage by the Chronicle building ?

GlassHalfFull
04-07-2009, 06:46 AM
"I could have sued him ?" And let me see, you're a lawyer right ? Gee, why am I not surprised by that kind of mentality, that kind of solution to your problem with somebody you work with from a person in your line of work ? BTW, I went over and read that article and thought Richies comment about the rabbit was real funny. Say, did you ever mess with his car in that elevated parking-garage by the Chronicle building ?

Dickie, is this you?

Texans_Chick
04-07-2009, 08:40 AM

I do not understand your hostility to me.

Yes, I'm an attorney. Suing people is NOT my solution to things. I have never sued anyone, I've defended people from suits (sometimes for free), and most of my career has been dedicated to helping people out from rightfully avoiding courts. I was contacted by an number of people who thought that I should sue him because they believed I had a legitimate cause of action. I had NO interest in doing so, I have NO interest in his money or lawsuits.

I just wanted him to stop saying on the radio and in his blog disparaging remarks about my character.

I put a comment on his blog asking politely a question about an article he wrote about the Texans. You see, I write about the Texans and care about the team, so I actually have an interest in factual information. I would like totally ignore his articles, but he has access to things that we as fans do not. He responded with hostility, despite the fact which I am sure he forgot in an email, that HE HAD INVITED ME to be a commenter on his blog.

After he erased my comments and left the ones suggesting that I was a stalker, I contacted the Chronicle editors to get him to stop writing those things. Not only did he continue, but started getting uglier about it. And then continued to say similar things on the radio.

It was only after I wrote my account of what he was doing and then later asked the Chronicle for permission to publish the private emails he sent me that demonstrated his hostility towards me, that the Chronicle indicated that they would handle the matter. I never threatened any legal action nor identified myself as an attorney.

I do not know how they handled the manner. I never heard back from them about it. But the false statements about my reputation did stop.

I don't know if you know this, but it is a pretty abhorrent thing to accuse a female who is just trying to get sports information of being a stalker. Would you want someone to say that about your mom, wife, sister or daughter? Do you think it is any fun having to explain to your husband why famous sports columnist guy is saying repulsive things about your character in his blog? Do you think it is great coming out of a fun football game and having people you know ask you why this guy saying awful things about your reputation on the radio?

At the time, I was in the middle of working out the details of blogging again at the Chronicle and doing a regular radio program on the same station as him. I really wanted no part of this and I still don't.

You might think that being a female accused repeatedly of being a rabbit boiler is HIL-AR-IOUS, but you know what, I want no part of it. You know that it is a joke because you may know a little bit about me, but readers of his blog and listeners to his show who here this stuff might think it is real. You call somebody a dummyhead or douchebag or whatever, everybody knows it is just name calling. You repeatedly say someone is stalking you, and you erase all the comments that shows that the person is just a fan and you erase the objections to that characterization, some people might believe that stuff. My reputation may not mean beans to RJ or you, but it does to me.

I get that you might not like attorneys. Heck, I don't like a lot of attorneys. They are in a position due to the nature of their jobs to do really bad things to people and they tend to see folks during the most stressful times in their lives. Originally, I didn't identified myself as an attorney here--someone else did because they thought it was relevant. And I only identified myself as an attorney on my blogs when it was relevant to stories--like the Fred Weary arrest and the Spygate contract.

Lawyer is something I do, but it is not who I am. Like with most people's jobs. These days, I've been mostly using my lawyer skills to help people who are absolutely helpless. Those sorts of things don't get much pub, but that's also what lawyers do.

I copied the comments before they were deleted because it was easy and I didn't want RJ to do to AJ what he did to me. Selectively delete comments to impugn his character without no record of what actually happened.

In any event, I think what is more interesting about the deleted comments other than the ill-tempered nature of them is that Justice mentions that he spoke to Robinson's agent. I am guessing that Justice isn't talking to Rick Smith at all and is only talking to the agent--which is one reason why his view of the negotiations is all pro-Robinson. It is strange that he did seem unaware of the public reports of the contract, however.

In the end, the title of this thread is not something I believe in. I don't hate anyone except for maybe the bin ladens of the world. I like some of the work RJ does, and knows he does a lot of work, and I wish this never had happened because it is certainly not in my self-interest.

SheTexan
04-07-2009, 08:53 AM
It just amazes me that people hate Richard Justise so much, moan and groan about his articles, blogs, etc, BUT, continue to read and respond to his BS. I DO NOT need Richard Justice for info about our TEXANS!!! There are many more reliable sources out there, and personally, I could care less about his OPINION!! Write him out of your life Texan fans, you'll be much happier if you do. I AM!!!

Blake
04-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Dude's a clown. Never been worth a read. I can get more insight from the guys at work.

Señor Stan
04-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Dude's a clown. Never been worth a read. I can get more insight from monkeys flinging poop at a wall.

fixed it for you

GP
04-07-2009, 10:09 AM
I do not understand your hostility to me.

