PDA

View Full Version : The All TexansTalk Football Team

swtbound07
08-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Because Im bored, and because the team really really sucks on d right now. How would our team look, if comprised entirely of message board posters. Im using an arbitrary standard. So there.

Our Offense:

QB: Vinny-The leader of our veritable message board forum and team. Smart and accurate with his posts, makes this team go. Unanimous first ballot hall of fame

LT:Infantrycak-A cornerstone of our franchise, he is a regular, everyday dependable poster, and someone to build a forum around

LG:Wolf-Always here, but rarely seen. You don't notice wolf because wolf doesn't blow assignments or posts. An allstar at his position, without a doubt

Center: Redzone- Just as the center starts every play by snapping the ball, RZ starts pretty much every thread in the NSZ. A good guy to have inside, and relentless in pursuit of a target to block into the ground

Right Guard:Showtime100- Another anchor on the best message board oline ever assembled. Brings flash to the position, and a love of airplanes.

Right Tackle: Texan Bill- The offense, nay, this team wouldn't be the same without him. Brings a sense of humor to the place, along with inside jokes galore! All-pro, All-madden, All-forum

FB: Luv-Ya-Blue- What do you need from a fullback? Somebody willing to smash repeatedly into the same wall over and over for the greater good. Tenacity, bravery, and fortitude define this poster. Does the dirty work in the trenches

Half Back- Hervoyel: Master of moving the chains, grinding it out, and finding the end zone. Every time he touches a post, something good happens. The rarest of animals, a franchise back. Before Steve Slaton, the only one the city had.

Tight End: Double Barrell Darrell- A Team leader, a laid back guy, and a guy who can both start threads and contribute. Universally respected, and great hands. Also makes mean breakfast tacos for tailgate.

WR1- AJ- Shares the name of the teams WR1, and brings an inside viewpoint to the rest of us fans that is unrivaled. A definite weapon.

WR2- TD- A contributor in both name and money, and a contributor to the forums. Has one of the highest reps ever assembled. Money when it counts...and lets be honest, recievers should just have 2 initials.

To the Defense!...next post

TexansFight
08-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Can I be the rabble rousing emotional leader on defense. Maybe SS.

swtbound07
08-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Pass Rush DE: Kaiser Toro- Strong in all of his posts, quick on the reply, unquestioned respect. A captain, and a warrior.

DT1: Porky- Adds meat to the middle of an already strong line. Always willing to expand on a point, and adds substance to a debate. You want porky in the middle.

DT2: Lucky- A posting force. High post count, high post relevance, high value to the team. You win in the trenches...and this forum is Lucky we have Lucky

Run stuffing DE: EriaDoc- Shuts down bad threads with insight and wisdom. Very highly respected amongst peers.

ROLB: PowerfullDragon- Disappears for long stretches, then reappears and makes threadsaving posts. Drinks Lonestar before every game

MLB: Dante- The heart of the defense...and the heart of one of the best threads ever created. A team without dante is incomplete.

LOLB: SheTexan- Always around the threads, always making posts, always bringing the good quality. Dependable, comes to the boards everyday.

CB1: TexansChick- She covers everything TexansTalk. Always on the ball, always fast to react, and always thorough, she is the face of this forum to the nation.
CB2: MexicanTexan: I don't think anybody in the posting world is as fast as him when he's on his game. He's put up numbers that will never be matched in speed.

FS: Swtbound07- Yeah, i put me on my own list. Im an ego. Lurks in the background, waiting to make the big post. Covers a lot of different forums. The last line of defense for certain subjects. Often a position of controversy

SS: Dreadhead-Brings the wood with every post. A hitter, and a staunch defender. If you need him, he's there.

Team Trainer- Cloak n Dagger- we've all came to him for excellent medical analysis and info. We need CND.

TexansLucky13
08-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Damn. Despite my best efforts I still don't make the team.

Ryan
08-22-2008, 10:34 PM
I'll take practice squad QB.