Yes, I'm an attorney. Suing people is NOT my solution to things. I have never sued anyone, I've defended people from suits (sometimes for free), and most of my career has been dedicated to helping people out from rightfully avoiding courts. I was contacted by an number of people who thought that I should sue him because they believed I had a legitimate cause of action. I had NO interest in doing so, I have NO interest in his money or lawsuits.

I just wanted him to stop saying on the radio and in his blog disparaging remarks about my character.

I put a comment on his blog asking politely a question about an article he wrote about the Texans. You see, I write about the Texans and care about the team, so I actually have an interest in factual information. I would like totally ignore his articles, but he has access to things that we as fans do not. He responded with hostility, despite the fact which I am sure he forgot in an email, that HE HAD INVITED ME to be a commenter on his blog.

After he erased my comments and left the ones suggesting that I was a stalker, I contacted the Chronicle editors to get him to stop writing those things. Not only did he continue, but started getting uglier about it. And then continued to say similar things on the radio.

It was only after I wrote my account of what he was doing and then later asked the Chronicle for permission to publish the private emails he sent me that demonstrated his hostility towards me, that the Chronicle indicated that they would handle the matter. I never threatened any legal action nor identified myself as an attorney.

I do not know how they handled the manner. I never heard back from them about it. But the false statements about my reputation did stop.

I don't know if you know this, but it is a pretty abhorrent thing to accuse a female who is just trying to get sports information of being a stalker. Would you want someone to say that about your mom, wife, sister or daughter? Do you think it is any fun having to explain to your husband why famous sports columnist guy is saying repulsive things about your character in his blog? Do you think it is great coming out of a fun football game and having people you know ask you why this guy saying awful things about your reputation on the radio?

At the time, I was in the middle of working out the details of blogging again at the Chronicle and doing a regular radio program on the same station as him. I really wanted no part of this and I still don't.

You might think that being a female accused repeatedly of being a rabbit boiler is HIL-AR-IOUS, but you know what, I want no part of it. You know that it is a joke because you may know a little bit about me, but readers of his blog and listeners to his show who here this stuff might think it is real. You call somebody a dummyhead or douchebag or whatever, everybody knows it is just name calling. You repeatedly say someone is stalking you, and you erase all the comments that shows that the person is just a fan and you erase the objections to that characterization, some people might believe that stuff. My reputation may not mean beans to RJ or you, but it does to me.

I get that you might not like attorneys. Heck, I don't like a lot of attorneys. They are in a position due to the nature of their jobs to do really bad things to people and they tend to see folks during the most stressful times in their lives. Originally, I didn't identified myself as an attorney here--someone else did because they thought it was relevant. And I only identified myself as an attorney on my blogs when it was relevant to stories--like the Fred Weary arrest and the Spygate contract.

Lawyer is something I do, but it is not who I am. Like with most people's jobs. These days, I've been mostly using my lawyer skills to help people who are absolutely helpless. Those sorts of things don't get much pub, but that's also what lawyers do.

I copied the comments before they were deleted because it was easy and I didn't want RJ to do to AJ what he did to me. Selectively delete comments to impugn his character without no record of what actually happened.

In any event, I think what is more interesting about the deleted comments other than the ill-tempered nature of them is that Justice mentions that he spoke to Robinson's agent. I am guessing that Justice isn't talking to Rick Smith at all and is only talking to the agent--which is one reason why his view of the negotiations is all pro-Robinson. It is strange that he did seem unaware of the public reports of the contract, however.

In the end, the title of this thread is not something I believe in. I don't hate anyone except for maybe the bin ladens of the world. I like some of the work RJ does, and knows he does a lot of work, and I wish this never had happened because it is certainly not in my self-interest.

There a particular poster on here who has repeatedly pulled the "GP is a stalker. He's stalking me" card. So I know how you feel, Steph. Not to the same magnitude, because my issue is contained to the board whereas yours is on a national scene. But still, it does SUCK to have someone resort to those tactics in order to try and silence you or to intimidate you for the purposes of trying to marginalize you.

People who go to those lengths are people who have a problem with the possibility that they might be losing their grip on the topic. It's a napalm bomb, and its intent is to suck the oxygen out of the room (in order to end the debate).

I don't believe in "karma," something I have stated in detail in other posts on this board. But I do believe that people like Richard Justice, who have a lot of prominence and access and power, will one day overplay their hand on something. They are insulated only so far, and at some point they will play so loose and fast with the PRIVILEGE of doing what they do, that they will run that talent right off the road and into a concrete barrier.

If I were you, I would find another outlet that gives you the opportunity to do what you are doing. I don't always agree with your views, but then again, nobody is going to bat 1.000 on the things they present to the end users of the product or service.

Out of all this, here's what makes you exceptional: You do what you do for the LOVE of it, and not to use it as a way to seek selfish satisfaction by beating people over the head with your access and opportunity. You're giving back to the fans, and not taking their dignity away from them to futher your clout.

Do NOT stop doing what you do. A large body of water is fed by many streams, and the Chronicle is just one of many streams. Some day, RJ will either stop doing what he does...or he will overplay his hand. You just gotta' stay YOU. And I think you're good at being you.

Keep on truckin'

Texans_Chick
04-07-2009, 11:47 AM
If I were you, I would find another outlet that gives you the opportunity to do what you are doing. I don't always agree with your views, but then again, nobody is going to bat 1.000 on the things they present to the end users of the product or service.

Out of all this, here's what makes you exceptional: You do what you do for the LOVE of it, and not to use it as a way to seek selfish satisfaction by beating people over the head with your access and opportunity. You're giving back to the fans, and not taking their dignity away from them to futher your clout.

Do NOT stop doing what you do. A large body of water is fed by many streams, and the Chronicle is just one of many streams. Some day, RJ will either stop doing what he does...or he will overplay his hand. You just gotta' stay YOU. And I think you're good at being you.

Keep on truckin'

Thanks for the kind words.

I write for the Chronicle and FanHouse and they are fun in different ways.

FanHouse is more collaborative. Behind the scenes we discuss various stories and a lot of times those discussions are more hilarious than the blog posts. I can write as much or as little as I want, and because there is so many bloggers people don't notice much. It's a fun place to put my non-Texans stories too.

With the Chronicle, it is nice because:

1. For better or worse, they are the prime source that most casual and hard core fans have of the team.

2. The people who I deal with there on a regular basis are very cordial and have been supportive.

3. It is a good place to create thoughtful dialogue with the sort of people who are good fans but for many reasons may not be comfortable with a message board environment.

4. It is a way to get the word out on Texan issues that may not be official bigtime news worth newsprint, but may be things that fans care about.

5. Most newspapers have one go to place that has only news for that particular team and no other subjects. I hope to help create that niche.

6. It's a place where I can write more detailed things than would be appropriate for a FanHouse audience. It is also a resource that has information that both casual and hard core fans might find interesting. I've been able to use it in a way to educate national NFL fans on the state of the team--once in a while I get emails from reporters asking background questions.

I love reading hard copy newspapers. Every day. Sometimes more than one newspaper. I want newspapers to thrive and I want my local newspaper to be the best it can.

Mr. White
04-07-2009, 12:05 PM
I've always been pretty ambivalent to the guy. Just like everyone else, he says some things that I disagree with and some things that I agree with.

I usually enjoy reading the takes of non-homers because I like to consider opposing viewpoints. For instance, there might be a grain of truth to the whole Rick Smith thing. Maybe the guy's a total jerk. (In the case of RJ, the verdict's already in.)

Having said all that, I think that there's a bigger issue at work here with him being the whole "reporters vs. bloggers" thing. I imagine there's a lot of resentment on his part because the guy got his degree, paid his dues, earned his credentials and then along come these pesky bloggers that might actually be more knowledgeable than him.

In the case of TC and aj, there's no question. Wear that ban as a badge of honor.

Brando
04-07-2009, 12:52 PM
I don't even read his column or even respond to his crap.

bigbrewster2000
04-07-2009, 02:39 PM
This makes me feel better just because its now out there again. McClain's Live Chat

1:18 [Comment From D Frank]
Richard Justice tried to say D Rob didnt get offered Chris Gamble money
1:19 John McClain: He turned down 23 mil, the same as Gamble signed for.

Richard Justice has lost touch with reality and clearly cant stand being wrong correction, cant stand being proven wrong by us here common folk.

Corrosion
04-07-2009, 03:45 PM
I don't even read his column or even respond to his crap.

I thouhgt he was one of those losing his job in the Chronicle's cutbacks ? ..... If not he should be (along with McClain and his bimbo).

Boris
04-08-2009, 06:29 PM

"Yes, i'm an attorney."

i can't stop laughing.

as to it being funny...yeah, it would be (possibly) but for the fact that her "handle" is known within our community; people know her NAME. That's unfair and mean-spirited.

Drew_Smoke
04-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Yaw, Yaw, Yaw....(yawn)

This is really old. Roc has a c-note for the Gary J Lynn Foundation if a mod will please pop a padlock on this thread.

There is no one who has posted on this that I dislike. But the tirades and hate against Richie are old.

He has his opinion...everyone else has there's. Suing someone who compares one to a movie character is a stretch. I have been called worse. Lots worse.

It's all good and if anyone would like to stalk Roc...he would be grateful for the attention.

I had been reading for laughs but didn't want everyone to think that Nunusguy was alone in his thinking.

When does the sched show come on????? Now thats what we wanna know.

Boris
04-08-2009, 08:26 PM
ultimately, i agree.

i'm more p.o.ed at the editor(s) & their uninspired direction.

Justice seems to generate interest; i thought it was cool a Houstonian was reprfesenting on PTI - civic pride dude!

At the end of a long NBA season i should know A.Brook's mother's maiden name. Yes, i want a re-cap of game but they alone (the local news) follow OUR team's every game - what they deliver is not INTERESTING.... just regurgitation. Yawn.