Khari
08-22-2008, 10:35 PM
:foottap:

Ckw
08-22-2008, 10:37 PM
Cody

The kicker. I am always around but only come in to make the plays when I am called on. :fans:

buddyboy
08-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Dibs on Richard Smith!
:hides:

Carr Bombed
08-22-2008, 10:41 PM
hmm....I guess I have to work on my game.

Hardcore Texan
08-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Because Im bored, and because the team really really sucks on d right now. How would our team look, if comprised entirely of message board posters. Im using an arbitrary standard. So there.

Our Offense:

QB: Vinny-The leader of our veritable message board forum and team. Smart and accurate with his posts, makes this team go. Unanimous first ballot hall of fame

LT:Infantrycak-A cornerstone of our franchise, he is a regular, everyday dependable poster, and someone to build a forum around

LG:Wolf-Always here, but rarely seen. You don't notice wolf because wolf doesn't blow assignments or posts. An allstar at his position, without a doubt

Center: Redzone- Just as the center starts every play by snapping the ball, RZ starts pretty much every thread in the NSZ. A good guy to have inside, and relentless in pursuit of a target to block into the ground

Right Guard:Showtime100- Another anchor on the best message board oline ever assembled. Brings flash to the position, and a love of airplanes.

Right Tackle: Texan Bill- The offense, nay, this team wouldn't be the same without him. Brings a sense of humor to the place, along with inside jokes galore! All-pro, All-madden, All-forum

FB: Luv-Ya-Blue- What do you need from a fullback? Somebody willing to smash repeatedly into the same wall over and over for the greater good. Tenacity, bravery, and fortitude define this poster. Does the dirty work in the trenches

Half Back- Hervoyel: Master of moving the chains, grinding it out, and finding the end zone. Every time he touches a post, something good happens. The rarest of animals, a franchise back. Before Steve Slaton, the only one the city had.

Tight End: Double Barrell Darrell- A Team leader, a laid back guy, and a guy who can both start threads and contribute. Universally respected, and great hands. Also makes mean breakfast tacos for tailgate.

WR1- AJ- Shares the name of the teams WR1, and brings an inside viewpoint to the rest of us fans that is unrivaled. A definite weapon.

WR2- TD- A contributor in both name and money, and a contributor to the forums. Has one of the highest reps ever assembled. Money when it counts...and lets be honest, recievers should just have 2 initials.

Pass Rush DE: Kaiser Toro- Strong in all of his posts, quick on the reply, unquestioned respect. A captain, and a warrior.

DT1: Porky- Adds meat to the middle of an already strong line. Always willing to expand on a point, and adds substance to a debate. You want porky in the middle.

DT2: Lucky- A posting force. High post count, high post relevance, high value to the team. You win in the trenches...and this forum is Lucky we have Lucky

Run stuffing DE: EriaDoc- Shuts down bad threads with insight and wisdom. Very highly respected amongst peers.

ROLB: PowerfullDragon- Disappears for long stretches, then reappears and makes threadsaving posts. Drinks Lonestar before every game

MLB: Dante- The heart of the defense...and the heart of one of the best threads ever created. A team without dante is incomplete.

LOLB: SheTexan- Always around the threads, always making posts, always bringing the good quality. Dependable, comes to the boards everyday.

CB1: TexansChick- She covers everything TexansTalk. Always on the ball, always fast to react, and always thorough, she is the face of this forum to the nation.
CB2: MexicanTexan: I don't think anybody in the posting world is as fast as him when he's on his game. He's put up numbers that will never be matched in speed.

FS: Swtbound07- Yeah, i put me on my own list. Im an ego. Lurks in the background, waiting to make the big post. Covers a lot of different forums. The last line of defense for certain subjects. Often a position of controversy

SS: Dreadhead-Brings the wood with every post. A hitter, and a staunch defender. If you need him, he's there.

Team Trainer- Cloak n Dagger- we've all came to him for excellent medical analysis and info. We need CND.