Texans_Chick
04-09-2009, 02:11 PM
He has his opinion...everyone else has there's. Suing someone who compares one to a movie character is a stretch. I have been called worse. Lots worse.

It's not just a question of someone calling you names and getting your wittle fewwings hurt.

When was the last time a journalist who has a history of sending you hostile emails disparaged your character and reputation repeatedly in both a blog and on the radio? He repeatedly wrote some things worse than the rabbit boiling stuff, and erased all my comments and objections to this to intentionally and maliciously give people an improper and ugly impression.

I never said that I was interested in suing anybody. But if you looked at that link that was written by an attorney, he believed that I had a viable cause of action given all the things that were written and said. Lawsuits solve nothing--I just wanted some football information and I wanted him to stop impugning my character.

Whatever.

noxiousdog
04-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Whatever.

Best route to take imo.

You've clearly shown your integrity, professionalism, and journalism. Justice has shown his lack of each.

Let the haters be haters.

Though I still say we should get you both on Sean and John's show ;) CAGE MATCH!

El Tejano
04-09-2009, 02:36 PM
This thread is going into HWNSNBM category. It never ends Muwahahaha!

Specnatz
04-09-2009, 03:08 PM

Yaw, Yaw, Yaw....(yawn)

This is really old. Roc has a c-note for the Gary J Lynn Foundation if a mod will please pop a padlock on this thread.

There is no one who has posted on this that I dislike. But the tirades and hate against Richie are old.

It's all good and if anyone would like to stalk Roc...he would be grateful for the attention.

I had been reading for laughs but didn't want everyone to think that Nunusguy was alone in his thinking.

When does the sched show come on????? Now thats what we wanna know.

I will say this and I could careless about reps or negative, but you two are not real men. You think it is ok to use the power of the Chronicle to insult and try and ruin someones character and reputation? Grow a set will ya. 20 years ago if RJ had said what he has toward Stephanie I would have personally kicked his ass from Houston all the way to Nashville so he could be with his secret lover VY. Roc or Nuns, how would you like a so called journalist to imply that your a pedophile? It would be a good laugh right, I mean their is know way in the world that would bother you and you would just shrug it off. I mean to suggest that on air in a local radio show or online of a newspaper in the fourth largest city in the United States is all fun and games. I am sure you two would enjoy how your neighbors might react or how co-workers and employment might react. How about if you wrote (Fan House) for a national outlet for media that folks all over the country read and links to the Chron are sometimes put in and therefore folks all over the country would read what RJ was saying and since they do not know Stephanie and only know that RJ works for a major paper. Stephanie has a Very Outstanding reputation in the community and in Law circles so I have been told. Her reputation among most bloggers and other sports writers and media personalities is extremely high, other wise she would not get invited to do as many shows as she does. RJ tried to destroy all that and for that he needs to be fired. As far as the sueing comment, you two have FAILED at reading and comprhention because it was another writer who suggested that she should have sued, but hey do not let facts get in the way of making yourself look like a complete ass (IMO).

I am ashamed of you both for not realizing how damaging things could have been and you think it is ok for someone to act like this. Sorry for sounding like a male chauvinistic pig but men are supposed to protect women not try and belittle them and tear them down when they prove to be smarter than us. But you two neanderthals still think that women should be in the kitchen and not having the same rights as men.

Stop allowing folks to get away with this draconian behavior.

Drew_Smoke
04-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Whatever is fine. Sorry I hurt your feewings(?). That's your opinion and that is kewl.

But I personally would have left him alone after the 3rd time then. He's just not that into you it seems. Mom would say "Just ignore him."

I didn't knock anyone's rep and mentioned no names except the one everyone was attacking. I don't read blogs. Never have. Reading blogs is for those that need guidance on living their lives. I have my hands firmly on the wheel and am comfortable with who I am. So please don't imply that I am knocking anyone. Its a free country...for the most part.

And lawyers always think they have a case...lol...you pay and we'll roll the dice. Throw shiat at the wall and see what sticks. Thats the American way. If loser paid then Mr. Bigtime would never have mentioned/thought about you. And I wouldn't think a little ol' local news rag kept any attorneys on retainer either. So get 'em while they are down.

Sorry that I have never been a mob rules/pile on guy.

I beg to differ on the no 'nads blast. It took 'nads to go against the grain. It would have been easy to just say "Yeah! He's a fool" or whatever.

I blaze my own trails and do what's right in my eyes. If that offends some...so be it. Roc will still sleep good tonight with a clear conscience anyway.

Gary could use that $100...offer still stands.

"If someone writes something about me on a message board and I never read it....isn't it just a colossal waste of time?"- Jay Mohr... April 8, 2009

Hardcore Texan
04-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Whatever is fine. Sorry I hurt your feewings(?). That's your opinion and that is kewl.

But I personally would have left him alone after the 3rd time then. He's just not that into you it seems. Mom would say "Just ignore him."