Props SWT, Nice job, very creative!

But, got to be careful if you left out Khari.

Ckw
08-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Cody

The kicker. I am always around but only come in to make the plays when I am called on. :fans:

Ah come one. No love for the new Texans Talk kicker? I mean with such a stout offense and a dominating defense, I'm rarely needed but when I come in the game, I deliver yo! And I can boot the ball 60 yards. :kingkong:

TexansLucky13
08-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Ah come one. No love for the new Texans Talk kicker? I mean with such a stout offense and a dominating defense, I'm rarely needed but when I come in the game, I deliver yo! And I can boot the ball 60 yards. :kingkong:

You can be the kicker if I get to be the long snapper. I'm rarely noticed unless I screw up.

:tease:

Ckw
08-22-2008, 11:01 PM
You can be the kicker if I get to be the long snapper. I'm rarely noticed unless I screw up.

:tease:

Deal! :chickendance:

swtbound07
08-22-2008, 11:25 PM

you were thought of. i couldnt find a position for your unique talents

TexansLucky13
08-22-2008, 11:26 PM

So when will you add the Special Teams? Ckw and I are anxious.

:bat:

The Pencil Neck
08-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Um... Can I be the strength coach?

Scooter
08-23-2008, 01:09 AM
me, thorn, and glasshalffull have dibs on the waterboy position. :shots:

/evil laugh

gg no re
08-23-2008, 01:16 AM
man, I'm defecting to the TOMB and joining their All-TOMB team

see you guys on the fictitious message board football field

we'll see who gets the last laugh

Thorn
08-23-2008, 06:30 AM
me, thorn, and glasshalffull have dibs on the waterboy position. :shots:

/evil laugh

I think Iím the broken down aging player signed for a billion dollars that canít do anything. Or, I could be the young draftee that gets caught with a bottle of Jack Daniels in his locker. Either way, it doesnít look like I make the team. LOL

ObsiWan
08-23-2008, 06:59 AM
Where's that swtbound07 voodoo doll?
:voodoo:

WesmanTexanfan
08-23-2008, 10:35 AM
I like it....

can i take the Long Snapper position? lol

b0ng
08-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Popularity contest ahoy!

TexansLucky13
08-23-2008, 10:37 AM
I like it....

can i take the Long Snapper position? lol

I already got that!

WesmanTexanfan
08-23-2008, 10:41 AM
I already got that!

Aw man...... :(

well, those that cant do....coach.... ill take richard smiths job :), im sure i could do just as good if not better!

Shaft75
08-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Great...

I feel out of the loop. Maybe I could be a cheerleader... No, forget that...

John Mclain. I can't believe that thought came in my head.

Maybe, a backup lineman or a backup defensive player? I played way too much football and visit this board way too often to not make the team. Although, with my suspensions maybe I got booted off.

Regardless, swt this thread is very original. Good job.

swtbound07
08-23-2008, 02:48 PM
every team has a 53 man roster...theres plenty of room in other facets.

SheTexan
08-23-2008, 03:16 PM
every team has a 53 man roster...theres plenty of room in other facets.

SW, I like my position as LOLB and will play it to the best of my ability!! You left out the most important facts though. I am tall, hummmm fat, mean as hell when messed with, and known to spew out a few four letter words when necessary! :shetexan:

Sorry boys!! BUT, I vote for DiapHer for kicker!! she's got connections ya know!!!:smiliedance:

cuppacoffee
08-23-2008, 03:21 PM
" Ohhh, Ohhhh " in my best Horshack voice ( welcome back Kotter tv series for you youngsters.)

I'll be the team chaplain.

Gotta go practice " as I lay me down to sleep" in my best Bill Peterson voice.

:coffee:..:backsout:

jgl35
08-23-2008, 03:33 PM

Owner

pittbull3
08-23-2008, 03:43 PM
I figured my time away from the board would hurt my All-Time chances. At least, I should get honorable mention for my time in Pittsburgh and still being ULTRA INVOLVED!