I didn't knock anyone's rep and mentioned no names except the one everyone was attacking. I don't read blogs. Never have. Reading blogs is for those that need guidance on living their lives. I have my hands firmly on the wheel and am comfortable with who I am. So please don't imply that I am knocking anyone. Its a free country...for the most part.

And lawyers always think they have a case...lol...you pay and we'll roll the dice. Throw shiat at the wall and see what sticks. Thats the American way. If loser paid then Mr. Bigtime would never have mentioned/thought about you. And I wouldn't think a little ol' local news rag kept any attorneys on retainer either. So get 'em while they are down.

Sorry that I have never been a mob rules/pile on guy.

I beg to differ on the no 'nads blast. It took 'nads to go against the grain. It would have been easy to just say "Yeah! He's a fool" or whatever.

I blaze my own trails and do what's right in my eyes. If that offends some...so be it. Roc will still sleep good tonight with a clear conscience anyway.

Gary could use that $100...offer still stands.

"If someone writes something about me on a message board and I never read it....isn't it just a colossal waste of time?"- Jay Mohr... April 8, 2009

I understand what your saying, and I really enjoy your posts and what I perceive to be your personality through the web. You stick to what you believe, and you seem like a good guy....I like that. I hope to get to hang out with you at a tailgate sometime.

However, in this case, I was standing up for what is right or at least what I believe to be right, others may disagree but so be it. And the way Stephanie has been insulted by RJ is just plain wrong. And RJ's conduct has been pretty despicable in the matter. On top of that he goes and acts like a total ass to AJ. Both of which have been extremely diligent, hard working at finding any little tidbits of info and sharing any and all info they can uncover about our beloved team. It's especially helpful for us out-of-towners who can't get a lick of coverage 180 miles down the road. I don't know much....but I do know that. And they do it all out of passion for our team, not money, not fame, not a popularity contest....but freakin' PASSION.

Someone with RJ's ability to reach the masses, while he doesn't need to be worried about saying all the right things in a blog, could just simply show some common decency. You know the stuff a momma teaches you. Futhermore, when he is proven wrong he is just driven to great lengths to be a bigger ass, instead of just having a rational discussion. It's pretty cut and dry IMO.

I don't give him page hits, I don't read his crap, but I am glad people are documenting it in here, it's a good reminder of the type of person I want to avoid and and good lesson if I ever have that "reach" to be heard by a large audience to act like I have some cooth, humility and respect. People can have debates/discussion intelligenty without being an ass, and you can always take the high road because karma is a beeyaoitch. He prefers to insult and belittle his own readers instead of having a rational discussion. It probably stems from his own insecurities and it really is douchebag behavior.

Drew_Smoke
04-09-2009, 05:19 PM
ok...I missed all the insults and the part about being a pedophile. I hope Richie didn't say that.

You call me a pedophile and no one will believe you. Everyone knows Roc loves soccer moms.

Mr. White
04-09-2009, 06:11 PM
You call me a pedophile and no one will believe you. Everyone knows Roc loves soccer moms.

Everyone knows only tools refer to themselves in the third person.

I don't get around here much lately, so I'll take Hardcore's word for it that you seem like a good guy. You really should do yourself a favor and edit that.

Texan_Bill
04-09-2009, 06:12 PM
It's not just a question of someone calling you names and getting your wittle fewwings hurt.

When was the last time a journalist who has a history of sending you hostile emails disparaged your character and reputation repeatedly in both a blog and on the radio? He repeatedly wrote some things worse than the rabbit boiling stuff, and erased all my comments and objections to this to intentionally and maliciously give people an improper and ugly impression.

I never said that I was interested in suing anybody. But if you looked at that link that was written by an attorney, he believed that I had a viable cause of action given all the things that were written and said. Lawsuits solve nothing--I just wanted some football information and I wanted him to stop impugning my character.

Whatever.

We'll invite him over to our tailgate.... By the time we get done with ol Dicky, he'll be groveling at your feet, Steph. :bat:

TimeKiller
04-09-2009, 06:54 PM
We'll invite him over to our tailgate.... By the time we get done with ol Dicky, he'll be groveling at your feet, Steph. :bat:

Do we have to beat him up? I mean, that's just so easy, can't we do better?

Alright so we get a big glass box with a funnel sticking about ass-level, lock little dickie inside and everyone who walks by can just fart into it! We'd be paying back the stink he's been giving us!!!

Drew_Smoke
04-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Everyone knows only tools refer to themselves in the third person.

I don't get around here much lately, so I'll take Hardcore's word for it that you seem like a good guy. You really should do yourself a favor and edit that.

The 3rd person bit is part of the persona. I hope you can dig it.

Being a tool is cool with me.

Mr. White
04-09-2009, 08:02 PM
The 3rd person bit is part of the persona. I hope you can dig it.

Being a tool is cool with me.

Dunno, usually I just come on this board to read takes by people that just want to talk football.

So I guess I understand all the flamethrowing now that I know it's a "persona" doing it.

Drew_Smoke
04-10-2009, 09:50 AM
So since I don't go with the mob I am the flamethrower. Maybe we should talk football sometime?

Okay...I can live with that too.

I don't have anything against anyone. I am sure Texanchick's blog is very informative as people have indicated.

Anyone else wanna try to get Roc's (since y'all hate that so much) goat?

Boris
04-10-2009, 09:57 AM
"what's the matter with you Roc?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_pqfHRuTHM

Andrew6
04-10-2009, 11:35 AM
so.... is it football season yet? I guess it is about this time every year people start to pissing each other off. :texflag:

Mr. White
04-10-2009, 11:56 AM
So since I don't go with the mob I am the flamethrower. Maybe we should talk football sometime?

Okay...I can live with that too.

I don't have anything against anyone. I am sure Texanchick's blog is very informative as people have indicated.

Anyone else wanna try to get Roc's (since y'all hate that so much) goat?

You may not believe it, but I'm really not trying to get Roc's goat.

I really agree with you to an extent. I think all the RJ hate is pretty ridiculous myself. I said as much on this thread a couple of days ago.

I just don't agree with you flaming TC because another lawyer thought she should sue a guy who uses a public forum for libel (which is illegal.)

li⋅bel (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/libel)
   /ˈlaɪbəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [lahy-buhl] Show IPA noun, verb, -beled, -bel⋅ing or (especially British) -belled, -bel⋅ling.
–noun
1. Law.
a. defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
b. the act or crime of publishing it.
c. a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.
2. anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents.
–verb (used with object)
3. to publish a libel against.
4. to misrepresent damagingly.
5. to institute suit against by a libel, as in an admiralty court.

The bottom line is that the dude accused her of being a stalker. Being that there are laws against stalking, I'm pretty sure she might have a case for libel if she wanted to pursue it.

If it sounds ridiculous to you, then that's the law system. To recycle an already overused expression, "don't hate the player, hate the game."

I'm pretty sure that we agree we'd both rather be talking football right now. I blame the NFL for changing the draft date.

Texans_Chick
04-10-2009, 12:05 PM
so.... is it football season yet? I guess it is about this time every year people start to pissing each other off. :texflag:

Basically. Every year. Pretty much sums it up.

Brando
04-10-2009, 12:13 PM
So.....How 'Bout Them Texans?

Speedy
04-10-2009, 12:17 PM
So since I don't go with the mob I am the flamethrower.

No, it's because you're steadfast in your defense of that slimeball Justice without knowing all the facts i.e. not seeing his disparaging remarks towards Steph and just assuming she's full of it. Nothing worse than a know-it-all who doesn't know it all. That's why you get labeled a flamethrower.

I'm glad you're confident in your ways, or at least you think you are. But as is usually the case, with youngsters in particular these days, they don't know the difference between being confident and being an arrogant prick. I'm not saying that applies to you...I don't know you. But your internet persona comes off that way and unfortunately more times than not, I've seen it carry over into who you are off the 'net.

So if you're confident, fine. Hell maybe you're confident in being an arrogant prick, I don't know. But that's why you get the label...flamethrower or whatever the case may be. So now you know.

Drew_Smoke
04-10-2009, 03:57 PM

LOL...thats why you my boy, hoss.

I am not knocking anyone. I know for a fact that TC is very intelligent lady. I just read for grins the barbs being thrown at a blank wall til the piling on Nunusguy. Been here forever and he gets called out for stating his view.

And no one threw out "lawsuit"...she did. If it's not an option then why bring it up? People are sick of lawyers and bogus litigation. That will quickly rub others the wrong way. "Loser pays" should solve that.

*Roc is in no way implying that TC is that type of attorney. I have no clue what field she specializes in, what she has been involved in, ect.*

Ok...you can get my goat. This would be how...

Captain Mickey comes on his outdoors show and says..."That a-hole, Roc can't fish. That sorry SOB couldn't even catch a cold....much less a hardhead on dead shrimp."

Okay...he'd be questioning my manhood then. I can too catch a cold. I had the sniffles last week.

But I won't hit my favorite fishing board and post it all up. And I wouldn't knock anyone that disagrees with me.

This arrogant prick is off to shower, then I will take that c-note over to Sushi Hana (the new one..99 and Westaprk Toll Road) and suck on some sake' at the bar.

Join me...the first Kirwin is on me.

Drew_Smoke
04-10-2009, 04:08 PM
No, it's because you're steadfast in your defense of that slimeball Justice without knowing all the facts i.e. not seeing his disparaging remarks towards Steph and just assuming she's full of it. Nothing worse than a know-it-all who doesn't know it all. That's why you get labeled a flamethrower.

I'm glad you're confident in your ways, or at least you think you are. But as is usually the case, with youngsters in particular these days, they don't know the difference between being confident and being an arrogant prick. I'm not saying that applies to you...I don't know you. But your internet persona comes off that way and unfortunately more times than not, I've seen it carry over into who you are off the 'net.

So if you're confident, fine. Hell maybe you're confident in being an arrogant prick, I don't know. But that's why you get the label...flamethrower or whatever the case may be. So now you know.