Texans_Chick
08-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the kind words.

Though by disposition and ability, I am more of a MLB. I like strategery, getting to where the ball is, and well, I'm way too slow to be a cornerback. I have nice quicks, ball sense and reaction time, but I am mostly lacking in the fast twitch muscles.

But I suppose message board-wise, I can always dream of having wheels.

Wolf
08-23-2008, 07:54 PM

Though by disposition and ability, I am more of a MLB. I like strategery, getting to where the ball is, and well, I'm way too slow to be a cornerback. I have nice quicks, ball sense and reaction time, but I am mostly lacking in the fast twitch muscles.

not sure TC, kinda hard to get traction in ....:texans chick: .. but I see what you mean you like to be like demeco and go side to side..

maybe :shetexan: can help you with the pivot of the hips so you can turn and burn

alphajoker
08-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Popularity contest ahoy!

:spit: I thought I was done with high school. Rep coming your way!

SeŮor Stan
08-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Somebody has got to be ready to step into SWTs Free Safety position when he inevitably violates the league's substance abuse policy....

SeŮor Stan
08-24-2008, 08:50 AM
ROFLB: PowerfullDragon- Disappears for long stretches, then reappears and makes threadsaving posts. Drinks Lonestar before every game

fixed it for you.

Malloy
08-24-2008, 08:54 AM
I think Iím the broken down aging player signed for a billion dollars that canít do anything. Or, I could be the young draftee that gets caught with a bottle of Jack Daniels in his locker. Either way, it doesnít look like I make the team. LOL

Thorn, we can sign up to be the drunk rambling dudes making obsene gestures at opposing teams during the game while arguing who should get the next couple of rounds. Sort of a male drunk cheerleading squad? :)

ObsiWan
08-24-2008, 08:54 AM

I can totally see you making the defensive calls, roamin' sideline-to-sideline, and stompin' on those that cross your path unawares - or awares even...

..."Strategery".... I may have to google that one
:D

EDIT:
OMG! "strategery" exists! Its a Dubya-ism (http://www.answers.com/topic/strategery?method=26&initiator=CANS)
I should have known.

Thorn
08-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Thorn, we can sign up to be the drunk rambling dudes making obsene gestures at opposing teams during the game while arguing who should get the next couple of rounds. Sort of a male drunk cheerleading squad? :)

The agitators huh? I kind of like that role. LOL

maddogmrb
08-24-2008, 11:18 AM
I just wanna coach the cheerleaders....

:perfect10:

:elmo:

imatexan
08-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Wheres blazingarrow? :rolleyes:

TexansLucky13
08-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Wheres blazingarrow? :rolleyes:

He's the volunteer that Toro tackles before we play the Tacks

mancunian
08-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Who was the Punter?........and anybody wanna be David Carr :scarygirl:

BeerTastesLikeVictory
08-25-2008, 11:12 AM
I can be the Richard Smith (DC) of this team. I am always around and rarely contribute much.

Texan_Bill
08-25-2008, 11:20 AM

Our Offense:

Nicely done SWT!!!

However, I must announce my retirement from the game that I greatly love. I must step down from my RT position due to chronic carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis..... *sighs*

Besides that, as a player I could not fratenize with the cheerleaders. As a retiree I can fratenize with them all I want and they can pamper me....

ledzeppelin229
08-25-2008, 12:22 PM
They can, but why on other would they?

powerfuldragon
08-25-2008, 12:26 PM
if anyone's the punter it's me dammit.

mancunian
08-26-2008, 02:21 AM
PD is the return of Chad Stanley

hobie
08-26-2008, 07:42 AM

Our Offense:

See, even he knows..that is a definate sign of a :hobie:

SouthSideTexan
08-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Can I be Cheerleader Security? I swear I'll limit myself to one twelve pack per game. :hunter:

TEXANS84
08-26-2008, 09:49 AM

Look out Demeco. And, I get a cool radio in my helmet. Deal!