I don't think Steph is full of it. Far from it.

Sincerely,

"Roc Blowtorch"

Andrew6
04-10-2009, 04:21 PM
LOL...thats why you my boy, hoss.

I am not knocking anyone. I know for a fact that TC is very intelligent lady. I just read for grins the barbs being thrown at a blank wall til the piling on Nunusguy. Been here forever and he gets called out for stating his view.

And no one threw out "lawsuit"...she did. If it's not an option then why bring it up? People are sick of lawyers and bogus litigation. That will quickly rub others the wrong way. "Loser pays" should solve that.

*Roc is in no way implying that TC is that type of attorney. I have no clue what field she specializes in, what she has been involved in, ect.*

Captain Mickey comes on his outdoors show and says..."That a-hole, Roc can't fish. That sorry SOB couldn't even catch a cold....much less a hardhead on dead shrimp."

Okay...he'd be questioning my manhood then. I can too catch a cold. I had the sniffles last week.

But I won't hit my favorite fishing board and post it all up. And I wouldn't knock anyone that disagrees with me.

This arrogant prick is off to shower, then I will take that c-note over to Sushi Hana (the new one..99 and Westaprk Toll Road) and suck on some sake' at the bar.

Join me...the first Kirwin is on me.

Hey now no need to bring him into this. :foottap: :spit:

Mr. White
04-10-2009, 09:46 PM
I just read for grins the barbs being thrown at a blank wall til the piling on Nunusguy. Been here forever and he gets called out for stating his view.

Come on man...nunus is old, but he's crotchety. He could care less if someone else carries his water.

And no one threw out "lawsuit"...she did.

No, actually it was the guy that runs this website (http://blog.kir.com/archives/2008/09/richard_justice_7.asp) that threw it out.

But then, to borrow from your Jay Mohr quote, it really wouldn't matter. We all know that no one's up at that time of the morning to listen to Captain Mickey except for meth heads that never went to sleep the night before and are looking for something to do until they get tired enough to actually get some shuteye.

We would hypothetically get into legal territory when VanderCarr comes on in the next show. (To borrow from what Spec was saying) this Roc Hoover guy was over babysitting the VanderBaby and he compares Roc to Michael Jackson.

You would then have recourse to sue VanderCarr...and with damn good reason. Like you said earlier, everyone knows Roc likes soccer moms. Maybe VanderCarr was just pissed cuz Roc hit on VanderBaby's soccer mom.

Wolf
04-10-2009, 11:12 PM
sadly I feel victim to looking at about 4 or 5 of his blogs and read them.. It is like a train wreck and with that is why I looked at the blog comments in the first place. I couldn't believe that a "professional" journalist would come out and say the things he has commented on.

I expect it from ,say, profootball talk or the national enquirer or even the U.S. News you see at the grocery store (not U.S. news and world report). I would expect football talk from a major newspaper.. Sure there are going to be dimwits posting comments on a blog,but as a "professional" journalist, they should rise above that. I am seriously suprised the Chronicle puts up with that(but again it IS the comical, because HE does represent the newspaper.

But hey, he is trying to be a "shock" journalist, I guess but it makes him look stupid. And if all the Comical cares about is hits on the site. he is getting that.

He reminds me of "Clark" in good will hunting

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film555/quotes
And this quote from the movie sums up my feelings

Will: See, the sad thing about a guy like you is, in 50 years you're gonna start doin' some thinkin' on your own and you're going to come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life: one, don't do that, and two, you dropped 150 grand on a *******in' education you could have got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public library!

And IF he is just trying to be funny, I don't see it.

He might be trying to be like Howard Stern.. just people watching or listening just to hear what he is going to say next, but I grew out of that

Specnatz
04-11-2009, 01:38 AM
I am the one who questioned folks man hood. Any man who thinks it is ok for a man to talk to Steph the way rj did then he is not much of a man and I will question the lack of man hood he has. Women should be treated with respect and if you do not your not much of a man.

headsplint
04-11-2009, 05:01 AM
I'm just taking a random drive by here, but this Roc dude, really seems to be overcompensating for something with all of his third person references, and need to prove he is in control of his life.

I have my hands firmly on the wheel....

Who actually writes that about themselves?

I almost felt embarrassment for him just reading that. I suppose in this day and age deuche baggery knows no bounds.

What is it man? Tiny pee pee, extreme obesity, not enough nurturing from your mommy? How many times a day did you get picked on in school?

Wow what a tough guy waging a war of sarcasm and weak rhetoric while the rest us stand back and giggle at your insecurity.

Andrew6
04-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Come on man...nunus is old, but he's crotchety. He could care less if someone else carries his water.

No, actually it was the guy that runs this website (http://blog.kir.com/archives/2008/09/richard_justice_7.asp) that threw it out.

But then, to borrow from your Jay Mohr quote, it really wouldn't matter. We all know that no one's up at that time of the morning to listen to Captain Mickey except for meth heads that never went to sleep the night before and are looking for something to do until they get tired enough to actually get some shuteye.

We would hypothetically get into legal territory when VanderCarr comes on in the next show. (To borrow from what Spec was saying) this Roc Hoover guy was over babysitting the VanderBaby and he compares Roc to Michael Jackson.

You would then have recourse to sue VanderCarr...and with damn good reason. Like you said earlier, everyone knows Roc likes soccer moms. Maybe VanderCarr was just pissed cuz Roc hit on VanderBaby's soccer mom.

I'm not a meth head and I listen to captain mickey every weekend.

nunusguy
04-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Richies a fine man and a good American.
It's not becoming of people to say these mean and hateful things about him.
Afterall he's just trying to pay the bills, feed the family, put kids thru school, etc. like the rest of us.

Tedc
04-11-2009, 08:38 AM
I thought he was laid off some time ago.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/Tedc/RJ.jpg

^^^Dick's first job.^^^

Texans_Chick
04-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Afterall he's just trying to pay the bills, feed the family, put kids thru school, etc. like the rest of us.

I can't speak for what sort of man he is other than my dealings with him and what he writes or says publicly. I do not know him.

Ultimately, I think that everyone is best served by focusing criticism on what people say and not specifically the person. Personally, I'm not terribly keen on the title of this thread.

If you are a writer, you will write some words you are proud of and some not so much. He writes a lot of words so I'm guessing he has greater odds of some of them being pretty ridiculous.

And I'm not thinking that Texan fan on Texan fan crackbacks are particularly cool. There's not large numbers of us in the world, so we might as well be cool with each other. :fans:

In other words, I think this thread is pretty deadhorsed until the next time RJ says some durned foolish or worse.

TEXANRED
04-11-2009, 09:16 AM

Thats not the point.

Justice hides behind his blog, altering what people say and erasing key points that make other bloggers look foolish. He is a coward. He wants to write stupid, opinionated, and nonfactual material, fine, but stand by them. However he doesn't.

The Texans may be new to Houston, and forgive the cliché, this isn't our first Rodeo and most of us have forgotten more about football than he will ever know.

Revolution
04-11-2009, 09:32 AM
I can't speak for what sort of man he is other than my dealings with him and what he writes or says publicly. I do not know him.

Ultimately, I think that everyone is best served by focusing criticism on what people say and not specifically the person. Personally, I'm not terribly keen on the title of this thread.

If you are a writer, you will write some words you are proud of and some not so much. He writes a lot of words so I'm guessing he has greater odds of some of them being pretty ridiculous.

And I'm not thinking that Texan fan on Texan fan crackbacks are particularly cool. There's not large numbers of us in the world, so we might as well be cool with each other. :fans:

In other words, I think this thread is pretty deadhorsed until the next time RJ says some durned foolish or worse.

Thanks for staying above the fray. RJ is the Jerry Springer of the Houston Chronicle. He gets people to read his column based on the outrageous things he writes. It must be depressing to grow up with aspirations of being a journalist and your career turns out like this. I actually feel sorry for him. That will not make me read his columns.

Mr. White
04-11-2009, 10:20 AM
It may not sound like it, but I've really had a lot of fun on this thread the past couple of days. I guess that says something no so good about me that the only time I get really involved in this board is when a good non-football argument is brewing.

I've sobered up since my last post, so I'll get back to the point here. Traditional sportswriters in general are so resentful of bloggers because they routinely get scooped by them and the bloggers are more knowledgeable than the sportswriters. Anyone who doesn't believe me should watch this video (http://deadspin.com/385770/bissinger-vs-leitch) where a bunch of sportswriters gang up the Deadspin blogger.

Richard Justice (if that's his real name) is no exception. He's an extremely bitter guy that can't deal with getting called out.

I'm not a meth head and I listen to captain mickey every weekend.

Lighten up dude. That was a joke. I also listen to him to while I get ready for work because my radio can't pick up any other stations at that time of the morning.

Ultimately I have no hard feelings towards anyone in this thread except Justice himself. Having said that, I'll still read his articles because I can appreciate a non-homer's perspective.

And sometimes there's at least a (small) grain of truth in what he writes.

Speedy
04-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Having said that, I'll still read his articles because I can appreciate a non-homer's perspective.

And sometimes there's at least a (small) grain of truth in what he writes.

Not me. A non-homers perspective is fine, but he isn't even that. Someone mentioned Jerry Springer and that's the perfect analogy. He writes solely to get a rise out of people, doesn't matter what the content is, and those in the audience supporting him are going "Richie, Richie, Richie".

For me, once you lose ALL credibility, which Justice did years ago, there's no reason to ever waste my time on it again. There are MUCH BETTER and much more professional options out there where I don't have to rot my brain with the garbage that guys like Dickie spews.

Lucky
04-12-2009, 06:52 AM
I think this thread has run its course. Posters are taking more potshots at each other than Justice's work. If there is a Texan related column or blog penned by Justice that is worth comment, someone may start a new thread. Just not "i hate dickie" part 2.